Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default Points Builder

Hi All,

I am looking for something (I don't know what to call it), where I would input the ingredients of my recipes and would come up with a point value. Any suggestions? I don't go to meetings, just doing WW at home. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joanne
Old 03-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #2  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Here's the math: Points = (Calories / 50) - (Fiber * 0.2) + (Fat * 0.083)

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 03-17-2005 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Link to Copyrighted WW materials not allowed
Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Joanne, Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but I bought a nutrition analyzer online that takes the ingredients from any recipe and gives you the nutritional breakdown - calories, fat, fiber, sodium, carbs, etc. Then you can use the calories, fat and fiber to figure points. I entered all of my family's favorite recipes in it. The one I use has a free trial period, then it was around $20. to buy. If you're interested, please PM me, and I'll give you the url. I heard that they are available for free now, so I guess you could google "free nutrition analyzer" and see what happens.....
Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I think you may want something like MasterCook software. It is a cookbook software but you can also enter your own cookbooks and recipes and it will figure the nutritional value per serving (or per recipe) thus making points calculation easy.

It is manufactured by ValueSoft (do a search on Google for ValueSoft MasterCook) and is available at most computer software stores.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

www.fitday.com gives you the info you need to figure points and it's free! I have Mastercook but usually use fitday by just entering the individual ingredients and then checking the totals for my calcualtions.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

The only reason I like MasterCook over something like FitDay is the fact that I can save and organize my recipes..especially the ones collected from magazines and flyers, etc.

I also find MasterCook a bit more accurate because I can add or change or customize ingredients to brand names or accurate nutritional info based on what I am using. But this is just my opinion.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #7  

Default Recipe Builder

Thank you all for your help in pointing me in the right direction for a recipe/points builder. Really, really, appreciate it.

Joanne
Old 03-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #8  

Default Nutrition calculator

Hi Jane,

Could you please send me the URL for the nutrition calculator you spoke about. I sure would appreciate it. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks,
Joanne
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You can get MasterCook (I think it's version 7) for 5 dollars http://www.5dollarsoftware.com/ Pretty cool.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #10  
kellyjo40

I used your url to pick up Mastercook 7.0 for $5. It came last night and I just briefly looked at it this morning. This is a dream! Thanks for the tip.
Closed Thread