Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default I joined WW Friday I was the only guy there.

Man I felt out of place when I walked into WW to join and found all women. I was very happy after I left and realized how helpful everbody was.
It only proves how determined I feel to conquer this weight problem.
I feel like I found a home here on the 3FC forum and WW. I hope I can help people as much as I can as much as they help me. 6ft 3 @350 LBS I have been called the refridge SEE YA later .........Jon
Old 10-18-2004, 12:53 AM   #2  
Samantha

Jon - welcome to 3FC!!! I don't know of anyother men who are on this website, but I am confident that you will get all of the support you need here, and you may even be able to find a few dates!!

Sam
Old 10-18-2004, 01:34 AM   #3  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day Jon and welcome glad to hear that a room full of women didn,t scare you off I,m doing the weight watchers points program but I do it from home ,I live in a little country town here downunder and its not easy to get to meetings great that your serious about this journey we,re all on and you,ll get lots of support here and you,ve gotta love SAM,S optimism anyway nice to talk to you bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jon and fellow Joisyian

Welcome to 3FC's and I'm glad to hear you say you are comfortable here. I think your going to be smothered in support and love here. Not to mention the fun you'll have.

I am in Northern NJ and haven't had the chance to visit the shore this year. I'm still thinking of going, even if its cold lol.

Hugs to you and best wishes on your journey !!!

Leenie
Old 10-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #5  

Hi Jon, welcome to 3FC land. I, too, am glad that you didn't let all the ladies put you off your WW journey. At the meeting I attend, there are 2 guys that come regularly, and they have done so well so far, and I think its great from a woman's point of view to get the guys perspective sometimes. My husband also follows the WW programme along with me, but he does so from home, as he has to stay home and babysit for me! He has found things very easy to follow and has ignored a few little comments he's had from work mates. He didn't have too much to lose, but has lost around 14 pounds, and looks and feels so much better for it. The way he has found, (and me too) to follow the programme best is to keep journalling - write down every little bit of food or drink to go in your mouth. That way, you don't go over your points (assuming you are following the flexpoints) without realising it.

If you need any advice at any time just post, there's always someone on here with some good advice. Except me, I just waffle!

By the way, my cousin lives in NJ, (Stewartsville I think), I've never been to the US, but from what she tells me, sounds like a great place to be!

Good luck with WW, Look forward to your first weigh-in.

Bye for now.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #6  

Welcome to WW and to the Board....I usually lurk more than post, but you will find quite a few guys that post on here. There are 4 guys in my group including me, which is unusual, I am usually the class mascot. One thing you will probably notice is you will lose (initially) faster than your female classmates.....Good luck and happy losin'

-nate

SW: 261
CW: 199
WWGW: 174
Personal GW : 160ish
Old 10-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #7  

WOW thanks for all the replys this internet is a incredible.
I cant get over the replys from not only Nj but all over the world.
I got to thank you all again for making me feel at home hear 3fc.
My fear is when I lose the weight I dont want to put it back on.
Thats why I feel WW is more a lifestyle change instead of a diet.
I got to tell you how bad I was ..How about a slimfast drink then follow that right up with a double cheese burger . Your all in my prayers ..........Jon
Old 10-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jon, the more I think about not being able to maintain once I lose, the more I gain. Please don't let that be a stumbling block for you. WW is awsome!!! you sound like your gonna do wonderful.

Slimfast and a burger....gag! LOLOL !!!! (okay...been there, done that too) don't be embarassed
Old 10-18-2004, 04:12 PM   #9  

Hi Jon!
Welcome to 3FC and to WW. You have selected a wonderful program to follow. Don't feel bad if you are the only male member attending the WW meetings. My son, who is 27, used to be the only guy who attended meetings ALL THE TIME with me. That is, until we both made lifetime. Of course, being a guy, he lost his wt. much faster than me, so he continued going for 10 months longer every single week with me until I met my goal weight. The meetings are soooo important to attend, if at all possible, because the motivation you will get from them is unbelievable!!

Stick around 3FC too, and you will have lots of fun meeting soooo many nice people who will help you as well as encourage you to get rid of those unwanted pounds!
Good luck to you, Jon!
CAROL
Old 10-18-2004, 06:56 PM   #10  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone hope your all well Hey Jon diet shake and then cheeseburger, well don,t feel bad you have to crawl before you can walk and I think we,ve all done something simular along the way I know I have ,in my case Ultraslim shake followed by a 2 piece feed at Kentucky , then midnight snack Pizza so your in good company I know you,ll succeed on this journey you already know it,s a life change not a diet thats half the battle, keep attending those meetings Jon and good luck bye for now BLESSED BE , JULIE
Closed Thread