Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #166  

Hey girls, just a short post. My scan came out fine, good news that is. I'm kinda frustrated though, the scan was a bit scary and the "all-good" from every test I've done makes me kinda pissed off. Sorry about that, but what on earth is wrong with me? I guess I'll be on the pill now. Anyway, thanks for your kind interest!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:57 AM   #167  

Hi, Nat, I'm so pleased for you. I know how scared you was about this scan, but I knew you would be fine - I could feel it in my water! It was obviously being used just for elimination purposes. I know what you mean though, much as you want and need the good news, not knowing still what is causing the problem is a real pain. The pill won't be the end of the world though, and at least you will know then that if it does the trick, that it's purely a hormonal thing.

Melanie, can't believe that about your car. I always begrudge paying out for car things at the best of times, but when the bill keeps going up its worse. We have had a similar thing at the moment. Our car sprang a little leak, nothing major, but the place DH took it too to be looked at was a main renault dealer and were going to charge us £1100 +. We said thanks but no thanks! We took it to a little man who is doing us the exact same job, plus a service etc for about £450. Just a bit of difference. Work on the budget Mel.

Well this morning I have the mother of all hangovers. I went out with the girls from work last night, not really a regular thing. We went round to one of my colleague's ex-husband's house. She invited us round to his without telling him until the last minute, but he didn't seem to mind, and he even cooked for us! (its a strange relationship between them, but that's another story!) I had several glasses of wine, and as I hardly drink anymore, it went straight to my head. I was very 'tipsy' last night, but maybe it did me good to get out and work off some of that upset from the past few weeks, and from Thursday. I still feel that the room is spinning a bit, and I am supposed to be going to the big supermarket for a big shop today, but I can't face that for a while yet! I'll be back later when I feel a bit more part of the ordinary world again. See ya later.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #168  

Cool Saturday morning

First, just want to say that I'm sick. The kids have had a cold type of virus this week and now I have it. Didn't have the energy to sit here at the computer yesterday. But, I'm here, thought a bit "slower" than usual. Was up half the night as I was so congested. Seems like lots of people around this area are sick, it's just that time of year. I went to a store to buy cold and cough medications and the shelves were almost bare!
Dawny, glad you got the services over with. It is time to be at peace and move on. It will be hard, but you will do it!
Wow, three pounds to get to goal! Dawny, I am just so proud of you! What an example for the rest of us.
I think maintenance is hard, though, so stick with us and WW and you'll do fine!
The huge portion of cake with the cream inside sounds like just what you needed! Sometimes food really is a great comfort. A time like that makes it ok, as well.
Melanie, wow that is one expensive car repair you have. For that price, you could just buy an inexpensive used car and get rid of the other car, would that make more sense? No wonder you are down in the dumps. With us, it has always seemed that whenever we feel as if we've gotten ahead financially, something like this happens and that is that. We're having a new septic system/leach field installed at this house and we just have to do it. We're not happy, and are spending a fortune on it, but have no other choice.
Melanie, I hope your DH and you find a way to work out this shift change. In a few weeks, it will seem less lonely. Try to make plans to go out with a girlfriend and do something after he leaves one night. Pick a friend that you really need to catch up with. Maybe go out to a movie or walk together? Nighttime is hard to walk, but maybe in a shopping mall? You'd get to chat, see a friend and window shop all at once! Maybe even have a low fat frozen yogurt or something for fun?
So, you are cutting down to 22 points a day? It's hard, believe me. I have only 20 points a day now and feel, often, as if it just isn't enough. Yet, I get by with my flex points and exercise to earn more. It sure does motivate me to exercise, though!
Nat, I am SO happy to hear your scan came out ok! Now you can relax! I know what you mean, though about being kind of "pissed off" as with all the testing, it would have been nice to find a definitive answer. I was reading up on menstrual problems recently, by the way, as my daughter has her issues with this and they just put her on the pill as well. But, one thing I took note of and discussed with her is putting more iron in her diet, or taking supplements. Often, young ladies just need to replenish the blood loss and iron truly helps. So, eat spinach, raisins, red meat! What else has high iron content?
Dawny, I just had a big smile on my face reading about your hangover! You bad thing you! How funny! I hope you had a great time. Sounds like just what you needed, though, after everything that's gone on. Take some aspirin and an extra vitamin today and you'll do ok! Also, I think caffeine might be helpful? Poor thing!
Well, time for me to move along a bit. I'm awfully tired and this virus is not a fun one. I won't go as far as to say it's "the flu" and I won't say it's a cold, either, but similar to both in a way. Oh well, I was bound to get it with two kids in the house sick, right?
I just have to get better and not end up coughing and losing my voice by Wednesday, I have to conduct a meeting Wed. evening and be a speaker! With my luck, I'll be barely able to talk. Both my kids lost their voices at different times this week.
Wish me luck!
Oh yes, today is day 4 without chocolate! I'm doing well in giving it up for Lent! I'm not going wild for it as much, interesting.
Linda, ah-chooooo!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #169  

Linda, just want to say 'get well soon'! These cold/flu-y type things are awful, and can be hard work to shift too. You should get dosed up on the vitamins too, thanks for the advice by the way! I'm feeling a little better now, still a bit delicate, but I have at least managed to face the supermarket. Of course, because I was in no real fit state to write a proper list I forgot a few things (whats new?) so will have to go back in the next couple of days anyway.
Congrats on your Frisky diva keeping you well away from the choc. If it was me, particularly with a cold, I would be struggling by now. I have, in fact, just this minute, finished two WW double chocolate chip cookies, for 1.5pts for both. First time I've tried them, and quite tasty they were too. Sorry, maybe I shouldn't be going on about the chocolate when you are doing so well.
Did I mention that My leader is leaving next week? I know your leader left, didn't she Linda, fairly recently? Do you find your new leader as good as the last one? Do you have the same kind of 'connection' with someone different, when you have got to know one inside and out? I'm dreading it, but she has given me her private cell phone number, and email address, and insists I keep in touch, and let her know when I reach goal. I'll miss her.
Ok, I'll get off for now, have a great weekend, and keep stockpiling the tissues! We'll all need them soon!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #170  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I'm around...back on plan come tomorrow (going food shopping today!)

Hope all are well!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #171  

Default Buying a scale today

All right... I am buying a scale today. We have one, but it weighs me weird... like 20 some pounds lighter. While I would LOVE to keep this scale, it just isn't at all reliable (understatement of the year there, huh? )

So I am getting a new scale today.

Sorry I haven't been on this week... DS had the tummy flu at the end of last week/beginning of this, DD # 1 had to follow suit majorly bad on Wed. night, and then DD # 2 had to follow then about 7 hours later at 1 am!!! OY! Needless to say, I am needing a little retail therapy and, although I haven't reached a 10 percent goal yet, I am feeling the need to go and buy a new outfit. WE are getting new pillows too... just NASTY to keep these!

Ok... that is enough information for you all. I have weigh in tomorrow night, and I guess I am feeling the need to prepare myself, because this really wasn't a great week. I was on OP all week, just not the way I would have liked. Make sense?

Ok... I have rambled long enough. We are going to Bob Evans for lunch... I better go take a look and see what I can eat and not blow the points budget today of all days!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:32 AM   #172  

Hi all!
Well, this weekend was absolutely "the pitts", no other way around it. However, I stayed on track, amazingly. First, three out of four of the family (including me) are sick and second, my DH is going to quit his job. He can't take it anymore, he works for "the boss from ****". This is going to put us in jeopardy, but I understand how he is at a breaking point and that he can't go on. So, it's going to mean tightening up the budget, and it will mean no more WW meetings for Jamie and I. I am a lifetime member, though, and can go to meetings and only weigh in once a month, so I might be able to go still. We'll see.
But, I am going to go out and look for a part time job, every penny counts. I must wait until I feel better, though, no one wants to hire a coughing person whose voice is squeeky!
I think the stress of all of this, plus being sick worked well for me, though, as when I ended the day yesterday, I still have three points left. I just didn't care if I ate or not, kind of. Really unusual for me!
I have not done any exercise though, as I just haven't felt up to it.
Meredith, the new outfit sounds good to me!
Dawny, my leader left about three or four weeks before Christmas and we had word that she won't be back. Our new leader if good, but different. She tries very hard and has a different style. I think I am equally successful with the new leader as I was with the last one. EAch leader has a totally different way of handling things, the first one that left was very humorous and she made the meetings much more fun, but the new leader really works hard to get the points across and does a good job, she uses lots of "props" as well, always has made little goodies for us as momentos and reminders.
Linda
Old 02-14-2005, 10:45 AM   #173  

Red face Mornin'

Good Morning Ladies ,

How was everyone's Valentine weekend? I had a really good weekend, my husband was super duper sweet (but he always is). I had one chocolate covered strawberry yesterday, but then I also walked 2 miles on the treadmill after that. Did anyone over indulge in the sweets this weekend? Well I weighed in on Friday, and I lost one pound and I'll take it ! Looking forward to this week, I know it'll be even better....

I hope everyone has a Blessed Day, I haven't had a chance to read up on the post but don't worry I will (plus I know everyone is doing FAB' anyway)...
Old 02-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #174  

Just popped in to let you all know I'm doing rubbish this week. Eating like a pig, and feeling like one too. That's TOM for you.
I just don't seem to have enough points to go around at the moment. I need to get into gear and start acting like someone almost at goal, not like someone who seems to be giving up or never started in the first place.

Anyway, gripe over. Back later.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:37 AM   #175  

Had my weigh in last night, and I am down another 3.4 pounds, for a total of 15.4 pounds. Do you all ever just wait for that ONE weigh in where you KNOW you won't lose weight? I have to stop being such a pessimist and just live my life, not in fear, but in joyous anticipation.

Dawny... I completely understand about needing to fulfill those basic cravings... we all have those days.

Linda... sorry to hear about the illnesses in your family, and hope that your DH finds some peace in his work. That is horrid when you have to work for someone you can't stand. I did it for 2 1/2 years and never went back. My leaving my job came at the time that I had my first child, and we did have some financial crunches, but we made it. Good luck!

I did not get the outfit... I will sometime soon, though, I think. I also didn't get my scale. THAT I do want... but then again, maybe I don't. I don't know anymore.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #176  

Hey girls!

I'm doing rubbish food-wise, as well, but I'm so happy right now!! I'm flying to Copenhagen tomorrow!!!!! I won a radio competition and I'm going to Denmark tomorrow to see R.E.M. (my favourite band) live! I'll be back on Friday, I'm so, so, so excited!!!!! I'm taking my sister with me, I'm sure we'll have loads of fun!

It's been some much-needed good news, I've been feeling poorly the last few days, this is the best gift ever!!

I hope you're all doing well, I'll talk when I get back. Take care ladies!!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #177  

Hello all. Gee, today feels suspiciously like another Monday so far. I woke up at 5 a.m. with a tummy ache, but it’s getting better, so maybe it has passed. Hope your house is on the mend, Linda.

Oh, Linda. I’m so sorry about DH’s job. I hope he finds something else soon. It’s horrible that one person can make a job so miserable for everyone else. Just make sure that as you tighten your budget, you leave internet for last! Good luck with finding that part-time job too. But, on a chipper note – way to go on the chocolate commitment! Amazing!

Dawny – Poor, hung-over Dawny. Well, I’m sure that has passed by now. I’m glad your spirits have lifted. Just be careful with that food! You are so close, it would be tragic to backtrack now!

Great WI Meredith! Gosh, I miss those big losses! I’m to the point where a #1 loss is good and anything over is great. I don’t worry much about weeks with no losses. It is discouraging, but it happens. Sometimes your bod just needs a week to catch up, or a special event will toss you off program. Just keep making healthy choices and you have nothing to fear!

Wow! Natalie is havin’ some fun! This is wonderful and much needed to take your mind off the recent irritations. Be safe and have a blast!

Well, I should get my car at noon. It will end up being $1400-$1500 total. It really seemed to make more sense to go ahead and get this one fixed. There is no way that we could get a good car for the cost of getting this one repaired, and we do NOT want another car payment. Besides, this really has been a good car and should last me a few more years without major trouble. I couldn’t say that about a $2k car I might purchase. I’m just glad to be getting it back. And, it’s great timing. DH called last night and told me he is scheduled to cover for someone on vacation and has to work Saturday and Sunday nights. That would have left me homebound or seeking rides for sure. Poor guy. He hobbled in the house this morning. He’s having trouble with his heels as he now has to stand most of the night he is there. He thinks maybe heel spurs, but I don’t know. Just between us, if he has a runny nose, he thinks it’s pneumonia. So, I never know how seriously it actually is. I guess I need to find some info on spurs. But, I don’t know how he is going to add 2 shifts when he can hardly walk this morning. I guess we’ll just have to see how it goes. Anyway, that leaves me free Sat. night. Anyone want to go out?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #178  

Hi girls, how you doin'?

Meredith, wonderful result for you again! Keep it up. I, also, no longer worry if I don't lose in a week, but the first time it happens it can seriously 'do your head in', if you let it. But don't. As Melanie wisely said, some weeks your body will just not want to do it. Or you may be a bit ill and your body will concentrate on getting well instead. For the time being, look forward to these great losses you are having and your new outfits to come!

Linda, sorry to hear that DH is finally quitting. Sometimes though, it really is the only option. I've been in that position before and just had to walk out. Something else always turns up when you really need it. With his experience he'll be fine - and hopefully stress-free. My DH had worked in the same place for over 20 years, and finally bit the bullet and went for a new job last september - it was the best move he's made in years. Good luck to him, I'll be thinking of you all. Hope you are all feeling better too, you will soon be over the worst of it and not squeaking so much. Get well soon!

Melanie, I'm up for a girls night out on Saturday if you are! Shame I can't afford the flight! Glad you are getting the car back, although not half as glad as you are by the sounds of it! Hope the tummy ache doesn't return for a bit. I think mine the other day was just major stress. I feel tons better now, an occasional twinge only, so I won't visiting the doc for a while yet, thank goodness.

Nat, wow, Copenhagen! Have a great time! I never win anything. Oh, I once won a bottle of whiskey in a raffle-thingy, but I can't stand the stuff, so that was a good one! Oh yeah, I did once win a cd on a radio show, not bad either but never holidays! Enjoy the show too, take care.

Well, its WI tomorrow, I'm not expecting wonders, maybe a maintain, we'll see. And its my leaders last night, so it will be a sad one. But new beginnings and all that. It may just give me that extra little boost I need to get to goal. One of my friends is pressurising me at the moment to go in for one of those 'makeover' success stories in the WW magazine. It would be lovely to get made up and a photo shoot, but I think a bit embarrassing too. Never was one for having my picture taken. She'll have to keep persuading a bit longer yet I think. Anyway, gotta fly for now, have a good day!
Old 02-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #179  

Dawny - I say go for the magazine item! I love reading those, but lately they seem to have trouble finding anyone to do it that has lost more than 10 or 15#. You would a great inspiration! You are to us! Hope WI goes well tomorrow and isn't too sad. I'm sure she will plan something great for her last night. Oh, and too bad about the airfare! It would be fun!

I got my car back about an hour ago. So far, so good. It's nice to not have to bum a ride home this evening!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #180  

My favorite saying is: I can't even win a trip to the bathroom! LOL!

Copenhagen sounds AWESOME!!! How fun!!!!
Closed Thread