Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

ECMom - my weigh in day is Thursdays. I usually go at the noon hour but tomorrow I'm having lunch with friends (another one of my goals was to never give up an opportunity to socialize because of food. I create a plan going in and still go for it). I won't weigh in until 5:30 p.m. Now that makes me nervous but like I said, I'm not giving up an opportunity to see my friends. Life is just too short and food just isn't worth it. Now I need to go online and find out what's on their menu so I can plan accordingly.

I'm going in a minute to get my first water of the day. I'm a little behind. It gets hard to get them all in when you start late - I'm going to have to work on starting earlier as I have to pee all the way home and I commute 35 miles one way to work. Now that's a long time in the car with a full bladder.

That commute reminds me. In years past, I had an issue with being starving when I got home from work. I had a leader tell me to freeze a bottle of water and leave it in your car every day. It would be unthawed by the time you get off work and nice and cold. Leave enough points to eat a healthy snack on the way home and both of those should buy you enough time to prepare a healthy dinner. Also, the crockpot is a huge lifesaver.

My helpful hints for the day. I hope everyone stays OP and if you just can't, that you make great choices
Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I was a no show yesterday. I was on the run all day and just tanked when I finally got home. I mean that diet-wise and body-wise.

Ginny, Ipa, and welcome back Paige!

Linda, I wish we lived near each other. I'd love to be able to take a walk with you. It's so hard to motivate ourselves sometimes and having an exercise buddy can really help. Just know that I'm thinking of you and sending you all the the "love and forgive yourself" vibes your way that I can muster!! You're gonna get back on track....you are, you are, you are.

I didn't do very well with my points yesterday. I just felt starved too death for some reason. I didn't go hog wild, but I didn't make good choices either and I ate when I wasn't really hungry. This morning I woke up sick...think its the flu. Maybe that is why I fell off the wagon. Anyway, today I have NO appetite at all. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Sorry, I can't say more, but I am ready to crash. I'm going to try some herbal tea with a little ginger in it. A neighbor of mine swears by it for colds and viruses.

Hugs, love, and for everybody!

Vicki
Old 10-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #228  

WELCOME newcomers! I'm so glad you've come to us so we can help you and you can help us! The more people the better in terms of helping each other past whatever barriers are in our way.
I was pretty good yesterday, felt good being back on track. I used 23 points and felt comfortable yesterday in terms of not feeling like I was starving all day. One of you mentioned feeling like you were starving all day and my suggestion is to take a serious look at WHAT you are eating and have something that is truly filling. Popcorn always works!
Today is a higher point day, but not outrageously high, I went to a meeting and was the one who supplied the snacks, so I tried to have a variety of things that appeared like higher points, but were lower. I succeeded!
We have a bakery near our area called Superior that makes mini eclairs, they are quite good and deceptive with the dark chocolate frosting on top and they are truly only 2 points each! Look for them, but I think they are very local to us and you might not find them. I've not seen eclairs that are under 5 points other than the frozen WW ones. But with these being two points each, they are such a treat!
I didn't end up going to my meeting yesterday, not because I was bailing out of it, but because my daughter had to be at a rehearsal for a play she is in and we couldn't be at two places at once. We're staying on track this week so far and I'm not worried about missing a meeting as my motivation is "up there" at the moment. I did lose control over the weekend, but we were away and kind of "partying" a bit.
I'm still tired and lazy about working out.... gosh will one of you come to NH and kick my butt? : ) Vicki, I do wish you lived near me as I would truly have you walk with me, I really need a walking/exercise partner very badly.
Rose, if you are worried that having lunch out with friends on weigh in day will falsely throw off your numbers - give yourself a break and maybe use one of those WW no weigh in passes for the week??? Also, eat asparagus the night before something like that. Asparagus is a natural diuretic, it's good for you in more ways than just the nutrients you get. It purges your body and it's a very good thing to eat when you are in PMS mode!!! If you eat a nice sized portion of it the night before weigh in, it probably helps you eliminate some fluid. If you did that and then ate out, perhaps the two things would balance each other.
I find when I go to morning meetings and weigh in, my weight is always so much lower. But, an afternoon meeting is so very hard. I find that I am starving myself and not even drinking water for fear of it messing up the scales. I usually bring a huge bottled water with me and immediately after weigh in drink it down fast as I am sooooo thirsty.
I torture myself on weigh in days, weighing out underwear in my hands as well as shirts, pants and things like that to see which of my clothing choices are the lightest in weight. Silly? I tend to wear almost exactly (if it's clean) the same outfit each week to weigh in with so I can really tell if my weight is dropping or not.
Well, it's off to make dinner and drink some more water...
Linda
Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #229  

Linda - I wore the same outfit 3 weeks in a row and decided to change it up last week with a different shirt and skirt. Same outfit different colors LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #230  

Hi all...gotta write quick...need to be out of the house in 45 minutes for an 8am class, and I still have to get dd's ready to go (oh and myself !) I barely ate yesterday. I was busy in the morning making loaves and loaves of pumpkin bread and a bunch of struesel topped pumpkin muffins for Saturday's bake sale. I left for night class at 4 and didn't want to eat when I got home at 9:15 (plus Lost was on last night, so that was much more interesting than eating!!!) So I ended the day with 14 points left. Oh well, it is what it is! I weighed myself this morning, and the scale says I'm down 4lbs, but I'm not sure how much I believe that!

Linda- When I used to go to meetings, my leader suggested that we have our "Weight Watcher uniform." And that's what everyone did...wear the same thing every week! It was kind of interesting, too, because you could really see how other people were losing weight from how loose their clothes were.

Anyway...gotta run...check back in with you all later!

Have a good day!
Paige
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #231  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!
Gotta be short today...I have a crummy cold and lots to do.

Paige/Linda- at my usual meeting there is a "lifer" who attends wearing normal clothes, until she gets there. Then, standing on line, she strips down to bike shorts and a sports bra. It's pretty funny.........no I am not advocating that, but I agree with the WI uniform. Paige- gee, I hope your scale is at least close to correct! A 4 # loss would be awesome!

Linda- funny you mention the WI torture thing. I do pretty much the same.....you are not alone (0thers at my meeting do also). Dittos for the am or pm meetings too. Every few weeks I go to a much closer (but not schedule friendly) meeting in the pm, and just congratulate myself for getting to a meeting. If the scale is up, I assume it is because I have been eating/drinking, and figure that it is a bogus gain. Sorry you missed your meeting. As far as working out.....I have a buddy here at 3FC, who even though she lives 500 miles away, inspires me. I try to think of her sweating it out at the same time as I do (we usually do workout at the same time of day)and hope that when I check up with her online I find out that she also got her workout in. Sometimes that helps shake my can....

Vicki- hey, we all have good days and bad........isn't that what the 35 additional points are for? Hope you are back OP today. Thanks for the welcome!

Rose- today is WI day.......hope the scale fairy was kind to you! Enjoy the lunch, just eat sensibly.

The darned cats woke me up early, so I got on the treadmill at 5 am.
Yesterday I was good......stayed right on points again. WI tomorrow....
Thanks for the welcome! I am really happy to be here (my former board was unfortunately lacking in support)
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 10-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Height: 5'4"

Wink AHHHH! Maybe I will actually get this right this time!

Sorry about the title, LOL! This is my second attempt to post. The first time I hit the wrong button and "BAM" my post was gone. That's so frustrating, LOL!

Anyway, I'm back on plan. I really didn't have to try too hard because being sick left me with no appetite at all. I think I have a cold rather than the flu and for that I'm grateful. I can handle a cold much better.

Linda, I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to get back on plan. I may have to miss my weigh in tomorrow if I still feel bad. I don't want to make all my WW ladies sick.

I had an interesting horoscope today. Now, I'm not big into astrology, but I do read my horoscope daily, mostly for a laugh because they're usually so vague and offbase. I think you'll understand why this particular one stopped me in my tracks.....

Aquarius(Jan.20-Feb.18): The stars align to remind you that you're eating in order to live more fully, as oppposed to living in order to eat more fully.

That just stopped me cold! I'm going to add it to my siggy to remind me on the bad days what this WW journey is really all about.

I hope everyone has had a great day and will have a great evening. You're all in my thoughts. Take care of and love yourselves today and EVERYDAY!

Vicki
Old 10-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #233  

Weigh In tonight. I hope it goes well. If not, oh well. Next week will be back to "normal". I know I haven't eaten over my points this week but I am a tad nervous waiting until evening to do weigh in.

I'll report in either late tonight or early tomorrow. I have a FULL schedule after work tonight
Old 10-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #234  
burned out bus driver

Rose- hope the scale fairy is kind to you! If not, there is always next week. You sound focused.....and that always pays off sooner or later.

Vicki- gee, I love that horoscope. Perhaps your WW leader wrote it? A moment on the lips forever on the hips.......aw, there are a million of those sayings! I hope you are feeling better for tomorrows meeting. What time is your meeting? (mine is at 10, I attend in between work hours).

I have been good today.......ate wisely and the double batch of diet jello is chilling to keep me out of trouble later.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 10-06-2006, 07:49 AM   #235  

Vicki, I'm an Aquarius as well, so that is also my horoscope. How interesting. When is your birthday? mine is the 18th of Feb.
I would love to be down to 150 by my birthday and am hovering at 163 right about now. I can't make the usual Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas challenges, those are too soon and difficult for someone like me, I think?
The saying "you need to eat to live not live to eat" comes to mind with that particular horoscope. We all must be mindful.
I did well yesterday and ended the day using exactly my allotted points and I actually did the same the day before. I'm thankful that I have been able to do that for two days straight. My frozen WW chili in portion controlled sizes has been helpful as it is comforting, filling and yummy, so lunches have been something I've been looking forward to, but low in points! This chili recipe uses ground turkey and bulks up with chopped zucchini and summer squash. I made it differently from the leader and added a bit more beans so instead of counting it for a 1 point for one cup, I count it as 2 points. I also just dumped it all in the crock pot (not according to her recipe either) and let it cook all by itself.
Paige, wow four pounds.... I wouldn't count on that being permanent if you just had a busy day and ate hardly anything, yet wouldn't it be grand? Though, all the weight loss books, etc. say it's not healthy to lose weight at that rate, but we all secretly wish it would happen. I'd love some kind of magic "pill" (we all know they really don't exist, at least ones that are healthy) that you could take that would truly work. Hard work, exercise (I'm still guilty of NOT doing that lately, you guys need to really bug me) and all the stuff that WW preaches to us is what it's going to take.
I've not been as good about making all those healthy food choices like the oils and milks and veggies lately, either and getting in all my water. I'm really going to have to shape up! But, the fact that I am at least staying in my points ranges consistently is a plus for me lately.
Ginny, diet Jello, hmmm.... just doesn't "cut it" for me. I make it once in awhile but generally find it not exciting enough to keep me happy. Do you do anything interesting with it?
One time, I did make diet Jello and put it alternating with lite Cool Whip and strawberries in tall champagne glasses, making pretty parfaits. I need to do interesting things in order to be satisfied. I get bored so easily.
Oh yes, any excuse to SHOP here.... I might try the next time I'm in a department store to purchase a very lightweight special weigh in outfit! : )
Wouldn't that be a fun thing to do, what kind of clothing is warm enough to get through a New England winter and lightweight?
Linda
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #236  

The scales were good to me!!! I lost 1 1/2 lbs. I stopped by here real quick last night and posted the Shrimp Fetticine Alfredo recipe in the October thread and went to bed.

I was so happy!!!! Doing fine today. Everyone is having pizza/subs compliments of the company I work for but I brought my frozen lunch that I fixed myself instead. I just didn't want to waste my points on either of those today. They still don't sound good. I'm waiting to indulge when I want them.

Wow was it cold last night. Sun today and tomorrow so I'm getting a couple of brisk walks in. Gotta go dig out my pedometer -hmmm, wonder where it got buried. I'll have to call DH and ask him to make sure my Ipod is fully charged for the walks.

ECMom - thanks for having faith in me

Linda - you sound like your doing well. Glad you found the crockpot too. It's been such a lifesaver for me. Post your chili recipe. Sounds good!

TweedleDee - Sounds like you found some motivation. Hope its holding for today. Let us know. You're doing so well!

Paige - I hope all that bake sale stuff is out of the way. That would be torture for me to have to smell all that yummy baking. 4 lbs! Wow that's great but generally, I stay off the scales until weigh in. It gives me way too much of an emotional roller coaster ride. It's better for me to do it once a week or okay, maybe I'll admit that I have checked it mid-week once or twice.

Have a great Friday and stay OP everyone!!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #237  
burned out bus driver

Sorry to be short...a big whopping .4# loss here! (don't blink, ya might miss it!)
Well, I was wearing full jeans today as opposed to capris. Had to switch to winter weight stuff sooner or later. so I am sure that accounted for a #.

Rose- WTG on the loss!!!!!!!!!

Linda- glad you had an OP day.........sorry I do nothing fun with the jello except eat the stuff! Keeps me from being a very bad girl.
Back to work.........sorry to be brief.
Ginny
Old 10-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #238  

Hi everyone, I just typed the entire chili recipe and LOST it, how annoying. I'm out of time and will type it in tomorrow or the next day. Sorry!
I'm going away for the day tomorrow so might not be able to do it until Sunday.
Linda
Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #239  

Hi all...I think this is the 5th time I've tried to post...keep getting interrupted!

I've been doing so-so the past few days. It's kind of one of those things where you just get so busy you don't get a chance to eat all day, and then when you do, you are so stinkin hungry you overeat. I also had two pieces of apple pie today...opps. Oh well...it is what it is.

Just wanted to check in with you all...hope everyone is doing well!

Paige
Old 10-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #240  

Paige, I know where you are coming from. I ate a chocolate chip cookie yesterday, and had a beer. What was I thinking? It was the weekend, I am usually sidetracked on weekends. At least it was a lite beer and I did have flex points for the day and used them.
I'm going to start a new thread for us, will be back here to post the link so we don't lose anyone. This one is getting so long that I think it's affecting postings!
B right back and I'll also post the chili recipe!
Linda
Closed Thread