3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each other on our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/80385-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

dawnydw 09-06-2006 04:00 AM

:grouphug: Ok, I'll be offline from tomorrow (7th Sept) for who knows how long! Moving house on friday and could be without a pc for 2-3 weeks (they take forever to set up broadband!) I will, no doubt, miss the happy event and can't wait to be back to check the news. If I do get access to a pc somewhere I will check in to get the updates and news on Chloe! If not, I'll be back soon guys, take care of yourselves,
lots of love
Dawny xxx

derrydaughter 09-11-2006 06:47 AM

No news is good news! I keep checking back. I figure Melanie has the baby and is now too tired, busy or whatever to get back to us - which is totally OK and we understand. Posts may be very rare in the next few months, each time you have a moment, you need to sleep! :hug:
What a good girl you have been, Melanie, not to look at that scale during your pregnancy.
As for me, I blew it this weekend. My husband and I went away overnight on Saturday night, without the kids... wine, dinner out (fabulous) and even dessert. Whoops. But, we had a nice time. :devil: :devil: :devil:
I sufficed with an Ultra Slim Fast this morning for breakfast, I have resorted to those once in awhile in desperation right before a weigh in. They are 3 points and have enough bulk to fill me until lunchtime. I dare not mention these to my WW leader, by the way, as she would probably scold me. But, the scale hopped UP two pounds over the weekend. I know I have to LEARN to eat right for the rest of my life, right? Who am I kidding, but I so do not want to have another gain this week at my meeting.
Tomorrow is weigh in day.
Last week I had gained a pound and was really mad at myself. I had eaten (and counted the points and exercise, etc. throughout the week) Chinese food and Japanese food (my weakness) over the last week. So, even if I behaved myself, counted the points (using flex points for for these foods) and was on plan the entire week, I gained a pound.
So, I should have been extra good, but I blew it.... what the heck is wrong with me? I should know better.
I hope to be extra special good today and tomorrow to at least get back where I was so I can weigh in without hanging my head in shame tomorrow. What have I done? :?:
Linda

derrydaughter 09-11-2006 06:49 AM

One more thing.... I sure wish the people who read our postings would communicate and join in. Our thread could be so much better if more poeple posted. There are really three of us who post here regularly, we'd have some drop outs (who might be eating themselves into oblivion right now for all we know) and the more people that join in to support each other, and make friends with us, the better. I do wish we have a few more of us.
I saw on the thread that my last posting was read over 1900 times - so where are those 1900 people! Say HI once in awhile please! Tell us what is working for you and what isn't!
Linda

txlawchic 09-11-2006 09:46 AM

Hi, I was just lurking around. Could you give me an idea what you guys are doing, i.e., is everyone on Weight Watchers? Are you doing flex or core? I'm trying to find a forum that fulfills my WW support needs.

Thank you!

nibs 09-11-2006 10:11 AM

Hey Linda and the others,

This is the first time looking at your thread and I had to post because Linda said so....LOL;) . I love to talk to other people and I've just been going to a couple threads and decided to add a few more. When you only go on a couple it takes so long before you get to talk to anyone, so I'll go back and forth between those and thins one. I try to put my two cents in whereever it counts...LOL

derrydaughter 09-11-2006 11:13 AM

Welcome txlawchic and nibs!
Yeah! Someone to chat with! In the group, we all have been doing Weight Watchers, mostly flex. However, I have dabbled with the CORE plan and from time to time switch back and fourth. What we have done is mainly cheer each other on and also we brainstorm with recipes, what is working and what isn't working. We also have sympathized when someone blows it, as I did this weekend.
I really NEED support. We had 5 or 6 people who were "regulars" here and were posting and then they dwindled off - I hope they found success elsewhere, but I worry that they are just eating their way towards more and more pounds. You just never know.
We've dwindled down to three regulars, myself, Dawny (who is in the process of moving and not on line and is struggling with maintenance) and Melanie (who may have had her baby just a day or two ago and got to goal and was doing well and then got pregnant - she continued to chat with us and will be back on here and really working to get off that baby weight now for sure.
Then, there is me - the idiot. Yeah, that is me. I am a lifetime WW member who achieved it all and then blew it, thinking I could stay there on my own. That was a lesson to learn. I've been struggling for years and have gotten almost down to goal several times and then blew it. I was doing really well over a year ago and my dad got really sick and then he died. Then, I ate my way through grieving for him. I finally had gone back to meetings and then was trying again and my mom died, 4 months after dad. It's been a crazy nightmare and I learned that when something really bad happens in your life, it is not the best time to lose weight. So, I am back and more forgiving of myself, but I will not give up trying. I'm going through menopause and fighting the inevitable weight gain from that, too.
I really need people to "yell" at me when I blow it, but in a kind way. I need to be asked and reminded how I am doing. I need to get cool ideas for what to eat that will alleviate my boredom. I get bored easily as I first was on WW about 14 years ago - you would figure I'd have learned by now?
At any rate, that's about it for now.
Hope you guys stay!
Linda

Rosegarden 09-11-2006 11:26 AM

I haven't posted in here lately. I've been trying to keep up in the goal threads. I know I've read these posts before, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello.

I'm on Flexpoints (now that I've been to my first weigh in). I started back on my WW program on 8-23 but went to my first mtg on 9-7. It was too hard to stay OP without a mtg and an official weigh in. It really helped me stay OP this weekend too. The cool weather has also helped motivate me. Thank you for small victories.

txlawchic 09-11-2006 11:35 AM

Linda,

I am sorry for your losses. Bless your heart! It is very hard to stay focused when things like that happen. This is my 3rd time doing WW. The first time was about 7 years ago, when the point system began and the second time was last year when CORE was introduced.

My problem w/WW is that I either get bored and/or get cocky w/my losses, so I think that just eating whatever for a few days is not a big deal. Big mistake. Something that turned me off last year, was that I was losing pretty steadily and then I began working out, although my clothes got looser, I didn't necessarily lose lbs. The look of sadness and disappointment on the weighter's face on those gain weeks were discouraging and I just stopped going although I knew I was losing inches.

I am now going to a new meeting, b/c although I know what to do, I need accountability and I came to terms that I can not do this on my own. How great was it that at the first meeting the leader told us that we needed to measure ourselves and track those measurements, b/c the scale was not the total measure!

What is going to help me is to prevent boredom (I research recipes and make new one for each week), bring my food into work, track my food and points, exercise and go to meetings. These seem to be very obvious things to follow, but these are things that I have faltered on in the past.

I have always loved this site and the suuprt it offers and this has helped in the past!

I look forward to moving forward!

nibs 09-11-2006 11:55 AM

Hey derry, Thanks for the welcome. I'm really sorry for all the low things that has happened to you. It's good to see your feeling up now and trying to become healthy again.

I have joined Weight Watchers at least a million times and I'm not joking....LOL. I am doing the Flex program and find that works for me. I don't like being told what you can and can't eat. I am the type of person that can't live without potato, rice, and pasta. Also it can't always be whole wheat either. But I still may try it one of these days just to see...you never know.

I can get very bored with the program and my willpower can get very low. I try to imagine myself then with the weight off and it kinda helps me along. The thing that is really helping me right now is the fact that I can actually see my collar bones again...LOL;) . Whatever works right.

I am going on a trip or cruise down south this easter coming and I am determined to have this weight off by then ....before really. And KEEP IT OFF!!!

It was nice talking with you and I'll certainly keep coming back.

Kim

derrydaughter 09-11-2006 02:20 PM

Welcome Rose, and others! So nice for you all to join in.
I just typed a nice responce and then the site went nuts and it got lost, I hate that kind of thing!
At any rate, I'm now running out of time.
I did want to add that I get bored as well. Maybe we can think of low point things that are less boring and more exciting as well as filling!
Linda

nibs 09-11-2006 02:33 PM

Sounds like a great idea derry.

I just finished exercising on the elliptical for 40 minutes and I may go for a walk after supper if I'm up to it.

I don't get bored often or don't stay bored for too long but it does happen every now and then. Some days I feel like saying the **** with this but I try to grasp it before it is too late.

Hopefully everyone is having a good day and stay OP.

Kim

tweedle_dee 09-11-2006 02:50 PM

Lurker no more, lol!

Linda's (derrydaughter) post has drawn this lurker out of the shadows, lol;) Hi, everyone. My name is Vicki, I'm a 36 year old stay-at-home mom of two (boy and girl). This is my second time on WW. I joined January of 2005 and did pretty well until my dad had a heart attack and was hospitalized for several months. Rather than motivate me to get healthy, the whole situation made me just want to eat more and more. I gained back my 10% in no time and quit WW in embarrassment. On August 25 of this year, exactly one year to the day I quit WW, I went back. This time I am extremely committed to sticking with it come heck or high water! So far so good. In my first two weeks I've lost six lbs. It'll probably come off slower from here on out, but thats fine with me.

Linda, thanks for your post.:hug: It was just the little kick in the butt I needed to join in. I promise not to lurk anymore.

Vicki

derrydaughter 09-11-2006 04:12 PM

Vicki, Welcome and I'm glad to have kicked you in the rear a bit! Sounds like the situation I was in with my own dad, in a way. While he was in the nursing home (he had bone cancer) I survived on chocolate doughnuts, ice cream and wine.... not the best solution, but it did help through the crisis. I need to stay focused and realize that food will not bring me comfort, now or any time in my life.
What can comfort me is a healthy lifestyle, losing the weight and finally fitting back into the tons of clothes I can no longer wear due to the excess pounds. It's pretty sad to have a closet full of clothing of which about 1/5th of it fits. I don't dare admit to my husband that I need clothes as he would say, "Why, you have a closet full of them". He'd be right, I do have a closet full of them, but so much of them won't fit. It's time to fix this before the small amount of stuff I have left won't fit any longer either!
I'm going out to a 9/11 memorial this evening and I must say that I am so upset that I don't know what to wear. The occasion calls for something sincere and I don't want to be in jeans or sloppy. Those who have died deserve my respect, if that makes sense. I'll figure out something, I guess....
At any rate, I'm off line for the evening to create an early low point meal and be off to this memorial. Have a safe and healthy evening to all!
By the way, dinner is:
Grilled boneless turkey cutlet, asparugus with margarine spray/spritz stuff
and bread. I'll eat and get on the move for the night.
Linda

nibs 09-11-2006 07:34 PM

Today was a good OP day. I stayed within my points, drank my water, and done 40 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minute brisk walk.

now to make it until bedtime....:dizzy:

Kim

derrydaughter 09-12-2006 04:26 AM

Kim, sounds like you had a very good day yesterday. I had a good day as far as points are concerned. I'm having a very hard time finding time to exercise as well as finding motivation for it.
I'll try to do better today!
Linda