Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #166  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Ginny, my day was long. DH had to work. I am really hating Christmas and had to work hard not to pig out on junk food. Luckily there wasn't any in the house so it wasn't too hard to keep control. I haven't had the pig out feeling in a while. I had only used one flex point (week ends today for me) this week so I did a mini pig out. I had one more 100 calorie pack of fudge strips cookies than I had points for. This is the past week OP I have had. Only used 3 flex points for the whole week. I can live with that.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:58 AM   #167  

Ginny-Happy Birthday! Glad you had a nice day, sorry you have the pms blues too! LOL! Maybe someday after the holidays and after all the hoop-la calms down, you and I will have to get together for a cup of coffee?

Now that I think of it, mil does usually put out a tray of carrots, so at least I can just snack on that instead of the chips. She always gets some shrimp, too, and puts it out as an appetizer with cocktail sauce, so that will also be a good alternative. I think the key with me is that I can't eat ANY of the bad stuff...not even a nibble. Once I have a bite, it's all downhill.

Dds were up soooooooo early today. We moved little dd's toddler bed into big dd's room yesterday, and little dd woke up a little after 5am (probably just startled her to wake up in a different room) and then woke me up, and then her sister. How is it that dh is still sleeping right now?! It's funny...big dd is so excited to be sharing a room with her little sister. I was laughing yesterday; I was looking in one of our photo albums, getting nostalgic when I saw the picture of little dd on the day we brought her home from the hospital. I guess I started thinking...hmmm...maybe it would be nice to have another little one. Then I turned the page and saw a picture of a very pregnant me. That killed ANY thought of having another baby! LOL! I hated being pregnant, and gained SO much weight with both pregnancies. Not to mention that the stress that is caused by my dds is what probably causes 99% of my stress eating! LOL!

Anyway...chatting away when I need to be getting ready for church.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Paige
Old 12-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
I am SO HUNGRY TODAY! Not sure if it's just stress (as I'm waiting for my DH to bring home more wrapping paper so I can finish). We were out and about and stopped at McDonald's for lunch. I was OK though, how hard is it though to have only a coffee and a yogurt parfait (3 pts. total) while everyone else is eating whatever they want!!!

I really want to reach my 10lb. goal though b/c if I do, I'm giving myself the reward of a pedicure. Just gotta get through 2 more days, this is soooo hard! Everyone keeps bringing over chocolate, peanut brittle, muffins, OMG, help!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you so much for all of your supportive conversations, they mean so much to me.
Erica
Old 12-25-2006, 06:58 AM   #169  

Can any of you guys that attend meetings help me figure out what my new daily points allowance is, since I don't go to the meetings or subscribe to ww online? Do the points work any differently than normal or are they are just figured differently?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:52 AM   #170  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays to all. I hope everyone has a great day. Mine started off really well. Santa brought me chocolates. I couldn't believe Santa would do that. My brother thougth I had been doing so well on my new lifestyle he thought I needed chocolates. I know he meant well. It is just I don't know that I can be alone with a box of chocolates.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:45 AM   #171  

Welcome to Newlifestyle.... you'll have to share your first name or a nickname with us, as that's quite the "mouthful".
I'm back after a few days of being "off program". I feel "fat" today and am ready to break the pattern and get back to business. However, there are leftovers everywhere and I must use resistance. My kids are both sick and were yesterday, which didn't add much to the day, but we got through it. It was an easier day than I thought it would be, in the end. I find that the days that I expect to miss my mom and dad and feel badly end up being ok. I am caught off guard when the reminders come at other times.
Chris, I feel badly about your relationship with your mom and dad. Do you ever try to get in touch? I would give anything to have my mom and dad back and it saddens me to think that yours are still alive, but not in your life. What a shame. (((((hugs)))))) to you as well!
Ginny, happy belated B'day, what a busy day to have as your birthday, do you celebrate later on in a way so you don't have to share it with so much other activity?
As for me, boy did I overeat. I can't even begin to tell you all. Maybe next year I will do some things different? I kind of spent the last few days feeling uncomfortable after eating so much.
My meeting is this afternoon, if I dare to go? We'll see. I know I'll have a gain, for sure, but why not just go and be done with it all?
Tomorrow morning we leave for Rhode Island to visit my in-laws and celebrate Christmas with them. I'll be eating again... maybe I'll do better and maybe I'll just cart some of our leftovers to their house so I won't have to have them all here? I have some VERY hungry teenage nieces and nephews as well as my own two kids who will be there?
I just had my breakfast and went right back to my CORE foods for this one meal, there is no telling if I can keep that up throughout the day, but I'm going to try!
I did learn that CORE foods make me feel better through all of this, that is a good lesson if nothing else.
Linda
Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #172  
A matter of time

Linda, for years I hadn't tried to get in contact with my parents. This year I have sent them a thinking of you card in August, and a Christmas card this month. I have an uncle who gives me a family update once a year in his Christmas card. Late August a cousin found me and we have been emailing. She has really kept me up date on what is going on in the family.

I had always known there was a lot of cancer in the family. My grandmother (dad's mom) died of breast cancer, and one of my dad's sisters and one of hise brothers died of lung cancer. My cousin tells me that another one of dad's brothers had a cancerous some tumors in his neck removed and died a few days after surgery. PLUS my dad has had cancer of the prostrate (he is sitll living). So that makes my grandmother and 4 out of 6 children with cancer. No one my generation has had cancer that we know of.

All this cancer has lead me to this journey of becoming healthier and lossing the weight. You wouldn't think weight could be a risk factor in cancer, but I have read several reports that have stated it could be. So the pounds must come off.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #173  

Chris, keep trying and don't give up. Do you live close enough to just stop in at some point?
As far as food goes, good for you, Chris, let's keep that healthy outlook going! Cancer is my enemy as well, so many in my family have had it and I just want to prolong my life, but to have it healthy. So, I am here trying to lose weight for that same reason, but for other things too. I hate tight clothes and I hate not looking "trim" when I glance in the mirror. I think that being overweight ages you and people end up looking 10 years older while they are carrying all those extra pounds. I'm old enough already without making myself look older!
I've had a BAD morning, though. I did eat my nice breakfast of oatmeal and fruit and then have found myself eating uncontrolled snacks all morning. It's nearly lunchtime and I am really feeling awful and my pants feel tight.
I said I was going to be back in control today and have done nothing right.
I did throw out some food that has been around here, though, and that felt like an accomplishment.
I also packaged cookies to bring with us when we go away to my in-laws tomorrow. If they are packaged as gifts, then I won't have my hands into those containers. They are spoken for and no longer mine!
I've got to regain my control! Lunchtime is almost here. I already ate enough points in snacks to qualify as a lunch, but if I don't eat something healthy, I'll be starving later and probably blow it all again.
I have some of the WW garden vegetable soup in the freezer, perhaps some of that will be helpful?
Linda
Old 12-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #174  
A matter of time

Linda, my parents winter in Flordia and summer in New York. I am in Virginia. I am sure they pass by here twice a year. I plan on sending thinking of you cards as well as birthday cards. Not much more I can do.

Sorry to hear you have had a hard time keeping the eating in control today. Becuase I went to a WW meeting this morning at 8 I decided to eat breakfast after the meeting. So you would think that with a late breakfast I would want a late lunch. NOPE. I usually eat lunch and 11:30 and well I did today too. I still want to eat today. Not sure what that is all about. So far I am in control of it.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:15 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I didn't get any chocolates and I didn't eat any - they didn't appeal to me ???? How strange is that? I'm sicke with the flue today so it's a nasty day for me. I'm hoping that I'm going to feel much better real soon and that's only the 24 hour variety

I'll be back around more starting this week. WOw - even knowing how hectic the holidays would be and preparing for it - it still all caved in on me. I have got to figure out a way not to let this stuff wait until the last minute.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #176  
A matter of time

Sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #177  
burned out bus driver

Survived the weekend........how stressful it was. And I ate like a pig.......Will be back tomorrow to really say hi.
Ginny
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #178  

Hi all! I'm having the first op day in the LONGEST time! I've even tracked...omg, I don't believe it. I signed up for the WW online free 7 day trial so that I could see what my new pts value is. So I went UP 4 pts a day, going from 26 to 30. That makes me nervous, but it makes me want to try it out to see if I actually lose weight. Realistically I probably will because 30 pts, I'm SURE, is a lot less than what I've been eating per day this last month. Hey, anything that gets me back in the habit of tracking my points every day, right? The only thing I'm wondering is how much my daily pts will drop as I lose weight. I'm not planning on going past the 7 day free trial of WW online...it's way too expensive for me right now, plus I've done it before and it just didn't do it for me.

Anyway...so did you all have a nice holiday? My eating was pretty out of control, so it really feels good to be in control today. Like a relief, ya know? I've had a huge gain; might even be more than what I put my signature back to, but TOM is supposed to start today, so I think after that is over, my weight probably will settle around 210. UGH! Oh well...what can I expect, right? I did the damage, now I've gotta do damage control! Dh promises me that he will be back on WW after New Years. I really hope he follows through with it. He has gained 10-20lbs the past few months (that should be a compliment to me and my baking! LOL!) It's just so much easier to stay op when we are doing it together. I'm also really going to get back to the Y starting next week. It's horrible that I don't go, because our health insurance gives dh $200 and me $100 for going a certain number of times in a 6 month period. It would pay for our Y family membership, and it works out to going 3 times a week. The downfall is that the Y is 25 minutes away, but we chose to join there because it's in the same town that dh works in and because they have babysitting. I just need to start going again! The beginning of this year I was religious in going...everyday the girls and I would be in the car by 9:15, and I would work out for about 1 1/2 hrs.

Well enough chatting...dd has a dentist appt tonight, so I guess I should get some dinner around here soon.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Paige
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

I have been trying to post here for the last couple of days, but then I when I hit the submit button, my computer locks up or something, oh well.

Paige-glad to hear that you are back on track. I think that going op isn't as bad as compared to the ability to get back on it! And man do I ever commend you to be doing this with your profession.

As for as me and the increase of points ( I went from 24 to 26) with the new material, I've decided to stick with the 24 with the idea that, on most days I probably go over 2 pts. give or take anyway.

Has anyone here always done the flex program, but tried core every once in awhile? My leader said the other night, that when your weight loss has stalled, it might be a good idea to try core. I'm afraid of core though, it just seems like too much freedom. Any input?
Erica

Old 12-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #180  

Erica-That's the reason that I never did Core...I don't trust myself to "know" when I am satisfied. Plus when dh is on WW, he does Flex, so it is just easier to have both of us do the same thing. There are a few people here that were on Flex and switched to Core, so they will probably be able to give you some more insight.

What are you all doing for New Year's? We are leaving on Saturday for my parents. They live about 45 min southwest of Corning (Erica...you probably know what direction I'm going in) so it's about a 3 hr 15 min drive for us. We're supposed to be having a little New Year's Eve get together with some people, so I'm going to save my flex pts.

Off to take down the xmas tree! It's loosing it's needles and already starting to turn brown. At least dds aren't too heart broken over taking it down.

Have a good day all!
Closed Thread