3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each other on our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/80385-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

dawnydw 08-27-2006 05:06 AM

Hi can't stop long. AJ is having his birthday party today (his 5th) so a hectic day to come. His birthday isn't until the 7th Sept, but with the housemove looking like being on the 8th and he starts full time school on the 5th Sept we thought we'd get the party out of the way in plenty of time!

Melanie, good to hear from you. I wish you all the luck and love in the world. The last few days are always the hardest - I hope little Chloe doesn't decide to hang around after her due date, thinking its far too warm and cosy where she is.

Linda. Medications I think do alsorts of things to the metabolism and cause weight gains all over the place. I'm not 'on' anything at the moment, so, touch wood, all is ok. The fact that I was eating for England yesterday I cannot blame on anything in the form of little pills - just tiredness, stress etc.
I'm still packing boxes. I have already been marking on them in order of importance, which rooms they need to go in etc. Its my first house move since I got married almost 15 years ago, and DH's first in 20 years, so we're a little out of practice. If all goes well, we'll be in on the 8th, but how long I will be off line for remains to be seen. My broadband connection will take a while to be set up plus it could take me an age to remember how to re-wire the pc!
Anyway, gotta go, party things to organise, back later.

Emerald 08-28-2006 03:13 PM

Still waiting... :preg: 5 days till due date...

derrydaughter 08-29-2006 05:25 AM

Hi there!
Melanie, so close... I'm thinking of you. :hug: I hope you are one of those woman who delivers with a fast labor (but not too fast!) and gets right back on her feet. Everyone is different. Don't be overanxious and push yourself too soon to lose weight, as well, after delivery. Your body needs time to recover, so listen to your doctor.
I would think eating the WW CORE plan after delivery would be great, especially if you are nursing, though the doctor might recommend whole milk in your diet, at least for awhile?
I can't wait to hear the news for you!
As for me, I never made it to the meeting this week. A long story, people were supposed to call me and come to pick up furniture, but no one did. I waited all that time and no call, no meeting.
But, I'm still doing a good job and am staying in control. I looked at a pair of black pants that I haven't been able to fit in for a very long time yesterday and thought to myself, wow - I should be able to wear those pretty soon!
I will too!
Linda ;)

dawnydw 08-29-2006 11:08 AM

Melanie, we're waiting with you. I can see us now, pacing the corridors of the hospital awaiting the happy news. I'm really excited for you - I love being an honorary Auntie!
Linda, I know about the waiting in for 'men' to come and then they never arrive. Its a worldwide problem and we always end up missing out on something important whilst we wait in. In your case, WI. I'm sure it would have been a good one too. You are doing great at the moment, I wish I could keep up! I can't get to my meeting for the next couple of weeks. I'm just so busy with the house move that travelling there is just something I can't squeeze in. But I will be back there as soon as I can. Actually, we are due a new leader this week, If when I do return I don't like her then I think I will look for a new meeting closer to my new home. There are a couple in the town I've heard, so should be more convenient, depending on their time.

righty-o, gotta go. Gotta watch tv - a friend of mine is going to be on soon and I don't want to miss it (she's an exotic animal 'freak' - in the nicest possible way - and is going to be 'demonstrating' them on the show. Should be fun!)
Bye for now, and Melanie, Get a move on!!!!

derrydaughter 08-29-2006 08:06 PM

Well, here we are pacing the floors at the hospital and still no baby.... did I at least pace enough to earn some exercise points? Ha-Ha!
I hope all is well, Melanie, and that you maybe even now have your beautiful new baby in your arms and haven't yet had time to get on line and let us know. We'll forgive you if it's a few days, for sure.
I weighed in today, stayed the same. That is an accomplishment considering I had heavy jeans on today. I had a large lunch today as well. I went out to lunch with two of my high school buddies today, haven't seen them in ages. I figure my lunch was 15 points, so getting weighed in right after that was hard to do. So, between the big lunch and wearing jeans this time, I figure staying the same was really an accomplishment!
It's starting to get chilly here, almst feels like an early fall here this week. I turned on the heat once today and let it run only once - then shut it right off. Gosh, with the price of heating oil, I can't afford to have an early fall!
Let's hope we get some warmer weather!
Well, no more news here.... time to relax.
Take care and my thoughts are with you Melanie!
Linda

Rosegarden 08-30-2006 09:19 AM

Can I join in here? I'm thinking that a checkin would help me along until I'm able to get to a meeting. Can't join until Sept 8th

I'm 47 soon to be 48 and live in Mid-Michigan. I have spent the last 6 years being a soccer mom and totally forgot to take care of myself along the way.
I work as a legal assistant full time and part time as a receptionist at a funeral home to make ends meet. The cost of gasoline for a 70 mile round trip commute is killing our budget. I stress eat so needless to say, I've put on quite the number of pounds. Late last winter, I started getting headaches that wouldn't go away. Finally in April I went to the doctor (see I'm always last in my priority list) and after many tests, I found out I had two large hematomas on my brain. Large enough ones to compare that people have died of. I somehow just kept plugging along and taking tons of Advil for the pain. Through a series of insurance/medical mix ups, I was scheduled to see a neurologist surgeon at U of M in early June. In the meantime, my reg dr and the local neurologist put me on complete rest except for my desk job. No more soccer mom. No more meetings. No NOTHING! I finally took time for me but however, in the middle of all that I also did NOTHING but eat. My weight bloomed to 204 as an all time high. My head hurt, my clothes didn't fit, and I felt like crap all the time. I felt guilty cuz I couldn't work the 2nd job for a bit (it put a crimp in the budget). I felt guilty cuz I couldn't commit to my soccer mom duties. I ate, I ate, I ate. By the time I got to the surgeon, the hematomas had resolved on their own. Thankfully as the surgeon said I needed brain surgery early on but he guessed it turned out okay. In mid June, I got clearanced to go on a once in a lifetime trip to Hawaii to visit my son who was stationed at Pearl Harbor. We ate our way through that trip too. I had pictures taken of myself that I hadn't had taken in years (I was always behind the camera, not in front).

I just got those pictures developed this month. That and a series of other pictures showed up this month. It was a huge mind opener along with the ugly truth at the scale.

I woke up. I realized I didn't have to spend the rest of my life looking dumpy and fat. I matter. Anyway, sorry for the long post but that's what brought me back to WW.

I'm an old veteran of WW - I have my original weigh in forms somewhere and I believe they are from 1989 back before the points program. Believe me, I have tried it all and the only one that works for me is WW when I stay on program.

Melanie - I've enjoyed your posts and I hope your baby comes soon!

And Derrydaughter and everyone else - glad you're here. I hope to post and keep up the support and gain support from all of you.

Emerald 08-30-2006 12:09 PM

Hi, Rose! Welcome! Glad to see a new face, and to hear you are doing so well. My boss had a surgery for a hemotoma last fall and it took many months to recover. For an on-the-go attorney, it was difficult to watch him slowly heal. Plus, I’ve been here so many years, we’re like family. Glad you caught it in time and didn’t have to go through that painful surgery! Also glad you have decided to invest the time in caring for yourself!

Dawny – Geez! It seems to be taking forever for you to get in your new place! I bet it seems like that for you too!

Linda – Congrats on the WI – with heavy pants even!!

Sorry to keep you gals pacing the floor, but it IS exercise! At my doctor’s appointment yesterday I was told that they will schedule an induction whenever I want. Even as early as today! I panicked! I wasn’t ready to hear that! I feel like a crazy woman, but I’m waiting one more week. If she doesn’t come on her own by Tuesday, I’m being admitted on Wednesday to induce the labor. I have read that induction increases the odds of a c-section by 30%, plus increased risk of tearing and epidurals. Those are the trinity of things I want to avoid. So, I’m trying to be patient and wait. However, that is very hard know that all I have to do is reach over to the phone, dial one number, and get to meet my daughter! Oh, well. At least I have a definitely deadline now!

dawnydw 08-30-2006 01:57 PM

HI Rose, glad to hear you are on the mend. Just holler if you need us help get you on track!

Linda, great WI. In my books a WI with jeans and no gain means a real loss. Well done.

Melanie. I had to be induced because of the gestational diabetes, it was not nice. I was induced on the wednesday and AJ did not appear until the friday at 5pm. Plus I was linked up to machines the whole time as I wasn't well and ended up with an epidural (which lowered my bp dangerously low) and a c-section too. Nope, not a great day - until 5pm when my little cutiepie popped out. It really doesn't matter how you get there, at the end of the day, if they, and you, are healthy, just enjoy the moment for what it is - a real miracle. (even if it is a bit painful! hehehe)
Oh, yeah, sorry the house move tale is going on a bit. Things always take a long time to move over here. 12 weeks is average depending on how many people are in the 'chain'. But yippeee, almost there, still hoping for end of next week, so Melanie, have that baby before then, I need to know you are both ok!
Right, AJ's bathtime, back soon. x

derrydaughter 08-30-2006 05:53 PM

Welcome Rose! I hope you are ok and get control. Let us help you. I was hoping that we'd have some new people in our group this time I checked in and there you were! Cool!
Melanie, I've had two C-Sections, no matter what it will all be OK. The end result is a beautiful baby! If I lived near you, I'd volunteer to babysit for you to get to meetings, I hope you can get out once Chloe comes.
As for me, I made the infamous WW Garden Vegetable soup this morning and got on the treadmill, both huge accomplishments for me.
I am making a grilled chicken salad for supper with lite dressing, how good is that? I'm being an angel, sure hope these pounds get the ____ off my body!
Well, off for dinner. Can't wait to watch Project Runway tonight! Do you guys see that show? I used to want to be a fashion designer when I was in high school and this is feeding my intersts!
Melanie, I'm thinking of you... it will soon be over and you can sleep on your stomach if you want to again! That was the BEST feeling ever to just sleep without having to wake yourself up to turn over in your sleep as you were hauling around a watermellon!
Linda

derrydaughter 09-04-2006 05:07 PM

Any news people?
Linda

derrydaughter 09-04-2006 07:14 PM

Any news people?
Linda

Emerald 09-05-2006 02:31 AM

Nothing new with me. It's 1 a.m. and I'm wide awake. My next doctor appointment is tomorrow and I will probably be having the baby tomorrow night or Wednesday. I'm now 3 days past due.

Thanks for the support, Linda. I'm sure all will be well. And, I will soon have no excuse for cereal at 1 a.m.!

Dawny is probably missing due to the move and disconnecting the computer. Hope you don't get too lonely until we get back! You are doing great!

derrydaughter 09-05-2006 04:51 AM

Melanie, thanks for the update! I will keep you in my prayers over the next few days. I woke up early this morning (before 4:00 am) and have felt "crampy" and "sore" down in my lower abdominal region with thoughts of YOU. Hmmm.... sympathy pains? I'll just bet the next message we hear from you is that you are a mom, officially and VERY tired!
What has your total pregnancy weight gain been? If I'm prying, don't tell me! But, I'll bet you are not heavier, with child, than you were before you lost all the weight. It will go away fast and in a healthy way. Lots of nursing moms show up at WW meetings, with tiny infants in their car seat carriers or in strollers. You will be so happy to have your baby and then be able to be active again. Of course, give it some time, before you do any exercise and follow doctor's advice.
As soon as you are able to put that little darling in a stroller and start walking, you will be very happy!
I'll be thinking of you and praying for a swift and easy delivery!
Linda

dawnydw 09-05-2006 08:47 AM

Hi, I'm not MIA yet, I will be (hopefully) from thursday onwards. Maybe by then there will be some baby news. I hope so, I can barely stand the suspense.

Sending everyone loads of happy thoughts, I'll be back soon!

Emerald 09-05-2006 09:10 AM

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I honestly do not know how much weight I have gained. I have refused to look at the scale. I don't plan to look until October! Then, I can actually do something about it. :D