Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:47 PM   #166  

Thanks for your kind words, Vicki, I did slip, and really didn't do too well today either. But, I do think planning ahead for the SHD is best if anyone is really going to succeed on the Wendy Plan. To launch into it mid-week and using it as an excuse to pig out was a very "bad girl" thing.
Rose, glad you've been so good. Getting in those extra steps will surely help. I need to try that too.
Welcome Patience, sounds like you are on a roll. I think many of us have been there with the diet that takes off tons of weight and then you put it right back on... and know you were not doing the most healthy thing! Glad you are back on track now.
By the way, I tried a diet once that was supposed to let you lose 10 pounds in 7 days... it really wasn't a very balanced diet and I can't believe I tried it... but I still secretly have a copy of it someplace - hidden away.
Kim, I'm so impressed by you packing your lunch ahead and figuring out points - you go girl!!!!!
MELANIE!!!!!! Congratulations on the baby!!!! So sorry you ended up having a C-Section, but it's all over with now and I'm sure you are recovering. So good to hear from you! We have several wonderful newcomers who have great enthusiasm, so that baby weight will come off and you will enjoy their great stimulation and ideas!
Txlawchick.... so sorry about the deaths in your family, how awful.
I want you to know that I have been through something like this. I lost both my mom and dad in the last year, 4 months apart from each other. It hurts and sometimes eating just takes over and I find comfort in it, or at least I think I am finding comfort at the time and then when it's over with I cry and wonder why I am doing this to myself.
Take it easy, even if you just try to maintain for a few weeks, it might help.
I am in an on line grief support group and would be glad to give you information on this if you send me a private e-mail. It helps to know you are not alone.
Forgive yourself. Again, so sorry!
Whew, I think I got basically caught up a bit.... I missed a day or two posting, got really busy and sidetracked here. But, I am trying. I went grocery shopping today and bought some really healthy choices and hope to get my act in gear.
Again, Melanie, I'm so glad you are back and can't wait for a link to see some photos! Take it easy, sleep when you can and we'll all be here to help you when you are really ready to get on the move!
Linda
Old 09-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #167  

Good morning, everyone!

I want to thank you so much for all of your advice and kind words. Everything that was said has definitely been catalogued in this brain of mine. I must give myself slack and remember that this is a journey, not a race.

I decided yesterday that I would make this a CORE week, b/c for me, food because less of a thought on that program, b/c the variety is not as large as in Flex. I just need simple no brainers for this week. A list of the basics and that's it.

I'm just going to take it easy the next few days, w/o giving myself license to go back to my old habits.

Next week the plan is to get back on the Wendie (Flex) Plan.

Thank you all for addressing my concerns and ranting. Your support is precisely why I am here!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

txlawchic - that sounds like a great plan! Keep us posted!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Height: 5'4"

Good evening, everybody. I just wanted to check in. I've been able to stay OP, even though the last few days have been stressful. My ds is very active in extra curricular activities, which means I have a lot to keep up with...bake sales, band and speech team practices, ball games,and fundraisers. I've been so exhausted lately that I've been tempted to just swing through the drive-thru on the way home. But I haven't...and I won't. I've also tried to change my thought pattern about food. Even though I stay within my points consistently, if I do have a treat...even one thats not so bad, I feel so guilty. I just put myself down and think that I can't possibly be satisfied hunger and craving-wise and still lose weight. That's completely my warped opinion and I know that WW says otherwise. I think that crazy thinking is what led to my screwing myself up in the past. I would just let the negative self-talk drag me down so far that I'd just give up. Thankfully, I'm paying more attention to my inner triggers this time around. WHEW! I think I'm going to make it this time!

Vicki

Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #170  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I finished my first full week on WW and I lost 7.5 lbs! (I had lost about a pound or so before starting). It felt great to be in control again, bad to realize how after all of these years I am still in denial about portion sizes!! It just stunned the bejeezus out of me when I started counting again after all this time, and I should know better. I guess that's why I'm someone that will always have to journal, I haven't a clue otherwise.

Today I got in 60 minutes on the elliptical and I think I'll try a walk tomorrow afternoon. The calf is feeling much better. I am glad I have something like the elliptical trainer to go to, though. Otherwise I'm not sure how I'd start getting my cardio going.

Does anyone here ski or snowboard? I'm looking for some good weight training exercises to get ready for the season. Nothing like a fat old lady going down a mountain on a snowboard, . Junonia has great ski pants so I'm okay on the clothing part.

Vicki, if I couldn't have treats I don't think I could do WW. I view them of proof that I AM doing the right stuff; that I can have my Godiva icecream and still lose weight gives me more confidence and allows me to look at the program as a lifestyle.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #171  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey guys,

Just checking in to see what's up and how everyone is doing.

Welcome Quest_2B_Thin. Great job on the weight loss and keep up the good work. it's nice to have you here.

Tweedle-dee you will be fine and you will make it. Positive thinking.....

Rosegarden your attitude is wonderful. You are doing so well and I'm so proud of you.

How are things txlawchic? Stay with us. Don't wander too far.

Hey derry, we all have slip ups. I slipped up for 5 days but I'm back. You will be fine also.

pgray1229, where are you? I haven't seen you lately.

Emerald, Congrtas on your new baby girl. Looking forward to getting to know you when you start back.

Have I forgotten anyone? Let me know if I did and I'm sorry.

TTYL
Kim
Old 09-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #172  

I forgot to say Congrats to Emerald too!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOW such great posts from yesterday!!!! I could relate to each and every one of you.

Tweedle Dee - you and I have lots in common. I don't know if you saw my post about being a "soccer mom" and a full time working mom and losing track of me and who I am. I had a health issue last spring that put me on a rest cycle where I had to give up all those extras. I spent months going to work and coming home and doing nothing but trying to get healthier. It made me really look at how crazy I had let my life become. Somewhere along the way, I got my picture taken a few times too. YIKERS!!!!! It was a huge slam and reality check. Take the time for yourself. This program is all about you and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I have stepped back into my busy self and it's my youngest son's Senior year. Life is crazy. But I take one day a week to let me regenerate and to plan my week. Then a couple of nights a week to make sure I'm still on track. I make a BIG batch of the veggie soup and the BIG batch of bran muffins every week (I've been back to WW since 8-23 but officially mtgs on 9-7). The Veggie soup gets put into individual containers and frozen. The microwave is a lifesaver. I bought some Healthy Choice dinners for those nights that I have to eat quickly and no time to fix a healthy full meal. I found some recipes for some crockpot meals that have been pretty good and I froze extra leftovers into individual containers and wrote the pts right on the top of the lids. There are ways to fit this program in. When in doubt, try the Core plan. I have heard raves about it for busy moms. I agree - those sweet treats are what keeps me OP! I just count them and keep them within reason. Good luck!

Quest 2beThin - you're doing great!!!! I'm proud that you've incorporated exercise right away! That is something I'll have to find a way to do more of. I'm still getting the food part down and plan to incorporate the exercise (somewhere in my busy life) in the next couple weeks. I am parking up one level in the parking ramp and walking up and down the stairs.

Nibs - glad to see you back OP!!!! Let us know how it's going!

Derry - come back to us and post more. You're an inspiration!

Txlawchick - how's today going?

pgray1229 - where are you?

Have a great Hump Day everybody - keep up the good work!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #173  

Good Evening everyone! Well, today is a better day. Just by posting about how I was feeling yesterday made me stop and think before I could go off plan. I journaled last night for the first time in months. I feel a lot better.

Kim (nibs), thanks for the positive thoughts. I hope you're doing okay.

Rose, thanks for the advice. I'm definitely going to try the things you suggested. In fact, your post caused me to have a light bulb moment. If I am going to make a commitment to getting healthy, I have to put myself first sometimes. I can't expect it to work, if all my energy is going to take care of everyone else. Seems simple, but I was too close to see it. I'm also guilty of wanting to be Super Mom That's an idea I have to let go!
Thanks for helping me "see the light."

Quest2BThin, great job on getting in that exercise time! Also congrats on the that 7.5lb. loss! Thanks for reminding me that treats are not an evil thing, lol. For too long I've had the mindset that in order to successfully lose weight I have to be starving and feeling deprived.

Hey pgray1229 and txlawchic, hope you're both are doing okay. Give us an update when you have the time.

Sending positive vibes out to everyone
Thanks for the support. You're all wonderful!

Vicki
Old 09-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #174  

Wow! You guys are inspirational! I was feeling so down yesterday about not doing the right thing as far as my slip ups, but today I feel better and, in particular, after reading what you've all been up to.
I'm bored, bored, bored.... that bears repeating. I've been doing WW for so long and not seeing results and then cheating/slipping off it and then I go to meetings and wonder why I'm not losing.
By the way, I don't ski or snowboard. I know I'd "kill" myself out there, I am not flexible and I've broken three bones in the last few years, all on my feet. I should check in for a bone density test, I guess, as I am menopausal. I do eat dairy (WW helps me with that, at least) and take a multivitamin and calcium, but I keep wondering if it's not helping enough. Gosh, If I went out there and tried to ski, I think I'd be in traction for 6 months!
I do need to find some way of keeping in control and also some kind of physical activity that I find enjoyable, again the boredom is really with me.
I get all pumped up and enthused and vow I'll be trying harder and "I'm back!!!!" at a meeting and then go home and by three days later, I'm cheating and being lazy.
You guys are helping, keep telling me what you are doing. I want to be able to report success to you all!
Linda
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #175  

One more thing.... just to report. I actually got brave and got on my scale here at home and it didn't go up, at least. Though, it surely didn't go down.
I skipped my WW meeting this week as I was fearful that I'd have a gain and I'm so sick of that part. I'll be able to face it now.
Isn't it silly to be afraid of getting on a scale in front of those people who weigh you in and finding an increase in weight. The fact that you were brave enough to drag yourself in there deserves a "high five" or something...
Linda
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 AM   #176  

I have so been there in the past Linda! That's what happened to me the last time I was on WW! I finally quit because I felt like I wasn't losing, I was bored and I was obsessed with food. I needed the break. Well the break lasted 7 years!!!! I put all that weight back on and then some. This time when I weighed in, I was at my all time high in weight. I do not want to be put into an extra large casket when I DIE an early death. This body I see is not the body I want nor should have.

I keep asking myself "How did I end up 47 (soon to be 48) years old, this big and this out of control???"

Keep your chin up and listen to other stories and find the incentive. To back to meetings. Find a new leader if you need to. It'll get better.

Today is WI. I'm feeling pretty bloated. Not sure what that is about. TOM was early last week. So we'll see what today brings.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #177  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Linda - it sounds like aikido is for you dearie. It is a martial art that uses your opponent's strength against him/her. The best part is it teaches you how to fall! I'll be trying it again after I've dropped about 30 more pounds

I think I'm finally learning patience. One thing I'm doing that's now WWery is weighing myself every day, and keeping track of my 5-day moving average. I do this because it's easy to lie to myself about "oh, I really didn't eat that much", and I want to see how things affect me. The last two days have had a 1/2 pound gain each day, and I've been really good staying within my points (I do eat my APs), getting in my exercise and water, and all those good things. In the past that would have really bummed me out, but for the first time it doesn't bother me. I know I'm doing the right things and eventually the scale will tell the tale when it's ready. Meanwhile, I keep doing the healthy thing for me (because when I don't it means at least a 20 lb gain) and trust in physics. Now off for a walk.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #178  

Hi guys, can't stop, just to let you know I'm online again - finally - and looks like loads of stuff, and new people to catch up with, I'll read later, but first things first - Melanie, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so glad you are both ok, take it easy, I'm sure you are learning that from the c-section. (I told my DH that it was against the law to do ironing for up to 6 weeks after having one - and he believed me! I told him the truth after a couple of weeks though, I couldn't bear to watch the pain from him any longer! hehe) Enjoy your little one, even the tired bits. And sleep does eventually return to your life, just takes a while thats all.
Take care, back very soon,
Old 09-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #179  

Oh, Linda, I can so relate to how you feel about seeing a gain when weighing in at the meetings! That is exactly what caused me to chuck it all when I was on WW the first time. It bothers me sometimes to think that if I hadn't quit I would probably be almost to my goal weight by now.

This time around I've made a promise to keep going no matter what the scale says. I know deep down that if I just stay OP and keep trudging along, eventually the scale will catch up. Its something I have to work on everyday. I've got to argue with that little old demon that tells me to grab a donut here or a hamburger there. The sneaky little booger just hasn't gone away yet and he knows all my weak spots by heart, LOL!

Linda, you can do it. I know you've probably heard that a million times, but the fact is that it is absolutely, positively TRUE. We all can do this. It isn't going to be easy and we will screw up sometimes, but if we just don't stop.... we'll reach goal. I'm sending you all the good vibes I can! I hope you have a great weekend and get back to those meetings. They help a lot!

Vicki
Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #180  

Thanks for the support.... I know I can do it, but will I put the time, effort, and strength into it all, finally, and make it work? I get so bummed out. I kind of blew it yesterday, but attribute it all to a super high points day and today I plan on being better. So far, I've been an angel.
I allowed myself peanut better on lite bread for breakfast today. That's a big deal for me, peanut butter is like a luxury food as it's so high in points. I skipped fruit with breakfast and figure if I give myself the luxury food, for once, maybe the cravings for other stuff will be better? Makes sense to me as I am not starving and fixating on what I can eat right now and It's very near lunch.
Weigh in is in two days... and I have about a dozen flex points left for the week, even after having a super high day yesterday. So, must be doing something right????
Dawny, welcome back, glad your move is over and you are unpacked enough to have your computer set up and on line. We have some very wonderful new members that are really encouraging!!!!!
Linda
Closed Thread