Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #31  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Chrissy, I decided yesterday that every step I take in my goal. (Every 30 minutes of exercise for me!) I'm putting $5 aside this month. So for every 30 minutes of exercise in April awards me $5 towards a shopping trip at the end of the month. I haven't put a limit on my shopping, I can buy books or purses or clothes... but it gives me something to aim for.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #32  

Not WW related: but I have news - It's a GIRL! Well, probably. We didn't get a great view, but the doctor told me I could go shopping (just keep the reciepts). I will get another one next month to confirm. Most importantly, she's growing right on target and all the parts are where they should be!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

MtaTJac, Someone on 3FC (and I'm sorry I can't remember who) is paying herself $5 for each pound lost and so much for each 30 minutes of exercise. When I saw this I decided it was such a good idea that I was going to do it to. I pay myself $5 for each pound I lose and a penny for each minute of exercise. So far I've 'made' about $125 that I'll use on my day of shopping when I reach goal. My girlfriends are going to take me out shopping to celebrate. I'm really looking forward to it.

I personally believe that it's good to find something that motivate you. Some people do a spa day or shopping or some other non-food related treat. I like that. It gives me something to look forward to. I think for my journal challenge I'll go get a spa treatment or something...maybe a manicure or pedicure. Something I don't do very often.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #34  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Chrissy, I like that idea! I hadn't thought of an in general! I just thought that this would help get me through the first month! I't so neat to see what works for everyone to keep them motivated!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Emerald...congrats on your girl!! Is it possible to be excited for someone you don't know? I hope so because I'm excited for ya!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #36  

Can't stop...Just wanted to say congratulations Melanie, a little girl will be gorgeous, I bet you can't wait to start dressing her up!

right, gotta fly, back soon, take care all!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #37  

Off on vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow, lots of sun, sand and sangria. Back soon, take care everyone,
Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #38  

Melanie! Sorry I've been absent for awhile, congratuations on the new young lady who will soon be smiling at you during diaper changes! What wonderful news. Have fun with all the shopping!
Dawny, have a great vacation! We'll see you when you get back and are working off those vacation pounds.
Welcome to our newcomers and to those who've been lurking for awhile. We need you and we need you to post!
My situation.... a bad few weeks here. Two of my friend's lost their moms and I spent time consoling, visiting and dealing. Seems like we are losing a generation all at once. It's so hard.
We had a busy weekend here with a giant quilt show that I worked on. My in-laws visited from out of state and we ate "well", meaning pigged out. It's really time to get myself in gear.
I decided, as of this morning to re-boot myself with the WW core plan for the next several days. I am excited about it as I just am failing with the points program and the idea of journalling and staying on track with that is just more than I can handle right now. I think Core is a good approach. I don't think it's for me to stay on for ages and ages and I can't be that restricted, but maybe this will help me to feel full, satisfied and stay in control?
Keep on posting guys!
Linda
Old 05-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #39  

Hi girls, I'm back! Good suntan, bleached hair from the sun and about an extra 7 pounds added to my waistline! Not so good. Actually, why is it that when we go on vacation, certainly here in Europe, that all holiday resorts seem to sell is junk food. Any decent food costs a fortune and is very hard to track down. Still, we had a great time. Back to reality now.

Not many posts on here recently. Linda, how's it been going with core? Or isn't it? I think we really must all get our acts together and pledge to get these excess pounds off our butts. You know, maybe I will try the UK version of core for a little while to try and kick things into action. I will have to read up a bit about it again, I only ever tried it once for a week and didn't get very far. I will see how it goes.

Melanie, how's that baby bump doing, is my little girl behaving herself for you? You must be getting so excited now, what date have you been given? I forget. Actually, talking of babies, my cousin who lives in NJ is expecting again. The first baby she had to have IVF, but this one's a natural apparantly, and a girl too! I'm so pleased for her. They are moving back to the UK next month so I might be able to get to know them a bit better again!

Anyway, I digress, (what's new? hehe) I had better go and put some cream on my shoulders before all the tan peels off before anyone gets to see it!
Back soon,
Old 05-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #40  

Default Back on track?

Hi there Dawny! Glad you are back and someone else finally made a post!
It's been an absolute nightmare here. I live in Southern NH and our house got flooded just over a week ago with over 12" of rainfall in a 48 hour period.
We have considerable damage to our home and have spent lots of time cleaning up and dealing with all these issues and our insurance company refused our claim. I am really upset about that.
So, during this disaster, we went to junk food and take out food, what else? I'm not happy with myself for that, but I maintained my weight during this time (such as it is) as I was getting much more excercise than normal.
I've regained control a bit of the last couple of days and plan on getting to a 9:00 am WW meeting on Wednesday or a later afternoon meeting tomorrow, I think.
I've been away from meetings for awhile. Not sure if they are helping or will help me again.
I sure wish I had the magic solution to all of this.
At least I chose a pear last night instead of even a WW ice cream treat! I chose salad with lite dressing when we had pizza delivery last night, I only have one tiny piece of pizza, about 4" square with my salad.
So, better choices over the last few days have helped me regain my confidence.
Being back on CORE lasted about two or three days before the flood, then all efforts to do anything righ were lost.
Back on track for me this week!
What are you doing to be on track yourself Dawny?
I hope more people on this thread in the past come back!
Linda
Old 05-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #41  

Linda – sorry about the damage. I had heard that your area was getting a lot of rain, but I had no idea it was that bad! Hope things are calming down.

Dawny – Glad you had a good trip. We’re hoping to have a short getaway before Chloe arrives.

I go back to the doctor on Thursday. I don’t think I’ve gained as much this month as the past couple, but I haven’t been especially good either. I’m just sitting back and enjoying the experience. I’ve been feeling more kicks the past couple of weeks. It cracks me up. David is SO excited, it’s cute. He gets a twinkle in his eye when he sees a baby anywhere.

A lady at church has 4 month old twins and we both got to cuddle one yesterday. Great practice kit! I have a baby shower in June and one in July, then I will feel more ready for the baby. The nursery is still a yard sale waiting to happen at the moment!

I’ll keep you updated! And, I'll be back more regularly after September!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #42  

Melanie, what is your actual due date? I've forgotten.
I have been very well behaved today... sure wish I could keep this up!
Linda
Old 05-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #43  

Yah! for Linda and good behavior!!

My due date is September 2, but I keep telling everyone the end of August because I don't want to wait longer than necessary!

I'm waiting for my e-bay purchased Leisa Hart's Prenatal/Postnatal/Mommy&Me videos to arrive. See! I have good intentions!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #44  

LInda, HI,
Sorry about the 'water problem'. Its bad. Especially when the insurance won't pay up. We're lucky here, at the top of a hill, so flooding doesn't tend to get us, but many over here get it annually, its not fun. I may decide against core after all. Can't stand all the hard work you have to put into it. I'm too stuck in my old ways I think. I've just got straight back into counting the good old points. I will be good, I must - my clothes are tight, some don't fit, so I have no choice.

Melanie, I love the name Chloe, and september isn't too long to wait. AJ was born 7th september so its a great time! He was two weeks early - I was induced. I can't wait for you!

back soon,
Old 05-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #45  

Linda, I wish I could keep this up too. It just so easy to get one great day, then a good day then a bit of a dodgy day then it just all falls to pieces again. where has our will power gone? I reckon thats just what it comes down to. My will power is so short lived lately. I'm in need of some real motivation to keep it up for more than a few days. of course, the tight clothes really ought to be motivating me...and it does for a while, but not really for long enough. Oh dear, it can be so depressing always trying to lose weight. Then doing it, then putting some back on, then trying to lose it again, etc. etc. etc. Never ending circle. I'm sure there are much more important things in life to worry about, but some seem to pale in comparison at times, don't they?

By the way, completely off topic, I would appreciate no mentions of the American idol winner which will be announced later today until after friday if possible, when we get the programme over here. I get obsessed every season, regardless of the talent. We have a celebrity version of Simon Cowell's X Factor show starting next week, that should be fun! Sharon Osborne is one of the judges on that, she's just great!

Anyway, I better go for now. One of our neighbours is about to move today up to Scotland, so I ought to go say our goodbyes! Bye for now!
Closed Thread