Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #61  

Hey girls!
Linda, congrats on your loss, remember that any loss is better than a gain!

I'm doing ok, I have some tests to take this afternoon, I hope it all goes well, and then I have to book an appointment with a neurologist. I'm doing well diet-wise and I'm really hoping for a loss tomorrow. I just realised I've been plateauing for a couple of months, losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. I hope I'll break the cycle soon!

How are you all doing? Take care ladies!!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #62  

OOOHHHH, LINDA. I found your .4! It was on my scale last night! Oh, well. I consider that I had a NSSV. I started to get riled because the scale showed .4 up since Saturday. Then, I reevaluated and realized .4 over a few days is not worth getting upset about! Especially, since they moved the scale back up stairs and I knew I felt bloated. So, I might have had a loss. I’m just going to ignore this WI pretty much and see what happens next week. If no loss, I’m going to go ahead and move to 22 points, though it’s gonna hurt. A lot.

I was soooo excited to be back in the group! We got our new Bible study material and there are a lot of new people in the group. Some that are new to the church. About 6 of us are doing WW points w/ the other program. I might have had some influence with that, since I was almost the only one that stuck with it and had a good loss. But, I do not think it was just that I choose WW instead of the other program. It also has to do with determination. I hope it goes better for everyone this time around.

So, Dawny, how was the first No Count WI? I’m anxious to hear!

Nat – hope the tests go well! Painless, and all! And, I hope that after all this they can at least give you a diagnosis. I hate it when they run a bunch of tests, scratch their heads, and shrug their shoulders. And, you can knock that 2# soon!

So, where did everyone else go? Why do we keep running the new ones off, I wonder?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #63  

Melanie... thanks for telling me about this thread! BTW... where in Kentucky are you? We lived in Lexington for a few years (actually my husband and I met at UK) and my inlaws live in the 'ville.

My name is Meredith, and I started on program on Tuesday morning, and have been going strong since. I know there is always that beginner optimism. Believe me... I've been there before. I was on WW a while ago (after my first was born), and I did drop 25 pounds, so I know this program works. And when you read all the literature out there about tried and true programs, this one is ALWAYS mentioned.

On Monday, I weighed 281.6. My highest EVER! I mean... EVER!!! I have three children, and the weight just kept coming back on, and then some. When I had my first, I weighed around 220 (9 months pregnant), and then dropped some, but then gained it back. Then when I was pregnant with my son, I weighed around 240, and then went up to 250 with him, then stayed there until I became pregnant with my third. I stayed around 255 with her, and then this came on me in the last 20 months.

But here I am, looking for support and lending support because I SO know what it is like. I couldn't ride a roller coaster with my son over the summer because I couldn't strap myself in. And there were at least 30 people waiting in line with their kids as I had to let some strange woman ride with my son (bless her heart...) as I had to get out in shame and stand on the side and watch my son ride his first roller coaster without his mom. It was heartbreaking. I vowed to ride that ride in the summer, and I WILL!!!!!!!

So my first 10% goal is for March 30. I WILL do it. And if I don't, it isn't the end of the world. Goals are meant to be reached.... SOMEtime!!! But I will try my darndest to get there.

Thanks, everyone!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:51 AM   #64  

Hi, Meredith! Welcome to the thread! I’m in South Central KY, about 1 ½ hrs from Lexington, 30 min East of Bowling Green, in Glasgow. I actually grew up about 30 miles closer to TN, but have lived here for almost 8 years. I hardly ever find myself in Lexington, though. I went to college at WKU, but my niece is in her second semester at UK.

Just a brief history on me to catch you up… I do not have any kids (yet, though I expect to have a surprise pregnancy as soon as I hit goal, as that is life). DH and I married March of 2004. I tried WW a couple of years ago, but the love bug bit and I just dropped it. So, I was a 230.5# bride. In June, several ladies from church started the First Place group. I joined them, but I don’t like the food exchange meal plan, so I do WW points and meet with them each week for WI & Bible Study.

The story about the roller coaster was heartbreaking. I know I was very close to experiencing the same thing. I would have that moment of fear when getting on… “Will it still fit? What if I break it?” You can definitely join him on the ride by summer!

Hope your first week is a winning one!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #65  

Hey ladies!
Well, I just got back from the clinic. the tests were fine, and we'll get the results from the hormonal blood test tomorrow or on Monday. It is a bit frustrating though that everything seems fine and yet I do faint, but I try to see things from a positive view.

Welcome Meredith! The story about the roller coaster was indeed heartbreaking, and I know exactly how you felt, I've had this fear for ages. I'm just beginning to overcome it actually. Losing weight helps in all sorts of situations, not only for clothes or health reasons. It will influence positively everything in your life, and ours, so it really is something to look forward to!

Melanie, I hope next week will be better for you, but you know, a .4 gain is nothing at all!!

That's all from me, I'll post my WI results tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Take care ladies!!
Old 01-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #66  

Dawny, hope the weigh in goes well. I'm cheering you on! Melanie, so great about your DH's new job! You'll both be so much happier having to ease up a bit with the financial worry. Though, I can speak from experience that it seems that every time you get a raise, it just seems to be "gone" and makes little difference. Is it the cost of living or is it true that you really spend whatever you make?
Did I tell you all that my DH has a job interview on Saturday? I am praying that this job happens for him, he is so miserable where he is. This job would make our entire household happier as his unhappiness spread to the rest of us. When we are all unhappy, guess who heads for the food?
It's getting really colder out there today, about to light a cozy fire here. We had a chimney sweep come and I am looking forward to the fire being better? We've had smoke backing up into the house and I was told we had MANY dead squirrels and birds in the clean out space. Icky!
So, I've already used up some serious flex points in the last two days, I'm worrying. I've been really busy and have been under stress. I ended up really pigging out a bit more than I should have. So, it's time to begin "anew". I just got through wondering how many times a person could begin "anew" with a weight loss plan? I would be rich if I had a dollar for each time I began anew!
Oh well, at least I continue to try. My losses may be slow, some weeks there might be gains, but I am still not giving up. Gosh, isn't this HARD work?
The foods that we would love to be eating and in abundance sometimes seem to be calling to us like old friends who are just so comforting and "fun".
Linda
Old 01-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #67  

Hi, well last nights WI was a bit of an anti-climax, I stayed the same. At least I didn't gain anything. After much debating I have decided to count points this week. Even halfway through today I hadn't decided if I was doing 'nocount' or not, but I've ended up counting points, so there you go. I'm sure I will try no count again at some point, as I did feel I ate healthier.

Nat, good news on the tests. I know what you mean though about still not knowing what is causing the problems. It will surely come to light eventually.

Melanie, .4 is nothing as you well know. At least you aren't beating yourself up about it. You probably just forgot to cut your nails or something.

Linda, EEEk, dead squirrels don't sound good! I do hope they got rid of them all!
It does sound to me as if you think you are struggling a bit at the moment, both with your DH's situation and the eating thing. DH's situation is bound to change soon, he deserves some luck with how he's been recently - wish him luck with the interview!
The Main thing with the food is sticking with things, as you know, and I'm sure you will, we won't let you give up!!!

Meredith, welcome! It sounds as if you are really fired up and ready to really go for it this time. Good luck, and anything we can help you with, you know where we are! Just don't ask me for recipes, because I'm useless at cooking!!!

Oh well, gotta go for now, I'll be back tomorrow, see ya!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #68  

Melanie.... as a side note, my inlaws have a little cabin at Barren River!!!! Small world. One of my roommates was from Franklin, and another was from Bowling Green.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #69  

Meredith Small world, indeed! Barren River is just about 15 miles from me. I like to go there for the walking trails, beach, and some special events. We sometimes take FIL’s canoes out on the lake.

Linda – ew!!! I’m sooooo glad I am not a chimney sweep!!! As for the worry, I just suggest you read Psalm 111. It is a great reminder of who is really in control. v.3 & 4 “Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty. His righteousness never fails. Who can forget the wonders he performs? How gracious and merciful is our LORD!” He knows the job troubles, the money troubles, and the weight troubles. When you need comfort, prayer can work better than a donut!

Actually, I want to share with everyone my memory verse for this week because I think it is very inspiring. Phil. 3:14, “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” I really like that… “I press on toward the goal to win the prize,” For us, the “prize” may be healthy, fitness, a smaller thong. Whatever it is, we need to press on toward that goal.

Dawny – I DID forget to trim my nails! Shaved the legs, but forgot the nails. That’s the culprit! I’ll get ‘em next week! Sorry the scale didn’t move for you. Even if you do count points, there is no reason you can’t incorporate the healthier choices you were making last with No Count. We all should do that anyway! I’m really having trouble getting my fruit in. This is a bad time of year to start trying, but I know I need to. I just get tired of apples all the time, and I’m picky about my fruit’s ripeness, but too produce-ignorant to choose well.

Nat – Good luck with the test results and WI!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #70  

Hey girls!!
Good news to report: 2lbs down!!!! I'm very, very happy, it's the lowest I've been for a long, long time, I'm very very excited! I hope I've finally broken the plateau cycle!

I hope you're all doing well! Take care ladies and really sorry for the short post but I really, really have to study right now!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #71  

Natalie - Great WI!! 172 is awesom! I hope you're as proud of you as I am! Happy studying!

Well, it's pretty quiet at work for a Friday. Almost too quiet. I woke up this morning and had to debate whether it was Friday or Saturday. When I finally came to my senses, it was too late to exercise. I will have to make it up this afternoon.

Nothing exciting to report. Just thought I would check in.

Oh, I do have one thing to share... Chili dogs. That was last night's dinner. Turkey dog (2pt), bun (2pt), onion (free), canned chili (free, as it is only 10 cal.) Serve with baked chips or salad or both, and you have a great low point, very filling dinner! I will definately be making this a regular!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:26 PM   #72  

Good job, Natalie!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #73  

Gosh, so much to read here and NO time for me.... our pipes are frozen! It was -11 F when I got up and now it's "up" to -6, whoopie. Have to get rolling and so much to do. We are expecting possibly up to 3 feet of snow tonight.
So, I'll be back later as long as I don't have a power failure. Have to prepare.
Linda
Old 01-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #74  

Linda!!! I hope that doesn't happen. We had a terrible ice storm about 2 weeks ago, and were without power for 8 hours. They were LONG 8 hours with three children in a house that was 58 degrees! My Mom and Dad and sister were out for longer. It is rough!!!

Good luck!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #75  

HI all, Linda, I do hope you don't get too much awful weather, although for me, 3 feet of snow sounds like fun! Not the cold temperatures though. I'm always cold, the first sign of a cloud and the thick jumpers go on! Oh, and please don't send that much coldness over here either!

Not much to report really, I'm definitely back counting points for the time being, although I do think that the healthier eating of just one week is sticking with me. Don't feel like I'm losing weight though. I must try harder!

OK, well I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, keep warm - eat lots of no point soup to keep the bugs away! See you soon!
Closed Thread