Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 10:12 PM   #1  

Default Winning Points Or WW 123

Hi
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is still doing the WW 123 Success of unlimited fiber??When they came out with the new winning points,I never changed over.It seems like most people are doing the winning points,but I like the Older one its hard enough staying within your point range,let alone taking away 2 points.I would love to hear all your input on the 2.Do You think changing The Program could just be a Money Making Deal?
Old 07-18-2001, 08:20 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I stareted 123 a few years back and I tried the winning points when it came out. I am a high fiber eater, lots of beans, cereals and whole foods. I ended up giving up meat after a while. I do still eat it, but it is a rare occation.... Anyway, because I eat high fiber, my points were lowered for the anount of food I could eat. I lost 35 lbs on 123. When I had to recalculate for the winning points fiber cap i found that some of my foods climbed in points. It took me a while to figure out why I was so hungry and why I was binging. It was because I was getting less food and fewer points on the top end. The fiber cap made it difficult for me to take in the calories that I needed and the amount of food. Winning points may not affet those that do not eat a high fiber diet.... but my friend who have done both agree that the cap has made the winning points very difficult.

I do hope this helps Brenda.
Old 07-20-2001, 04:30 PM   #3  

Default Is it really winning????

I've been also having trouble with the design of Winning Points. I too eat lots of high fiber foods rather than processed ones & I get charged extra for it.

Why is brown rice & white rice both 4 points. I just can't bring myself to count points for onions and carrots. What is really irritating is when I'm not doing well someone will pipe up "mabie you should count your carrots & onions". RHHHRRRRGGGHH!

One leader had an interesting comment. If if worked B4 it will still work, but if it's not try Winning Points to have better success at weight loss.

Keep going - anyway!
Old 07-20-2001, 05:51 PM   #4  

Default What Program

Hi
Thanks on the Replies.So are You both doing the Older Version(unlimited fiber)or the winning points?
Old 07-21-2001, 12:03 PM   #5  

Default 123 Success

I reached goal on 123 Success, so I've stayed with it. I don't think I over due on the fiber and never did. Dr. wants me to eat lots of fiber for chol. I don't count carrots or onions, who eats that many any way. I'm finding it very hard to maintain my goal but that has nothing to do with either program. Just as we age, the harder it gets.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:24 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

What I did was pick the aspects of both that worked for me. I never did an 'unlimited' amount of fiber I always capped it at 5 grams. Remember the calories count - calories in - calories out = weight loss/gain. So if something is 130 cal/0 fat/10 fiber it's going to show 0 or 1 point but that's alot of calories for 1 point. I'd count it as two.

As for the points for carrots and onions. I didn't get fat eating those items so I don't count them. I never over did them either...some people were eating 2 pound of baby carrots a day and counting them as zero. Well guess what they were getting a heck of alot of calories for zero points. Again it is calories in - calories out - weight loss/gain.

I eat Uncle Ben's Converted Rice made without butter or margarine and it is 3 points a cup based on calories/fat/fiber. That is who the brown rice and white rice (*in general*) show 4 points per cup. Brown rice is better for you because it is close to a 'whole food' rather than striped of the fiber as white rice is.

As for the loss of 2 points it was more to encourage you to earn them back with some activity. You get to add all activity points unlike 1-2-3 where you had to earn the first 2 points each day before you could add those actiivty points for food. So nothing really changed there. I still use the higher point ranges and follow the earn 2 points before I can exchange the points.

Now to answer the "money making" question! NO I DO NOT THINK SO. The changes were made because some weren't losing as fast or at all, some were abusing the fiber vs calories and new research. These are the reason the program keeps evolving each year. If it didn't change we'd still be eating 5 meals of fish and 2 of liver each week.

fruitface's leader made a good comment....basically if it ain't broken for you don't fix it but if it is broken try the new program or do what I did and look at yourself and both programs and combine what you need especially since the programs really didn't change that much.
Old 07-21-2001, 10:46 PM   #7  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Wink Don't worry about the Carrots!!!

My leader commented one day

"Do you think anyone got fat eating carrots!!!"

That made us all think, so I wouldn't really worry about your carrots or onions. I don't count them either!

Last edited by Jilly's Mom; 07-21-2001 at 10:49 PM.
Closed Thread