Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Flexers chat & support August 1-31

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Congratulations again to legally brunette for losing a total of 13 lbs
(as posted at the end of the July thread)

I had a terrible dinner on Saturday so I have been trying to do better for the last 2 days.

Weigh in is tomorrow after work but I am not expecting too much, as long as I haven't gained I will be happy.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #2  

I only lost 8 oz this week. Sigh. I suppose my period is supposed to arrive any second now so I can attribute the disappointing number to monthly water gain...

I thought about going CORE this week, but got weak while making pasta for dinner. The hubby doesn't even want to see whole wheat pasta...and I could see myself using up all 35 bonus points just on all the stuff that I can't switch b/c then I'd have to make 2 of everything...and it's hard enough to cook just one thing!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  

natcat - the pms thing will do it everytime, it makes me gain 1 to 2lbs. I am sure that will show up at my weighin tonight but will be gone in a day or two.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  

4 POUNDS!!!!! 4 POUNDS!!! I had WI this morning and lost 4 POUNDS!!!I came home and hugged and kissed my Gazelle!
I got my 30 pound ribbon and I am thrilled with myself. I really worked for it this week.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #5  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum, and new to WW. Infact, I'm joining on Thursday. My friend joined 2 weeks ago, and she's convinced me to come along.

I have a considerable amount of weight to lose, and I'm hoping that it will work!

I've gotten very sedentary the last few months, so I'm looking for some support, some exercise to get me moving again, and a way to find balance with the food I eat.
I binge constantly.

It will be great to see your stories unfold. I look forward to reading your posts!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:44 AM   #6  

I had a bad evening. Actually, it was a very enjoyable evening -- went out to dinner with a friend who is in town for a conference...but I just added up the points total for my dinner and it was 17! Ouch! I had been eating light today and gave myself a 10 point allowance for dinner...

How many of those bonus 35 points are you allowed to have in a single day?

Tomorrow is going to be a soy cheese on fibre crackers day...
Old 08-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #7  

Hi, I'm new to this board too, but not to WW. I've been at is since 2002, made lifetime over the summer. Now I'm on my way to my personal goal. I hope you don't mind if I jump in.

Re: the whole wheat pasta. I was completely anti-whole wheat pasta too. But I just tried the Barilla plus whole wheat pasta and it's terrific! Honestly, there was no difference at all. I'm an Italian girl through and through and an admitted pasta snob. I loved it and so did my DH and DD, who is THE pickiest eater on the planet.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #8  

Congratulations Sherri!

Welcome WDWerin and Teelee6

Natcat- you can use as many of the 35 points in a day as you want to, just don't forget to mark them off on your tracker.

I did gain 2lbs due to pms - I knew it! But I know that it will be gone again in a day or two so I'm not stressing over it.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:19 PM   #9  
Workin' hard!

I'm so looking forward to joining tomorrow! I can't wait, really!!!! I feel like it's finally a step in the right direction -after a year of whining and complaining about my weight -I'm finally going to DO something!

Any advice for my first meeting?

OH - and my friend and I are going to walk today!

Thanks for the warm welcome mauvaisroux
Old 08-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #10  

WDWerin and Teelee6 : Welcome! I think this is a great thread, hopefully you can find and GIVE inspiration!!
Natcat, don't give yourself too hard of a time, it is one dinner over the course of a looooonnng journey. It is so easy to beat ourselves up, but look how far we have come!!
I am feeling overly optimstic today!
I will be Gazelleing tonight!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:12 AM   #11  

Today was a much better day pointswise. But crazy busy so I didn't actually sit down for a meal other than breakfast (and we were out of milk and cereal and tortillas and eggs so we had almond butter on toast). The rest of the day was just little snacks. I tried to add protein as much as possible. And I'll try not to schedule 3 gigs back to back like that again!

My last client of the evening gave me a frozen Horizon low-fat yogurt stick -- it's about 1/4 the size of a yogurt cup; it's low-fat and she froze it so it was like ice cream -- yummy! I'm sure it was no more than 2 points (so that's how I guesstimated it on my Tracker). I've got to find some. Always looking for creamy, frozen, portion-controlled treats.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #12  
Eat well, Live well

Default Back From Vacation..i Maintained!!!!

I am back from 2 weeks at camp. I had all the good intentions of keeping track of points while there, but I didn't even open my Quiktrakker once. I hate to say it, but I had bacon and eggs for breakfast EVERY DAY. Oooooh how I haved missed that. In any case, this was really a test of whether my eating habits had really changed, and I am pleased to say that they really have. I brought back a whole whack of unopened snack food, even though I brought less than I usually do for camping. My bacon and eggs were offset every day by all the activity of biking, hiking, swimming, and canoeing I did. I must have done a good job of balancing what I eat to my activity, because I didn't gain a single pound, and I think I may have lost 1 pound or so. WI is tonight, so we shall see what the scales there say!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #13  

hey girls!

sorry I have been MIA. I had a good weigh in this week, down 2 pounds, and I was stuck at 137 for the ENtire MONTH OF July! so let August melt these last few pounds off!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #14  

Glad everyone is doing well

Erin how did your first meeting go?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #15  
Workin' hard!

Hi Everyone!

mauvaisoux - My first meeting was fabulous! I really liked the leader, and I found out that I knew alot of the people there. It was a wonderful meeting with a great balance of laughter and learning. I honestly can't WAIT until the next meeting!

Stacey - congrats on the great weigh in! It sounds like you finally broke through a plateau? I bet it feels great!

Natcat - I'm glad you had a better day today!

Overall, it sounds like everyone is doing great!

How about you mauvaisroux?
Closed Thread