Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Going back to the meetings

I've been doing WW on my own since I returned home from California in February and as you can tell from my sig, I've been doing HORRIBLE! Soooo, I've decided to get my butt back into the meeting room. I can actually afford it now!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #2  
banned

hey lea!
i know what you mean ive been op since mon and plan to return to my meeting this saturday. good luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #3  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

I know exactly how you feel. I thought that I could do it at home without the meetings, but something about going in a weighing and staying for the meetings make me think twice before eating something that will use all my daily points.

I rejoined last Saturday for the 4th and LAST time!! I have done very well this week and have also signed up for WW etools. That way I can look up points quickly.

I'm also doing Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 workouts. I'm going to reach my goal this time and stay there.

Good luck to you and I think you are making the right decision.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #4  
banned

go turbo!!
its funny b/ci wantedand planned on last weekend and transportation got in the way so as soon as i bought food on sunday i bstarted monday on my own.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  

Good for you! We love the meetings and never miss one!
Old 07-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #6  

I love the meetings I attend. Just knowing that there are people close to me that are struggling with the same issues as myself seems to encourage me more than doing it on my own.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #7  
aint misbehaving

S/C/G: 194/ 189 / 145

Height: 5'6

I've been trying to do the ww at home myself, not doing too well. I am a life member who has loss her way, right back up to my starting weight. I have realized i have to have accountability and the leader for the meeting is really important to me too. They must be motivational. Since it's been awhile and I know the last leader is no longer at the center I attend, guess I will be visiting the different till I find the one I want to attend.. Does anyone else find the leader that important? BB
Old 07-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/175/145

Height: 5'4"

I think the leader is really important -- when I rejoined I tried several different meeting times and kept going to the one with my favorite leader, not the one that was most convenient. I am also a lifetime member who gained it all back plus more, but this time I will continue to stay on program after reaching goal -- which I think will be doable with the flex plan.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 PM   #9  
aint misbehaving

S/C/G: 194/ 189 / 145

Height: 5'6

Well it's day two on WW and I have been within my point range. I haven't however checked out any meetings and I REALLY need to do that. I have to have the accountability, I just will not stick to it if I don't. This site helps but I need that "face to face". I have been to the gym two days now and worked out for 50 min each day. If I keep it up I just might be sucessful, wouldn't that be great...Tonights commitment: FIND A MEETING WITH A LEADER I LIKE...this week
Old 07-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #10  

Default meeting

YES! Find you a meeting. The accountability is very important for me. I have tried to do it on my own before. I have been more successful with the meetings than anything I have tried in the past. And you make lifetime friends who don't judge you.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Our ww group is having a picnic at the city park next week. I think it will be fun to socialize a bit with all the people I only see to say hi to most of the time.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #12  

Yep that's me, didn't care for the leader we used to have, stopped going because I thought I was paying for motivation and that lady would put you on the spot and just make you feel like crap. I just rejoined and the lady that does the meeting is great. I think I will do well this time. I did horribly on my own.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Well I went back to my former meeting and I will NEVER go back! The last leader was gone and the new leader is SO boring! Then the meeting only lasted like fifteen minutes which had me going WTF? And it was so QUIET in the meeting, it was like a graveyard or something. I'm going to try another meeting in the town next to mines. I've heard alot of good things about it.
Closed Thread