Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #106  
Beauty School Dropout

I missed a day aswell, but I did stay within my points yesterday.

Sept 15

Breakfast
1 cup oatmeal w/redriver cereal - 2.5
1 cheese string - 1.5

Lunch
1 unsweetened apple sauce cup - 1
4 table water crackers - 1.5
1 laughing cow cheese snack - 1
baby carrots - 0

Snack
1 homemade chocolate chip cookie - 2

Dinner
1 cup of curry noodle Sidekicks - 6

15.5/26

its 6pm and I still have 10.5 points left. eek. Maybe later i grab some sushi or something.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #107  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Marcie - Hey! I don't even remember the advice that I gave! LOL! (I hope I didn't sound like a know-it-all!) I'm so proud of you pulling in your emotional eating, though. That's a tough thing to get control of - and you did it! I'm impressed :c)

Very good!

Today's weigh in sucked. Only down .2 I'm not sure why, other than TOM (could that really be it!?) I guess that means I'm back on WENDIE (4.2 loss last week)
Old 09-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #108  

Erin-NO you didn't sound like a no it all..at all...I love it when I get advice from others Thank you! I'm sorry your weight loss wasn't as much as you would have liked. Wendy plan looks like it works really well for you. I love your enthusiasm in your posts! Keep it up girl!!!

Still didn't get in my fruits in veggies yesterday..gotta really work on that! I'm such a creature of habit-I eat the same things all the time.
Breakfast
3/4 cup of HN Cheerios no milk-2 pts
1 apple-1 pt
1 English Muffin-3pts

Snack
1 String Cheese-2 pts
16 LF Wheat Thins-3 pts

Lunch
Grilled Chicken-2 pts
1 cup of rice-5 pts
Salad with FF Dressing-0pts

Snack
Popcorn-1.5 pts

Dinner
2 Tacos with ground Turkey and 2% Shredded Cheese-6 pts

25.5/26
Got 4 Activity Pts not used as well...yippy!!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #109  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone!!

Marci - I find I'm also a creature of habit and tend to eat the same thing for about a week. Then I change when the leftovers run out.

Liz - Great job staying on OP!!! How was the sushi?

Erin - Maybe we can Wendie together??? I truly believe the advice you gave Marcie, if you have a high point day, you should follow with a low point day. Thats why I like the WP, I am learning to compromise my eating habits to achieve my goals. I can have some chips but not everyday and not a great big bag in one sitting. I have found that since I've been drinking gallons of water I do not crave salty food anymore.

Food and Exercise Diary for Friday September 16, 2005

WP Points - 27
AP Earned - 2.5

Breakfast
Quaker Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal - 2.9
Banana - 1.6
1 cup 1% Milk - 2.3

Snack
1/2 cup Danone Silouhette Vanilla Yogurt - 1.0
Nectarine - 0.9

Lunch
Beef Stew - 7.0
Low Fat Bun - 2.2
Becel light margarine - 0.5
Salad w/balsalmic vinegarette - 0.5
1 cup 1% Milk - 2.3

Snack
1/2 cup Gardennay Soup - 1.0
11 Triscuit Thins - 1.7
20 Grapes - 0.5

Dinner
1-1/4 cup Whole Wheat BowTies - 2.0
1/4 cup Prego Sauce - 1.0
2 Meatballs - 1.8
2 cups Salad w/dressing - 0.5

Points Used: 29.3
Water: 157 ounces

Last edited by winterstar; 09-17-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #110  
Workin' hard!

OK - good! I was nice and not know-it-all-ish :c) Good to know!!!

Let's WP together, then - because, I gotta say it - the plan works! However, I will NOT stuff my face to acheive my SHD of 41 points. But, if it happens that way - well, that's good, too!!!!

Today is my SHD, btw.

Breakfast
English Muffin 1
Spray butter 0
2 tbs peanut butter 3
1 tbs apple butter 1

Snack
Skinny cow 2

Lunch
cookie from winn dixie 3
1 tortilla 1
1/4 c. FF cheese for cheese quesadilla 1

Dinner
Tomato SOup (1 c.) 4
grilled cheese
bread 1
cheese 2
crackers 3

I had seconds on the soup a little later 2
crackers 1

Skinny Cow 2

Late night snack
PB and Apple butter sandwhich 5

31/26 (41 WP)

Last edited by WDWErin; 09-17-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #111  
You! On a Diet Groupie

Erin it's a plan. Remember if you have had any cravings your SHPD is the time to put that craving to bed. Enjoy the day and do not stress about achieving the points. I would have a hard time eating 41 points, mine is 37 points and its on Sunday.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #112  

Unhappy

I'm new here, and this thread is what I need. I have been doing WW since the end of July, and I started like gangbusters. Unfortunately, I have only lost 9 pounds, and none of that has been in the last 3 weeks--in which I have gained a lb. I am "estimating" and guessing what I eat, and I KNOW I am ingesting way too many condiments of sorts (butter, may, dressings). I also eat out a lot. Some days, I just give up and eat what I ate to get this way (25 lbs overweight). Today was one of those "to he*$ with it all"days:

Breakfast:
1 large capuccino coffee drink
6 pack of chocolate doughnuts (yeah, you heard me Yikes!)
Lunch:
5 point frozen lasagna lunch
2 pretzels
1 South Beach diet bar
3 mini- MAzing candy bars
fat free pringles (how many?? I have no idea)
Dinner:
Haven't gotten there yet.

Any wonder why I am not losing weight? I get so discourgaged when I don't lose, that I go in reverse. This is not what I was eating when I was losing, so I know what I am doing, but good grief!! So, starting tommorrow (and perhaps for dinner tonight I will post my menu and points. I get 22 a day. Sorry this was long, ladies. I am just in a rut and want to quit.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #113  

gsd-Don't give up....you can do this...the thing about WW is you can do it without depriving yourself...BUT the first time I did WW, I did the same thing as you. I wasn't losing and got mad and quit. This time around I said this is it....and I am writing down everything and planning planning planning. When I do not plan...I get off track and lose it. I check out restaurants before I go and see what fits in my points range for the day. I have to take baby steps with things..like no bread...that is so hard for me...but the last time we went to the restaurant I love...I just said to myself you can have it if you want...but is it really worth all those points? The answer that day was no. Now it may be different next time and that is ok. This time around I am writing everything and I mean everything down and it is helping tremendously. I know looking at my stats you may say "she hasn't lost hardly anything" but let me tell you..I have come so far. I am making decisions about food I could never make before. So take baby steps, write everything down, and most of all believe that you can do it. I know you can!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #114  
Workin' hard!

gsd I have a friend who is doing WW with me. She never measures anything. She doesn't write anything down. She's lost 2 pounds in 2 months. I'm not sure why she doesn't - she just DOESN'T.

WW WILL work, and you won't have to deprive yourself like libbysmom says. YOu just need to WRITE down everything. Calculate the points BEFORE you eat it - and measure, measure, measure!!! That way you have a visual - you can SEE when you're crossing the line, and pull yourself back.

You're going to do great gsd. It's not easy AT FIRST, but you get into a groove, and it's honestly quite easy.

Winterstar - You're so right about the cravings. They should be put to rest on my SHD. I am having a problem getting to those points. I'm actually - not - hungry!!!
We'll see how the rest of the day plays out!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #115  
You! On a Diet Groupie

Food and Exercise Diary for Saturday September 17, 2005

WP Points - 23
AP Earned - 2.4 (34 min WATP 2 mile)

Breakfast
High Fiber Blueberry Bran Muffin - 3.0
Banana - 1.6
1 cup 1% Milk - 2.3

Snack
3/4 cup Fat Free Field Berry Yogurt - 1.5

Lunch
BBQ Beef - 3.6Low Fat Bun - 2.2
Veggie Stix - 0.0
20 Grapes -0.5

Snack

Dinner
I have not decided yet, will pick something up at work
2 cups Salad w/dressing - 0.5
1cup 1% Milk - 2.3

Points Used: 23
Water:
Old 09-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #116  

THanks so much for the encouraging words! I weighed in this morning and lost .2. At least I didn't gain! I know what you mean about planning. When I was being successful, I was planning my meals out, making smart choices, and saying no to certain things and yes to others. I was not deprived and I was so satisfied and proud. Today, I started Core. I am going to try that for a week; I have to count less and I like most of the foods on core anyway. We will see what happens. I've done well so far today!

By the way, last night (my "i quit day") I went to Olive Garden and had 4 readsticks and alfredo and 2 regular cokes! Plus their salad. (I didn't like my entree, so I gave it to my friend.) Sigh...

Thanks again for all your positive words! Good luck ladies!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #117  
Closed

Jan, how did you figure 2.4 for the WATP 2 miles tape??
Would you please post when you see this. I bought her WALK and KICK- sorta of kick boxing ( less intense version of Tae-bo) 1/2 hour...but kind of on the same order, only Leslie's way :-) thank Goodness!!
I thought of counting it as 2 but will consider it 1 pt. I will not use it against my food intake today though, but I was just curious
Thanks!!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #118  
Closed

Does any know if Super Walmart sells the VitaTops and if so, in what section of the store they could or would be found??
Thank you!!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #119  

Hi everyone.... just a quick post to let you all know that my dad passed away Thursday, it's been a really rough week and I have many things to do. Will be back here posting regularly quite soon.
Linda
Old 09-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #120  

Breakfast:
2 slices canadian bacon (2)
2 eggs made with 1 tbsp Brummel and Brown spread (5)
1 slice cheese (2)
1 slice light WW toast (1)
(10 points--or 4 if I were on Core, which I was for the first 2 meals of the day. Switched at dinner b/c I was frustrated. Staying with Flex....)

Lunch
5 soy crisps (0) --a 1pt serving size is 17 chips
Cream of Wheat pudding (taken from the Core board recipes) (2)
(2 points)

Snack
cucumber and onion salad (0)
(0 points)

Dinner
open faced turkey sandwhich on lite ww bread w gravy (4)
fresh spinach and broccoli slaw cooked with spray butter (0)
diet coke with splenda(0)
(4 points)

dessert
1 cup sherbert (5)
(5 points)

TOTAL: 21/22 points
Activity points earned: 6 *spinning and weight lifting*

Last edited by gsd72; 09-17-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Closed Thread