Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Question: Can anyone relate?

Ive been on WW for 6 months, I lost a good amount of weight, and Im sticking to it. Lately I have been having cravings for some things that I used to eat!

I know weight watchers is all about eating what you want as long as its within reason, but I have cut out almost everything that I ate before that was unhealthy! It was a personal choice to do so, and I feel healthier..but sometimes I just want to eat 2 servings of pasta, or have my stew with dumplings, grilled cheese sandwhich with white bread!

These are all doable but I dont want to waste my points or use my weekly points either. Also I dont want to eat massive amount of carbs. I am not on a low carb diet, but dont want to go overboard either. Two servings of pasta is like 10 points lol! I sometimes worry if I can continue this way forever...I mean dont get my wrong I love eating healthy...but Im no chef and I cant make healthy food taste great...but what if later I dont want to eat the MASSIVE amounts of veggies that I eat now..I find myself now even forgetting some days to eat my big salad that I have before supper!! And then I just make sure I eat a tomato and some cucumber to compensate!

Anyone else have these thoughts? For the most part I do not find WW challenging, I have grown accustom to eating the things I do..making sure I get all my veggie, fruit and good fat intake etc.. but can one do this forever?

I would love to think that I can and I definitely will be forever determined!

Last edited by Krissypants29; 09-13-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I think the way I've gotten through this is by incorporating the vegetables directly into my main dishes. That way I don't feel like I'm choking down steamed "boring" veggies before I eat something "delicious," I'm getting my nutrition, I'm full off of fewer calories, but still very visually and physically sated.

Here are some details on my take on it Link
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I'm wondering if these are your trigger foods. I know I cut out my trigger foods, like buying whole cakes and eating diet desserts, big packets of chocolates, full packets of ice creams and I'm reluctant to introduce them yet, in case they spiral me into a binge. But, if I feel like something and am really craving it I will have it. Perhaps if you want those two servings of pasta for dinner, compensate beforehand during the day by allowing for that or do extra exercise to gain some extra points. Have the toasted cheese sandwich, but try breaking the cheese into smaller crumbles and stick to the portion size, eat it slowly, have a drink with it and enjoy it. Same with your stew and dumplings, more stew, less dumplings, or smaller dumplings. Good luck!
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
I'm wondering if these are your trigger foods. I know I cut out my trigger foods, like buying whole cakes and eating diet desserts, big packets of chocolates, full packets of ice creams and I'm reluctant to introduce them yet, in case they spiral me into a binge. But, if I feel like something and am really craving it I will have it. Perhaps if you want those two servings of pasta for dinner, compensate beforehand during the day by allowing for that or do extra exercise to gain some extra points. Have the toasted cheese sandwich, but try breaking the cheese into smaller crumbles and stick to the portion size, eat it slowly, have a drink with it and enjoy it. Same with your stew and dumplings, more stew, less dumplings, or smaller dumplings. Good luck!
Thanks ... yah I eat skim cheese from time to time so I would probably use that. Pasta was my absolute fav, I used to be able to eat piles of it, which now would be like all my daily points lol..I think because I cut out everything "white" as for carbs, I think sometimes I would like to just have it..more so since Ive been here at my moms because shes a white carb fanatic...so seeing it makes it more "in my face" .. thank god I'm leaving here soon! :P

Thanks for the input! To both of you guys!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 286.6/264.4/165

Height: 5'9"

I think that to do this forever you will need to occasionally eat what you are craving. I realize that it will use a lot of either daily or weekly points, but sometimes the only way to scratch an itch is to actually scratch it. Make sure you plan for it and track it, but it will be the best way to feel like you can live your life while on plan.
Getting2Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm a WW. Just celebrated 2 years of maintaining.

Most days I"m ok.

Some days I wake up and I want ice cream or french fries, or nachos, or what ever it is.

What I have found is, I wait it out for a bit. If after a week or so, it's still driving me crazy, I go have a reasonable portion and move on.

The thing is the longer I deny myself what ever it is I'm craving, the more I try to compensate with other food. So I really in the long run, am better off to get a small ice cream, or in the case of pasta, I adore the Smart One Lasgana. Or make a good whole grain pasta and load it up with veggies. Zuke, onion, peppers, onion, mushrooms, fresh herbs and spices, bulk it up with veggies!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I'm a WW. Just celebrated 2 years of maintaining.

Most days I"m ok.

Some days I wake up and I want ice cream or french fries, or nachos, or what ever it is.

What I have found is, I wait it out for a bit. If after a week or so, it's still driving me crazy, I go have a reasonable portion and move on.

The thing is the longer I deny myself what ever it is I'm craving, the more I try to compensate with other food. So I really in the long run, am better off to get a small ice cream, or in the case of pasta, I adore the Smart One Lasgana. Or make a good whole grain pasta and load it up with veggies. Zuke, onion, peppers, onion, mushrooms, fresh herbs and spices, bulk it up with veggies!
Makes a lot of sense thanks. I went 6 months without any sweets and lately Ive been craving ice cream. I held off for the longest time but finally had 1/2 cup of ice cream the other day. It was great lol. I plan to go out for ice cream with a friend when Im at goal- 3 more months and have a mini blizzard

Thanks guys for the advice.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting2Goal View Post
I think that to do this forever you will need to occasionally eat what you are craving. I realize that it will use a lot of either daily or weekly points, but sometimes the only way to scratch an itch is to actually scratch it. Make sure you plan for it and track it, but it will be the best way to feel like you can live your life while on plan.
Makes a lot of sense, thanks