Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 07:19 AM   #31  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Cherimmhmm,
You can do it!! As I shared in my above post I started out at 306.5. It took me a while. This last year I lost only between 15 and 20 lbs but I am right now at 218.5. Maybe less, WI is tomorrow. I am 5'5'' and am now wearing between a 20 and a 22. 22' are a bit big, but 20's are a tich to snug for my comfort. My goal right now is to be under 200 by Christmas. Some of us refer to it as one-derland. It is SO worth the effort! I'm no longer on blood pressure meds and my diabetes is more or less gone as it was weight induced. There are so many reasons to do it, the main one being YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your progress. We are all rooting for you! Have a great day. .......Sis
Old 10-03-2001, 08:23 PM   #32  

I am 5'5" and weighed in today at 201 point something w/ a total loss of over 6 pounds. As my leader says, I am within spitting range of that ominouse "under 200 pound" range. CANT WAIT. I know it is psychological, but I am pretty psycho lately anyway.

I am not sure what my end goal will be. I THINK I want it to be 150. I would be so thrilled with that. My problem is that I really and truly think that I will be so very happy with less (or more as the case may be). I think that I will feel so good at 180 that I will be content and just stop there. I am really afraid of ME!!! I hope I can get through that. I am feeling so good about a 6 pound loss, that another 20 will be heavenly. Is it selfish to want another 30 after that???

Told you I was psycho! Does anyone else think this way??

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:16 PM   #33  

I am 21 years old and just joined Weight Watchers 4.5 months ago. I am a shorty, measuring up to 5'2" and weighing 190. When I joined Weight Watchers I was at 229.

I currently wear a size 20/22, which will keep going down hopefully. My goal weight is 125 which I think is pretty attainable. I was a thin child, so the thin woman is in there somewhere. I don't know what size I will be once I get down to 125, but I hope its a 10 or smaller.

I hope these goals aren't too out-of-reach, but I guess I will find out when I get there.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2001, 11:43 PM   #34  

Thumbs down

Hello Guys,
I joined WW in June and currently I am 166.6 pounds and am in a size 12. My highest weight was 186 and I was wearing a size 16 (almost an 18). My goal weight is 123 and I would like to fit into a size 10 or 8.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:55 PM   #35  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

My highest weight was 272 and I wore a 26-28. I'm now at 243, after some ups and downs. I have clothes between 14 (one stretchy top) and 24 (jeans).

My current goal is to fit into my green velvet dress for Christmas. It's not a lot of weight to lose. Only about 15-20 pounds. Very doable in about a three-month period. But, it's the hips that aren't fitting properly--the spot I lose last, of course.

My ultimate goal is 135. I haven't been below 200 in over 20 years, so I chose the middle of my range. I'm 5'5. I'll adjust when I get there.

I've always wanted to be a size 8, but I have a long torso and short legs and an hourglass shape. Clothes are designed for exactly the opposite body type, so I end up buying a size or two larger and they still don't fit right. That won't change when I lose the weight, but at least I won't be buying "Women's sizes" anymore.

Lin
Old 10-17-2001, 06:02 PM   #36  

Hi All

There sure are some awesome success strories here. Very inspirational. I will be starting WW tommorw. Over my many years of dieting I have probably been a member about 7 times. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time will be better. My tendency is to lose some weight, start feeling really good about mysef, then quit. We all know what happens next. Well it took me about 10 tries before I was able to quit smoking so maybe this is the one for me. I believe that the more we try, the wiser we get.

I am 5'5" tall and weigh about 183lbs, depending what scale I weigh on (WW scale will probably weigh me at about 189). I am a size 14 although they are just starting to get tight. My highest weight is around 200 lbs, size 16-18. Wow you guys are right it sure feels different when you write it down. YUK

My goal weight is around 150LBs (working out). That would be about a size 10 for me. I don't think that I can ask for more than this. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:31 AM   #37  
Conquering with SBD

Good Luck JudyFay. The 7th will be the charmer. I started the WW program when I was at 186 at the beginning of July. I have managed to lose just about 30 pounds so far, but still have 36 to lose. I'm only 5'2", so have much further to go.

Keep in contact with some of the regular lists here. The people are wonderful and very encouraging. I don't think I could have been so disciplined if it hadn't been for this list.

Take care.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:28 AM   #38  

Hi All!
Wow great successes on this page - everyone is doing so awesome!
I started out at 197 at the end of March I don't really know my actual size since I stopped buying clothes that fit and squeezed into all my 13/14 - I stretched them to the limit let me tell you!
I am now at 150.6 lbs - .6 away from goal and wear a 9/10 sometimes a 7/8 (in the pant only - need the larger size up top) I never thought I would wear a 9/10 comfortably ever again - so I am thrilled - a little poorer with all the shopping I have done but thrilled!
Keep up the great work everyone - it is such an inspiration to visit this site!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:20 AM   #39  
Momma Frog

Hi I'm 22 years old and am 5'9. I weigh 240 lbs and fit into a tight 18. I am thinking about joining weight watchers online this week. I have to sit down and figure the budget and all (I guess you know how that goes). I am formerly of the slim fast threads here at 3FC. I lost 10lbs on that but I am afraid I have gained it back.
I hope to gain support through you guys here already on the WW program. I really want to succeed this time.

240/165 goal
Old 10-26-2001, 06:43 PM   #40  
NASCAR Fan

I'm 5'7"
Weighed in today at 150.2 and got into a size 10 this week!
My WW goal is 145
My goal is 135 and a size 8
Old 10-26-2001, 08:46 PM   #41  

I am :
5 ft 7 in
180 lbs
size 16...14 if the cut is generous...real generous

I would be satisfied with 175 and a comfy 14

My frame is large so won't kid myself wishing for size 10 or 12

My goal is to get to a weight I can control without feeling too deprived and be able to maintain comfortably.
My doctor agrees with 175 and is delighted with my loss thus far.
At my lifetime largest I was 279 so I'm very pleased to be where I am right now and look forward to another 15 pounds off then work on keeping the weight off...hopefully for good this time !
Closed Thread