Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:47 AM   #136  

Hi, guys--sorry, DIVAS o mine! ;-} What IS it about this week?! It seems hard to me suddenly--I am soooo food focused and am scrounging to max the bulk available through my points. I'm staying OP, but am fitful and hungry and whiny and needy!...and it's NOT my TOM. *sigh* We'll get through, right ladies?

I suppose it's just pre-holiday stress--next week will be a challenge for me beyond the food issues. My husband and I will travel to get our son from school 5 hours away, then, instead of coming home to fix a meal for the family to gather around as I normally do, we will travel another two hours away to my sister's home, where she is hospicing through her end days with breast cancer. Family will gather there, I'll cook, and it will be a four day "living funeral"/tribute and giving of thanks for what we've had but will too soon lose. Another level of stress, right? *sigh* *sigh*

I will miss coming in here until the Sunday following, and I will miss WI for the week. But I will think of the support you give me when I'm feeling like crap, OK? And I will send you all the best vibes I can muster.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #137  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Bobbie Anne sounds like a real busy Thanksgiving a surely a bit out of the norm. But you will be greatful at the end of it for what steps your taking to have family together. Sounds like your sister is lucky to have you. Stress surely doesn't help when we are trying to lose wt. how well I know that one. Thinking about you! Hang in there!
WineBrat glad your feeling a little better. I am with you I love those pickles but they are full of fat. So increase the water rinse it out you will take away that little .4 gain.
I have gotten on the scale today as I promised myself I would. I was down 1/2lb. Better than nothing I'll take it. Its not much but more will come off if I do what I am suppose to and I know it. Though the doctor changing my thyroid med. last month might of had some say in my gain. Maybe she should of left it alone. Oh well blood test in a couple of weeks will tell I guess. I exercised last night for 1 hour steam cleaning my carpets. Now that was really a work out. But they look nice and feel so much better to walk on. A little fall cleaning before all my company on Thurs.
Welcome newbies I am also very new to this site. I like it and hope to continue here and see some wt. loss. The support is good and ideas shared are great.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #138  
Starting Over (again)

S/C/G: 229/183/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday!!! Time to do the happy dance! I am extremely peppy today , so sorry if I sound obnoxious!!Too much coffee, I guess. I am so proud, I have woken up at the butt-crack of dawn for the past 3 days to do an "extra" workout to make up for my gain last week. Tomorrow is WI, so I hope I do well.
Fit- congrats on your 2 lb loss!
Grace- Welcome my dear, hope this works for you!
Bobbie- So sorry you are super-stressed , it's times like those when I just want to give up, and give in. Well, DON'T!!! If you find yourself wanting to eat and eat and eat, try making the 0 point soup. I find that it always fills me up, and you can eat a super lot of it with very little points. Since you won't be on here next week, have a Happy Thanksgiving, and try to relax.
cacmsc- a 1/2 lb is great, especially when you are on meds. Sometimes it's hard to accept, but a lot of little losses add up!

So ladies, have a great weekend, and keep your fingers crossed, I really loathe WI sometimes!
Old 11-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #139  
One Martini at a Time...

Bobbie you Diva you! Have fun with your family (har har). Holiday stress does indeed make me hungry so it's probably that. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I was waching "Why I Wore Lipstick At My Mastectomy" last night, and boy did I lose it. Too many people I know have suffered. Hmph no pink ribbon smiley to should SOLIDARITY!

I love the idea of an end of life CELEBRATION. A family friend passed away unexpected a couple of months ago, and instead of a funeral we had a celebration of his life. It was very emotional but really lovely.

Sending you BIG HUGS and good thoughts (and a huge glass of wine) from this Brat !

Shellie, LESS CAFFIENE! heehee Hmm but then again, maybe all that pep will burn off another pound in time for WI!

The fog came back in today, sigh. I was so good yesterday and didn't have any wine, but today, it's cold and dark and I just want a glass of Zin with my lunch.

Blah.

HAPPY weekending all! Is anyone else going to a meeting before Thanksgiving? Gobble Gobble!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #140  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Well, due to traffic problems last night, I couldn't get to my meeting.

My normal 45 minute commute became two hours! I was not happy, to say the least and acted every inch the diva for a good five minutes.

All right, a diva with a sailor's vocabulary. The interstates were like driving at Talladega under caution. It was just awful.

A WW friend suggested I join this weekend, then go back to what I wanted to be my routine. WW used to not hold meetings on Thanksgiving (my age is showing), so I think I will take her advice because I want to get started!!

Everyone hold it together over the weekend. I'll be thinking about each of us and will be around on the thread.

Cheers!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #141  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. We FINALLY put the computer in the shop Friday so I should be back in about a week or so. I'm down to 239 now! YAY!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 AM   #142  
fIREFLY

It wasn't a bad weekend I had my higher W/ DAY on friday with pizza and some wings oh so good. Then cut back the next two days. Today I will plan a lower day and save up for the Thanksgiving Fest. I cook so its at my house its been busy trying to bake pies, breads etc. I think maybe the rolls will be store bought this year. I am working wed. and usually take the day before T. day off. About 23 for appitizers then 13 for dinner. We are planning our crazy shopping day for friday. Going at midnight to shop at the outlet first time we have done that. You can bank on if it was snowing hard we wouldn't it is about 1hr. away. Have a good day.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #143  
Starting Over (again)

Hey everybody, how are ya this beautiful Monday morning? I lost 1.5 lbs this weekend. Yay. I'm not feeling too enthusiastic about it, because I am kind of feeling like a fraud. Does anyone ever get the feeling that you are kind of cheating your way through the weight loss process? I feel like one day I am going to wake up and all the weight is going to come back because I ate poorly that weekend. Whatever, Don't listen to my meaningless rambling. Have a great day
Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #144  
One Martini at a Time...

LOL WaterBaby. I swear like a sailor too. Good thing my boss does too!

JasonsLea, YAY!!!! Keep it up! :

My cousin came in to town, and of course she eats whatever she wants and is thin, so I'm trying to stay OP with her in the house. UGH!

ShellieBellie, every time I have a high day I feel like that! I had chinese Saturday night and it was good, but I didn't make especially great choices, so I feel a bit like I cheated. Sigh. Have to go to an alternative meeting this week since my leader is on vacation so I'm a bit skittish.

It's socked in fog her today and...as I look out my office window it just got worse. YUCK!

Hope you all have a great Monday - I'm going to get another cup of coffee teehee
Old 11-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #145  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone. It is freezing cold, winds included, down here. I'm about to take a typing test so I can finish these applications for these positions I want.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #146  
Viva la vida loca!

Hm. Skittish about going to an alternative meeting. I understand how you feel. Don't want to get locked in to a particular meeting only to find out it doesn't help me. My DH works with the regional WW person and of course he put my business on the street, so to speak. She's relayed information about different meetings and I appreciate it, but dagnabbit, I don't want him going to work and talking about his wife being on a diet. He means well, but to me, that's a personal thing. He works in a call center, so everyone knows everyone else's business.

Okay, the venting is over, LOL!!

Sounds like several of us have good, solid plans in place for managing the weekend. AWESOME!

I couldn't stand it and weighed myself at home. The scale we have is accurate, but I almost wish it had lied...oy!! I weigh more now than I ever have in my entire life! This is no way to live! I've been eating on plan since then, and am amazed at how many points I've been consuming prior to this. Good gravy, no wonder I got so big!!

But, my bow is turned into the wind, so to speak, and I'm on course. Plan to stay that way too.

You all are so inspirational and I so enjoy coming here and reading posts. As I get to know everyone, I look forward to becoming a ongoing part of this happy, healthy group.

More later!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #147  
Starting Over (again)

Claire- You should be proud that you decided to hang up the fat-pants and join up! All it takes is a little motivation and a LOT of patience. You can do it! We are ALL here to listen and help each other through the struggles.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #148  
Starting Over (again)

JLea-good luck with the apps. Finger's crossed.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:56 AM   #149  
fIREFLY

ShellieBellie congrats on the loss. To lose over the weekend is great! I understand your feelings and being a bit scared but aren't we suppose to be flexing our way through? One day higher then lower then fun day with extras and back down again?
Claire the hubby was not thinking clearly. My guy is small and can eat a house he has a hard time thinking how I worry about my extra lbs. Men like mine that are small and never ever had to have a care about a cal. or pt. or lbs. have no real idea what its like. My hubby could eat til the cows come home and never ever gain. It kills me. And he doesn't like food as I do CAN eat chips dip etc... But I like to cook, experiment and have great tasting food. He just wants to fill his belly. Not fair. So I think men just don't think the same as us. Together on the sites we know how it is and support each other and thats great. Glad you joined us here. I had a good day yesterday til I got home too hungry and ate some ritz crackers which were on the counter from the skinny hubby who left them there. It was my only down fall of the day.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #150  
Viva la vida loca!

Shellie -- As soon as I shrink out of the fat pants, they will be stored for awhile. Then I will periodically try them on and remember what it was like to be that large. It will be motivation to stay on plan! Congrats on your weekend loss. GREAT!! I also love your avatar photo!!

Firefly -- DH was skinny-skinny and isn't very tall, When he turned 40, the belly appeared and he's now about 190, which is 40 pounds too heavy. When he used to get on me about my weight, I'd just poke his belly and say "e tu, chubby?" LOL I know how hard it is to live with someone who can eat anything and they simply do not understand how we struggle with it.

JasonsLea, best of luck in your search for the position you want. I live in Nashville, so we're not too far from each other. Stay warm!

WineBrat, dad and DH were both sailors, so I guess I come by the language honestly, HA HA...I grew up in So Cal and visited SF on a regular basis. It's always funny when people from TN visit SF and come back talking about how cold it was!

More later!
Closed Thread