Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 AM   #91  

DJM, don't apologize for having to ask! NSV = Non Scale Victory!
Paige, sorry you aren't wearing that dress, but it does sound like you are close. Your goal to reach by January is very close, what is the next goal for you?

Gosh, Ginny, my heart breaks for that kid on the bus. What will happen to him? I hate to think of kids in foster care and how awful their lives have to be and how awful their lives were before. Are you a teacher?
OK, guys, I'm in a humorous mood this morning, I guess, but I am cutting and pasting the words to grapefruit diet here for us all to read and smile about, I wish I knew the tune:
Lyrics to Weird Al Yankovich Grapefruit Diet

Who's that waddlin' down the street?
It's just me, 'cause I love to eat
Fudge and Twinkies and deviled ham
Who's real flabby? Yes, I am!
Every picture of me's
Gotta be an aerial view
Now my doctor tells me
There's just one thing left to do--

Grapefruit Diet (Diet)
Throw out the pizza and beer
Grapefruit Diet (Diet)
Oh, get those jelly donuts out of here
Grapefruit Diet (Diet)
Might seem a little severe
Grapefruit Diet (Diet)
I'm gettin' tired of my big fat rear
Blow, flatty!

Well, I used to live on chocolate sauce
Made sumo wrestlers look like Kate Moss
Walked down an alley and I got stuck
I got more rolls than a pastry truck
When I'm all done eating
I eat a little more
When I leave a room
First I gotta grease the door

Grapefruit Diet (Diet)
Can't have another eclair
Grapefruit Diet (Diet)

At any rate, the is a little bit of truth to some of those words, and I just love Weird Al at times. His approach to life and humor have earned him a place in society. My daughter has a DVD of him and a few CDS which is why I get to know his stuff. She thinks it's a riot.
But, I remember him from when I was lots younger, he's been around for awhile.
Linda
Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Ginny - Hugs to you and hope today goes better. It's been a full moon and this month it's been a really rough cycle.

I'm the one who posted the soup recipe and someone else wanted the 7 day poem - maybe Linda? It's so easy to get us all confused. Maybe when we lose a tad bit more, we'll post pics so we have a face with a name ????
Old 12-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #93  
burned out bus driver

Rose and Linda........thanks for putting up with me and my senior moments...or bus driver burnout. Either excuse works for me! Think I would confuse myself with someone else if I did not have picture ID. Anyway, Rose the soup was great. We all loved it.
Linda- I remember Wierd Al from years ago.......thanks I needed a smile today!
And if he can make you smile........that is wonderful.
DJM- well there is ww speak.......ww math, all kinds of ww lingo. (I get messed up with it too sometimes).

What else could I expect today? My car would not start (getting the new battery later).......but it makes me walk to work this afternoon, guess I do not have to worry about getting my workout in (already did one mile on the treadmill b4 car woes hit).

Gotta go.......hope everyone's day is going well! It's Friday!
Ginny
Old 12-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #94  

Ginny-It was me that wanted that poem!

Soooooo guess what?! I tried on the dress again today, and holy schmoly it fit! I've been doing A LOT of squats and lunges this week because I knew that the problem area with the dress was my thigh/hip area, so maybe it worked? However, I'm still not wearing it. (LOL!) It fits, but I don't think it looks right...kind of makes me look poochy in the tummy area. Oh well, I'm just so glad that I was able to get it to not be tight anymore. I think I would of been a little self conscious anyway wearing it. I did another little "closet fashion show" today with dd as my audience. She asked me to try on this bridesmaid dress that I had bought for a wedding a few years ago (and never got to wear because they eloped!) So I tried it on...it's a separate skirt and top, and the top is a burgundy red with rhinestones and has a little higher of a neckline, so I've decided to wear that under my suit. It actually looks really pretty, and I think I will feel more confident in it.

I have to say, I really am just so proud of myself. I was thinking today about the past few years going to this xmas party, and I've always been so upset going because I had wanted to lose weight for it and feel better about myself. I've always had a rotten time because I was so down on myself because it was just a reminder about how I had failed and didn't fit into that stupid dress and how I had to settle for something that would fit. And I'd feel so bad about it because my poor attitude would make dh not have as good of a time. Well this year I actually did it. I feel so freakin good about going. Yeah, I'm not wearing the dress, and I am wearing my trusty suit (which really is getting too big!) but I KNOW I WILL LOOK DAMN GOOD! And I am just so excited to get dressed up and go!

DH just got home from work, so I'm going to treat myself to a bubble bath while he is watching dds!

Hope everyone has had a great day!
Paige
Old 12-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #95  
burned out bus driver

Paige- you awesome woman! I love your attitiude..........have a blast and I am sure you will look like a million bucks!!!!! Forgive me for being the eternally brain dead person and mixing up everyone. This has been a stressful week. Hey, is the party tonite?
I am going to try to print out your picture to give to Laura......just so she knows who asked for the poem. Let ya know later if it works.

I survived today...kiddies were wacko....but they are all home safely....that is all that counts.

Gotta go to Dd's Christmas play. Enjoy your weekend!
Ginny
Old 12-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #96  

Ginny - I hope next week is better but my SIL says December is almost as bad as May for being with school kids. Hugs to you and hope you get through it.

Paige - WOW O WOW O WOW!!!!! How great is that!!!! Is the party tonight?

I'm hanging out here today and getting my Christmas tree up and assembled. No one here to bug me at this point. I'll be shopping next week with next week's check. I've been a huge stickler for not using credit for Christmas the last couple years - not that I don't have a large credit card balance but at least I don't let Christmas increase the load.

How's the cookie baking going Paige? I'd have to be in the right frame of mind to pull that one off. Good luck.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #97  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI everyone, way to go Paige. Can not wait until I am at that pt. This weekend so far has not been good....... My son may have Whooping cough so I may have infected his class... I thought it was his asthma....... I feel so bad but we will not know until Mon. The doc told me he has never been wrong . Well I hope thi is the first.... I took him in on Wed, my doc was not there and the doc I saw thought it was his asthma too. I just took him back on Friday to double check and Than I find out it was more serious than Thought... Oh welll.

So on Friday we decided to have chinese...... I tried to do well, I had 1/2 veg egg roll and about 2 1/2 cups of beef ,chick, shrimp dish... It was spo good I tried to stop at 1 cup just could not do it.... Than I had an hiceream sandwhich... Man once jyou blow it it is hard to maintain normal eating...

Than today my dh brought home Fajitas.... My favorite,, With the homemade chipos.... I made one fajita , I ate mostly that dish without the roll, but I ate those chips.... So tonight and tom it is salads GALORE and FRUIT.....You play you pay..... I am sure I have so much salt in this body from 2 days of foreign food that I could blow up like a sponge.....I have no idea how to count these pts but I will figure it out.....Lesson learned.... It is not like it is the last time this will happen I know I need to regain control..... I also know that I need to eat whatI cook and stick with that until I am in this ww for a while longer.

Enough complaining,, I did go out today with my 7 year old son and we cut down our tree. Frist time I ever did anything like that.... Dh stayed home with the older boy.. We had fun. So today we are putting it up... I wanted to make cookies but I think I best stay away from that today.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay focused and drink the water.... hI wish I could say the same...
Old 12-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #98  

I made the fetticine which was in my 1st week Points book from one of the times I joined. It has 1 cup fetticine, covered with cooked fresh tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, thinly slivered zucchini, fresh mushrooms cooked just enough to take the hard crisp out of it. Pour over fetticine. 4 pts. Now I dredged a some chicken breast tenders in Italian bread crumbs, fried it in my allowment of oil (1pt - 1 pt for crumbs - 2 pts for the tenders) and had that on the side. YUMMY - 8 pts and it was a HUGE helping. Everything there too. SHould hold me for the night
Old 12-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #99  

Hi all...quick stop by before I get ready for church. I think this is the first time I've been so glad the service starts at 8:30...I have so much baking to get done today because tomorrow I'll be studying for my two finals that are on Tuesday. Busy, busy, busy! At least dh is home today to keep the kids somewhat occupied!

Dh's party was great! I really had such a good time. It's nice because I've gotten to where I know a lot of the other wives quite well, so it's always like a little reunion at these functions. Dh is very good friends with the HRM, and he and his wife have girls that are the exact same ages as our girls (within a few weeks, even) so his wife and I sat next to each other and gabbed the whole night. Dh joked that he and her dh could of left and we wouldn't of even noticed...he's right, too! Eating wise, I think I did ok. I had a few appetizers (bruschetta, and some shrimp & scallop on a little toast) and for dinner I had chicken, but I didn't even end up eating it all. The same with dessert...it was a scoop of ice cream, and I only ate about half of it.

Yesterday, however, apparently my brain decided that I would not be op. I talked dh into getting Chinese last night...yes, the salt content in my body is probably quite outrageous right now, too! Oh well, it is what it is. It was pretty good Chinese, though! Right back on track today! And I have quality control samplers in house today while I'm baking, so I have no need to taste anything!

Rose- The fetticine sounds yummy! I'll have to try that next time when dh wants alfredo, and just leave the alfredo out and add in the veggies. Actually, maybe I'll make it for dinner tonight. Thanks for the idea; we've been so bored with our dinner menu lately (hence the Chinese last night!)

Ok, gotta run! I'll probably check in later!!!

Paige
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #100  
burned out bus driver

Morning!!!!!!!!
Like Paige, I am attempting to get ready for church.......and my mother just called, so I guess I'd better get myself moving. (as my mother is chatting away....)
Paige, glad the party was such a hoot.
Rose- the fetticine sounds great......
DJM- I hope your son is feeling better. Whopping cough is can be serious stuff, and rather rare these days (I used to work for the firm that manufactured the vaccine).
Sorry to be short....the phone call took my computer time. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #101  

Paige, way to go with the party!
Hmmm... two people in our little "group" confessed to Chinese food, wonder what it was this weekend that made people crave that? I had an ice cream sundae, though, on Saturday afternoon. Bad Girl!
However, I've been doing fairly well sticking with CORE otherwise. I hope to be able to have a loss at weigh in tomorrow in spite of the ice cream. We'll see.
Time to get some serious house cleaning done today, so off I go.
Take care everyone, you are doing great!
Linda
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #102  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, Well this weekend did not go as well as I hoped. I have a wi tom and I need to refocus. My son is still home and I was told If his culture comes back positive
he needs to stay home until WEDNESDAY.... Thank goodness I got my shopping finished... My younger one is coughing today, The nurse told me to send him because we are not sure yet if it is Whooping cough. I just hope I do not get it.....

Last night My dh and I decided to put the empty containers away form xmas supplies. It is in the crawl space. Well I said I would do it so I could put them away the way I LIKE it. While he handed me the stuff. After about 3 boxes BANG I hit my head on this pointy metal edge on the heat duck. Well blood started oozing out and my head was in sooo much pain. The blood stopped but man did I have a headache. I took some asprin . I could not get rid of the headache. So dh opened up a wonderful bottle of wine. Well after a few glasses I swear my headache was gone. Maybe the asprin finally kicked in but that wine was good. So I went over my pts.......Next time I will not be so picking about how I want things put away. I will never understand why construction people do not just pour a full basemement. If your going to dig a basement than just do the whole nine yards. Do not just leave a small portion of it not dug out. Really how many loads of dirt can that be. Sometimes I think women can do a much better job at a lot of things.

Anyway enough chating, I think i have been with my kids so long it is nice to chat with adults....Good luck everyone with the losses I will letyou know How I do tom....
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #103  

Hi all...let's see if I can type this quickly before dds start to climb on my lap!

I think I did pretty well yesterday, considering all the baking. I really didn't sample anything...ok, I will confess to two chocolate covered cherries, but they really aren't that awful. If you guys could see all the stuff I made yesterday...omg...and I still have so much more to make. A lot of the things I made yesterday went to my dd's teacher's gifts. Because she is in two different preschools this year, she has NINE teachers! Holy schmoly! So far this morning I've already made a few things, but the rest of the day I have to study for two of my finals that are tomorrow. UGH, I just can't wait for this week to be over. And on top of that, my neighbor's daughter is turning 13, and she reminded me yesterday that I promised her that I would make her a sculpted Eeyore cake for her birthday party...on Sunday. Don't ask me when I'm going to be able to do it! Dh and I are going to be gone all day on Saturday to a NJ Devils game (we live a few hrs from the arena) soooo I really don't know what I'm going to do. ACK! Somehow I think I thrive on the stress, though! LOL!

Anyway...cut short by a crying dd. Gotta run!

Paige
Old 12-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #104  

DJS, sorry about the head thing, ouch! I agree, why not put in a full basement if you are going to do it anyway. I had a house when we lived in NY state that had about a 4 foot crawlspace under it and you couldn't stand up down there, but it was just like a normal basement otherwise. What was the point of that? Oh well.
This house, also, has an attic with a pull down stairway that you can only stand in the center of. It's just awful up there and I hate it, but we have not other space to store things, so we use it. I get scared on the ladder, and have hit my head more than once up there.
Well, it's off to get to work. I'm baking cookies today too, I'll feel like Paige, I guess. I'm visiting an elderly relative this week and want to bring her homemade bread and cookies like my mom always did. It's interesting how some people die at different ages in the same family. This woman is my mom's cousin and she is in her mid-90s and my mom passed away at 79. Same gene-pool, so who can figure out why one would pass on so much younger than the other? At any rate, I only have two remaining relatives on my mom's side, so I need to take good care of them. Bringing homemade goodies near the holidays is a nice thing to do. Goodness knows, she doesn't need to worry about her weight, at least!
Linda
Old 12-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #105  

Where is everyone? I am concerned that you all are out there eating holiday foods vs. being here to stay in control!
Here's a challenge.... make a quick update on how you are doing here and immediately go and drink a big glass of water, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00!
As for me, it's my meeting day and I am kind of hopeful that I might have a loss.... I'll post later on and let you all know.
As for me, it's off to get that BIG glass and have my water, then off on some errands.
Linda
Closed Thread