3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Let's Track together .... (get and share ideas) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/77477-lets-track-together-get-share-ideas.html)

morrigan 04-13-2006 03:26 PM

Chris just pulled Jane out of her daycare and into one that only serves healthy food. And the treat thing is already that way. They get junk at my mom's and grandma's only. The problem is that they spend as much (or more) time at my mom's and grandma's than they do at home. And my kids are the same way. They know that at home we eat oatmeal or cheerios, but at my grandma's they get frosted flakes and at my mom's they get even more goodies. Sometimes I look at my eating habits and think - well if I hadn't grown up in a house that had such bad habits, maybe I wouldn't be where I am now weight wise.

Chrissy1175 04-14-2006 01:00 AM

Ok...this evening I did something wonderful....I talked myself into walking on the treadmill while I watched tv. I was only going to go for 30 minutes but at 30 minutes i decided to go for 5 more...and then 5 more and then 5 more until I got up to 60 minutes.... :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I actually walked/jogged for 60 minutes!!! YEA!!! I feel so good right now...other than really needing a shower... Just had to share that with someone... Have a good night!

morrigan 04-14-2006 11:43 AM

Good Job - I wish I had a treadmill. I am too worried about the kids getting in trouble with it. Maybe when they are older.

Crazy morning - I woke up about an hour and a half later than I usually do for work.

Breakfast: Latte (2) and kids bagel leftovers (3)
Lunch: Salad (0), dressing (2), oranges (1), almonds (1), Chicken (2)

Snack:1/2 bagel (3), wine (2), crackers (1), tofu (4)

21 points so far today and quite the snack - I was starving. I forgot my very important rule of having something to eat on my way home from work so I am not starving when I actually get home.

Dinner:

buffalosister1 04-14-2006 11:48 AM

Hi all. Some of you may see that I have not been posting lately. Morrigan, we talked about not doing well, and that is when we tend to not post. Well, such is the case. I am having PROBLEMS!!! Don't know what happened. So, I don't have much to say today. I just felt like I needed to confess. So, I did. I also did to my hubby last night. I think he is even worried that I am going to put the weight back on that I have taken off. I still have at least 30 more to lose. Anyway, I am crunched for time. I will go back and read everything since my last post and write more at a later time. Don't know when I will find time. This weekend is crazy (again)!!! I will say that I weighed in Tuesday after my Vegas girls' trip and I only gained .4. That was good news. I have just done SO bad since then. I did have my 3pt oatmeal for breakfast. I will try to post later today if I have time. --Amy

morrigan 04-14-2006 06:22 PM

I have been very deliberate about counting points, even on the 60 points days - so even if I have been off program I can at least be accountable for it. I figure that being accountable for bad behavior is better than not being accountable at all.

At any rate - glad your back Amy.

And as we all need to remember. We can't do this until we lose weight. To keep the weight off permanently we will be doing WW for the rest of our lives. Hopefully we will be able to move down to the maintenance page before spending to much dinero.

buffalosister1 04-15-2006 11:48 AM

Hi everyone. Ok, I just went in and read everything I missed aftern not checking in for those several days. I was intending to journal on paper and here starting yesterday, but failed again. I was busy all day though. I hit the gym for 45minutes, then went and cleaned my grandmother's house for Easter. Then, I came home and started cleaning because I was having girls over at 6:30 for a night of scrap booking. I was moving, moving, moving. However, I made a "trail mix" to snack on for everyone and ate lots of it as I walked by it in the kitchen. And, it was in no way healthy. It had M&Ms, peanut butter chips, chinease noodles, and peanuts. It is a candy bar in a loose form. Could not even guess the points. For dinner, I had the appetizers that I prepaired for everyone. This consisted of little smokies in reduced fat croissant rolls, seven layer dip, and a few chunks of beer bread with spinach dip. Oh, and I had more "trail mix." I did use ff or low fat on all I could. Seven layer dip had ff sour cream, vegetarian refried beans, and 2% cheese. Spicnach dip was light mayo and ff sour cream. The chips I dipped were the tostitos light. This morning, I have had two more bites of "trail mix" and four bites of my kids' waffles. Gosh!!! what is my problem????? I am going to say that I have had 4 point this morning. I am going to stay within points today. That is IT!!!!!!!! I have come too darn far to flunk out now. WW is healthy, makes me happy, and I do NOT feal deprived when on it. I just need to keep it at the front of my mind. Ok......phew........I guess I feel a bit better now. I am 5 pounds away from getting my 10% at WW. I lost the first chunk of weight before I joined. My new goal.........is to loose those 5 pounds and get my key chain by May 9th. I am sure I gained 2lbs this week. So, I may be stretching it. But I will try. Wish me luck. I will check in tomorrow. Thanks for listening. ---Amy

morrigan 04-15-2006 12:15 PM

Now you just whip out Dotties favorite quote

ONE DAY AT A TIME, NO GUILT & MOVE ON

Chrissy1175 04-15-2006 01:10 PM

Morrigan...you've got the right attitude. I also try to keep track of my points...even on days when I know that I went way over what I should have. I also make myself go to my weekly meetings every week even on weeks I know I've gained. Before I would have skipped whose weeks so I didn't have to admit I gained. I find that going when I know I've gone over my points and probably gained gives me the motivation I need to be better OP the next week. You're right, morriagan...it's all about attitude. Just my two cents....

Here's what I've had today...nothing so far. I had a late night so I slept way late this morning. One of the few things that is nice about not having a family yet. No one is relying on me to do anything in the morning....

Here's what I'm planning on having today...
10 oz water 0 pt
no breakfast
16 oz water 0 pt
salad with ff dressing - 1 pt
orange (large) - 2 pt
16 oz water 0 pt

Not sure what else....I just feel like I'm gonna eat too much today...usually do when I don't have a plan. :D Wish me luck.

morrigan 04-15-2006 10:31 PM

My problem before on WW was if I skipped one meeting, then I would skip two, and pretty soon, no more WW.

Today we had our town Easter Egg hunt and then lunch at my parents for all the cousins and friends.

I figured I had 19-21 points through the course of an all day eating bonanza.
I had oatmeal with berries for breakfast (3), and some creamer - even though I said I was giving it up (2). For lunch 2 bowls of ministrone (6), some lunch meat (4). Dad had sandwich fixings. I made a sandwich with the lettuce as the bread layer and stuffed some tomato, onion, and roast beef between the layers of lettuce. Oh, and wine (4).

Someone finally commented on my weight loss. A friend I hadn't seen in the three months since I started. Of course, she is a really observant person, so I figured if no one noticed before I saw Cori, that she would notice.

Then at home I had salad and roast chicken for dinner (5). So 24 points for the day.

Tomorrow is the big family easter "brunch" at my parents. I think that calling it a brunch is just an excuse to start eating earlier, since they are serving up the normal dinner food of ham and scalloped potatoes at 11:00 am.

So 24 points for the day - which is a far sight better than most of the week. I just found out that my mom scheduled a Dr. appt during our WW meeting this week, so I have to find a babysitter.

- oh - and I went for a walk this evening. 2 miles.

buffalosister1 04-16-2006 12:10 AM

Howdy howdy. Had a better day today. I counted my morning as 3pts. I think I am pretty accurate on that. Lunch was 3 chicken street tacos from Rubios (no guac) and a 4oz pinto beans. That was a total of 8pts. Came home and had some tostitos light chips 3. Then for dinner, had a panda bowl from Panda express. White rice, mandarin chicken (no sauce) and mixed vegetables. I think that was around 10. Puts me right about where I should be. I am not too worried about tomorrow. We go to my grandmothers for our Easter celebration. Ham, potatoe salad (I'll skip that), pickled eggs, jello salad. I should be ok. My favorite is the ham, and I will weigh it. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement from Morrigan and Chrissy. I know I just hit a bump in the road but feel ok about it. Have a fantastic day tomorrow. Will check in then. --Amy

morrigan 04-16-2006 12:00 PM

Big Easter Thing today.. The kids liked their basket. Heck, at this rate they will probably start writing a list to the Easter Bunny like Santa. My mom got their baskets - only 1 chocolate bunny per kid and no candy.

Breakfast: oatbran with berries (3), creamer (1), egg whites (1)

The good thing about not eating like usual at Easter, is that I am just about the only one left standing. Everyone else is just laying back holding their belly and groaning - with the exception of kids who are already hungry again.

I had salmon (4), prawns (3), ham (2), potatoes (1), scones (6), bites of other peoples desserts (2), fruit (2), milk (2), and salad (3), for a total of 30 points today - and not yet to dinner.

On the other hand, I skipped seconds on really good ham, sauce on the poached salmon, scalloped potatoes, butter and jam on the scones, champagne, cocoa with frangelico, Bailey's cheesecake, brownies, cranberry bliss bars, bread pudding made from crossaints, bunny cake with homemade marshmallow frosting, sausage, a sausage-egg-and cheese bench, and assorted easter candy.

I am guessing a typical easter would have run me 80-100 points pre WW.

Oh, and my aunt Rose said that although she can't tell that I have lost any weight, that she is very proud of me for losing 25 lbs. Don't you love compliments like that?

Add in shrimp salad, whole wheat bread, and wine for dinner and I have 39 points for the day. This means that for the week I had 203 points, using up exactly all of my extra points. And I only exercised once.

Chrissy1175 04-16-2006 04:56 PM

Happy Easter Girls!!! I hope all is well on this beautiful day...well it's beautiful here anyway. ;)

I usually WI on Sundays being that today is Easter and we didn't have our meeting I don't have an official WI. BUT....I weighed on my home scale and it was down to 198.8!! :carrot: :carrot: I'm so excited. I'm below 200!!! And you won't believe what I did....I look a picture of the scale. :D I'm keeping a scrapbook of my weight loss and I wanted to be able to keep that memory (like I'd forget that feeling or something :D )

Here's the break down of my day:

no breakfast
ham - 6 pt
spinach & strawberry salad - 2 pt
fruit salad - 2 pt
broccoli and cheese cassarole - 4 pt
chocolate cheesecake (oh so good) 1/4 piece - 2 pt
lemon tartletts - 4 pt
Lots of water

20 pts on the day....so far...guess i'm drinking water and dt coke when I go out tonight and having salad for dinner. I'd be upset with myself with that but it was SO worth it. :)

Hope everyone's day is going well.

morrigan 04-16-2006 05:28 PM

Good Job - that is a great benchmark!

snowgal 04-16-2006 06:12 PM

Easter - Ugh!

I knew today would be hard, but I didn't htink it would be THIS hard!

We have everyone over at our house for Easter and I've been doing my best to stay out of the kitchen and dining room, but that means I probably look anti-social because that's where everyone is - with the FOOD. I can't win.

I skipped breakfast thinking that would help me, but it's actually hurting because I'm so hungry now. I know I've eaten more than I should have, and we haven't even had dinner yet.

So far today I've had about 1/3 of a 12oz skim milk latte - Giving it 1pt
Banana - 2pt
WW crackers (about 10) - 4pt
Some lean turkey, turkey sausage, cheese, salmon spread & prawns - ???pt

I have no clue on where I'm at with my points. <sigh> I'm guessing that my crackers and stuff work out to about 10pts. That would leave me with 9pts for Easter dinner. There's no way I can eat Easter dinner within 9pts. I haven't used any flex-points this week, so I have them to use, but I weigh-in on Tuesday and I don't think I'll have enough time to work off all that I will put on today.

I weighed myself yesterday and I was down 2.1 lbs. I don't want to mess that up! I HATE this! I'm so worried about food that I'm getting no joy out of this holiday at all. It really sucks.

buffalosister1 04-17-2006 02:53 PM

Ah.....Easter is over. One might think that it should mean no more celebratory eating. And, it should. But for some reason I am eating like there is not tomorrow.

Breakfast
oatmeal 3pts

lunch
snacked on cheetos 4
hand full of my trail mix 2
tuna salad 6

Ugh.

Ok, so after I send this I am cleaning out my kitchen. All left overs including the "trail mix" and chips etc will be thrown away. I told hubby I was doing so. He is VERY supportive. We were trying to figure out why I am on a binge. We compared it to gas prices. Paying $2.30/gal doesn't feel too bad after paying $3.00/gal last summer. For me, weighing 192 and wearing size 16 misses feels great after weighing 233 and wearing size 20 womens. I am going to clean kitchen as I said and write out a menu including all snacks and desserts to begin after weigh in tomorrow. Any other suggestions??? I am NOT giving up EVER!!!!!!