Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #31  

Cool

Great job everyone!
I journalled my dinner out from Saturday night yesterday and really wrote down and tracked everything and I still ended the previous week with 14 flex points left unused, unheard of for me!
I'm going to report yesterday's journal here as this starts a new week for me. I weigh in tomorrow and am really keeping my fingers cross for a loss!

8/28/05 Sunday. First, I didn't work out. I went to church early and had thought I would work out when I got home, but church ran late, I grocery shopped on my way home and by the time I got home, unpacked groceries and looked at the clock, I just ended up not getting to it. Though it was a Sunday, I was busy. School started today for my kids for the year and my DH was going on a business trip. We needed to shop for clothes, and groceries, and I had to really move it and get the laundry caught up. Today, they are ALL gone and I'm home alone, wow! I plan on working out for sure!

Points allowance: 22
Breakfast:
Apple = 1
Lite English Muffin = 1
Alpine Lace lite provelone cheese = 1
(You can make a sandwich with toasted english muffins and any lite cheese and pop it in the microwave to melt the cheese for a moment or two, it's really quite nice)
Total remaining points: 19
Lunch:
4 oz. pastrami round (very lean) = 2
2 oz provelone (melted over top, yummy) = 1
mustard = 0
Low fat Wheat Thins (16) = 2

Total remaining points: 14

Chocolate Meringue cookies = 2
Total Pnts remaining: 12

Dinner:
Chichen breast = 3
Baked potato = 3
Corn on the cob (2) = 2
Lite Margarine = 1

WW chocolate ice cream cone = 2

Points used 22
Flex points used 1
Total 23

I have to do better today than this. I don't mind that I did use a flex point, but I didn't work out. I had activity in doing laundry and shoppiong, but I don't count that kind of activity to give me points or as exercise, that to me is just normal living.
I have to do better by having more fruits and veggies today as well and I didn't track my water intake yesterday either, though I think I did drink it all.
Monday, today, is a fresh start.....
Linda I'm determined!

OH YES..... my best wishes to any of you who might be in the path of this terrible hurrican. I am praying for you all.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 08-29-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #32  

just wanna add that I LOVE THIS THREAD and will be adding to it tomorrow

I had a bad day today
Old 08-30-2005, 01:53 AM   #33  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

August 29

Breakfast
English muffin 1
bacon 4
cheese 1

Lunch
salad 3
chicken tenderloin 3

WW Giant Fudge bar 1

Dinner
WW Meal 5

Diet soda cake 4

22/26
Old 08-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #34  

Erin, you are doing great! I need to make one of those diet soda cakes for cravings! I'm thinking of frosting it with FF cool whip and then putting individual slices in my freezer or something. One of the problems I have when I make something like that is that it goes bad and I can't eat it all and don't want a 4 point dessert every single day, but maybe once a week it's a nice treat.
Stacey, glad to have you aboard, do post again and let us know how you are doing!
As for me, yesterday was better than the previous two days, but I was not as good as I had planned on being. It just turned out to be a "different" day than I thought it was going to be.
Points target 22, exercise points 2 = 24

Breakfast:
1/2 banana = 1
WW lite rye toast = 1
Lite margarine = 1
Total remaining: 21

Lunch (ate out unexpectedly with a friend)
Brocolli cheese soup = 6???
Bread = 2
Butter pat = 1
Chocolate chip cookie = 3

Dinner (ate out AGAIN, it turned into a very busy day and it was out of control)
Grilled Chicken Salad with mandarin oranges = 7

Total remaining points = 2
WW chocolate ice cream cone = 2
Points remaining = 0

After intending to have a day at home and have total control of all my meals, exactly the opposite happened to me. Sometimes days like that happen. I tried very hard to have what I thought would stay in my points ranges. I estimated points on my lunch and dinner, but feel that what I assessed for them was accurate.
I hope today is a better day, yet again. But, this is LIFE and real life eating. I am really trying to incorporate my healthy and lower point eating into a busy life crammed with all sorts of running around, and that is a reality for most of us!
Today is my weigh in day, I'm not sure if I'll be down or now, but I sure tried really hard to be down and I was within the WW plan all week. Yet, I don't see that the scale here at home is telling me what I want it to tell me. The WW scales always weigh me differently than my at home scale - so we will see. I'll certainly let you guys all know!
In the meantime, keep journalling guys! Your journal and your water are your best friends!
Linda
Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 AM   #35  

Hey guys, where's those fruits and milks? so much yummy fresh fruit out right now

My menu from yesterday

Oatmeal--2
2tsp whipped pb 1
WF Choc syrup 0
fresh cherries 1
WW choc smoothie 1

Wraps with refried beans, ff cheese salsa veggies 4

cantaloupe 1

Ravioli 6
Spinach salad w vinegar and olive oil 1

Strawberry/ yogurt smoothie 3
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #36  

Hi everyone! I am sort of new here. Been reading for the past week posted on the 20s & 30s board but it seems quiet over there.
Is anyone else like me & I did not really love the WW snack cakes? If you do buy them be prepared they are tiny! I know our goal is to get used to smaller portions but it somehow bugged me that they were that small. I love the muffins though, 3 points per muffin & they taste exactly like the Otis Spunkmeyer ones only a bit smaller. But, I felt like I got something yummy.
My big thing right now is getting used to the 94% fat free popcorn. I sometimes will have less of the higher points regular kind for the taste but am trying to get used to the other b/c I can have more of it & therefore it makes me feel less deprived.
Now, one thing I don't compromise much on is salad dressing. I HATE fat free, the Light Done Right is decent though but honestly I would rather sometimes just sprinkle on some lemon pepper & then vinegar & eat the salad that way. It is pretty good :-)
I'll have to post my menu on here sometime. I do journal well in my own paper notebook. I get a few nursing points but since my baby is older & nurses less I only alot myself 5 or so. I am kind of following the last version of WW. I am going with the older points range rather then the newer flex plan b/c this worked for me in the past & I was happy with it :-)

Vicky K.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #37  
Workin' hard!

Welcome, Fatnevermore!! :c)
Multi - My fruit and milk is definitely missing - does cheese count as a milk?

today - I had fruit, just for you ;c)

Derry, I know what you're talking about - and sometimes you have to just live life with what it throws at you. The most important thing is this: You were thrown off in your plan and ended up eating out - but, you didn't use it as an excuse to overeat or go off plan. I'm proud of you for doing the right thing for yourself.

8/30/05

Breakfast
English Muffin
2 tbs. FF cream cheese
Yogurt
Total:3

Snack
diet coke cake 4- threw out the rest, because I can see this becoming a trigger food - something I don't need right now.

Lunch
Salad w/ lettuce, tomato, cucumber
bacon bits
FF cheese
FF dressing
2 chicken tenderloins
Total:5

Snack
1 c. grapes 2
Total: 2

Dinner
BLT 5
Baked potato 1
light Sour cream 1
green beans 0

WW Giant Fudge Bar 1

22/26

Last edited by WDWErin; 08-30-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #38  

Dang I had a very busy weekend and was a little bit too naughty for my own good but I started over again on Monday and really am going to do good this week... My weekends are so hard because we spend a lot of time with friends and such and eat out.. Just need to make healthier choices!!

Monday
B - Raisin Bran w/milk - 4/5pts
S - Banana - 1pt
L - Tuna on corn thins (these 1pt rice cake like things that are great) 4/5pts
S - 100 Cal Kettle Corn - 2pts
S- Hot Tamali at the movie
D - Grape Nuts w/toast,pb&J

Tuesday
B - English muffin w/tbl PB -4pts
S - Banana - 1pt
L - Cantelope, pineapple & strawberries - 2/3 pts
S - 100 Cal Kettle Corn - 2pts
D - ? but something under the 12 points I have left to use!
***walked 2.5 miles***
Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #39  

I'm bummed out.... I weighed in today and only lost .2 and yes, I know it's a loss and I should be glad (and I am at least I didn't gain) but I really worked very hard this week and really expected better than that.
Oh well... I'm not giving up!
I truly did everything "correct". Even eating out over the weekend was within the program and I ended the week with 14 unused flex points. I'm going to succeed at this, maybe all the work over the last week will show up on next week's weigh in?
I find it interesting that no one really knows (I've asked at meetings) when "being good" actually shows up on your body, same as being bad. I know there are some immediate things that affect us all, but in your real weight when does it show up? I know sodium can really make a person retain fluid and actually weigh more, but that can be temporary. I find myself wondering if the week prior to this week of being really on program is showing up NOW? I was on vacation and really misbehaved!
Also, a quick question for you all to ponder... I want opinions please. I have an appointment to donate blood tomorrow. I want to make sure I treat my body well and will have to have a snack at the blood donor center after I donate, as I should. Do you think I shouldn't count that as my points or should I? As the saying goes "A pint's a pound the world around", which means that I will automatically lose one pound due to giving a pint of blood, but my body will replace that right away. So, in order to do the right thing for my health, would you not count the immediate snack right afterwards? I should have remembered to ask at my meeting, but I didn't.

Hard to know.
Linda
Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #40  

Yeah, Erin!!! Good job on the fruits and for recognizing the cake as a trigger food. I know I could never have that around. I'd pick at until it was gone. I don't know what it is, but for me, when I eat my fruits, I seem to do better on program.

My day today:

B--Lite English muffin with 1 slice of Canadian Bacon/FF cheese, cherry smoothie 5 points

L--Stuffed Cabbage Skillet, roll 5 points

S--Fresh pineapple 1 point

D--Chicken, mashed potatoes and salad w/vinegar and oil 6 points

S--1 cup of Clifford Crunch Cereal and 1 cup of skim--3 points
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #41  

Hi Linda, I'd count it. I'd think it'd be better to err on the side of caution. Probably two points for the cookie and 1 point for the OJ cuz it's usually a small cup
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #42  
Workin' hard!

Multi - I just saw your tracker - you've done amazing! Please, tell me more about your story. Start a thread, so we can all be inspired by it!

Your menu is excellent - Can you give me a recipe for the cabbage skillet thing? It sounds interesting.

Thanks for the encouragement about the cake - yes, I would of picked at it ALL day, and I would of eaten it all. I just couldn't risk that. I won't make it again. Not right now, anyway. Maybe for an event at Church, where it won't sit in the house.

:c)

Derry, you're doing GREAT! Hang in there! OK! :c) Count the OJ and cookie - because those calories still count, reguardless of the circumstances in which you eat them!

:c)

Last edited by WDWErin; 08-30-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:30 AM   #43  

Multi and Erinthanks, I will count the points but use them as flex points I think.
You all have done wonderfully. I'd like that cabbage skillet reicpe as well if you get a chance, Multi, sounds interesting.
Erin, I couldn't have that cake sitting around as well... it's pick pick pick all day at it every time I walked by and before I know it.... I would have eaten much more than I should have!
Yesterday's journal:

8/30/05 Points allowance 22, exercise points 2 = 24

Breakfast:
Shredded wheat cerial, ff milk, 1/2 banana = 4 points
Total remaining, 18
Lunch:
So. Beach diet deli hame, turkey wraps, with sf jello, 4 points (not a bad choice for a quick and portable lunch by the way)
WW peanut crunch candy = 1
Keebler 100 calorie pack chocolate chip cookies = 2
Total remaining= 13
Two point bar = 2
(I needed a chocoate fix several times duing the day it seems, might have been emotional eating after watching all the hurrican news on the tv? Those poor people!)
Dinner:
Roast beef = 5
Rice = 4
lite margarine = 1
string beans = 0
Total remaining = 1

WW ice cream cone, chocolate (yes, more chocolate!) = 2

Used one flex point to end the day

I had hoped to do a better job including veggies and instead I binged on chocolate, but I still was pretty close to my points allowance for the day. I'll try to re-gain a bit of control today? Hmmm.....
Linda
Old 08-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #44  

For the stuffed cabbage skillet recipie, I buy the chopped or shredded cole slaw, I put that in a skillet (1c or so) with chopped onion, 2/3c MSF veggie crumbles, (you can use regular hamurger if that's what you prefer), 1/4 c. of rice and 1/2 c of tomato soup and just stir fry it until it's all tender and browned. If you want to make a family size portion you can also mix up a bigger batch and put it into a 13x9 pan and bake it in the oven. I loved stuffed cabbage, but I'm too lazy to make it often So this is kind of a quick easy way to do it.

Thanks, Erin. I don't really have much to tell I was a chubby kid and young adult, got married and put on weight with my pregnancies. Lost weight, then would get pregnant again, losing less and gaining more each time. Finally got down to goal and then it started to creep back again. About 2 years ago, I had just had enough with losing and gaining and realized there was no going off, no looking back, no being done "dieting",this was for life. So I got serious and got back to meetings and stopped kidding myself and started counting things that I needed to count and following the plan the way I was supposed to and good things happened.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:32 PM   #45  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

okay this is what I ate yesterday
smart one breakfast sandwich for 4 pts
smart one eclair 3 pts
ice cream 2 pts
smart one 3 pts
popsicle 2 pts
chicken 3 pts
veggies 3 cups 3 pts
eclair 3 pts
I still had one pt left to my day but, that was fine i wasnt hungry i ate more sweets yesterday than i should have i know that was bad but, it was all within my points. i just need to make healthier choices

today so far is better

8-31
banana 2 pts
oatmeal 2 pts
popsicle 2 pts
smart one 5 pts

i still have 13 pts left for the day I know i will have a bunch of veggies later not sure what else if it will be a turkey burger for 4 pts kind of night or a serving of spaghetti for 6 pts kind of night.
Closed Thread