Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 11:08 AM   #1  

Question

I am 5'3 and want to lose about 20-25 lbs.

I stick to low point foods all day - I am just one who gets cranky and can't concentrate at work when I'm hungry, so I do eat frequent snacks throughout the day, but it is always low point - 2 pt. yogurt, 1 pt. fruit, etc. I end up going over my allowed points - but usually only by just a point or 2. I find that these couple of points are the differnce between me being very hungry (and then sometimes caving and eating something that puts me WAY over my points!) and me being able to survive on this program.

I have still managed to lose a few pounds this way, but very slowly, and I am just discouraged. I really want to stick to this, but I can't be hungry all the time!

150/144/125
Old 04-30-2001, 11:54 AM   #2  
Parrothead

Default Hi there fellow Ag!

I'm in the same boat. I always have a hard time staying in range since I'm in the low range. Working out is the only way I've been able to lose these past few weeks (yuk). I have also cut back on the alcohol (double yuk). With the new activity point system, you can earn more points and feel more satisfied. Also, try mixing up your proteins and carbs in a different ratio than your current one. I require a high level of proteins to stay full, so I try to get in a good amount of protein points in. Make sure you are driking enough water. Sometimes thirst tricks your body into thinking it is hungry.

Over all I wouldn't worry about going over by 2 most days. That is how I've been doing it and I've been able to lose so far. In fact, I haven't had a week completely in my range since I got into this range .

Keep up the good work, try not to get discouraged! It takes a while. I've been OP since November.

Good Luck and Gig 'Em
Old 04-30-2001, 10:33 PM   #3  

I guess as long as I am losing (even if it's slowly!) I won't fret over an extra point or 2 here and there. Of course if I could STICK TO my execise plan that would help. I start out the week with the best intentions...

I'll also look at my protien intake. I was thinking of adding to my journal a quick note of how I feel that day -satisfied, hungry, craving something...and see if there is a pattern or correlation to the amount of protien vs. carbs I am getting.

Take care!

Aggie G. (class of '92)
Old 04-30-2001, 11:02 PM   #4  

Default Eating and feeling full

Aggie, don't you have a Whole Foods grocery store in Arlington? I think that is where we found it when we very visiting just over a month ago. Get your self some Kashi Go Lean Bars, Kashi Go Lean Cereal and the new Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal. These products are very filling. The Go Lean Bars are large and 5 pts but 1/2 will fill you up with your water. The Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal with 123 is 2 pts for a cup. Dry it tastes like Cracker Jack and very filling. If they don't carry it ask them to get it. I know they have some Kashi cereal because I saw it there. www.kashi.com has a location map with the stores listed for each state that carries their products. Fiber and water will fill you up so you don't have hunger pangs.
Old 05-01-2001, 10:52 AM   #5  

I am also in the 18 to 23 point range and generally am not hungry. I try to eat about 5 points each for breakfast and lunch, which leaves me 13 points for dinner and snacks. At lunch I usually try to have either the ff turkey, ham, pastrami, etc. which are only 1 point for 6 slices, lettuce, tomato, 1 tsp. mayo, 2 slices of reduced calorie bread, which makes a terrificly filling lunch for only 3 points. For snacks, I sometimes have a Quaker chewy granola bar - 2 points ; 15 fff Pringles,- 1 point; or a WW frozen desert. Try planning out a day's menu beforehand - that sometimes helps. But most important, don't give up. I also don't think going over points every day, even if it is only 1 or 2, is a good idea. Also, I understand adding a little more protein is a great help. Good luck to you. Also, I keep a pot of the 0 point soup handy, so if I'm really hungry, I can fill up on that.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:29 AM   #6  

Default Staying low point

I hit my 10% Saturday, really enjoyed getting the key ring and applause. When I entered it in my WW points calculator, I realized I was now in the lower point range. I was always a point or two over and still managed to lose, so I guess I'll make it.

I've been very aware of the psychological aspects of weight loss this time. If I'm weighing in lighter, it helps me stay on program. If I'm the same or up, it's very hard to stick with it.

A buddy said she stuck at one weight for 3 months; I'm not sure I would have kept paying for meetings that long.

I bought shredded wheat without calculating it, and it's higher in points. So it's back to the Food Coop for Kashi cereal. I haven't seen the Go Lean there.
Old 05-01-2001, 12:23 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

There are 2 great threads on this topic at Dotti's

Here they are:

http://pub38.************/fdottiswei...icID=490.topic

http://pub38.************/fdottiswei...icID=327.topic
Closed Thread