Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life, week of October 17, 2005

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Boulder where the high will be 78 today.

Whomped but surviving. Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great start to the week.

My goal this week is to make strides towards water consumption and start making mindful choices to make these part of my daily routine, not newsworthy events.

Have a fabulous monday. I'll talk to you all later.

lala
Old 10-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

lala, boy do you travel a lot. How was DC? Boulder is supposed to be nice. I've been to Denver many times, but not to Boulder. I had two OP days this weekend; just need to keep it up.

Pam, DH and I will be in RI Thursday to Sunday. The marathon is on Saturday. I just hope it doesn't rain; DH doesn't mind running in the rain, but I mind standing in it! We are planning to see the mansions on Friday. I also want to take the Cliff Walk.

Well, this weekend was pretty busy. A friend had back surgery on Friday so we spent several hours at the hospital. Got the haircut. On Saturday bought some new walking shoes as mine had fallen apart. Then we went to a play; it was fair. On Sunday, DH played golf at a course we will not visit again; it was not well-cared for. Then we went to another birthday party; that was fun. We saw some friends that we hadn't seen in a while. Other than that, just packed and did the normal house and yard work.

Hi, Melissa, Susan and Austin
Old 10-17-2005, 01:11 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

Well the sun is finally peaking out after 9 solid days of rain! Unbelievable flood damage in the area I live. We were pretty fortunate, just water in the basement that is pretty much gone by now. Yikes, that was scary so many local roads were closed.

Developed a serious case of food poisoning on Friday night. Was very sick straight through the weekend in fact my stomach is still a little queasy today. So in a word, I can describe my weekend as YUCK.

Lisa when you tour the mansions try to tour the Vanderbilt estate, The Breakers. It is incredible. Weatherwise this week is looking to be much better so hopefully no rain on Saturday while your DH is running. Did you go much shorter with your haircut?

Lala enjoy Boulder. The weather sounds fab!

Ok ladies, got to get back to work. I'll talk to you later.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #4  

Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Was it from a restaurant? That's terrible. The flooding sounds awful. Yes, we plan to see the Breakers for sure.

Funny that you mention the haircut; it is shorter, but not by my request. I didn't have my regular stylist. People tell me that it's nice-looking, so I guess that's good.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Pam - I'm sorry you were sick this weekend. I hope your tummy is on the mend.

I made mindful choices most of yesterday except for the excessive alcohol units I imbibed last night at a black tie sushi bar birthday that I attended last night. I of course was totally underdressed as I had no idea I was going to this thing, but this is Boulder, so no one really gives a whack.

So, today, I'm back on the marginally mindful choice band wagon and happy to go home and sleep in my own bed for two nights.

Lisa - have fun in Newport. I think you should drive up to Pawtucket and check out the mills. Then again, I love industrial archeology. THe big houses are pretty amazing.

Hi to Melissa, Susan and Austin and everyone else.

lala
Old 10-18-2005, 10:26 AM   #6  

Hi everyone. I'm swamped here at work so can only check in for a moment.

There's a nasty cold going around here and I'm sorry to say that I haven't escaped it. Throat was feeling scratchy on Sunday, and I felt worse yesterday so stayed home. It's official today - I feel like crap. I have an appointment with my counsellor this afternoon and won't be coming back.

Of course, this is the final countdown to the half marathon at the end of the month and it looks as though that's in jeopardy. My last few runs have been less than good because of the strong winds, and I don't know how long it will be before I can run with this cold. Too early to tell right now. I guess I can always drop down to the 10 k but that won't make me very happy.

Not much new to report on this end. Have a good week, just in case I don't get a chance to pop in again. BTW, eating was horrendous before the cold set in. Guess I should be thankful that my appetite is gone.

Hugs to all,
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #7  

Susan, sorry you've caught a cold. I like to take Airborne and Zicam; that seems to make it of shorter duration. I hope you do the 1/2; that's a bummer that you've trained and now feel crappy.

lala, good for you for making good food choices, but alcohol can do you in quickly.

Well, lifers, DH and I are headed to Rhode Island tomorrow so that he can run a marathon and I can look at mansions! Unfortunately, our vacation will be a little worrisome as we wonder where Hurricane Wilma will go. Some of the models have it going right over our area as it crosses Florida. I cannot believe that at 11:00 PM last night it was a Cat 2 and now it's a Cat 5! I pray that it will just go away. I'm concerned that we won't be able to fly back on Sunday. Darn Wilma hits Florida about 2 AM on Sunday and then crosses the state.

Melissa, doesn't your GF live in the Ft Myers/Sarasota area? I hope they're keeping an eye on this thing.

Hi, Austin and Pam.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #8  
si, si signora

Ugh Lisa. Praying Wilma peters out before it hits land. I can't believe this year.

Did not make mindful choices last night. I was tired. Cranky and not hungry, but managed a small piece of lemon pound cake and didn't even taste good.

So, today, I'm working from home (am) and going to the 10:30 ww meeting to recommit and pay my cash. It'll be a hard row to hoe, but I can't believe I'm in this state.

I hope every else is okay.

If I could get some good vibes from you all today, it would be appreciated. I am supposed to receive an offer on my condo today. It has been on the market for a bit over 2 months and I'm dying to unload that puppy now that I made the effort to put it on the market.

Okay, off to gym.

lala
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies!

We had a wonderful trip. We did end up getting into NYC and were able to see where the Twin Towers once stood. You could smell the smoke from one of the other damaged buildings. It was very moving to say the least. Most everything is cleaned up and you just see an empty "pit" of sorts. It still amazing that more buidlings weren't damaged. We went to Soho and Little Italy. Had lunch at the Soho Cantina and it was nice--very pricey for what you got ($12 for 3 enchiladas, no sides, etc.) but that was okay. Didn't walk away stuffed We did a lot of walking so that was good. The B&B was very nice--DH and I went for walks and enjoyed the peace & quiet. The weather was "misty" on Thursday/Friday. It was good to get back home in my own bed though.

Lala: How's the water consumption going? DH and I had our share of a wonderful French merlot at the B&B.

Lisa: Sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend. I hope you're able to get out/in of FL. My GF lives in the Clearwater area. I heard the Wilma was heading toward FL but haven't caught the path. Have fun in RI

Pam: Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I've never had it nor do I want it. We had rain but nothing like your area and NJ. It's nice to see the sun!

Susan: I hope you feel better. The Zicam really helps. Let's hope you're feeling better by the end of the month and that you're able to do the full marathon. Stay positive

It's still fairly quiet here in the office, which is a good thing. I need to switch my clothes around at home and pull out the fall stuff. I keep putting it off. The weekend is supposed to be a little rainy so that'll force me to do it. DS is going to homecoming on Saturday so I'll be car-less and that will force me to do things around the house. I'm thinking I might have to bake an apple pie. We had a little heat in our building this morning to tease us; the temps are supposed to climb to 67 this afternoon and then drop down into the low 50's the rest of the week. Have a good day!!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #10  

lala, good vibes are coming your way. I'm glad you've decided to go to WW and ante up. You can do it!!

Melissa, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I've always wanted to go to NYC and have never done it. Maybe DH will do the marathon there. Mmmm apple pie--I'll be right over!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #11  
si, si signora

26 lbs above goal. I'm heavier than I have ever been.

Downwards we go!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Lala: Keep a positive attitude. You'll be back to goal in no time. You took the all important first step by going and faced the scale. As I tell members that I take care of at our Center, "it's the last time you have to see that weight"

On a side note, I gained .2 this week; can't complain about that since TOM is visiting and I ate out more than usual. I just want to experience a "backlash". I really want my cushion back.

Temp has dropped 12 degrees since noon and it's clouding up. We had a stray cloudburst over the lunch hour...I didn't have my umbrella
Old 10-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #13  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouragement. Had a dinner out last night,did okay, but did some not mindful eating afterwards. Today is better. I have planned lunch, dinner and now figuring out breakfasts.

I wish you were my weigh in person Melissa.

I hate unplanned rain.

Lisa - I am hoping that everything will be okay and that you have a very lovely visit to RI.

Susan - Hope you are feeling better.

Hi to everyone else!

Fun plans for the weekend?

lala
Old 10-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies,

It has been a very busy week for me, I've tried a couple of times to post a note but kept getting interrupted. AH well three more weeks and I'm on vacation!

Lala you took a big step going to the meeting and coming to grips with what you have to do. Sending positive vibes your way . No big plans for me this weekend. I'm hoping that I don't end up in the office working on this blasted proposal that has been keeping me busy all week.

Melissa glad you enjoyed your vacation. I love going to NYC. It's very emotional seeing the site where the twin towers once stood. Our weather this week has been soso. Kind of dreary with peaks of sunshine. Looks like rain again on Saturday.

Lisa I hope you have arrived safely in RI.

Susan hope you are feeling better.

Well ladies I'll try to sign on tomorrow but if I don't get a chance I hope you all have a nice weekend.
Closed Thread