Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #1  

Unhappy Question :-(

I have just started WW for the first time yesterday. I'm supposed to stay in the point range between 18-23. Yesterday I ate 23.5 and earned 3 activity points. Today I ate 25 and earned 2 activity points. I was wondering if I could still lose weight from going over like I am. I had the intentions of only having used 20 points by the end of each day. I'm so afraid I'm going to gain from going over.

Also, since I started WW, I have been snacking all day (on fruits) and eating so many different things, it makes me feel like I'm eating way too much. Does anyone feel this way? This is what I ate today, is it too much?

11:00 3 rice cakes .5
11:45 mozzerella cheese stick 1
2oz grilled chicken 2
1:15 grilled tilapia (fish) 2
baked potato 1
2 tbsp light sour cream 1
stir-fried broccoli veg mix 0
1 tbsp terriyaki sauce 1
1:45 3 rice cakes .5
3:45 9 rice cakes 1.5
6:45 4oz grilled chicken 4
1 slice turkey-ham 1
1oz swiss cheese 3
stir-fried veggies 0
1 tbsp terriyaki sauce 1
baked potato 1
sauteed mushrooms 0
2 tbsp smart balance butter 2
10:30 kashi trail mix granola bar 2

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Heather

Start Weight: 152
WW Start Weight: 147
Mini-Goal: 137
Goal Weight: 120
Old 03-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi Heather,
Your doing just fine, I know it seems like alot but if it is your range you can still lose weight, I know I was amazed that I dropped weight almost every week eating things I really enjoy, keep up the great work, it will pay off
Old 03-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Heather22
I have just started WW for the first time yesterday. I'm supposed to stay in the point range between 18-23. Yesterday I ate 23.5 and earned 3 activity points. Today I ate 25 and earned 2 activity points. I was wondering if I could still lose weight from going over like I am. I had the intentions of only having used 20 points by the end of each day. I'm so afraid I'm going to gain from going over.
First of all W/W revised their program and due to research decided that 18 points is way to low for anyone to sustain really. So they upped the bare minimum to 2 points above that. Secondly if you earned 3 points on one day and still used a range (which W/W doesn't any more) that would give you 26 from your range and 27 from the new program (if you divided the FLEX POINTS <which is really the difference in the daily ranges x 7 days a week> over the course of the week). So don't stick to the bare minimum. The more you eat during your weight loss the more you'll have at maintenance, the less chance you'll feel like you are dieting on maintenance and quit. Besides the majority of people actually lose more consistently when they eat all the points they are allowed. Remember that if you are doing ranges you can carry over what you don't use for use the rest of the week (ie, why the new system gives it all up front for us to use as we see fit).

[QUOTE=Sweet_Heather22Also, since I started WW, I have been snacking all day (on fruits) and eating so many different things, it makes me feel like I'm eating way too much. Does anyone feel this way? This is what I ate today, is it too much?

11:00 3 rice cakes .5
11:45 mozzerella cheese stick 1
2oz grilled chicken 2
1:15 grilled tilapia (fish) 2
baked potato 1
stir-fried broccoli veg mix 0
1 tbsp terriyaki sauce 1
1:45 3 rice cakes .5
3:45 9 rice cakes 1.5
6:45 4oz grilled chicken 4
1 slice turkey-ham 1
1oz swiss cheese 3
stir-fried veggies 0
1 tbsp terriyaki sauce 1
baked potato 1
sauteed mushrooms 0
2 tbsp smart balance butter 2
10:30 kashi trail mix granola bar 2[/quote]

Where is your 2 healthy oils a day? I only see about a total of 1 dairy in there too?

Do you have the 8 Great Health Guidelines? The PointsPies? These will help you.

While you feel you are eating all the time you are still getting in less calories than before.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

I just started and felt like I was eating too much, too. Of course, I get 33 points a day + the 35 flex so that is a lot. The first weeked (after the first week) I thought I had ate really crazily but when I added it all up I was still w/in my points range + flex. I lost 5 lbs last week even though I had eaten like a big sub sandwich and a whopper that weekend.

Kelly--I always have a problem getting my healthy oils in, too. Do you have any tips or ideas on getting them in?

I dont have a problem getting my dairy because I'm a vegetarian (ovo-lacto) and we vegetarians LOVE our cheese, yogurt and the like
Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletSwerve
Kelly--I always have a problem getting my healthy oils in, too. Do you have any tips or ideas on getting them in?
I find it funny because we all say "I have a problem with getting in my healthy oils" but we never had a problem with oil before we started. LOL!

1) cook with it - sautee veggies for omelets, sautee veggies for use in your recipes, stirfry veggies and meat, roast veggies with it

2) use in in salad dressings - make homemade dressings with it, or add to your favorite fat free dressing (or if you don't like fat free dressings try adding it to that it cuts down on the sweetness, extends the dressing some and makes it stick to your greens)

3) drizzle over your steamed veggies
Old 03-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #6  
Amy

Quote:
I find it funny because we all say "I have a problem with getting in my healthy oils" but we never had a problem with oil before we started. LOL!
Ha! You are SO right! I guess it just seems wrong to be eating oils on a food plan

Hey, do you know if like a vinagrette dressing counts by itself, or would you need to add it to it? My sister buys this dressing that is like a greek vinagrette and its the same points value for 2 T as light Ranch and I think I like it better so I hope it counts. *crossing my fingers*
Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #7  

I am taking fish oil supplements everyday. So I am getting my oils in and I use olive oil in my stirfry sometimes.

I don't think I've seen the 8 Great Health Guidelines or the PointsPies.

Heather
Old 03-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
I am taking fish oil supplements everyday.
While these are healthy oils they do not official by W/W stances count towards your healthy oils.

Quote:
I don't think I've seen the 8 Great Health Guidelines or the PointsPies.
8 Great Health Guidelines

For onlines here is how to get to them:

You may visit the Web site and read 8 Great Health Guidelines. After you log in, it can be found in the Select a Resource dropdown menu located in the Shortcuts toolbar on the left hand side of the page. Click on Weight Loss Topics of the Week in the My Plan section of the dropdown menu. On the next page you will see the View Topics Archive link in the box on the upper right side of the page. Click the link to be brought to the topics archive. 8 Great Health Guidelines is the first first link on the archive list.

For e-tools and meeting people it is page 34 in your Week 1 booklet.

1) Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day (in general 1 serving is 1/2 a cup except for 100% juices where it is 3/4 cup or leafy veggies where it is 1 cup).

2) Choose whole-grain foods such as brown rice, oats whenever possible.

3) Include 2 servings of milk products (which in addition to 1 cup of milk is: 16 fl oz unsweetened cappuccino, 2 cups cottage cheese, 1 1/2 oz hard (think parmeasan) or semi-soft (think American) cheese, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, 1 packet reduced calorie dairy shake, 12 fl oz unsweetened latte, 12 fl oz fast food milk shake, 1 cup fat-free sugar-free made with skim milk pudding, 1 cup yogurt or 1 serving W/W smoothie)...3 servings if you are a teen or over 50.

4) 2 tsp healthy oils (such as canola, olive, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed)

5) Ensure you get enough protein

6) Limit sugar and alcohol

7) Drink at least 6 glasses of water (8 ounce glasses and 1/2 of those can be decaff, no alcohol beverages such as juice or milk)

8) Take a multi-vitamin daily

Points Pies

Balanced (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8-9 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 6-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day
Milk and Milk Products – 4-6 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Protein (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 5-6 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 9-11 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-1 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-4 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Carb (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 9-10 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 5-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 1-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 1-2 points a day

20-28 points a day

-----

Balanced (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 11 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 10 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 3-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Protein (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 12 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 4-5 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Carb (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 13 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 8 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 3 points a day

30-34 points a day
Old 03-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletSwerve
Hey, do you know if like a vinagrette dressing counts by itself, or would you need to add it to it? My sister buys this dressing that is like a greek vinagrette and its the same points value for 2 T as light Ranch and I think I like it better so I hope it counts. *crossing my fingers*
Only if it is made with one of the healthy oils which is canola, olive oil, safflower, sunflower or fax.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #10  
Amy

Arg! I should've figured! Dang!
Closed Thread