3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/55550-newbie.html)

Want2BAButterfly 03-29-2005 02:34 PM

Hi my name is Holly.
I have been on WW since Jan3 of this year. I am a mom of a 5 year old boy and I have been married to his father for 3 years. I am a christian and I am 27 years old. I have lost 24.2pds and I am on a long journey of 125pds off. Do yall mind if I join this forum? My WIs are on monday nights. I am excited about being soo healthy. It feels wonderful to feel sooo good about myself. I gained 100pds when I had my son and haven't shed it since. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Want2BAButterfly 03-31-2005 03:08 PM

Hi

Well hello Holly How are u?

TheKidsMom 03-31-2005 10:14 PM

Too funny that you answered yourself! Sometimes posting and NEVER hearing anything back can be sooooooo icky! Pretty resourceful of you to handle it yourself instead of moping!

Are you doing the CORE or the Points thing..........I'm a little afraid of the CORE thing.......

Want2BAButterfly 04-01-2005 12:28 PM

wow a living person!!!

Sorry for that I was just trying to be funny. I am doing the points thing. I love it it is sooo easy! Thanks for responding how many kidsw do u have? I have my one but want more... someday soon hopefully.

TheKidsMom 04-03-2005 11:13 PM

counting those points

so you've got a WI tomorrow? Mine is on Wed's.........at least I have a couple of days to recover from the weekend!

Hit Subway twice this week.........that helped out.

My kids are 10 (boy) and 5 (girl). I'm really trying to make a big deal now out of 'eating healthy' with them-but they are pretty good already. It's just time for me to really make sure they are getting it!

Want2BAButterfly 04-04-2005 12:08 PM

We seem to have alot in common

My 5 year son is a carb eater thanks to my granparents. My GM makes a 6 course meal every night and it always includes bread and two ot three carby things like potoatoes and rice. My son's idea of a snack is a biscuit. I am trying to break him but it is soooo hard. I have been trying to get PG again and thought maybe it was to do with my weight. I had always said if RJ turned 5 I would stop trying. He turns 5 in may and I was wandering are your kids close even though seperated by 5 years. Do u think it was easier or harder? Yes I WI tonight so it will be tomorrow morning before I post it. I am 2 pounds from my 1st 10% and 1 pound from 25pds. I am excited but a little worried I had a meal I didn't plan on and feel like I done better than I would have in December. I had lots of leftovers but still he makes me worry...

TheKidsMom 04-05-2005 12:02 PM

10% Wow!

You are so close to your 10%......that is a HUGE accomplishement! I hope you are thrilled, even if you didn't hit it this week.

My 5 year old daughter is also a carboholic; but I can't blame a grandmother (dang it!)--it's all me and her internal wiring. I am really really trying to redirect her, while not making a huge issue of it (ala my mother!)

She would rather have a piece of bread/cheese than anything esle. And if I cook mashed potatoes, I just have to assume that she will only eat that for dinner so that I won't be crazy.

So we are having a lot of dinner conversations with the kids re: healthy food choices, helping our bodies to be healthy, etc. Trying not to use words like 'fat, gain weight, lose weight', etc.

My husband was diagnosed with Type II diabetes last year, so the kids are already pretty aware of sugar content in most foods and are receptive to that reduction.

My dd came along when ds was exactly 5..same month! They are very close, love each other, get along great (usally). However, she is starting to want to be with him all the time and he is not enjoying it, so I see trouble up ahead. I'm so greatful that they are 5 years apart as I could not have handled anything else.............he was a HUGE help when she was born re: helping me and just sitting with me when I was nursing, etc. I can't imagine how these moms do it who had 2 or 3 in diapers at the same age! I would have need alot of medication! :)

Spechele1990 04-09-2005 01:55 PM

Hi Holly,

Congrats on your loss so far- it looks like we are at about the same weight...Maybe we can cheer each other on :)

Spechele

Want2BAButterfly 04-12-2005 11:23 AM

Sorry I have been away from my computer! Since we Photograph furniture at my work during Furniture Market time is busy for us.

The Kids Mom
Hopefully we will get our kids eating under control as they mimic us. I can't blame it all on my GM I am a carboholic too. LOL

Spec..
yes we are please keep in touch! Sorry i didn't respond sooner!

TheKidsMom 04-12-2005 10:20 PM

My leader can't do MATH!

How sad for me! I left my WI last week thinking I had lost 4.5 lbs. WOWEE I was excited! When I got home I looked closer at my little folder and my leader had subtracted wrong.........I had only lost 3.5 lbs!

Now, b4 anyone hollers at me, YES, I'm still happy that it was a nice, big loss, but I FELT ROBBED! For 30 minutes I thought I had lost almost 5lbs!

Obviosuly, I need to get over it...my WI is again tomorrow and b4 I get all crazy, I'll check her math! :)

How's everyone doing? Still plugging along?

I spent one day on Core at the beginnig of the week and by 5pm had decided to just count points and be done with it. My brain will need to be re-wired to do CORE I think.........I've got the points thing so ingrained in my brain that I can't consider anything else.

Want2BAButterfly 04-13-2005 03:12 PM

OHHHHHHH! THE PAIN THE HEARTACHE! THE NERVE GET HER A CALCULATOR!! LOLROFLOL

Seriously though how depressing! I am sorry! but hey I would complain tooo much atleast u lost.

I couldn't do core! I am sticking with points it is so easy for me. I have a list of breakfasts and Lunches that I know are a certain amount of points that I like to hit for each.

I am still hanging in but I gained 1pd a week ago and couldn't get to last meeting and according to my scales I had gained another pound. OMG!!!

So I am shaking up things this week! I think I counted some things wrong...

Ohh and my schedule for this week has been the pits.
M 8-5
T 6:30-5
W 7-5
Th 6:30-9
F 6:30-4
Sat 6-12

Gagggg me!
Anyway

That's what is up with me

TheKidsMom 04-16-2005 11:09 PM

Oprah and her 7:30pm cut off

Hey Butterfly--looks like your schedule is really challenging you this week! It reminds of this article I read in 'O' magazine last month re: Oprah's 'diet' program. She's got several of her office-mates doing boot camp with her and one of her IRON CLAD rules is NO NO NO Food after 7:30pm. HELLLOOOOO! Reality check please!

As I was eating dinner the other night at 7:20pm I was wondering what I would do if I was in her boot camp..........I'm assuming I would be shoveling as much food in as possible to make the 7:30pm cut off! I can just see the headlines "woman chokes to death trying to eat 10 points in 10 minutes'. Eating earlier in the evening is a great plan; but I can't imagine NOT eating dinner if I got home late!

Hang in there this week; I've not done great today, but I've logged every little flippin 'boy you shouldn't have eaten that!' point. Now THAT's progess for me!

Want2BAButterfly 04-19-2005 04:02 PM

Thanks Mom
I hung in!
I didn't kill over though I thought I was
LOL
my eating I counted didn't stay in points bracket on last day
didn't gain though
Thank You God
but was dissappointed I didn't stay OP

It is hard to log when u know u don't want to know
I proud of u for doing so.

I am going to get a ww scale and start wi on friday mornings doing at home wi's due to a time change and for money sake

I hope I can hang in

I have two great gals doing this with me so we will do this

TheKidsMom 04-21-2005 11:07 PM

A happy WI

Hey there! I'm happy to report a loss this week of 3.2 lbs! YIPPEEEEEE!

And before you ask, YES, I checked my leader's math! I wanted to make sure she had not made another mistake. I really do believe the excercise is the key--on days that I work out, I totally stay OP.......I'm not about to mess it up and make all the sweating count for nothing!

Plus, I have to admit that I feel really GOOD after working out.......sweaty, yes, by also energized and proud of myself. And that feeeling lasts way past lunch. Just remembering that I worked out makes me proud of myself all day. However, I argue with myself every morning re: 'am I working out today?'. I've only not gone a couple of times, so the 'good' me is winning so far. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I 'want' to go vs. 'have' to go.

How is the week going for you?

Spechele1990 04-22-2005 09:29 AM

Congratulations TheKidsMom way to go-
Butterfly, I posted a little intro ont he general site. I am doing ww at home and it is working out ok.
I will look around for you.
Spechele