Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 AM   #16  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Alright, I'm waiting on your verdict. Good Luck
Old 10-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Glad to see everyone here. Glad to see all the losses!

I have changed my eating this week. I was going over my eating books and seeing what was happening. I have found that I am not eating much meat lately. So I decided to try a vegetarian approach to weight loss. NOT to say that I will not eat meat. I love fish and to have a great steak cooked on the grill. But I dont eat much meat on a daily basis. So I got some Boca Burger, Veggie Cheeses and few cans of beans (chick peas & black beans). I already drink Soy milk because I am lactose intolerant.
I did some reading and found good sources of Protein in beans, soy and veggies as well as calcium sources. so I am setting myself up for a great week.
Most of the foods I eat are core except Whole Wheat bread and Weight Watchers Bagels, English Muffins and Yogurt. and I make some kind of muffin each week. this week I made Pumpkin Muffins...Yum! Next week I am going to try some kind of apple muffins. Have to find a recipe for that.

Pumpkin Muffins...

1 Vanilla Cake Mix
1 small Can (15 oz. I think)
1 -2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, Apple Pie Spice or Cinnamon (my addition)

Mix all ingredients. put into cupcake liners. Bake until tooth pick comes out clean. Keep refridgerated and eat in 7 days.

46 points for all the mix.
So if you make 18 muffins like I do, They are 2.5 points each.
24 muffins 2 points each.

Here are my points for the days...

Monday 28 points
Tuesday 26 points
Wednesday 31 points
Thursday 27 points
Friday (SHD) 41 points
Saturday 26 points
Sunday 30 points

I weigh in tomorrow...Let you know...Last week I stayed the same but I was not very good. I did not track anything...Life was very hectic and I really didnt have time...I try to eat all core foods.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quote:
n a nutshell, the way I understand it is this: Vary your points daily, making sure your super high day is a minimum of 3 days before weigh in. Other than that, the way you vary the points is personal choice? Does this very simplified version sound correct?

My weigh in is tomorrow (Saturday) and I'm anxious to see the results. I've not used many flex points in the last two months because I really haven't been hungry or needed them.....therefore, using so many of them makes me a bit nervous!! __________________
Kelly
Kelly, you are basically right. Your points are kind of set for you by the wendie plan rules...It goes by your current weight.
One rule to remember is you want to have at least 3 lower days before your weigh in.

You have 214 in your profile....Here is what it looks like.

POINTS TARGET - 26 (Weigh 200 - 224 lbs)
Day 1 - 26 points Thursday
Day 2 - 31 points Friday
Day 3 - 27 points Saturday
Day 4 - 41 points Super High Day (SHD)Sunday
Day 5 - 26 points Monday
Day 6 - 30 points Tuesday
Day 7 - 28 points Wednesday

You can make your SHD when ever you want it...I usually have it the day after my weigh in...which was Thursdays but now is Wednesdays..but I kept Friday as my SHD. The easiest way to change the order is to type lets say Sunday next to your super high day..then go to what is written as day 5 and write Monday. then day 6 write Tuesday, until you have a day next to each day listed..
Hope this helps you...

Well I am going to go...Have to get my daughter ready for PreK.
Hope all the weigh ins go well... Talk to you later!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #18  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Wendy! I'm planning to stick to flex until it tapers off or plateaus, then changing things up with the Wendie Plan!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #19  
One Martini at a Time...

Go Stacy go! An evil yet oh so tasty sticky bun jumped in my mouth this morning...sigh...OUCH it hurts when that wagon runs you over ;-)
Old 10-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Okay...just back from my WI....the verdict -1.4lbs. Hmmmm...not quite sure how I'm feeling about it I'm am thrilled with the loss ..but obviously got my hopes up with the WP for a little more. It was a little larger than my loss from last week so that's a good thing. So I have decided I'll stick with WP for atleast one more wekk & see how it goes.

SO now....I can't wait to see how everyone else does over the remainder of the week.....

sunshinedaizy~ thanks for the recipe...I LOVE pumpkin!!! Can't wait to try it!

WineBrat~ watch out for those sticky buns and whatever you do, don't send them my way. Actually my weakness is Cream Filled Maple Bars.....Yum!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Stacy...1/4 pounds is wonderful! Keep up the great work.
I love pumpkin also...I have a couple more I will post tomorrow.

Have a great night!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 AM   #22  

sunshinedaizy...1.4lbs..not 1/4lb Look at me getting all nit-picky....Heavens knows I need all the help I can get.
The real reason I was responding to you was to tell you I made you pumpkin muffins this afternoon & they are absolutely FABULOUS!!! Love 'em!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Okay Miss_Cretia is next...I can't wait to hear about her weigh in!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

OK Ladies- I jealous- Not losing again- it's been two weeks and not down yet.

Stacy- I really am proud that you lost weight.

Wendy- I am going to make those Muffins - I think my DH will like them.

This is what I am sending to everyone
Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #24  
One Martini at a Time...

heheeh i know those sticky buns are EVIL. At least I stopped at half, and ohhh it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

And 1/4 pound is still 1/4 pound GONE! Yay!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #25  

Scalewatcher~ Hang in there girl...it's coming...just stick to it

WineBrat~ i almost caved yesterday when I saw this huge tray of pumpkin mini tarts at the grocery. I am sure one wouldn't be so bad....but I also know I wouldn't stop at one. And while I agree 1/4 is good, what I meant was I lost just under a pound and a half. I was just teasing sunshinedaizy & now I'm gonna have to razz you

So where is Miss Cretia??? I can't wait to hear............
Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #26  
One Martini at a Time...

lol - ok i'm razzed
It's been one of those weeks...darn that PMS! Hopefully WI tomorrow won't be as bad as I expect. Four great days, three so so days. Blah.
OK, pick up the pieces and move on. How many days til Turkey? heheee
Old 10-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #27  
One Martini at a Time...

Oh i wanted to add...today is one of my lower point day as WI is tomorrow, so for dinner I am having leftovers. BUT I made the Tropical CousCous from the Ultimate Flex & Core cookbook, added a sausage, and made a REALLY tasty 4-5 pt dinner (depending on how much I eat).

[pat pat - I will NOT give up]
Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #28  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! Today is my first day following the Wendie plan. So far, so good. Wendy, could you double check my pts and make sure they are okay?

My Version:
Day 1 - 33 points Wednesday
Day 2 - 29 points Thursday
Day 3 - 43 points Super High Day (SHD) Friday
Day 4 - 28 points Saturday
Day 5 - 32 points Sunday
Day 6 - 30 points Monday
Day 7 - 28 points Tuesday

My WI day is Tuesday and my daily pts are 28. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #29  

WineBrat~ You are gonna do great...I have confidence in you!! I don't have that cookbook (yet)....would you mind sharing the recipe??? I am always up for anything YUM

JasonsLea: Welcome!!! Your points look good! Horray....somebody to join me for Tuesday WI!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #30  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Verdict - .8 lbs. Not so happy about that.. I'm gonna give this one more week. I'm kinda thinkin' maybe I need to go down to the 20pts/day d/t I'm hangin' on the edge (150.0 on the nose). And actually, it's a big difference between the 20pts/ vs the 22 pts when you're adding back in the flex pts. Any suggestions? I'm kinda not so happy right now because I've been dangling between 150-151 for a couple of wks now and I was so sure that this was gonna do it.
Stacy, I'm proud of you.. 1.4 pounds is good. We'll both do better next wk!! We have too.

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 10-25-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Closed Thread