3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Journal, TGIFriday, August 10, 2001 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/8322-journal-tgifriday-august-10-2001-a.html)

lalala 08-10-2001 12:28 PM

Journal, TGIFriday, August 10, 2001

Hi all-

Its friday, donut day and pay day. whoo hoo.

breakfast:
low carb tortilla 3/3
smart dog, good dog 1/4
coffee
snack:
one small cookie 2/6
lunch:
salad w/a bit of blue cheese 2/8
turkey 1/9
mozz cheese stick 1/10
snack:
1/3 bag of m&ms (shared with slender coworker) 2/12
dinner:
2 smart dogs 2/14
ice cream, strawberry in ice cream soda 8/22
rice 1/2 cup 3/25
steamed veggies
peach 1/26
water:si,si
exercise: gym, arms, abs and elliptical and wierd kayak machine
vitamin: si,si

LM 08-10-2001 01:07 PM

good day from hot and steamy NJ - almost makes ya glad to be inside at work in the AC

b:
cheerios, dried cherried, almonds, milk 6
coffee

L:
turkey sand 2
broccoli w/croutons & dt ital dsg 1
peach 1

d:
rigatoni 3
meatballs/pork/sauce 3
salad w/lt dsg .5

snack:
choc milk no doubt 2.5
soy nuts 2
cow 2.5

total: 23.5

exercise: stairmaster 40 mins/body electric tape - 3

patch30 08-10-2001 01:29 PM

Oh yeah. I'm in a fog this morning... I've been staying up much later than normal and my eyes are like slits. Yesterday I kind of lost it at the Italian restaurant. The day had been too much for me and I answered the call of the "wild" - bread that is...

Morning (5)
bagel (yes more bread) - 4
cof - 1

Midday(8)
sushi - 7
fruit - 1

Evening (9)
chicken - 4
potatoes - 2
veggies w/ oil - 1
icecream - 2

Total - 22 (I've got 7 bnkd and 5 activity still avail)
water - 32oz
exercise - stretches only

patch30 08-10-2001 01:42 PM

Lauren - Just read your What IS this Fish Taco thing?

There's a restaurant two doors down from work called Wahoo's Fish Taco Restaurant.

For $5.35 you get...

2 grilled Fish Tacos comprised of: grilled Ahi Tuna approx 2oz. (2pts) Salsa - 0 shredded cabbage - 0 and double 4" tortillas. I use only one tortilla each - sometimes only 1/2 of one, and eat about a 1/4-1/2 c of the black beans - 1 pt. They serve it with rice but I don't eat it.

I've estimated that I use about 5 points for this lunch. It's my no-brainer safety valve, and has really been probably the one area that's the most reliable to fall back on re losing and maintaining the weight.

LM 08-10-2001 04:21 PM

P.S. for anyone interested.

It's Laurel, not Lauren.

I've never liked my name I have to say (Hey Laurel, where's Hardy?), but I've grown accustomed to it by now.:p

P.P.S. Wow, there's a whole restaurant just for Fish Tacos! That is so funny!

patch30 08-10-2001 04:50 PM

Oooops. LM / Laurel... have I been writing it out the wrong way all along? Yikes. Sorry. I do have a friend named Lauren and in my burned out state today must have gone into automatic. Never again! Promise!

Wahoo's does have other stuff chicken , carne asadas, burritos, etc... but they are known "far and wide" for their fish tacos. Yummm. :dizzy: Patch

mpinkham 08-10-2001 08:14 PM

Morning
lite english muffin 1
soy butter 2
fruit spread 1

Midday
morningstar veggie buffalo wings 5
pasta 3
cheese 1
rice cake with soy butter 2
ww bar 2

Evening
grilled tofu 2
roll 3
onions 0
tomatoes 0
salad 0
cheese 1

Total: 23

Exercise: weight training and step class

LM 08-11-2001 08:51 AM

Myra,

Tell me more about grilled tofu. do you grill it yourself and how? I like tofu and want to get more of it into me. Need prep ideas.

thanks,
Laurel

mpinkham 08-11-2001 09:38 AM

It's actually pretty simple. I cut the tofu block (you have to use firm or extra firm tofu) into slices and then marinade them. Last night I used a ginger teriyaki marinade that I bought from the supermarket. Sometimes I just use soy sauce with garlic powder and some other spices or ff italian dressing. Then you just put it on the grill. Or you could pan fry it. Yesterday I used my George Foreman grill (what a great invention. I also use it frequently to grill veggies and it is great to make burgers and steaks more lean for my hubby and son, who are not vegetarians).

I hope this helped.

Myra