Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default How do you use your flex?

I have been trying to use no more than 20 of my flex points each week. I have been hoping that will account for any times I may have miscalculated my points, though I do try to get my points very accurate.

This weekend I used all but 5 of my flex points. Dinner date on Friday night, Birthday party (80th!!!) for my Grandpa today.

So I have eaten a lot this weekend, especially compared to what I usually eat.

What do you do? Do you eat all your flex? Do you see significant differences in weight loss depending on whether or not you eat them?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Do not be afraid to use your flexpoints. Do not be afraid you are not counting correctly. These are the 2 biggest fears I have seen since I started doing points in 1998.

If you are over or under once in a while it is not going to make or break your weight loss efforts.

W/W gives us the points to use so use them. There are a few who cannot use them.

I came from back in the day of ranges (minimum = daily/target / maximum = could use or bank but is equal to flex). I varied my points on a daily basis and used all the points I was given or earned (this means using my activity points too) each week.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #3  

I always use my flex points. I actually like referring to them as "wine points" b/c that is basically how I use them. Also, if I know I'm going out for dinner or something like that, I'll save my flex points for that.

I agree with Kelly though, you really should use them. That's why they are given to you.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

In the 10 weeks I have been on WW this time, I have never not used my points. (bad grammar I know). Some weeks I use almost all of them, some weeks, only 10-15 of them. It hasn't affected my weight loss in the least. I love having them. I like it so much better than the banked points system that Kelly talks about and I like having set daily points without having a range.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #5  
One Martini at a Time...

I used my points more on weekends, but mostly just to stay full.
I had a hard time adjusting to the 2 pt drop in my target, so the flex points helped fill that gap.
I also do the Wendie Plan, which varies the points every day. This is great for me, since I can really fit my points to my hunger / social activities for that day.
Closed Thread