Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #91  
barb

Height: 5'7

Stagemom and angel eyes way to go. Libbys mom just drink that water and you should be ok. Just remind yourself that you did do good regradless cuz you stayed within your point range. I am doing so well it is freaking me out. I hope this is sit for me. I ran even furter today. Man what an intense workout. That totally makes me focuse cuz I worked so dangf hard it is not worth The bad eating. What work out are you all doing. I think I missed something? Is Jillian from the biggest loser ? I may have to look into this better. Angel eyes ,How long have you been lifting? Molly hang in there, we are only human. take one day at a time
Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #92  

Angel-eyes-WOW 700 calories...that is what I really need to get into...running and stepping up the pace a bit...I think I will get Jillian's Book. I have been reading the thread over there on the BL forum and saw the thing about the heart rate monitor..I may have to look into that as well. Thanks for the mention about the sugar in the food..I never even thought about that...thanks again...downing the H20 as we speak! Great job on the exercise!

Angie-Awesome job on the hr of workout!

Stagemom-Congrats on the loss...awesome job!

Well the girls here at work wanted to buy me lunch today so I got a grilled chicken salad with low fat dressing...thinking that was a good choice. I figured the pts though and still have very little for dinner..thats ok though I will eat a bunch of veggies. I have these chicken breasts from Swann's that are 2 pts...isnt that awesome? Makes for a low pt dinner!!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #93  
barb

Height: 5'7

Sorry guys on my typos I stink at this comp thing. In time I may get better. GOOD LUCK TODAY
Old 12-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #94  

DJsmommy-I think we were posting at the same time...great job on the exercise. If you go to the Biggest Loser thread they have a forum started on Jillian Michael's new book she put out..she is one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser. It looks really interesting. I work out at a gym 5-6 days a week doing 30-45 min of cardio and weights...I was working with a trainer but it just got to be too much money, but now I know what I need to do.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #95  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

ladies i jsut want to say you are all doing fabulous marcie good luck at weigh in tomorrow i hope your weight is down in the morning mcdonalds blows me up something fierce something else i ahve learned i love subway but, cant eat it the day before weigh in or i hold water really bad day before weigh i usually eat a ton of veggies and bocca burgers they have one that is flame grilled and it just bout taste like burger king burger but, its one pt a pattie i love them

keep it up girl we can do this
Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #96  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Libbysmom!! I've just sort of felt I was 'coasting' through the last few weeks and needed to take it to the next level. After Jillians workout, I always did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. I set it at incline 5 and speed 3.8 and that was my thing. I've lost only a few pounds in the last 3 weeks (although I had bronchitis and working out was difficult, coughing and all) but still !!! After watching TBL on Tuesday night, I thought I needed a push to get the scale going downward again. I was also thinking that I didn't want to ONLY be back peddling and come January not to lose any more weight. Believe me....I WAS SHOCKED to see how many calories I had burned and will definitely push myself into doing THAT AGAIN!!!

djmommy......Yes, I am doing Jillian Michaels program from her book "winning by losing". It is a great book and well worth the read. Her biggest idea, is that in order to burn more calories, you need to build more muscle. You won't get "hulk style" muscles but a definite tone and strengthening to them. You won't believe you have any muscles under the flab....BUT YOU DO!!! hehe, it takes a bit of work is all. The other thing she believes in, is that you need to excercise/weight lift at your maximum heart rate. (hence the heart rate monitor)....its that heart raising that puts you into more fat burn and caloric expenditure. Something like that, she says it much better though!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #97  
Exercise Queen

Hey all, I'm just enjoying my afternoon coffee and watching the snow fall outside. It's just little flurries that are not sticking to anything thank goodness. We have to go out tonight for rehearsal so hopefully this will be as bad as the storm gets! So far so good on the eating today, I'm trying to be a little conservative because I'm making Spinach Baked Mac & Cheese tonight. I'm using low fat cheese and whole wheat pasta, but I'm not sure yet how many calories a serving is going to be.

I hope everyone is having a fit day!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #98  

Michelle-Oh how cool..snow...we don't see that stuff down here in LA!! What kind of rehearsal do you have?

Angie-Thanks for the kind words...on my 4th 20 oz bottle of water so chugging away.

Angel-eyes-Think I might step it up today too..thanks for inspiring me!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #99  
Exercise Queen

Well it's bigger flakes that look like they intend to stick around now. The kids and I are in a community theater production of Beauty and the Beast, and we are suppose to have rehearsal tonight. My only hope now is that it is snowing this hard everywhere and that rehearsal will be cancelled. I hate driving in the snow!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #100  
huntersmommy

i dont blame you i hated driving in the snow when i lived in ohio if you went to rehearsal hope it well how neat beauty and the beast my lil guy likes that movie
marcie good luck today on weigh in

I'm a big believe in exercise I got in a hour workout yesterday I wanted to do more but , just didnt have enough time in the day but, I am seeing such a huge difference in my body I have been doing this workout with leslie sansone for about a month I think and I could tell a difference the first weeek

I want to get the biggest loser workout video when it comes out I love to shake it up some looking for another video to add to my daily routine :0

everyone have a great day and stay on plan we can do this girls we can stay on plan and make it through the weekend

Drink that water stay on plan and move

Here we come world watch out
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #101  
huntersmommy

for those of you girls that are interested on www.overstock.com this morning i found the biggest loser vol 1 that is to be released dec 20th on sale for 9.69 and then shipping was 1.40 just wanted to share I believe i'll be getting a copy i think there are 6 different workouts on it I will have to go back and read it again. we all know how great everyone looks after being on biggest loser must be a really great workout video
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #102  
huntersmommy

okay i just preordered it from there that is my xmas gift to met his year
Old 12-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #103  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning! Lots of snow here! I'm suppose to go out with friends tonight, but we'll see what happens since the roads are not good right now.

We have a family party on Sunday, and there will be lots of yummy food and treats to try to pick and choose my way through. Plus all that fun emotional baggage that comes along with family gatherings. I plan on an extra cardio workout before the party to remind myself what my goals are and to keep me focused.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #104  
huntersmommy

michelle just keep your eye on your goal visualize yourself being at that goal and dont let the family get to you and cause that wonderful emotional eating that i am definitely good at but, ya got to take a step back and look at that food and think do i really want to do that to my body to me. I am worth it I can do this I dont need to eat that junk.

good for you on working out

i just got done doing 1 hour workout with leslie sansone 2 videos
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #105  
Exercise Queen

The thing with my family, it's my mom's side, is that to my mom and her sisters being overweight is equal to "bad." All of my cousins, well the female ones, struggle with our weight. Some more than others, but it's all of us. If you are down in weight you are praised and held up as "the example" for everyone else. I know that since I have been working out and have lost weight that my aunts will make a big deal about it in front of their daughters who haven't. I really wish that weight was not such a focus for them. I know it comes from my Grandma, the woman who the day after I gave birth told me I should go buy some Dexitrim. I just hate that it makes it feel like their love is so conditional, like when you are thinner you are worthy of more love, than when you are not.

Wow this got long! I'm just rambling, it helps just to put it out there and be aware of it.
Closed Thread