Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 09:27 AM   #1  

Unhappy Seeking kindness and encouragement!!

Okay gals, here's the scoop. A few years ago I lost 35 pounds on weight watchers. I vowed, I mean VOWED, never to get heavy again. Well, here I am, typing this message with swollen, chubby little fingers. It is amazing how it can "creep" up on you, and before you know it, you are at your heaviest weight once again. (I realize it doesn't so much creep as I just choose to deny it!)

I feel very depressed and desperate. I think I am going to join (again) weight watchers on Monday. The problem is, I don't feel that "motivation" I felt last time I decided to join, and frankly, that scares me. Last time I was really psyched and excited to embark on my weight loss journey. This time I just feel like "ho hum, I HJPE I don't screw this up too!!

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I plan on leaving work today with that same "feeling" I had years ago. I want to be excited about this and look forward to getting on my treadmill and walking (while watching t.v.!!) or going outside and walking in the brisk evening air. I know I can do it, but the lack of motivation scares me.

Thanks for any encouragement you can offer!

Bugle
Old 10-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #2  

Bugle, I think the fact that you posted here shows that you really DO have the motivation thing going! And when you join on Monday, I'm sure that being around others on the same journey will also help to inspire you. When you lost weight before, were you on the winning points plan? There's another boost coming from that; it's a terrific plan, and one you can follow the rest of your life. To keep things rolling, maybe it would be good to visit the boards often, try new recipes, take up a new sport (roller blading? kayaking?) or read an inspiring weight loss-related book, like "Thin for Life," my personal favorite.
You could also look thru your closet and take out a couple of your favorite outfits from when you'd lost weight before, and hang them up in a place where you'll see them often.
You can do this! Think of how much better you'll feel, how much more energy you'll have! And what fun it will be, getting back into those smaller clothes and shopping for new stuff to wear. You go, girl!
Old 10-26-2001, 10:14 AM   #3  

Wink On my way!

Believe it or not, something has happened since I posted this thread only about an hour ago. I have been looking over some of the posts and my enthusiasm has been growing. I was just over at Anita's Tried and True Recipes, and I'm printing them out like a madman!! (or madWOman) I am going to the grocery store tonight and buying everything I will need to make dinners and have great snacks on hand.

I have been praying about my situation for a while now and I think I am finally ready. There's something to be said for being at the end of your rope! I'm tying the knot and hanging on for dear life!

I have been down because of all that is going on in the world right now. Last night I remember thinking "so you're overweight . . . BIG DEAL!! Things could be worse - you could be living in Afghanistan right now. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Again, thanks, and I finally feel like I'm on my way!

Bugle
Old 10-26-2001, 11:14 AM   #4  

Glad you decided to go back. We have all been there at one time or another. Best wishes of your journey for success.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:32 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

We can all empathize with you. If this were easy, everyone would do it. You can do it. Congrats for getting yourself back on track. I loved ready your second post. Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing.
234/thinner
Old 10-27-2001, 09:09 AM   #6  

Hi Bugle, Let me add one thing. First I applaud you for taking action now and secondly for going back to WW. You will never be sorry. The people here are wonderful on this board and always helpful. I could not have done it without them. Hang out here often and you WILL be motivated. Best to you and let us know how you are doing.....
Closed Thread