Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #136  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

As long as you keep the eating in check the exercise will come. I find I don't have the energy to do it but I kinda kick myself in the butt to do it because I have NO excuse. Especially on the days I'm off from work.

Keep up with eating OP and if you have time exercise if you don't ...don't beat yourself up over it.

Kim
Old 09-13-2006, 04:44 AM   #137  

Great news for me, weigh in went well and I lost a pound! I had gained this pound last week and now it's gone again. I hope to keep this up. This week, I don't know if I ate all the much different, but I did avoid Chinese food. I think the sodium or MSG is hard on my system.
I am meeting a friend and going walking this morning. I hope to keep up more exercise this week.
I decided to put a gold star on the calendar for each day I exercise, maybe seeing all the stars will motivate me a bit?
I need ideas for how to get my healthy oils in, any new and different ways?
Linda
Old 09-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

So far so good. I'm on day seven of my first "official" week of WW. 3 birthday cakes at the office and I can't believe that I wasn't even tempted. I had some good alternatives that sound and tasted good to me. I'm in awe as in the past that certainly would have been my downfall. I'm trying really, really hard to pre-plan, be rested and have a good mindset. I'll be checking in here and other threads to keep the momentum up.

Thanks guys for being here.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #139  

Rose! Great choices!
Just a reminder to all: 15 weeks until Christmas.... think of all the eating for Halloween and Thanksgiving in between... then there is New Year's right afterwards. We need to plan ahead!
Linda
Old 09-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 315/274/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I did it! I finally got off my big booty and exercised!
I am the world's worst for finding ways to avoid exercise, but today my dh suggested taking a walk and we ended up going a little over two miles! I know I will be sore and I know that this is just the first baby step but dang, it feels good to finally "Just Do It"! Also its my third week on the Wendie plan and I've lost 10 lbs. so far.

Vicki
Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #141  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Congrats Vicki, great NS victory getting off your butt...LOL and also on the 10 pounds on the Wendy Plan.

Hey, what's up Rose? How are things going?

I agree with you derry, it's time to start thinking about all those holidays and start planning for them. I don't know how I will handle Christmas and New Years but I will have a plan.

I wanted to exercise for 40 minutes when I got home tonight from work but I was extremely tired so I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical. But exercise it still was...Anyway better get off to bed. Another early morning and long day at work tomorrow.

TTYL
Kim
Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #142  

Vicki, I'm envious. I planned on walking with a friend yesterday and I waited around for her to call (called her twice, even) and she didn't call me. I ran out of time, and shouldn't have allowed someone else to determine my exercise and time for me, I guess. Sadly, I was really looking forward to having someone to walk with for a change, would have made the exercise more enjoyable. But, if it has to be solo, then I should just make it the first priority of the day and do it.
So, tell me about this Wendy plan.... think I heard about it before. Is it switching off between CORE and Flex plans every other day or something like that? Or, is it every other week?
Tell me more!
By the way, last year we had NO Trick or Treaters at this house! I live on a busy street and I guess it keeps kids from coming. So, I think that this year I will not buy candy at all, but get some snack sized bags of pretzels and popcorn to hand out if anyone shows up. I bought a few bags of candy last year and guess who ate them all!

Linda
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #143  

I'm nervous - it's weigh in day. I keep doing the self talk that no matter what the scales say, it's all about a lifetime change and improving myself. It's just been so long since I've been committed to weight loss for this long (since 8-23) and stuck with it.

I'm buying snack popcorn packs myself derry - I coupon like crazy so I can get boxes for about .50 to .80 a box - we didn't get many trick or treaters last year either but we're toward the end of a dead end street too - Candy always becomes my downfall
Old 09-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #144  

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!! 4 3/4 POUNDS!!!!! YEA!!!!!!! What a great start and much, much better than I expected. It worked, it worked!!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #145  

Sorry your friend let you down Linda. I have tried finding a workout buddy in the past, but couldn't find anyone who had the same schedule as me. I only exercise with my DH occasionally. He has to slow way down to keep at my pace and it makes me self-conscious. He eats everything and never gains. It must be from all the physical training he did while in the military.

This post explains the Wendie Plan better than I could : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60078
I am in the 31 point range right now. My Super High Day (you'll understand after you read the post) is on Friday because that's when my morning weigh-in at WW is. I've found this version of the WW plan very easy to follow and sort of freeing in a way. I don't feel hungry at all, even on the lower point days. I also no longer feel like I have to deny myself an occasional goody. I just save the goodies for Friday. For me a goody might be an extra piece of dark chocolate pumpkin cake with some fat free cool whip before bed, though. I can't go for anything full fat or any type of fast food on my SHD or I'll fall off plan big time.

Its strange about the Halloween thing, isn't it. We didn't have any around where I live either last year. I guess parents are being more cautious because of all the craziness in the world these days. I do hate seeing the big bags of candy. I have a weakness for M&Ms and the mini candy bars like Snickers and Three Musketeers

Vicki
Old 09-15-2006, 06:44 AM   #146  

Good morning people!
I'm a bit worried today as I am having lunch with my cousin and my sister, will I be too tempted and stray, or will I behave? I have got to try!
I was on my treadmill for over a half hour yesterday, and will try to get in at least 20 minutes before heading out of town.
Breakfast was 2 point instant plain oatmeal and an apple. 3 points to start the day.
Linda
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #147  

Good luck Linda with lunch! Do you know where you are going? Can you plan what you will get ahead of time and figure out how many points you are willing to spend? The other thing I do is to plan ahead and eat some protein before I go to take the "starvation mode" off. Some tuna, cheese, oatmeal, anything that will help that starving feeling.

Vicki - that sounds like a great plan to have your extra points right after weigh in. As long as you don't overdo it and that gives you license to not care the rest of the week. Chocolate pumpkin cake? that sounds yummy - is that recipe here somewhere?

Nibs? How's the week going? When's your WI?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #148  

Oh, you better believe I don't overdo it, LOL! I learned that lesson my last go around with WW. I don't over indulge in fatty or high sugar foods. I try to keep my extra point choices mostly fruit and veggies with a few low fat treats here and there. I've figured out that anything high in sugar and fat will send me on a binge. Its strange, but sugar seems to increase my appetite.

The Dark Chocolate Pumpkin cake is partly from a recipe I found on another WW board and partly my own creation.

Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 box of choc cake mix (not the pudding in the mix kind)
1 15 oz can of pumpkin (just pumpkin, not the type containing pumpkin spice)
1/2 Cup of water

mix together, it will be stiffer than normal so you may need to use a handmixer. Spray 13 x 9 glass pan with pam and spread cake mixture evenly into pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center of cake clean. Cut into 12 pieces, 1 point per piece...top with fat free Cool Whip and enjoy!
freezes nicely

I made it dark chocolate by choosing the Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix by Duncan Hines. I also used a standard 13x9 nonstick cake pan instead of the glass dish and it came out just great. The cake is extremely moist and a little fat free Cool Whip makes it the most heavenly dessert! My DH and my kids beg for this cake. I tried it with Spice Cake mix and it was just as yummy. I bet it would work with carrot cake mix, too.

Vicki

Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #149  

Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe Vicki!!!! I had an awesome Raspberry Soda Cake at meeting yesterday that was 2 pts - it was a celebration of a 100 lb loss for one of the members. It was so inspiring to see that celebration as I have never seen someone actually lose 100 lbs at a meeting.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #150  

Ooooh! That chocolate pumpkin cake sounds really yummy! I've heard of that cake before and will have to try it.
Well, I didn't obey the "rules" today, but it was a tough day for sure. I don't feel guilty, though. I read about the Wendy Plan on 3FC and I am enthralled and totally agree with the philosophy behind it. In celebration, I decided today would be my very high point day, tomorrow I will behave and be a low point day person.
I copied the points range for me below:
POINTS TARGET - 22 (Weigh 150 -174 lbs)
Day 1 - 22 points
Day 2 - 27 points
Day 3 - 23 points
Day 4 - 37 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 22 points
Day 6 - 26 points
Day 7 - 24 points
When I read the write up about the Wendy plan, a lightbulb went off in my head and I said "Oh, that's me" when I read the thing about how this woman was a good points and journalling person and was doing eveything right but on this horribly long plateau. I can so identify. I have gained and lost about the same 4 or 5 pounds for months... I'm really discouraged and sick of it. WW people kind of give me "the look" when I re-gain that same stupid pound back and fourth as if I am not doing it all right, and I truly am most of the time.
So, I think I should try this for a change and just see if it helps. Why not? I've been doing the flex plan for ages and I am not seeing the results I would like to see. If I try this for a few weeks, and it doesn't work, well I will know.
Linda
Closed Thread