Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #91  

Geez, I guess I need to catch up a little in here, huh?! I've been stopping in to read, but haven't posted. I wasn't op much at all this weekend...I'm hoping that maybe it will end up working in my body like the Wendie plan. I am always under points during the week, so hopefully going off plan during the weekend won't make a difference when it comes time to wi. At least that's what I'm telling myself. LOL! Yesterday dh and I had another little date! Two in two weeks! We ended up going to lunch at The American Cafe...I love their food. It was good, and I feel good about eating it. And so I move on.

Rose- I'm glad you liked our pizza! I think I might make it for dinner tonight! I've been wanting to try a bbq chicken pizza, so maybe I'll try that. Our 4 yr old LOVES bbq sauce! The other day, I caught her "drinking" it out of the bottle! OMG! I couldn't believe her!

Melanie-Congrats on the baby! I was on here for awhile while you were still pregnant. I think you still had maybe 6 or so weeks left. There are so many people that come and go on here, though, it's easy to lose track (throw in a new baby, no sleep, etc etc etc...) I'm 26, from NY, a sahm to 2 dds, Emily is 4 and Cameron is 1 1/2. I'm also in culinary school, double majoring in pastry arts and pro chef (such a great thing when you are trying to lose weight!) Actually, I know most of my fellow students really well, and they all know that I'm trying to lose weight, so they don't even offer me food anymore. A lot of them even ask if I want them to taste stuff so I don't have to (I even have one guy that is my "quality assurance" person!) My classes this year are so involved, too, that I don't ever get a chance to eat (I only have one sit down lecture style class.) During the week I will end up being so under in points, even if I bring healthy food with me, because I just don't get a chance to stop running around long enough to eat. Anyway...I'm taking a new approach to my weight loss this time around. I am ONLY looking at my short term goal. That is to be in ONEderland by Christmas (there are a few other little goals in there, too.) I have 13 more lbs to go. I am also not focusing on my slip ups like I used to. I'm also really trying to be happy being me. I've really been noticing lately that HOLY CRAP, I actually think I look GOOD in my clothes. I want to hold onto that because I think that will really help me be satisfied. LOL...anyway, now that I've written you my life story...! (I've become chatty since becoming a sahm...never used to be that way!)

Guess I should go do something productive...hope everyone has a good day!

Paige
Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #92  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey guys,

Glad to see most of us are staying on plan or are ok with their choices. I personally have been OP all weekend. I am very proud of that considering I have been off track for at least three weeks. I think I may have gotten over my hurdle.

Hi Melanie, I think I may have been here only a couple times before you had Chloe. I really started to post after you were gone. I am a 35 year old single mother to a 15 year old son who is attention deficit and obsessive compulsive. He can give me a run for my money on most days but I get though it. I love him to pieces. I live with my boyfriend of 6 years (not DS father, thank God). We bought our house 3 years ago and haven't stopped renovating since. I say that I am a mother of one...wife of none.... YET!!!!! I work in the Health Care profession as an LPN for 9 years now. Most days I love my job but there are some where I can stick it where the sun don't shine if you get my drift!!!!! Hope this gives you a little about me......

Kim
Old 10-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 275 / 275 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick post. Monday weigh-in today. I lost 1.8 pounds. I guess that's not bad considering we ate lunch at church yesterday. WooWee, those old southern ladies sure can cook. Luckily, my 14 month-old daughter was eating off of my plate.

Bonus...got my 25 # magnet last week and got my 10 % target keychain this week. Yay!!!

Talk more later, guys. And thanks for the supportive comments.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #94  

Just feeling like I need to repost my goals again. It's "TOM" either tonight or tomorrow, so I'm pretty on edge and "witchy" and feeling like I could eat the whole house. I also have a really big practical tomorrow morning for my beverage service class...I have to have about 45 drinks memorized. Ugh. Just really stressing, and the ice cream is calling my name.....

Goals to achieve by Christmas....
1. To be in ONEderland (even if it's only 199.)
2. To wear the black dress for dh's company Christmas party.
3. To be in Christmas pictures and not fear looking at them.
4. To wear those jeans I bought a few months ago.

You guys are going to be so sick of re-reading these goals! LOL!

Gotta run....
Old 10-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #95  
burned out bus driver

Rose- I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's husband. Hugs. This is the second HA death I have heard of in a week). An event such as that can really reenforce why we are trying to lose weight. I hope that your eating game plan works out- or even just some serious damage control while at the family feast might work. I will be thinking of you tomorrow......it sounds as though it will be a difficult day. Does your cousin have any children?
Sorry about confusing you with the cookbook, I think it was Linda who ordered it.

Nite!
Ginny
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #96  

Hello, all! My memory has been refreshed! Thank you. Now, if I can just remember how to make good food choices and find a way to exercise. I have been trying to get in some housework, and that maybe just have to be the workout for a few more weeks. That, and lifting my ever-growing baby!

Chloe was awake most of the day, and wanted her favorite toy - me. It is a blur. I did manage to organize her closet and sort through her huge pile of clothes. She is definately better dressed than me right now. A real incentive to drop the weight. It's just hard to get started.

Immediate goal: Journal tomorrow and Wednesday as start up. Thursday will be the REAL start day. That worked for me before so I could use my FPs Friday - Sunday and see what is left for the weekdays. Also, WI right before the weekend would give me a gauge for date nights and events.

Yippee! I will do this again!!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #97  
burned out bus driver

Gee, sorry that somehow other posts snuck in last nite and I did not address them. Burned out mother syndrome, I guess.

Paige- perfectly ok if you have to post and repost those goals. Even if you have to do it daily. It reinforces the what and why of WW in your head...and if that is what works for you, great! We are all here to back you.

Melanie- is Chloe being up all day normal???? (wouldn't it be nice to have a nap you could "bank" on!) Hope your WW warm up days go well.......it is so tough to get started back OP. You can do this.

Cheryl- congrats 10%er........and don't ya love the 25# bookmark! (mine is like a badge of courage for me!). I am happy for you. Keep up the great work!

Kim- me too.......I have been somewhat stuck in a rut recently. (why is that!). Gee, raising a teen is tough enough- and then to have to face other issues makes it even more challenging. Think all jobs are like yours in that they have good days and bad. One nice thing about nursing is that you can (mostly) see the immediate result of your efforts- and you help others. But in that helping, comes a ton of stress. Glad you made it thru the weekend OP.

Snuck in a walk this am. Dd is still home sick- but she will accompany me this afternoon.......not quite well enough to go to school but does not need to be in bed all day (that was yesterday!). So far my eating has been good.
But I can feel the water weight...the throes of PMS.
Gotta go grab some lunch.
Take care.
Ginny
Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Didn't do so well. I'm going to try to keep it together tonight and get out for a cleansing walk and start all over again. Emotions make life so difficult but yet so rewarding
Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #99  

Good work on the walking, Ginny. Burned out mother syndrome? You mean it doesn't go away!?! Oh, well.

My first day went pretty good. I journaled, which was my main goal. But, I went over in points. Tomorrow, I will do even better. My exercise was lots of housework. More to come tomorrow.

It's amazing. Being a SAHM, I have the hardest time keeping up with what day it is. Even the day of the week! I thought yesterday was Tuesday and today seemed like Friday. It doesn't help that DH works odd days. This week, Sun, Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat. If it wasn't for Gilmore Girls, I would be totally confused. :P

I made a healthy WW pork & cabbage soup tonight. Yum. Now, if I could stop at one serving.

Well, 8:30p. Time for me to get ready for bed. Hmmm, who's the child here?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #100  
burned out bus driver

Life goes on and so does the stress.

Rose- how are you holding up?????? Sounds as though you are really stressed/ emotions flying and all. Hope you got a walk in to detox and relax.
Hugs

Melanie-gee, I wish I could be encouraging about this one......little problems with kids just get bigger. It was a ton easier when my son refused to take his nap or dragged mud all over the house. Burned out mother syndrome stays...... I hope you are adjusting to getting on WW again. Great start if you are journalling- awareness of the problem is a good step! Hope you got some rest too. Gee, I am pooped by 8:30 too!

No meeting this week. Teacher conference week - so half days of school are chewing up my time. Ds got in a minor (and I mean minor) fender bender last nite. His truck got a scratch....the other vehicle broke a turn signal lens.
And the moron wants to go thru insurance. Can't wait to see what this does to my 17 yr old son's insurance rate! But thankfully, noone was hurt.

Could not sleep so I got up at 5 and got the walk in.........my husband promised me a walk this evening too- even 5 minutes would be nice.

gotta go clean my messy house.......
take care!
Ginny
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #101  

Ginny - That stinks. Sorry about the difficult driver. Hope it doesn't raise it too much.

Yep. Getting back on track. I found out that there is a gym in town that is used by the city and is open to the public for walking a couple of hours a day. So, I put Chloe in her jogging suit and sneakers and away we went. I did about 30 minutes and then lugged her to the store. Definately got in my exercise.

And, I did my official WI and changed my signature on here. As you can see, I gained gained gained with the pg, but I also quit smoking so I chalk it all up as worth it. I did it once, I can do it again.

I have journaled so far today and after I got home I made a healthy lunch while the baby was asleep so I would be ready for later. It is going to take time, but I will get the hang of this again.

Later!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Thank you so much Ginny for the encouragement - I was so down to go to WI today as I was sure I was going to see a gain. But I lost 1/2 lb and I am so excited. This program is working!!!! I made my Trick or Treat Goal and I'm rejuvenated for my Thanksgiving goal.

Thank you everyone for being here. I get so much out of all of your posts. Keep posting!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #103  

BAD, BAD, BAD GIRL!!!!! That's me.... I am mad at myself, I don't even want to tell you all what I've been up to.
Melanie, I'm so glad you are back! I need you guys.
My thread notification wasn't working again, so I didn't know there were posts here. My cousin was visiting from out of state. Why would I let having company be my excuse to pig out?????
Linda
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #104  

Hi all...haven't been journalling this week...what is wrong with me? I weighed in on Tuesday and ended up staying the same. I am just so burned out and stressed out...I am a true emotional eater, so it's been tough this week especially (PMS, TOM just finally started today, 3 days late.) Do any of you guys find that you have a hard time saying no when people ask you to do things, and then find yourself stretched so thin?! I just wish I could crawl in bed and sleep for a week! I had class last night, and I was so tempted to skip (which is not like me at all) but then I examined the alternative of being at home and hearing "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" followed by some whining, crying, and some more "mommy, mommy, mommy..." Sooooo, did I stay home or go to class? Oh yeah, I took a break and went to class! LOL! I ate when I came home, too...I usually don't because I hate eating late and going to bed. Anyway...sorry...someone said burned out mother syndrome...I feel like my picture should be next to it in the dictionary. I'm really hoping that next semester will be better; I really must of thought that I was superwoman when I scheduled this many classes for this semester. I'm dying! *whine* *whine* *whine*

Melanie-I miss the early baby days...it makes me have baby fever (*almost*) when I look at my younger dd and I see that she's not a baby anymore. When dd was just a few weeks old, I would put her in the Snuggli and do an exercise video with her. It was so funny...she would be bouncing all around, but would be fast asleep! Good for you that you are getting back into it the easier it will be to develop that routine.

Gotta run...dd just woke up...sorry for my whinefest!

Paige
Old 10-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #105  

Paige - Sounds like you are definately on overload. I can picture you goign to class for a break. How do you remember to eat? Much less eat healthy!

Rose - .5# is still a loss! Great job on hitting that Halloween challenge.

Linda - I'm virtually kicking your bootie! Why did you allow the excuse? I say, probably the same reason we all do - any old excuse will do when we want it to! Some of my favorite - The strawberry sundae filled my fruit requirement. The egg McMuffin was the healthiest thing on the menu. And, Just this once... Get up, knock off the dust, and stare tomorrow in the face!

Well, another day of journaling. Yesterday I used 4 FPs. Today was better - just 1 so far (not counting activity points, I usually leave those alone to make up for any BLTs in the day). And, I have been moving. Housecleaning while Chloe slept. Then a short Mommy/Baby exercise video. A few minutes of walk aerobics with Chloe offering extra weight in the baby carrier. Then, a bit more cleaning. I'm patting my back with so many baby steps.

However, last night's conversation:
DH: Are you glad to be back on track?
Me: No.
DH: Why not?
Me: I like cookies.
(can I get an amen from the congregation!)
Closed Thread