Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #106  

Linda - thanks for the recipe. It sounds great. I love soups when the weather gets chillier! Ooo, and chili too! I made the apple/pudding mix you suggested last night. I really liked it. Very good change to regular old pudding!

You're right. I've missed Dawny too. She hasn't been rambling for a while. What are you up to??? Don't you know we are your first priority!?!?! Hope things are going well.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:53 AM   #107  
Running Babe

Hey chickies,

I am doing well. I had an interview yesterday for a part-time job and she seemed to like me so that's good. My work is having severe labour issues and it looks like we might be on strike for at least a month which is a huge financial loss especially before Christmas.

Angela: I am so sorry about the break up, even if it's for the best, I know it can still be hard. Take care of yourself this weekend, maybe treat yourself to a pedicure or a massage or the Star Wars trilogy DVD set (Don't mind me, I am a Star Wars freak ).

Hope everyone is well!! I need to weigh in early on Tuesday... I have been eating okay, but seem to be at a plateau.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #108  

Hi girlies, What do you mean, Linda and Melanie, I'm here, never went anywhere! I only posted last night, I think that now there are so many posts to plough through that it seems like longer. I'm not abandoning anyone, although DH says he and AJ are first priority!hahaha.

I'm having a thin day today. About time. I've been wearing my pedometer for a few days and building up those steps. I even walked AJ to nursery this morning, even though I had work, so I had to walk up the big hill again, to get home to collect the car, but it was worth it. The sun was shining, the air was crisp and my fingers were cold, but I enjoyed it.

Angela, sorry about GF, one of those things we have to learn to live with, don't forget we're here if you need us, and if you feel too down and feel the need to munch you know where to find us, even pm us if you need to.

Bella, I love southern chicken too. I think we're all similar on that one. The difference is that ours is probably nowhere near as good as yours! I also feel guilty if I eat more that usual, we don't have any flex points to use, but if I've eaten more than usual in a day, not even gone over points, usually if I've done the snacking and grazing thing, then I feel awful, and can't imagine that I will lose any weight ever again. But it doesn't make any difference. The WW people have obviously taken all these things into account because we will still losing weight no matter what.

Ali, hi, I'm sure WI will be fine. Nice to know you might make it over here next year, even if it is to visit sick relatives. What part of the country would you be in?

Do you know, I've just had to read so many posts I can't even remember what some of them said now, so I'll have to go back and re-do them. Hope I haven't missed out anything important. Oh Linda, ditch the scales. I'm sure it would save a lot of stress!
Melanie, enjoy the soup with the tacos. I do wish I could cook.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I WILL be back tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #109  

OMG The cake made with pumpkin is SO good. I put them in cupcake containers so that I would have the serving size already done. It was great. My kids love them and I can't wait till later when my hubby tries them! MMMMMM
Old 09-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #110  

Cool Hmmmm

Welll... I went to WW today.. changed my day because my now ex-gf and I were going together on Saturday mornings... so today as part of my new 'life' I decided to go to a new meeting. Got on the scale and GAINED 2.6#'s. The lady was soo sweet. She said, 'had a little gain this week,' I said 'yeah, been a rough one,' she said 'wanna talk about it?' and was just genuinely concerned. The leader of my NEW group is soo funny and enthusiastic. I just love her. The other one was boring! So, while I guess I could be upset that gained 2.6, I actually lost about 380# (how much my ex-gf weighs), so that's the up side

My confession - and don't anybody fuss! I didn't write a thing down last week. I know, I know, I know, I know... don't even fuss me!!!!!! I'm writing everything down and you all may even have the pleasure of reading it all

I went to the grocery store and discovered pita bread, meringue cookies gosh those are yummy and like what 2 points for 4 of them? I need easy recipes and cheap (points wise) stuff to eat. I'm basically a work-a-holic who is now a microwave queen. If I can drive thru or pop it in the micro-wave it's a winner for me.

Alright, gonna go do something productive. OK, i'm gonna go take a nap
Old 09-24-2004, 10:22 PM   #111  

Ali - Good luck on the job! I'm sure you are working in a lot of stress and would like something new!

Dawny - I just meant that we are used to your long chats. You've been very busy lately. Just popping in for a few minutes. But, it's always good to hear from you! Good work on the walking!

Bella - Good luck with the cooking this weekend. Beware of the BLT's (bites, licks and tastes!)

Angela - Again, good attitude! Time to start fresh. I'm glad you found a group that you like better. As for the food, I will try to PM you some quick recipes next week. Most are on my computer at work. But, I have found that I really like Michella's (sp?) Lean Gourmet. They are under $2 here and have points on the box now! I had the cheese lassange today with leftover veggies and it was very filling! Also, for breakfast I have started keeping chopped onions, green peppers and tomato in the fridge to toss in a pan with a container of egg beaters. Pop some toast in the toaster and I have a 3 pt breakfast in 5 minutes. Or, several cereal bars (Cocoa Krispies, Special K) are only 2 points and easy to grab. Sometimes, I will have a reduced fat poptart and a banana at my desk. I have also found that go-gurt is very handy for the office. Make a box of couscous and add chopped veggies (surprise, cucumber is very good with this) for a quick meal. Hope these ideas help!

Well, I am a very happy girl. I discovered I had 13 pts left for dinner, so I went to Wendy's and had a burger, fries, salad, and small frosty for only 16 points (using 3 FPs). It was a real treat. I didn't cook and it was my first junk food meal in months! Not to be a habit, but definately enjoyed!

DH wants to play cards now. I'll check in later!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #112  

Melanie, I have LOTS of tasters so I do not need to do that. My daughter was a very happy camper when she was allowed to lick the batter (no eggs) I have never let her do that before, lol.

I then made pizza using Boboli(sp?) crust and I was able to eat 1/4 of the pizza (thick crust) for 8 points. Since the crust was thick and I added a bunch of onions, peppers, mushrooms, and chicken, and cheese(all counted in the points) it was SUPER filling. I was amazed. I saved the rest (i'm proud of my will power not to eat another slice) and with my desert I only used 1 fp. I am amazed at how I am able to make the food that is better and it happens to taste better as well, lol

*not loving the program much am I , lol*

Angela, I'm sure you will do better next week, and I'm very glad you are happy with your new meeting leader. Ours is a ball of energy, lol.

Dawn, good job on your walk, I want to start getting out there and walking, but to find the time is very hard. I am also going to wait to start a routine till this week when I am allowed to use the points. I just do not want to start to much at once and loose the will. SO I'll start with the food, then work in the workout.

Well that's all for me, I'm on my way to bed. You ladies have a great day tomorrow if I'm unable to get on.

TTYF
Old 09-25-2004, 03:10 AM   #113  

Thought I'd pop in early this morning and see what's happened overnight - a good few posts to read again!

OOh, Melanie, a junk food meal? That's not like you! I do hope you enjoyed it as much as I would have done! I like the cous cous idea for lunch, I love cous cous, so I may just have a go at that one - not too much cooking involved in that one is there?

Angela, glad you found a new meeting, It may well make all the difference, a good leader really can help you along, and if you get on with her, its worth contacting her during the week if you are struggling, a quick word halfway through the week can be just enough to keep you going till the end of the week.

Bella, I just love your enthusiasm, you've definitely got what it takes to crack this thing this time. As for the walking/exercise thing, I've been doing WW since Jan and only just really started doing any exercise, I couldn't really get motivated to do any, or to find the time until now. I think that like getting in the right frame of mind to diet properly, then you also have to be like minded to get into exercise, with a will to stick to it. (if that makes sense!) When the urge kicks in, and sooner or later it will, I wouldn't force yourself to do it until you are ready, the weight will still come off!
I have lost 41 pounds so far, and its only the past couple of weeks really since being ill that I have really done anything, and it seems to be shifting my 'plateau' (about time)

I got on the scales this morning again actually, nothing new there then, and it does look as if I may have met or even exceeded slightly my mini goal of 42 pounds. It would put me on 139-139.5, so I feel in quite a good mood this morning. Of course, it is the weekend, so who knows how much I'll eat. We'll see next WI.

OH, gotta go , AJ calling me from the bathroom, needs assistance!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:27 AM   #114  

Hey girls!!!
Lot's of new posts to read through, that's great! I hope everyone is doing fine.

Angela- I'm really sorry about the break-up. Good for you to have a positive attitude though, and I assure you that bingeing won't help you feel much better. Oh, and good job on changing meetings, I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about your new leader!

Bella- I was thinking about exercise too, cos I don't do any. Except from the odd walking now and then. I went to Mc Donald's yesterday and found that they have an offer. If you buy a salad and a bottle of mineral water they give you a pedometer, the little device that counts your steps. So, I'm tempted to buy it in order to get a bit encouraged to do some walking. Does anyone else have something like it?

Melanie- You must have loved the junk food dinner! Sounds delicious and I guess it's even more delicious if you haven't had any junk food for a while!

Dawny- I'm glad to hear that the plateau is possibly over. Being sick certainly doesn't put me in the mood to lose weight and eat healthily, so I can understand that you maintained for a couple of weeks. I hope you next WI goes fine, let us know immediately!!

Ali- Good luck on the job!!! Hope everything goes well!

Linda- How's everything?

I can't wait to weigh myself on Wednesday, cos I really want to get back on the wagon. I'm not eating very healthily at the moment, although I'm within points and some days even lower, I'm not eating well. Anyway, I'm having a great time, so I'll stress about WW next week! Take good care girls!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:32 AM   #115  

Red face Saturday morning

Good morning, or afternoon depending on where you live!
Glad you think that recipe sounds good, Melanie, it literally takes like "liquid tacos" to me, very yummy!
Ali, I am the queen of plateaus right now. I'm desperate to see that scale take a dive! Hope you get that job as well. Can't imagine being out of work with no pay around the holidays, yikes!
Dawny, it did seem like you were away, maybe it was just that so many people are posting (which is a good thing, though!!!!!). I find it so interesting how the UK WW differs from ours, you would think it would be all the same. Also, I read on another thread on this site (CORE support or something like that) that the UK is going to get the CORE plan in January. Marketing a new plan in January is always good for sales with all those New Year's resolutions!
I'm still doing CORE, but am journalling as I said I would. I am truly doing "both" plans at the moment, but with CORE foods. I think the eating until you feel satisfied thing about CORE was just too scary for me. I've been eating well, exercising, drinking my water and doing everything right. But, here it is the weekend and I notoriously have trouble eating out on Saturday nights. BUT, there is one change this weekend from "the usual" as I was very careful with my use of flex points and I actually have more than I usually have left over this weekend. So, maybe I will finally see a loss at weigh in this Tuesday? I'd be thrilled!
Melanie, wow a trip to Wendys, you are living on the edge! But, only using 3 flex points to do it is marvelous! I'm craving some fast food and haven't allowed myself that treat in awhile, but maybe after weigh in this week if things go really well?
Bella, I'm really going to try that pumpkin chocolate cake this week, sounds quite good! All that added fiber as well!
Angela, good idea to change meetings and make your own way. A slight gain during a bad week, emotionally, is nothing to worry about. But, get yourself outdoors, do some walking and set your mind to do this!
Take care, everyone, time for my breakfast!
Linda

Last edited by derrydaughter; 09-25-2004 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #116  

Smile

Good Morning!

I was a writing FOOL yesterday! When it came time for dinner, I had only eaten 8 points, so I ordered a thin crust, small, veggie (all zero points) pizza for dinner and yummmmmy! According to the WW - book I was supposed count that as 15 points, but I didn't believe it so added 5 (anyone have any idea if I'm doing this right?) I still ended up with some points left for the day (only 4) but I just couldn't eat any more. I had basically not spread my points out well. Know that's not a good idea, but it's the way it happend, so what? I did manage to get it all my water, fruits and veggies, milk, oil (still don't get the point of that but ok), and the all important vitamin. Of course, the water, again was easy to get it because of all the sodium

Well the general opinion here seems to be that the leader can make all the difference. Who knew? Can't tell you how many times before I just went, paid my money, got on the scale and left without even going to a meeting. Maybe that's the point, the meeting part huh???

OK gonna go help the now ex find an apartment today. There is a method to my madness, the faster she finds a place, the faster she moves, the faster this limbo is overwith... She's all broken up, can't stop crying. I'm in 'action' mode... making lists of what needs to be done, etc... i'm sure this will all hit me like a ton of bricks at some point later. But right now, I'm incredibly productive!

Emerald - thanks for the tips... still sounds a bit more like cooking than I can do for the mornings (except for the breakfast bars)! I have more time in the evenings tho.

Ya'll are incredible...

Make today a good one!
Old 09-25-2004, 11:43 AM   #117  

Only a quickie, Bella, I have one of the WW pedometers, and am wearing it as I type. I do think that the main benefit for me is that I can at least judge if I've done more exercise than I have done the few days before. It also tells me if I've walked far enough to earn a bonus point or two. Although, it is amazing how far you really have to walk to earn any. Time is nothing really, it goes on distance, speed and steps. You will need to be doing about 10,000steps, or going on for 3 miles to earn even 1 point. Unless you have actually gone out on a 'walk' , rather than just your day to day pottering about, its really hard to achieve, and by wearing the pedometer, it just proves to yourself just how sedentary our livestyles tend to be. Or maybe its just me!
Anyway, Hi because I haven't heard from you in a while, and thanks for the kind words re my plateau. You'll soon get back on track yourself, you've had a busy time lately, just keep going.

Linda, interesting news about getting the core plan over here. I hadn't heard anything, I'm hoping to have reached goal by then as you know, but if not, at least I'll know all about it by then.

Angela, keep going girl, you have such a positive attitude that you'll get through these tough days soon enough. And yeah, staying to the meetings is the only thing that's put me in the position I'm in today. OH, and you lot of course.

Anyway, gotta go, see ya later.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:57 PM   #118  

Hello! DH just left to get a whopper of an ice cream treat with his dad, so I'm here with you gals! I told him that he can go do that whenever he wants; just tell me he's going to his dad's and leave out the details so I won't get jealous! The Dairy Queen is a trigger spot for me. I can't even try to be good there!

I had a pretty good day foodwise. I haven't looked up the ribs I had at the in-law's house yet, but DH was a sweety and asked before he smothered mine with the thick sauce. I think it will be okay. I did have to have a bite of his hotdog he had for lunch though. It was good.

It has been a busy day. When I got back from a short visit with my mother, we went to a college soccer game about 30 minutes away. Believe it or not, it was my first game. There was not a soccer team at my school growing up and is just now starting to be a big sport in this area. I wasn't terribly thrilled about going, it was for DH. But, I really enjoyed it and we plan to go again. This is where I met the hotdog.

I am now contemplating a quick workout tonight, but it will probably wait until tomorrow. I am pretty tired and wouldn't be worth much energy anyway.

Angela - I don't know how to count that pizza. It will also depend on the cheese. If it was a chain restaurant, you can visit their website and see if they have a nutritional chart to find the cal./fiber/fat and figure it yourself. I had a hand-tossed Hawaian pizza last weekend that was 4 points per slice (med pizza).

Natalie - Our McD's ran that special for a while too. I got one, and I have to say, test it. Mine was terribly inaccurate. I walked to the library and back, which I know is just over a mile. The pedometer said that it was hardly half a mile. So, I would test it with a distance that you know. I was a bit irked because I was excited to get it, but then decided it was free after all.

Well, I'm going to go finish counting my points and see if the couch needs to be held down for a while.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:47 AM   #119  

Just thought I'd pop in for a mo. We're going to fetch the treadmill later, It'll take about an hour and a half drive each way, so that'll be fun then!

A good scale visit this morning! It seems I could be between 1 and 2 pounds down since WI, which would be fab. That's despite the wine I had last night which did take me a point over. I guess just one point occasionally means not too much.

Melanie. Glad you enjoyed the soccer. The game is our biggest sport here. I'm not really a fan, and don't go to games, but for the sake of DH I have to follow the results of certain local teams. If David Beckham played for our local team I'm sure I'd be a much bigger fan than I am!!!

Oh well, said it'd be a quick visit for a change, so I'll be back later.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #120  

Hi everyone!
Just so you know, Melanie, if you have a child at some point, you will learn much more about soccer, even if you don't want to! I had never been to a game before, either, and suddenly all my kid's friends were involved and suddenly I was providing drinks, snacks and organizing trophies and gifts for coaches. I'm glad those days are over with and my kids are into different stuff now. I'm just not into it, but was for the sake of my kids.
The scale was good to me this morning as well! But, last night I indulged and used up 14 flexpoints, no regrets though. I had the points and enjoyed my Saturday night! We bought the new Star Wars DVD trilogy and watched the first one in surround sound. Was pretty cool and we enjoyed it, though I probably have the lines almost memorized to those movies!
We went shopping later in the day as well and enjoyed walking in the mall. I had done 40 minutes on the treadmill earlier, and added about another point for walking, but didn't count that extra in my journal.
Today is a lazy day, I decided I deserved an "all about me" day.... not going to church (sorry God, hope I am forgiven), not going much of anywhere, just hanging around and taking it easy. I am overtired and sore from working out and think today will also be a day off from that as well. Probably when I need it the most after last night, but I am wiped out, it seems.
Every now and then my energy level really suffers, wonder why?
Linda

Last edited by derrydaughter; 09-26-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Closed Thread