Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:09 AM   #61  

Melanie, good to hear from you!
I had a weigh in yesteray and was sad to have gained back 1.6 pounds. However, this was a late afternoon meeting vs. a morning meeting that I was at last week, that always makes a huge difference for me. I hope to show a loss next week as I plan on attending the same meeting.
Jamie came along and she was pretty shocked that she put on so much weight since Sept. 8th, which was the last time she'd been. I think (she didn't share her weight with me) it's probably about 25 pounds? She knew this was coming and I hope she works hard, maybe harder?
I have a challenge this weekend as it's my 22nd wedding anniversary. We will be eating out and I am going to have to save up all my flex points and also plan ahead as far as ordering strategies.
I hope to have a good week and be smart in my choices. I am actually contemplating the CORE plan again, maybe just for a week, but with the anniversary this weekend as well as the 4th of July coming up, I'm not sure if CORE would work for me until after the 4th celebrations and cookouts.
Melanie, you must be getting so excited! There was a mom at the WW meeting yesterday with an infant that was about 2 - 3 months old. She looked pretty overwhelmed and I hope she does ok. I know that nursing mom's have different guidelines. I was able to drop pounds easily while nursing, so I hope this woman does.
By the way, Melanie, one of the mom pitfalls I got into was snacking when my kids snacked. Be aware of that when the time comes and plan your own snacks or chew gum when you are feeding snacks to your young one. When I nursed my kids and was starting to wean them, I substituted a snack for a feeding and we started with cheese, small bits of fruit (soft) as well as Cheerios. Of course, I love these foods too and each time I put these things on the high chair tray, it became a "one for me, one for you" scenario and I began to put on pounds. After that, the stroller became my best friend and baby and I did LOTS of walking.
Linda
Old 06-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #62  

Linda - sorry about the gain. I'm SURE the change of meeting time did it.

I'm glad Jamie went back. Hope she sticks with it this time.

I am getting VERY excited. At my check-up yesterday, I was told that we would switch to 2 week appointments now! That hit my brain as "IT'S THAT CLOSE!!!" I have my baby shower in 3 weeks and then I will finally start to feel ready, surrounded by baby things!

I think the breastfeeding guideline is 2 points earned for each feeding, with a max of 10. I plan to start back with the plan 4-6 weeks post partum. No slouching! DH has said he wants to get me a jogging stroller, but that will be for next spring.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #63  

Wow, things are getting close! When is the due date again?
I can't believe you KNOW when your baby shower is! Do they tell people nowadays? Usually those things are surprises!
Tonight is a big challenge for me. It's our wedding anniversary and we are going to my favorite place to eat, this is a place that truly is "fine dining". I just went over the menu on line and pre-selected what I might order. I hope I can do my best and stay on track. I've only used one flex point all week, so far, and I am hoping to enjoy the evening. But, I love this place and we will be spending a great deal of money there. I want to enjoy my meal.
Whatever happens, I'm going to have a good time, I hope.
Take care, and I home of our other people decide to post, it's been awhile.
Linda
Old 06-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #64  

Hi guys, sorry I've been missing, I do miss you when i can't 'pop in'!
Things are hectic, we sold our house within a week, found another one to move to and now are enjoying ourselves hunting for new furniture when the time comes to 'up-sticks' and actually move in. I don't know about where you are all from, but over here the moving process can just take so long. Nothing is ever definite until contracts are exchanged which can be weeks into the process. Now I've found where I want to move to, I just can't wait. i'm like a kiddie in a sweet shop (candy store?!) with looking for new dining tables, bed for AJ, sofa etc.

Anyway, back to business. Linda, sorry about the little gain. And happy anniversary. I do hope you had a great night, you can work on getting rid of any excess today from your lovely meal out. I'm pleased that Jamie has made the decision to head back to meetings. Lets see if she can stick it this time (listen at me, I've no need to talk!)

Melanie, that little bambino will be there with you in no time at all, I can see you now, jogging around, baby bouncing around in her pram wondering whats going on, puking up her breakfast down her lovely little pink dress...sets a beautiful scene doesn't it? hehehe No seriously, you must be so excited, and at least you are thinking positively about what to do with the extra pounds you have gained afterwards. Don't rush it though, I know well enough that it can be so hard to make time for yourself when there's a new baby in the house, but it will be worth it - but when you and your body are ready to take it.

Nat, not seen you around lately, hope you are ok, and if you are lurking and just reading posts and stuff then just pop and say hi.

right, I'm off, my feet are cold and my socks are calling me - where is this thing called summer I've heard about?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #65  

Ok guys, this is it, I'm going back to WW meeting tonight. Its months since I last went and I really need to get back into gear. I'm over my 5# allowance for my free WI, so I'm gonna have to pay, but I need to do it. With the stress of the house move, all I want to do is eat. If I don't tackle this now I will be back to square one, which is one place I swore I wouldn't go back to.
So wish me luck, I sure need it at the moment.

Linda, how are you? Have you been back to anymore meetings? I hope you are feeling back 'on the wagon' yourself now too.

Nat, hope you are feeling ok. Not heard from you for a while. Is the party animal still partying?

Melanie, hope you are ok too. Hope that Chloe isn't putting you through too much heartburn, backache, tiredness, sickness,....the list can go on and on. I'm sure she's treating mom very well now, in preparation for making her big entrance!

Well, take care everyone, hope I'm not chatting away to myself here!

Back later,
Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #66  

Well, I've done it. I finally went back to a meeting, and I'm so glad I did.

I need to lose plenty, about 16 or so pounds. But I think, and this is just my theory but I'm sticking to it, that because the excess weight has only been on this time for a short time, it really ought to be much easier to shift this time. Time will tell, but I'll keep you posted.

At least now I feel like I've broken down one barrier and faced up to things before it got too bad. I'm quite proud of myself, even though I feel a bit sick to my stomach at the same time that I let things get so out of hand in such a small space of time.

Right, off to make a nice salad for dinner.

take care, happy eating all!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #67  

Dawny - So proud of you for getting back to meetings!! At least you caught it early on and can jump back in. I'm sure it will just make you more committed to keep it off this time!

Yes, I am especially looking forward to the gross honors of motherhood. Actually, I placed an order for a baby that doesn't cry, leak, or explode; oh, and she will do dishes. (Well, I can dream.) Actually, my back is aching today and I think I've been sitting too long, but nothing bad today.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #68  

Hey, Dawny, welcome back! Good for you getting back to meetings.
I was absent for a little while here as we were away on a mini-vacation and I had fun, but from what I saw the scale didn't go up at least! I tried to control myself a bit while away and it was hard.
The wedding anniversary was ok as well. I didn't overeat but did have some wine, hey I'm entitled after 22 years of marriage! : )
I journalled for half the day today and got lazy, I missed my regular meeting as there was our July 4th holiday here yesterday and today I tried to get back on track before attending another meeting, so Jamie and I will go tomorrow. Jame is doing so well, her motivation is much higher than mine. I hope I can keep up and having her on WW at home here is really helping remind me to behave.
We went out to Pizzaria Uno last night and instead of having a really gooey pizza with "bad" things on top of it, I had tomato soup and a salad with decaff cofee instead of beer or soda! Yeah for me!
By the way, if you want a beer, Beck's Lite beer is only 64 calories (not you pregnant Melanie!) and only one point! That is fantastic to only have one beer for one point!
At any rate, I also broke my toe yesterday. Not sure if this will impact my treadmill time, but I will give it a few days and try again!
Linda
Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #69  

HI,
Well, still on track, still journalling, still drinking my water and hopefully losing a few pounds in the process - got until next wednesday evening now to find out for sure!

Linda, glad you had a great time away (and some scrummy wine on the anniversary!) I'm really pleased also that Jamie is feeling so motivated right now. It must be really tough for the youngsters to get into gear with stuff like this, whilst at the same time not get over obsessed with it all - you hear so much now about anorexia and similar. She's doing it the sensible way and I'm so pleased for her.
How on earth did you manage to break your toe? Hope it wasn't the after effects of that wine! hehe I'm sure you will be back onto that treadmill in no time.

Melanie. Hi, I put in the same order for one of those kind of babies, I got AJ. Complete opposite. But worth it just the same, just a bit more tiring thats all! Hope the backache passes. I don't know what the advice is in the US, but certainly over here, good old paracetamol is perfectly safe to take during pregnance for the aches and pains, whether its strong enough is anyone's guess.

right, off for now, back soon, take care everyone.
xxx
Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #70  

HI, well, 2 days until WI and still on programme! This is the longest I've stuck to it for months!

Linda, did you go to WI with Jamie? How did you both do? Hopefully July 4th didn't damage anything too much!

Well, AJ went to school this afternoon for a couple of hours. It was the first time he's been, other than a quick visit, ready for him starting there full time in September. He's really looking forward to it - although it was strange for all us mum's! I went afterwards with some of the other mum's for a nice cup of tea at a local bar and had my first NSV for quite a while - I declined the offer of a lovely scone with jam and clotted cream! (if you have no idea what these are, they are little buns, quite solid with currents in, that you split and add jam and the cream, what is often referred to over here as a cornish cream tea! Absolutely gorgeous and packed with zillions of calories!) They were served warm and smelt delicious and still I declined. I felt quite proud of myself and am looking forward now to this weeks WI.

Incidentally, when collecting AJ from school, we were given the sample menus for school lunches. On a monthly basis, they are only served chips/fries once, and instead get pasta, rice, potatoes - a whole host of healthy stuff that kids would normally turn their noses up at. I'm quite pleased that finally the schools here are recognising the need for healthy food for the children to help cut down on the immense problem of childhood obesity.

Anyway, thats been my day, hope you are all ok, back soon,
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #71  

Can't stop, birthday tomorrow and lots to do! Just to let you know that my first WI since entering back into the WW fold went well - 3# down! Really chuffed! Good start, just got to keep it up now, yesterday was tough while shopping, I could easily have bought loads of yummies that I really shouldn't have, but I resisted.
anyway, back soon, take care all.
xxx
Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #72  

Wonderful WI, Dawny! Congrats! You are off to a great re-start!

I'm just reporting in. 6 1/2 more weeks until I post the eviction notice! I had the baby shower last weekend. It was WONDERFUL. I was truly loved, blessed, and spoiled. We now have most all the big items we need and a bunch of wants. I'll keep you updated!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #73  

Good to hear from you Melanie. we don't really have baby shower's here. we do of course get lots of gifts etc but I think it must be something of an American tradition that we haven't generally pinched yet!

I've not had a fantastic weekend actually. It was my birthday on friday (37 is too many candles in my opinion!) We went out and ate too much. And drank too much! Saturday, new page, still ate too much and sunday, much the same at a family barbecue. So today, yet another clean page and I've been very good. Made a lovely fruit smoothie with AJ with my new gadget I bought and I'm having salad for dinner later.

The sun is shining here, hotter than many parts of europe apparantly - thats a first! I feel happy in the sun and don't want to eat too much in the heat, that always works for me!

Take care everyone, back soon.
xxx
Old 07-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #74  

Hi, just got back from WI, lost another 1.5#. Thats amazing considering how much I ate over the weekend and its TOM too! Really pleased.

You know, it seems strange to be posting after so long about WI's again. Its over a year since I got to goal yet I feel like I'm back at square one - although with a shorter journey ahead of me this time.

Still, I know that I can come here anytime and just holler for help if I need it. Hope you are all ok, back soon!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #75  

Great WI!!! I like checking in to see that kind of good news.

Me, on the other hand, have been managing to avoid seeing the number on the scale for the past several doctor visits! I will not look at it until the first of October when I can do something about it!

Other than being a grump, things are going well. Had another check up yesterday and passed with flying colors. Just over a month to go!
Closed Thread