Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 196

Height: 5'4"

Thank you ladies for the welcome. Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Smile

Lisa (dunwthfat), !! Your experience sounds a whole lot like mine. I joined WW for the first time in 2005. I lost my 10% and then hit a plateau and just let it get the better of me. I quit WW, gained all the weight back and on August 25th of this year I went back to WW. I realized that I had done myself in last time. I didn't have the right attitude and I wasn't really committed. This time, I've got my head on straight, LOL!

Linda, thanks for the idea on the ice cream bars! I've got a nearly empty whole wheat waffle box that'll do the trick. It is great that you were able to make healthy choices when you went out to dinner! It can be so hard, but then it makes you feel so in control and confident. Great Job! I hope you enjoy your trip to Wolfeboro. It sounds like so much fun. My dh is a classic car nut. His dream is to fully restore a '57 Chevy.

Kim, Hi! I'm doing pretty good. I made myself a promise starting this past week that I would exercise for at least 30 minutes every day and I've stuck to it. I am really surprised at how good just 30 mins. can make me feel. I'm even sleeping better. I haven't had any problems sticking to my points these past few days. Some days I'm eating my activity points and some days I don't. The best thing though is that my dh is starting to look at me with real admiration again. We went walking last night and I really pushed myself. He just kept smiling at me and saying how proud he is of me. I'm really doing this for myself, but it sure feels good to have him notice my progress.

Take care of yourselves!

Vicki

If I put forth the effort, I will reach my goal!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Hi guys - sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Life has gotten hectic again and I've had no time for the computer. Homecoming and all those events, marching band event and then dinner with the ladies.

I can report though that I was very successful even though I knew the couple of days would be crazy. I planned and thought out in advance all the problems I "might" have and did possible outcomes. I came through with flying colors. I had a wonderful dinner with friends last night that included chicken parmesan, caesers salad, spaghetti, and ice cream pie. I had eaten less than 10 pts before dinner and I ate one portion of everything within the guidelines of WW except the chicken breast was about 5 oz instead of 3 or 4. I really don't know how to figure out the points on that meal so this is my strategy. I haven't eaten any extra flex points and do not intend to eat over my 24 pts for the rest of the week and hope I have a good outcome.

What would you do? any thoughts or experiences where you don't have a clue how many points for an item?

I'm just so proud of myself - especially after being so disappointed with my "only" 1/2 lb loss last Thursday. I feel thinner this weekend (go figure) so I'm really hoping this week is a good one.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Smile

Rose, great job! Life got a little chaotic and you were able to stay OP and you didn't let that last weigh-in get you down! You should reward yourself! You deserve it!

The strategy you're using for handling the points from you dinner with your friends sounds good to me. I did something similar and even ended up having a loss.

Again, way to go! I hope that this week is a great one for you!

Take care,
Vicki

If I put forth the effort, I will reach my goal!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:31 AM   #215  

Vicki, what a wise choice with the 30 minutes per day of exercise. I seem to have zero motivation when it comes to exercise lately. I feel tired, blue and just unable to get my rear in gear.
Rose, eating out makes it awfully hard to count points. I don't have answers but your meal sounds yummy and if you don't eat like that every single day, you'll do ok. It's when that kind of meal becomes the "norm" that is when we all suffer the consequences.
I lost control over the weekend, I haven't got a clue how many points I had. We went away and I was with family and it was fun and I blew it.... I have weigh in this afternoon and haven't journalled since last Thursday. I'll probably have gained back the 1.4 pound I lost last week. This is what I do, this is why I am not doing well. Do I have answers? No.
But, I shall continue to work, I shall get a blank journal out this morning and I shall start fresh and not beat myself up over this. I need to learn from each experience.
Eating out about 4 times over the weekend and entertaining... what do I expect?
Linda
Old 10-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #216  

It has been over a month since I've even checked in here. Ugh. Why does losing weight have to be so stinkin hard?! I've been having a really tough time and really need a lot of support. It seems like every night when I go to bed I think, ok, I just need to suck it up and get it over with...just lose this weight already. Then I get up in the morning and that is all out the window. Ugh. It is so hard not to get so down on yourself through this process.

Yesterday dh brought home a video that my mil had taken at my dd's bday party in July. I hate watching videos of myself or looking at pictures of myself (I have a rule that any picture of me must be taken from the neck up!) I just hate that sinking feeling...OMG, that's how I really look?!!!

So I'm back on the wagon again, and I'm going to try a different approach. Before I've always looked at the big picture...maybe it was too overwhelming, and maybe I put myself on too much of a time crunch. So my goal this time around is short term. I want to be in ONEderland by Christmas...I don't care if it's 199, as long as it's under 200. That is going to be a huge accomplishment right there in itself. Ever since I've had my dd's, I get no lower than 215ish and just can't seem to get further. I think I set myself up to fail, too...maybe I tell myself that I'm not going to get past 215, so what's the point?

This Christmas I want to be in the pictures with my dd's and not be scared to look at them! I also want to fit into this black dress that I bought a few years ago for dh's Christmas party (it didn't fit then and I loved it so much that I wouldn't send it back!)

Ok, so those are my goals.........I need a lot of support!

Paige
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #217  

You've come to the right place Paige! Stop in frequently. That's the key. Somebody always cheers you on here and you may get a helpful suggestion from someone that you never thought of or maybe have forgotten.

I found out a long time ago that I cannot dwell on that large number. I need these small goals. And I also have to remind myself that I may not always meet my mini goals. But as long as I stay on the path, I'll get there
Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #218  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

Newish here. After looking at my wedding pictures [I got married just a year ago], and getting a not-so-great cardiac lipid profile test result, I decided to return to WW.

So here I am. I would LOVE to look back at this years's Christmas pics and not cringe. I'm turning 50 { } in July and have decided this just can't go on. That said, I'm trying to get my plan together for the day so I have half a chance at success. Breakfast was OP. But what happens is I get to work and trust that the hospital cafeteria will have something I can use as an OP meal. Wrong-O.

I guess that's MY responsibility, huh? Today's goal is to pack a lunch and 2 snacks and to start on my water. Glad to meet you--I'm looking forward to this being The Last Battle for me and I'm here to get and give support as I go.

Ipa
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #219  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Is there room for another here???? I have been posting here for ages ( on another board), and I am on WW. My meeting day is usually Wednesday, and I am on flex. I've lost 25 # on WW, with the last 10 seeming to be such a struggle (all in my mind, BTW). Perhaps some fellow WW'ers can help inspire me.
I'll check back in later. I'd love to get to know you here.
Ginny
Old 10-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #220  

There's always room for more! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

We're all here because of one common goal (and enemy). We want to be healthy and lose weight. This is a great place for support and ideas and to share your support with others.

ECmom - let us know where you think you need help. Are you writing down everything, drinking your water, 8 Healthy Guidelines, exercising? If you give us a baseline, we'll try to help you on any issues your facing. It can be something as simple as variety of food or lack of planning.

Ipanema - sounds like a good plan for the day. I try to get a rough plan of what my food for the day will entail and then work around that. Sometimes I totally change it but I have better success if I at least have a rough plan.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #221  
burned out bus driver

Rose, thanks for the welcome. I do just fine planning, tracking, water (gee, I swim to the potty all day!). My biggie? Darned late nite stress eating. If I could conquer that, I'd be lifetime, plain and simple. Are you on core or flex? Do you attend meetings?
Take care and thanks for the welcome.
Ginny
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #222  

I'm on flex and attend meetings. Believe me I've started this program a few times. The only time I'm ever successful is when I attend meetings. This time I'm in it to goal and maintenance and Lifetime. No matter how long it takes
Old 10-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #223  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yep. This is IT for me too. I'm determined to make this happen and make it stick. All I want this time is a modest 1 pound/week loss and I will get to goal.

RoseG--I like the way you broke down your goals. Food for thought!

Today has been OP so far and I'm still sitting on 5 points. When those are gone it's a hot cup of green tea or go to bed!

Whatever it takes!

Ipa
Old 10-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #224  

Hi all..........

Well, first day back op went pretty well. It goes to show how much I've been overeating lately because I went over 5 pts yesterday and my tummy was grumbling when I went to bed last night! I didn't beat myself up that I went over, which I would of in the past. I tracked everything and kept myself accountable. That is going to be the key this week. I have a lot of baking to do for a church bake sale on Saturday, class tonight and tomorrow (I go to school for pastry arts & pro chef...great majors for someone who is trying to shed some lbs!) and I'm having a birthday appetizer lunch for my mil on Sunday (we're big football fans, so she wanted to do it during the game.) I think as long as I keep myself honest about what goes into my mouth I'll be ok. And just keep remembering that video I watched of myself the other day...ugh!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #225  
burned out bus driver

Morning!

Rose- I am with you 100%. Whatever it takes......we can get there together! What day is your meeting?

Ipa- well.......how did you spend those last 5 points? (found myself in the same boat last nite, and made myself 2 smoothies made w/water to keep myself OP). I use green tea too, for the same reason.

Paige- gotta journal all those BLT's (bites,licks and tastes). I time that that can be a challenge. Good luck with all the baking.

Yesterday I ended up right on my points allowance......and got a workout in.
Hope today goes ok. I am excited about posting here. Hope you will put up with me! Have a good day.
Ginny
Closed Thread