3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each other on our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/80385-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

Emerald 05-24-2006 11:45 AM

Dawny - I will say nothing of American Idol, except it doesn't really matter since Chris left!!!!!

dawnydw 05-24-2006 01:26 PM

hehehe, I missed that one while I was away!

Emerald 05-26-2006 09:42 AM

After another peek yesterday, it is confirmed – I’m having a girl! Pink, lace, and frills - here I come! I also gained about 5 more pounds since last month. Oh, well. Not gonna care. Just gonna focus on having a healthy girl. The weight can be dealt with later!

I did, however, start my prenatal exercise DVD. I liked it. Now, to make it a habit.

Oh, and Dawny – AI finale was fantastic! Enjoy the entire show, if you can! But, especially the last 15 minutes. The final surprise performer….

morrigan 05-26-2006 10:54 AM

I love the name Chloe! Good job!

My kids have plain names because we couldn't agree on the interesting ones.
William (Wil) and Anna. We didn't have much choice on the William. My DH has Williams going back 13 generations to Caithness and Halcro in Scotland and his older brother didn't have boys so he is taking up the tradition. His dad was married 3 times and DH is the oldest of wife #3, so he sort of considers himself firstborn and just robbed of the rightful name anyway. The oldest brother is a real loser and in jail for being a creep - at least he doesn't go by that name, he goes by his middle.

dawnydw 05-27-2006 05:19 AM

Hi,
Melanie, Ok, I've seen the American Idol finale at last! Not quite sure what I think of the result, I enjoyed it, and all the performances though. We drank lots of red wine whilst we watched and had a chinese take-out, so not a great night foodwise. Still, back on the wagon today. Don't you worry about that 5#, it'll be gone soon enough anyway. Having a baby is a great way to lose alot of weight in a very short amount of time, shame about the wobbly bits were left with afterwards, but its worth it!

Hi Morrigan. so your DH has Scottish roots eh? My friends have just moved up there this week. Its a long way from here, so I don't think we will be seing them too often, although they still have family around here, so maybe now and again?

Right, off to phone the estate agents - want to go and look at a new house! Our house is now for sale, I want to move NOW! (never was too patient!)
bye for now.

derrydaughter 05-30-2006 12:40 PM

Hi guys!
I've been absent and not doing well. Here I go again. However, you'll all be proud of me. I went back to a WW meeting today. I weighed in for the first time since a week and a half before mom died, four pounds heavier. However, I am glad to be back and hopefully going to a meeting will help?
Melanie, congrats on the girl.
So, I'm back to meetings, here I am guys!
Linda

derrydaughter 06-01-2006 06:58 AM

Well, here I am again - no one is posting here and I'm kind of sad about it. But, I take responsibility as I was an absentee for a period of time.
Well, all, I weighed in on Tuesday and I've been completely on track since then, a perfect WW gal - tracking, exercise, water and everything!
This is the best I've been since probably a year ago.
I'm back, I'm really back this time!!!!!!!!
Linda

Emerald 06-02-2006 10:04 AM

Hey, Linda! Great job! I'm not working the system right now, but I'll post! I just check in every few days to read what's new right now. Other than working on collecting as many secondhand baby items as possible, not much new with me. Baby's still growing happy and healthy. Bumping me more everyday!

Keep up the good work Linda! You've been down this road before. You know the ropes! You just have to demand success!!!

derrydaughter 06-02-2006 01:41 PM

Melanie! When is your due date again? I've forgotten. It must be soon.
You shouldn't be doing WW now, but surely you can be getting ideas and inspiration for after you deliver. Nursing moms (not sure if you plan on that or not) can be on WW too, you just get extra points. How is your weight gain going, by the way? How much have you gained during this time?
I gained over 40 pounds with each of my pregnancies. I didn't care at that point in time. I think I was delusional or something as after I had my son, I got on the scale at home expecting that all the weight would magically disappear. It sure didn't, but by 6 months after he was born, I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight. It took a great deal of healthy eating and walking with him in the stroller (which was fun and I met other moms that way) to get that weight off. After my 2nd pregnancy, the weight didn't come off as easily and it was then that I joined WW. As you get older, losing weight is harder.
As for me, I've done very well this week. I'm still journalling and I am still making good choices. I'm proud of myself. That _____ scale has not budged, but what do I expect? It takes awhile and weight doesn't come off easily for me.
I am about ready to head into my kitchen and make the WW garden vegetable soup. By the way, that soup is very filling and good and you could make and eat that during pregnancy as it is just so very healthy for you.
We're still working hard here to clean up after our flood and I am at a standstill as far as work goes on that right now, sadly. The tile guys ran out of adhesive and it has to be special ordered and won't be in until next Wednesday.
Linda

dawnydw 06-03-2006 06:02 AM

HI, Linda, great to see you back again, and back on track too! Thats fab!

I'm doing ok, but just ok. It does seem to be one day on, one day off but at least the days on are better than none at all? maybe, but I must put in some effort, the clothes are still tight. I am back to journalling, but I really must remember to write down the bad stuff I eat too, not just the good, low point things. That way, I might realise what I'm really doing and start to kick my own butt back into action again.

We have our house for sale at the moment and the stress is really kicking in. We have had no one come to look at it yet (its only been a few days, so I shouldn't start complaining yet) but we've seen a few houses we really like and don't want to miss out on all of them if we can help it. The area we want to move to is not far from here but a more 'desirable' location, and the property sells really fast there, by the time we have sold this there will probably be nothing in the area we want for sale that we can afford. Oh well, I must try and stay calm, stress only makes me want to eat more and that won't do at all!

The sun is out today (first time in ages!) so I think a light salad for lunch will go down nicely, eat it out on the deck and get some fresh air. I need it to clear my head!

Back later, take care!

derrydaughter 06-04-2006 04:30 PM

Good to hear from you Dawny. Forgive me, but I think you are entering what I might refer to as a dangerous stage. I've been there and now I have all that weight to lose again. Keep trying, go to meetings, that is my best advice to you. Journal.
I'm still on track this week and have about 15 flex points left and I will get weighed in on Tuesday. So far, I haven't noted the scale has moved. I'm a bit sad about that, but I am not giving up.
That scale and I are NOT friends.....
Linda

Emerald 06-05-2006 10:46 AM

Oh... the heartburn! One of my fun symptoms! Everything, including water, starts the heartburn now! Only 3 more months. My due date is Sept. 1. Then, I will definately be back as a nursing mom. DH could use the help too! He's definately gained some weight with me!

Good luck with the house, Dawny! And, Linda's right, ya know... JOURNAL!

Linda - I have gained, gulp, about 45 thus far. But, that was partially holidays, stop smoking, and too tired to exercise! I'm doing much better now. I'm NOT going to stress about it. I have high hopes that breastfeeding will help shed some of those pounds, and since I'll be working only 2 days a week, I WILL make time for exercise!

Congrats on staying the course! You WILL see results. Just stick with it!

I miss Natalie. Wonder how she is...

derrydaughter 06-13-2006 07:25 PM

Hi everyone.... boy what a lazy group we are lately. Maybe I can be more chatty and get the rest of you back on track?
I weighed in today and lost another 1.2 pounds, that is 2.2 pounds since I went back to meetings two weeks ago. I'm on a roll!
Question..... I forgot to ask at my meeting. Maybe someone knows? We are supposed to have 2 servings (1 tsp each) of healthy oils each day. I wonder if taking a fish oil capsule (with omega 3,etc.) would qualify as one of those oils. I take that for my health, otherwise. I wonder if I could count that?
Tonight I made "lite" meatballs and had them with spaghetti. It was kind of a celebration for me as far as losing 2.2 pounds. I used eggs whites instead of whole eggs, ff milk and baked them in the oven with non stick spray rather than fry them in oil. To me, they tasted about the same. I was really happy!
A huge breakthrough today as well, my daughter asked me to take her back to WW with me! It's been MONTHS since she tried or cared. I'm delighted.
I hope she comes and begins to try again. She's only 15 and she really could slim down and be absolutely gorgeous.
So, that is my post for tonight. Hope things are going well for you all.
Melanie, you'll take off the weight afterwards and we'll be here to help you!
Linda

derrydaughter 06-20-2006 07:48 AM

Well, gang, it's been awhile and still no more posts from the rest of you. Should I give up on everyone?
I'm still here and still trying.
Linda

Emerald 06-20-2006 10:14 AM

Hi, Linda! I'm still popping in, but not posting much. I do miss everyone. Hope the posts pick up again!

Looks like you're doing great! And, wonderful news about Jamie asking to go! I wondered how she was doing.

I'm still growing. Tons at a time, it seems! Otherwise, things are pretty good. A bit of disconcerting pain over the weekend, but doctor says it's fine. Just something mommy must deal with.

Keep checking in!!