Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #76  

Good morning y'all! Congrats on all of the losses!! I hope everyone is back in control and OP today! I worked yesterday and today I will clean house and exercise....and that is about it. I am thankful I can stay home today and get it done. This Mon, Tues, and Wed, I may not be on here. We are having hard wood floors put down in our living room, hall, and study. The computer is in the study so..... It will also mean three nights of take outs, but I have a plan!!! Well, it is time for breakfast(ff,sf yogurt) then I'll get on my Gazelle for workout #1 of the day!! Y'all have a BLESSED day!!\0/ Lynn
Old 10-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #77  

Just a quick visit today, cooking tonight, steak and salad should go down well with DH, and I think I have enough points...the 18 points is good for normal weekdays but weekends or special meals are a bit of a stuggle, but been on the treadmill earlier to earn one or two extra to play with!

Angela, hi, I think you are going to have a great time with the kids, actually, we don't do that much over here for halloween. We may do a pumpkin, as AJ seems quite keen on that at the moment, and he has a 'scary' mask, but that's about it. We may get one or two trick or treaters come around, but they usually try it on for around a week or so before the actual day, is that the same everywhere? On Nov 5th, we have 'bonfire night', or 'Guy Fawkes night', where people up and down the country light bonfires (obviously), and have firework parties. You find kids trekking around for weeks beforehand too making a 'Guy' to sit on top of the bonfire, and they often come knocking on the door asking for 'penny for the Guy', more like penny for some sweeties! Alot more is made of bonfire night than Halloween here, although I have to say, the shops are full of toy pumpkins and 'scary' items now. You just don't see people actually buying or using any of them. I do envy a little how you guys in the US have such a good time on these holidays, and make the most of the occasions. Sometimes I think that maybe we Brits are a bit too 'stiff upper lipped' (no offence intended to anyone out there) and don't always know how to enjoy ourselves properly.
Thanks also for your encouragement about my dodgy comments I received yesterday. Hopefully not everyone feels the same!

Lyn, hope you enjoy your workout, you certainly seem to get quite a few of them in!

Anyway, going for now, DH only just got in from work, and he's shattered - been there since 6 am and didn't get in last night until almost 10pm (from 8am), so he thinks he needs a bit of tlc. See ya later.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:25 PM   #78  

Hi Y'all!! Just thought I would check in....Angela...earlier today I think we were posting at the same time...I hope you have a great time w/the boys!! When my daughter turned 5(her b-day is Nov. 4th) we had a costume party w/Halloween theme......We had it early....We decorated spooky and everyone including the adults came dressed up...It was one of her best parties ever!!
Dawny, Is Guy Fawkes a real person? What is that about? Sounds like fun!! I am lucky as far as Halloween candy goes....We moved to the country almost 8 years ago and we have never had 1 trick or treater....so no need to buy the candy...If one happens to knock I guess I will give out a ww bar or something!!LOL I do have to deal w/it at work....I work at Curves, but the owner puts out candy!! CRAZY!! I'll make it though.. Ok I have had 2 workouts so far and need to get my 3rd one in and possibly a fourth..we'll see....I just do 20 min at a time....It is just something I am trying out. I used to do 1 hour at a time....I am liking this much better....I'll check back in soon!! Lynn
Old 10-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #79  

Well, I'm home for a while. I'll go back in the morning probably, but since it's so close, it was better to come home and sleep tonight so I have my stuff to get ready for church in the morning.

We had lots of fun, played games, did makeovers, basically a 2 day slumber party. Most everyone liked my LF offerings. So, the result for me... OP yesterday. Used 10 FPs today. I did my best to write down EVERYTHING after each meal or snack. At dinner, I used the dinner plate for salad and salad bowl for lasagna. And we did a bit of walking this morning. Overall, I think it went well. There was a yummy looking pumpkin/cream cheese pie that I would have loved, but I decided I love me more. I will have breakfast at home tomorrow and then go over for one more devotional session in the morning.

Lyn - Hope the remodel goes well, and fast. I hate having my home is disarray! Good luck with the candy at work! I was not used to having trick or treaters since I grew up in the country, but now I live in town and it is fun. I don't know what I will be doing this year, though.

Dawny - bad man at work! But, I can top it. The person I replaced at my office about 7 years ago left because she was having twins. Someone mistook me for her when I started!! I still remember wanting to curl up under the desk. Or knock him under it! Men can say goofy stuff. Enjoy your steak. And enjoy the progress you are making. Keep that stiff upper lip!! DH is too growd up to take part in some of the holiday fun too. It is a tricky holiday for a lot of Christians. It's another thing that we have had to learn to compromise on.

I think I will start getting ready for bed so I can make up some exercise tomorrow. I managed a 20 minute walk today, but I know I need more!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #80  

Hi, hope you are all having a good Sunday. I don't know if its the same in your part of the world, wherever you all are, but in the UK, twice a year, we alter the clocks. Once in spring, and hour forward, and once in the Autumn, an hour back, supposedly to give us better daylight hours. We have to do this next weekend so we get an extra hour in bed, in theory! DH thought it was this weekend, so before we went to bed last night, we went around the house changing all the clocks over, and had a lovely long lie in this morning, I even told AJ he had to stay in bed till later. Of course as soon as the radio got turned on we realised we were running an hour behind the rest of the country. But whats new. We always were a bit behind in our house anyway!!! So all our clocks were all put back to normal, and it did turn out that the guy on the radio had done the same thing. At least we didn't have to be in work today!

Melanie, sounds as if your weekend retreat is doing you the world of good, and even better that you got to sleep in your own bed last night. Better than a floor and sleeping bag anyday! I knew your lf food would go down well. Most people can never tell the difference anyway, and they can always stock up on the cakes afterwards if they are still hungry!

Lyn, hope your flooring will not cause you too much upheaval. We did the same thing last year, in the week up to Christmas - not a good time to choose, but you know what its like when you decide to get something done. Of course, the man found we had floor problems half way through the job and couldn't finish it until the new year, after we'd had to have a builder in! Looks great now though, worth all the effort!
Guy Fawkes by the way was a real guy from several hundred years ago that tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament. A bit like some kind of olden day terrorist I guess. They wanted to run the country themselves, but they failed, and for some reason we celebrate their failure to this day by burning likenesses of him on our bonfires. Actually, most of the 'Guys' these days end up looking very similar to someone we know, like a boss or dodgy neighbour! The fireworks are great, but I think that more and more people now go to organised events rather than the danger of having fireworks in small back gardens. The weather is always the same on bonfire night too, damp, misty and cold. Mushy peas are a favourite of many people to eat to keep warm whilst outside, not one of my choices I have to say, although not too bad point wise! Whether or not we will take AJ to a bonfire this year remains to be seen, as he's usually in bed quite early, and could well fall asleep before we even get anywhere!

Oh well, I'll get off for now, Linda how are you, not heard too much of you lately.
Take care.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #81  

Hi, all! Just a few minutes to post before my next adventure! This has been a wonderful weekend. I didn't get up in time to exercise, but I managed to get in plenty! One of our friends had a birthday party for their 3 year old at a place called Extreme Gymnastics. There is one room with a blow up slide and HUGE set of tunnels going up to climb in. Yep, I was in there climbing. There is another big room for tumbling and gymnastics that we got to use. DH and I played with everyone's kids and were kids ourselves. There was a pit of foam to jump in, trampoline floors, vaults, spring boards. Everything was padded to fall all over. I ran around like a kid for at least 1 1/2 hours! And only had 2 bites of DH's birthday cake. I will definately be sore tomorrow, but it was a blast. I was definately appreciating the weight loss today when I was in the tunnels. It is something that would not have been as much fun if I was 40# heavier!

Now, I get to go play with more kids at church. Oh, life is hard.

Dawny - thanks for the laugh! I bet you had a good one when you realized about the clocks! Now, let's hope you don't forget next week!

Well, I had better go figure out how to get the ink off from the confetti I stuck to my forehead! Yes. I refuse to grow up!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #82  

Hi Ya'll!! Just stop by for a second..... I went to church today.....got to wear my new poncho!! I didn't exercise today...I am sticking w/6 days per week...I am doing great point wise...I actually have alot of points for tonight...Oh let me tell y'all what I cooked...I got it at Wal-Mart...It is called Garlic Herb Chicken...It is w/the frozen chicken.... It is chicken breast and they are already seasoned...It may be Wal-Mart brand...anyway I just open em up and throw em in the pan..still frozen...add potatoes and carrots, onions, mushrooms,ect....cook at 400 degrees for 1 hour...delish!! Oh yea and I spray the pan w/Pam and it is a covered pan.....dutch oven...or any covered pan//the chicken is 4 ounces for 3 pts....My whole family loves it.
Dawny, thanks for telling me about Guy...sounds to me like y'all know how to have fun!!! Oh and how funny about the clocks...I think we do ours next week also....
Melanie, sounds like you are having a blast and totally OP!! Yeehaw!!!
Oh, I don't think they will be here until Tuesday to do our floors...so I should be on here tomorrow,but if I'm not y'all know why....see y'all soon!! Lynn
Old 10-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #83  

Cool End of the weekend

Hello Ladies!

Dawny- that is sooo something I would do... typically I don't have a clue when I'm supposed to 'spring forward' or 'fall back' which is how 'we' or at least I've always been taught to remember whether to set the clocks forward or backward in the spring or fall. Have never had a clue about when or why, nobody could really convince me it's worthwhile, just messes up my internal clock but I'm still trying to learn that it's really NOT all about me Thanks for a little education about Guy ... sounds like ALOT of fun to me.

Melanie - glad you got to have fun at the birthday party. Sounds like something I'd enjoy going to. I'm usually the one hanging out with the kids too. Adults are usually just too stuffy. Not sure I could fit thru the tunnels yet. Maybe by the time the boys parties come around next year I'll feel like I could crawl thru without falling thru!

Lynn - that dish sounds yummy! Even for the non cook of the group. Sounds like something even I could cook. And I even have one of those dutch oven thingys. I remembe Mom calling it that and us having a conversation about why she was calling it that instead of just a big pot with a lid on it... oh well. I'm hopeless My mom just re-modeled her entire house. It took about a year and a half. I mean she re-did everything. Her open house was last weekend. She lived in what felt like a construction site for the entire time. Good luck getting through having the floors put down!

My weekend was busy! The boys wore me out! They had alot of fun. We baked cookies (I had only two - which in and of itself is simply amazing) and played ourselves silly. It's the first time they've been over since my X moved out. I was so stressed about them coming over, just sure they'd notice the big empty space. They only thing they noticed was the new television in their room I mean ya'll... this apartment is DRASTICALLY different looking... and they are CLUELESS... and it's not like they are really really small... but all they noticed was their little world. Guess as long as I'm OK, they're OK.... They asked where she was, I told them the truth, that she was at a workshop.... they never asked again... then she came over later to bake cookies and went to dinner with us... she was here when they went to bed but gone again this morning when they got up... the baby asked about her, he adores her (he's 2) and I told him she was working (which was true) and the day went on... Guess I put more on that stuff than they do... Anyway, THAT's overwith... I was really stressing over that first time .... I don't feel the need to really go into the whole explaination with them. Obviously they didn't really notice
Old 10-25-2004, 02:12 AM   #84  

Hi everyone. It's 2:00 am and I up. Not feeling well and I wonder what is going on. I think it's indegestion or a muscle pull, but I have a pain in my chest, right on my left side. So, here I am worrying and wondering if I should be paniking, waking up my husband and dragging us all to the EMR.... not sure what is going on. No matter what, I'll be checking in with my doctor during the day, at least.
Just checked woman's heart attack symptoms on line and as I can't sleep and am worried, thought I'd post here.
Don't be worrying about me, though, I am sure it's nothing and I'll be fine.
Dawny, whoever that person is that made the "expecting" remark, they should know better - pretty rude! Just look at how much you've lost, you know you are looking good and that person might have detected a "glow" about you vs. you looking heavy!
Angela, sounds like you have been in trouble. What can you be doing to stay on track better?
Melanie, hope the car is ok. How far is it to the places you need to go? I could never be without a car in this area!
Nat, I've had some bad food choices as well recently. I wasn't feeling guilty about the doughnut holes, but I certainly AM feeling guilty right now as I really kind of blew it this weekend.
Well, gotta go, but I will be checking in with my doctor soon.
Linda
Old 10-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #85  

Good morning!

Linda-hope your feeling ok. Hope it was indigestion and not anything more serious! You know we'll all be checking the boards making sure you 'check in' soon!! As far as what's going on with me and what I can be doing to do 'better' - I'm pretty sure it's called going thru a break-up... just typical for what happens to folks when they are going through a rough emotinal time. Hard to keep all the balls in the air so to speak. Guess I'm not doing too badly considering I'm still on program and losing!?! I also have an incredibly busy, demanding job. Been closing deals left and right which is very exciting and rewarding for me.

Please check in with us and let us know you are doing ok!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #86  

Linda - Yes! Get to the doc today even if you start feeling better! And let us know how you are! It's probably just gas, but you can not be too careful with such things! We'll talk about the food choices later. As for the walking, my office is about 1/2 mile away and there is a grocery closer than that. A convenience store on the corner. I'm making DH take me shopping this afternoon since the less expensive, better stocked grocery is across town. It is predicted to be a lovely day, so I will probably walk home at lunch, but not this morning. It's 47 deg right now. Not appealing to me!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 AM   #87  

Hey guys, I'm here!
I ended up taking a trip to the emergency room this morning with chest pain, my doctor will be following up with me tomorrow. They don't feel I had a heart attack, but ran all the appropriate tests. I feel better just knowing they ran the tests!
They do think I have what is called Costochonditis, check this out:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C598186.html#H1
It seems to be skeletal and I probably did this to myself???? They think my weight lifting and working out is a contributing factor. Have to admit I was pretty scared.
I had an IV and they gave me an anti inflamitory drug to hopefully help calm things down.
I'm going to lie down now for awhile. Didn't get much sleep and have to admit I am feeling a bit "off". What next?
Linda
Old 10-25-2004, 09:28 AM   #88  

Good morning y'all!!!
Linda, Please check in and tell us how you are.....
Angela, amazing!! You are losing through all of this!! Way to go!!
I have a very busy day planned today. First...gotta exersize..Then my daughter and I are going to Jackson(1 hour away) to Sams need things like Splenda and Snuggles..Oh and at my meeting I heard of some delish 2 pt bagels there....I'll report to y'all about them later...Then we have to go buy hair products....I am a licensed Cosmotologist. I haven't done hair in 10 years, but I keep up my license so I can buy the good products. Then we will come back home, put up stuff and stop and pick up my daughter's friend....then the girls will drop me off at my WW meeting....then they will pick me up and we will go to bible study..I will make 1 pt haystacks to carry...then we won't get home til about 10:30 tonight!! I am an early bird, so this is a very late night for me.
The floor people called and said they won't be here until Tuesday morning at about 9:00, so I'll be getting up early Tuesday morning to finish up some things....I will not think of these next few days....I will concentrate on the finished work!!LOL..Ok Y'all I will try to check in this afternoon, but if not, maybe I'll get a chance on here in the morning before we unhook our computer....BOO-HOO!!! Lynn
Old 10-25-2004, 10:42 AM   #89  

Linda - "Poor Baby" It sounds like a dreadful night. And I thought I had it bad because DH had chili for dinner and the spice are still oozing from him. I know this has to be so aggrivating for you. And to think, exercise can be bad for you! I hope your doc can give you more info tomorrow. Get good rest and tell your family I said they better pamper you!

Lyn - I like to drive to different places to see what new stuff I can find too. I stop at the Super Walmart occasionally to stock up on things. I believe we are getting a Sams here soon. Super W is on its way. I like the frozen chicken breasts too. But, because of limited freezer space, I just get the unseasoned so I can buy one bag to do different things with. I'm glad you got to wear your poncho yesterday! It shouldn't be first priority, but it's great to feel you look good.

Well, I am quite sore from my adventures at the birthday party yesterday! I think my gymnastics career is over. But I did have fun on all the mats and helping the kids tumble. Another friend's child is having a party this Friday. DH and I are talking about crashing.

Later!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #90  

Hi there,

OOOh, Linda, I do hope you are feeling much better, at least now it looks as if its a self inflicted thing rather than anything more serious. I'm so glad you saw the sense in getting things checked over rather than leaving it. I'm terrible for my 'wait and see' attitude if I'm ill, or anyone else for that matter, but chest pain is always a worry at any time, and I'm glad you went. I'll check out that link and see what it's all about, then at least we can suffer along with you!

Angela, glad you had a good weekend with the boys. Little lads certainly can keep you on your toes! If nothing else, they tend to be good for burning off a few extra cals!

Lyn, so what exactly is a cosmotologist? Obviously something to do with hair, but other than that I'm ignorant. It sounds like your super Walmarts are massive, and filled with just about everything going. We have Walmart here too in the form of Asda, but generally, I find that other than lots more WW products, I don't find it much more worth visiting than my local Tesco, which is big enough in itself. I guess if we ever got the real mcCoy it would be a different tale.

Melanie, Oh, I would have loved to have seen you doing the gymnastics - the images in my mind are worth a million dollars! So glad you had a great weekend all round, and a bit unfortunate about DH's chilli 'problem' but next time remember - if you have it too you don't notice it!

I've had a reasonable weekend, I did succumb to some toast with LC on last night for supper, and I had already used my 18 points up, oh well, an extra 1.5 to make up today if I can, gotta be prepared for the WI on weds, my scales are looking promising.
Famous last words maybe?

Oh well, AJ's teatime awaits, and DH will be home soon - I hope. See ya later.
Closed Thread