Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 AM   #241  

Hey girls!

Dawny- HUUUUGE congrats on your great loss! You're almost at your target now, you must feel great!!

Sherry- I agree with Linda on this one, don't worry about not having a loss, it'll come off eventually! All of us have bad and good weeks, it's part of the journey.

Linda- Good tip about the asparagus, I might try it myself. I always tend to drink loads of water the day before the WI, to help me show the real loss as you said.

Yesterday was my "off" day, so had quite a lot to eat! I'll try to stay focused and work hard in order to meet or come close to my Christmas goal. Life's busy as usual, I have a couple of parties to go to in the weekend, I MUST stay away from the booze!!
Well, I guess that's all from me, take care ladies!!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #242  

Good morning y'all!! We have ordered a new computer and it should be here tomorrow or Monday! I lost .8 Monday at WI.
Congrats to all of the weightlosses!! Y'all are doing awesome!! Melanie, was it you that had the 1 pt chocolate chip cookies? I would love that recipe!! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving day. I will stay OP!! I just can't wait until the next day to go shopping!! I love to shop! I only have to work until 1 that day so I will get most of my Christmas shopping done that afternoon!!
I am going to visit a different church this Sunday and I have a good feeling about it!! Oh yeah for those of you that bought the WW tapes..I love them!! Ok I'll talk more later when I have a new computer!! Lynn
Old 11-18-2004, 01:41 PM   #243  

Hi there, like the asparagus tip Linda, unfortunately I don't like asparagus, does anything else have the same effect do you think? I do drink lots of tea the day before WI, which I'm sure helps, but any ideas gratefully received!

Well done lyn with your loss. I hope you feel back on track now, hope the new pc comes soon!

Melanie, miss you, where are you?

Nat, It sounds as if your life is all parties at the moment. Enjoy one of them for me, I wish I had time to go to one!

Well, its snowing! The last couple of hours have been quite heavy. Problem is, we've had rain for most of the day until now, so alot of it probably won't settle too much, but there's plenty on the cars and stuff. I'll look forward to the morning to see how the journey to work will pan out!

Anyway, its short and sweet tonight, so I'll love you and leave you, back tomorrow.
Take care.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #244  

Just a quick note. Sorry I’ve been missing for a day or two. I’m having something like seasonal allergies giving me fits the past couple of days. I’ve checked in, but thinking is hard right now. (Poor client so mine!) I didn’t go to WI yesterday, so I’m going batty wondering how it will be! I will be at the church Saturday, so I will WI w/ the official scale then. If it’s close to the 50# target, I will try again when I am there Tues evening!

There have been some great WIs posted! Congrats to everyone!

Dawny – Snow! How fun! I like the kind that comes and is gone very quickly. I do not drive very well with slush on the roads!

I’ll try to write more later!
Old 11-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #245  

Well, yesterday was weigh in. I had a bad week last week. I dont know what my problem is.. I really want this and i know i do, but its like i dont have the motivation or the want to.. to make it happen. At any rate.. Havent been writing what i eat like i should. So last week i went to outback and ate like a pig.. so i just knew i had gained when i went to weigh in. But i hadnt yeehaaaa.. i stayed at EXACTLY the same. I was soo thankful. But i need to get my butt in gear.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:18 PM   #246  

Tracy - keep on trying. If you can stay on program one more day this week than last, it is a step in the right direction. WW is not a quick fix or just a diet. It is a lifestyle change, and that takes time. Yes, some determination too. But, you can't expect to change years of bad eating practices all at once! Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe just set smaller goals, NSVs. Like, don't eat a favorite treat all week and replace it with something healthier. Have faith in yourself and see every day as another chance to win!

That being said, I've not been doing great myself. Partly because of the sinus problem. I've been taking NyQuil to help me sleep and it makes it twice as hard to get up in the mornings. I'm grumpy from the daytime meds. Generally, just not myself. I will be glad when it gets cold again and kills whatever is in the air bugging me!!! It better happen quick while I still have friends left to aggrivate!

I'll try to get back online tomorrow! Definately need the routine and support right now to keep me out of the fridge!
Old 11-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #247  

Hi there. Good grief I have so many great comments today I can hardly contain myself. I've had at least 4 from patients of mine, and bearing in mind that I only sometimes see them for 15 - 30 minutes at most once a year, then I thought that was pretty good going. One of them was even a man! Wonders will never cease!
I guess it could have helped that I was wearing quite a figure hugging top, which of course does show off the new curves instead of the old 'rolls'. I think they were good nsv's for the day. I'm pleased.

Melanie, hope you feel better soon! Sinus problems are no fun - I suffer from time to time. I do hope you are a little closer to that 50 pound target when you finally get weighed. If not, don't worry, illness does get you down a bit.

Tracy, you've maintained this week when you didn't expect you would. I think that's a nsv for you! Keep going. You have at least made the effort to start with this healthier lifestyle, thats the important thing, not the rate at which you are losing. Maybe when you stop worrying about it all so much and not thinking so much about whether you are in the right frame of mind or not, you will see that weightloss amound start to tumble. You'll be fine!

Our snow did not fall for too long last night. There's still a bit lying around today but I think only because its so cold and its all frozen solid! Took me ages to defrost the car this morning, and it wouldn't have been so bad, but I had to make AJ's hair all spiky this morning, and cover it with silver glitter for nursery. Why would I want to do a thing like that you may well ask, well, its a big charity day here today, run by the BBC, called Children in Need. Raises money every year for disadvantaged children. Its the charity I did a skydive for a couple of years ago. AJ was being sponsored to have a bad hair day! So I thought a few spikes would go down well instead of his usual 'choirboy' style. I will try and post some photos somewhere if I can.

Anyway, gotta go, I hear AJ in the fridge! See ya later.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #248  

Hi everyone!
What a busy day I had, there was no time to be on the computer and visit with you all... I miss you guys!
Firstly, Tracy, please keep talking to us and don't give up on yourself. You need to take this on and realize that it's not going to happen overnight. You have alot to lose and this is a "one day at a time" thing. If you go to Outback again, you've got to walk in there with a plan!
Sorry you are not feeling well, Melanie. I hope you are better soon.
Dawny, I would consider those compliments a NSV!
Today, I was trying to feel good about myself and feel THIN and special. So, even though it was a normal weekday which usually finds me in jeans wearing my old fleece jacket and not bothering with much. I went out this afternoon and put on my silk (wicked expensive!) blazer, make up, and wore extra jewelry and put on my black boots (the ones I had bought to wear at the Halloween party we went to) and I felt thin and taller than usual. I think, when you dress up a bit, you have an air of confidence, people notice you and respect you more? Maybe it's my imagination. I didn't get any compliments, but I felt good. Both my kids, when they saw me, though, made surprised remarks like "what are you all dressed up for?". Guess that is a way to keep them guessing!
Let's try a new challenge this week...... surprise someone at an ordinary time by taking a few moments to make yourselves look special for no occasion at all.
Lynn, if you shut down your computer and take a bit of time to get back on line, look for us all on another thread, I am going to post a link and re-start this thread. It's just getting too big and it's time.
Don't want to lose you!
Linda
Old 11-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #249  

I am here.. so far today i have stayed on plan and just got back from doing a 30 minute walk. Im not going to give up. I just get down on myself sometimes and kick myself. I wish i could get motivate. Its what i want, and i know it is.. but wheres my motivation and determination. Working on my water right now too.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:18 PM   #250  

Here is the link to our new thread.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49555
C-ya there! We're be better and faster with a new thread and lots of space to post messages to each other!!!!
Linda
Old 12-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #251  
ChristyGrl

Talking I'm new to online

I'm new to the online thing but I've been on WW since 9/23 and have lost 25lbs so far. It's been pretty easy for me. I haven't worked out one bit and even cheat on points quite regularly. I guess I was really packing on the calories everyday. Anyway...it's great to have someone to share with. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!
Christy
Old 12-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #252  

Christy, welcome to our group. We are pleased to have you if you'd like to stay with us. We started a new chat and if you click on this link, you wil find us there!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49555
Linda
Old 12-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #253  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

closing since a new thread has been started
Closed Thread