Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #1  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Freaked out

Saturday is my second weigh in. I am totally expecting a gain because of two super bad days, some high-sodium foods and now, apparently, a bout of constipation. I'm annoyed with myself because, this time last week I was feeling lighter and more in control and I couldn't wait for the weigh in. I even had a dream last Friday night where I called the center to find out what time they opened and how early I could get there. This week, I feel full and heavy and am totally dreading the scale.

But how silly is that? Someone in a previous post said that with losses come gains. They're a part of life. I feel ridiculous that I've given a scale so much power that the thought of getting on it is making me crazy. It just doesn't make any sense.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #2  
THICK and tired of it

Ah, Maggie- don't worry too much. It is frustrating, I know, and I've felt the same way, many times. But YOU know you're following the plan, and that it WILL WORK, even if it seems to take forever. And, if you're like me, what you're eating now (even the "bad days") is much better than preWW. No matter what the scale says this week, you know you're doing your part. Look forward to next WI- it will probably be a great one!

Keep going!! We're all in this together...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

You'd be surprised on the days I felt the heaviest at the first part of my journey was the weeks I lost the most.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #4  
Alis Volat Propriis

LOL, Izzy, I just looked at your profile and, I must say that, at this particular point, I am not at all amused by the saying on that child's hat! But that aside, what a cutie!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #5  
THICK and tired of it

Ha! That child is my son Byron, and the hat... well, it was a gift for me at my surprise 30th birthday party last year!! Oh, I have such funny friends, eh? I change my picture regularly, so I'll let you know when it is safe to check it out again!
Closed Thread