Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Hi everyone - I just posted my downfall day in the September goal thread. I won't repeat it here. But I will say that I found out the hard way that even with careful planning, temptation will hit when you have the least expectation of it.

I'm picking myself up and not using any more flex points this week and trying to plan other strategies
Old 09-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #182  

Rose, sorry about the downfall days. I've been there.
The only thing we can do after something like that is to pick ourselves up off the floor and keep going. If we all gave up each time we had a bad day, we'd really get nowhere.
I'm actually looking forward to weigh in this week. I want to know if my philosophy of kind of giving myself a bit of looser control is helping. The Wendy plan thing I read really made me do some thinking. I'm not being perfect on that in terms of keeping with the exact point ranges that have been recommended on it, but it's kind of taught me to rethink what I am doing and I have allowed myself a few high point days for the last few weeks and balanced those off with some decent low point days where I was really doing well.
I like the idea that you can fool your body into thinking it's not being starved so it readily releases a few pounds. I"ve been less stressed out due to this about my eating and maybe that is the key?
My next weigh in will show me if this philosophy will help me or not. I am still very much on program, but I am allowing the indulgences.
I think my own person key to success if that I do not get bored and I do not feel like I am being starved on top of being bored. I can't take the boredom any longer, I will fail if that continues.
So, let's get off our butt gang!
Linda
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #183  

Yep Linda I think that is the key.

I'm not considering yesterday a failure but a learning point - dusted myself off, made a big pot of veggie soup for the week and starting all over again
Old 09-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon! Its been pretty dull around here this weekend. I went to the local Barnes & Noble to take a look at some low-fat, healthy cookbooks. I was inspired by some of the recipes I came across. I'm going to try to come up with my own variation of WW Zero Pt. Soup that doesn't include cabbage. I'm not a big cooked cabbage fan.

Rose, I'm sorry that you had a run in with temptation. for just getting right back on track!

Linda, its great that you're figuring out what works for you. The one thing that I've heard most successful WW followers say over and over again is that they had to work the program in a way that worked for them.

everybody!

Vicki
Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #185  

Hey Tweedle Dee

I made myself a binder and pulled recipes from here, the Weight Watchers site, amy's adventure, dotti's weight loss zone and others. I try them, I mark whether they are tasty or not and make sure the points are accurate. That way I can keep coming back to the ones I like.

I have the Homestyle Weight Watchers Cookbook and a Pasta one and several others. I love to try new recipes
Old 09-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #186  

Tweedle Dee!!!! THANK YOU!!!! That Chocolate Pumpkin cake is fabulous!!! All I had was a pudding in the mix cake mix, but the pkg had the nutrition facts for 1/12 of the cake mix w/o ingredients. It's a 3 pt cake this way but still that is really decent for 1/12 of that cake w a dab of FF Cool Whip. Yummy! I see why you like it so much!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #187  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey guys,

Haven't been around in a couple days. How is everyone doing?

I'm getting myself back OP today and staying there. This losing and gaining the same few pounds is really starting to get to me.

Stay OP!!!!

Kim
Old 09-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #188  

Good Luck Nibs!!!!

Yesterday was a good day. I'm thinking that the real secret to staying OP for me is to get my rest and to feel "up to" the challenge of planning and eating correctly. If I'm tired, it's just way too easy to fall back on my bad eating habits.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #189  

Smile

Rose, we think along the same lines! I love those same websites that you mentioned! Especially dwlz! If I hadn't run across those sites I would've had a horrible time trying to come up with WW friendly meals that I can feed the whole family.

I'm glad you like the chocolate pumpkin cake. It is a lot easier to stay OP when you can have something that tastes sinful, but doesn't leave you feeling guilty!

Kim, hang in there! You will get that scale to move in the right direction!

Vicki

If I put forth the effort, I will reach my goal!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #190  

My kids have been eating the cake and haven't got a clue that it's made with pumpkin - he he he he
Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #191  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Thanks for the kind words of support Vicki. It's nice to get those every now and then to keep you going.

Rosegarden, don't you love deceiving your children like that... I do it all the time with my son. If I told him half of the stuff I put in things he would never eat it.

How are things derrydaughter? It's been a couple days since we heard from you...everything alright?

How is EVERYONE doing? Post and let us know. We all care.

Kim
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #192  

Kim - if they only knew the bran muffins were so good for them and that the Shrimp Alfredo was low cal and healthy. DS asked me last night if I would make it again! He wasn't as fond of the wheat pasta but he said it was good.

Where is everybody???? Check in people. I know Monday and Tuesdays are big WI days here!

Let us know how you're doing, even if you're struggling. Maybe we can help. Let me know what you're doing for exercise. I'm just getting back into it and could use all sorts of ideas.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #193  

Hello, everyone! Wow, it's been a whole week since I've been here. Can't do that anymore, I hope everyone is well!

I am doing much better than last week, however, I have no clue if I lost b/c I couldn't make it to my meeting on Saturday. After my venting, I decided to get on plan as close to normal as I could last week and i found that I was less freaked out, b/c I decided not to punish myself by going on CORE. Don't get me wrong, I did CORE last year and was very happy with it, but I associate the plan with dieting AND I don't feel that much that way with FLEX. I've decided that eating well is not about punishing myself; right now, Flex is helping me.

On the activity front, I am having to re-evaluate my workouts, b/c after ignoring the pain in my knee, i finally went to the doctor. According to the X-rays, I have cartilage damage/loss in both knees (they kept asking if I was a cheerleader or gymnast in high school, hahahaha, no); wow, my knees must have looked horrible! Anywho, the thought is that either I've torn something or I have early onset arthritis. I have an MRI scheduled on Thursday to find out definitively what is going on.

in the meantime, I can no longer run. They suggested swimming or biking, hmm, funny, i have a stationary bike in living room, maybe I'll use it! ; ) i've decided to re-attached the pedometer to my hip and walk as much as possible, do the low-impact modifications in Turbo Jam and pick up Callanetics.

Almost forgot, although i haven't stepped on a scale, I did do my 2-week measurements and I am down 5.50 inches - yay!

Okay, that's it for me! i wish everyone a wonderful evening! Again, thank you all for your words of support!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #194  

Rose, I always wait until my dh and kids start raving about something I've cooked and then I tell them its WW. My family thinks WW is the best thing to ever happen to them, LOL!

Kim, you sound like you're feeling better. Hope everythings going good for you.

derrydaughter, Kim's right, where are ya? Drop us a line.

txlawchic, sorry to hear about your knee. OUCH! Congratulations on the 5.50 inches! My leader stresses that we should all take our measurements because sometimes that tells you more than the scales do.

I've gone down another two lbs. I expect them to show up again by my weigh-in Friday because AF just showed up today.

Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy some Smart Pop Popcorn and the season premiere of Gilmore Girls.

Take care of yourself!
Vicki

If I put forth the effort, I will reach my goal!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #195  

Hey guys! I'm here. My ____ e-mail notification that there are fresh posts here doesn't work anymore and I have to REMEMBER (duh?) to check in here to see what you guys have to say. I don't know why it doesn't work, but it's been doing this for awhile.
Ta-Da!!!!! I weighed in yesterday and was down 1.4 pounds!!!!! You know, I feel better, I feel more energetic and I am happy! I'm officially, according to WW, down 5.4 pounds since June. But, they aren't counting the weight I lost before going back and I am on my counter that is here on my signature line. I'm so pleased. I am down to the weight I was, 163.4, the week before my mom died last January. Finally. When mom died, I went straight to the refrigerator and I had lost my dad last September and during his illness and after his death I self medicated with food. Seemed like each time I went to visit him in the nursing home or hospital it necessitated a trip to Dunkin Doughnuts for a chocolate glazed doughnut on the way. I needed chocolate and high fat content in order to "brace myself" to visit him?
I had gone back to WW around November 1st and had lost a few pounds by the first of January, even through the holidays and then, boom, mom died so unexpectedly that I was off track all over again. I rejoined WW in June and now I am finally back to where I was last January. I have a ways to go, but I am glad that I have erased all the bad eating from that period and have to work harder to erase all the bad eating during dad's illness and death. I was down to something like 148 before they diagnosed him with bone cancer.
I gave up for awhile.
I just wanted to share that all with you guys. I sure am glad to have people like you all supporting me and helping me survive this.
Now, as far as eating goes..... yesterday I made a very healthy pasta sauce with 93% lean hamburger, olive oil (tiny bit), veggies, etc. It was tasty and great last night. While I was cooking all of that and chopping veggies anyway, I also made a WW chili recipe that my leader had given me in the crock pot all afternoon. I took a tiny taste and it is good, so that is for lunch today! I have enough pasta sauce and chili in the freezer now as I made huge batches of everything to last for several meals. I love when I can do that kind of healthy cooking. So, when the busy days come, there are great things to microwave.
I also purchased all the stuff to try those Fiber One chocolate muffins.
Someone refresh my memory on the chocolate pumpkin cake recipe, please! I think I might need that!
Linda, feeling more positive
Closed Thread