Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 12:14 AM   #1  

Smile

Hi all!

I would have sent this before, but I left for a two week vacation the day after I went to this meeting. But, I thought it was so good I wanted to share it with you.

I went to a different meeting and got to hear a different leader. It was so motivating to me that I am going to change meetings, even tho it will be a lot less convenient for me.

She asked us to envision ourselves 6 months from today (October 15, 2001.) You fill in the blanks, I have listed some of the things that other member said.
How much weight do you lose in a week? (Let's say it's 1 pound).
How much of a weight loss would that be in 6 months (24 pounds.)
How many clothings sizes is that? (a couple?)
How differently would you look in 6 months? (Thinner, sexier, etc.)
How would you feel in 6 months? (Healthier, cooler in the summer, more energy, more confidant, less back and knee pain, etc.)
What would you be wearing in 6 months? (Slinky red dress, swim suit, shorts, sleeveless shirts, jeans, tuck in your shirt, etc.)
What would you be doing differently in 6 months? (Going on a hike, riding a bike, swimming, playing on the floor with your kids/grandkids, etc.)

I really liked that!

If you'd like to share it, I'd love to hear what would this picture look like for you in 6 months!

We can do this together!!!
Old 04-15-2001, 07:03 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Wow Diane

What a great way to look at 1 pound a week! It seems so little but when you look at it that way 1 pound a week sound great, and better yet....very do-able.

Ok, so for me 6 months from now I hope to be down to 181!!! Wow now you have me excited! I guess at about 181 I would be back into a size 16-18? Just a guess. Right now I am 205 in size 20-22

I will feel so much better, more energy, less heavy breathing, and best of all healthier.

Thank you for this motivation. I am going to right this goal down.

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-15-2001, 05:19 PM   #3  

Default With a smile on my face

You're welcome, Angie. It struck me that way too!!

Ok, in 6 months, I'll be down to 200 pounds (today's weight is 224) and just about half way to my life time goal.

I'll feel more energetic, my knee won't hurt and I will feel proud of myself for having done a 3k walk!!

I'll look tall, leaner and feel great and I'll be wearing a size 18 and a big smile on my face.

Way to go!!!
Diane
Old 04-15-2001, 06:48 PM   #4  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
My leader used this topic a few weeks ago, but not the 1 pound per week.
I was at a loss to really visualize the future, but 24 pounds will find me within 20 pounds of goal. (Yippee!) and all the stuff in my closet will find a new home at the women's shelter.

(FYI, because I walk and do some weights, I'm nearly into a 14 -you can be, too)

Thanks for the reframing!
Old 04-16-2001, 12:32 PM   #5  

This is so appropriate for me right now! My husband and I just finalized this year's vacation plans. He can't get a holiday until October, so we've scheduled a 10 day Vermont inn-to-inn hiking holiday starting October 20th. SO - I have 27 weeks until vacation! Of course, I'd like to lose weight faster than one pound a week, but if my last three weigh ins are any indication, that's exactly what I'll average. They were .9, 1.2, and 1.0. BUT - even at that rate, I'll be four pounds from my goal when we leave! AND - with all that walking, I hope to be even less coming home than going! I'm already getting excited and looking at it this way makes it seem attainable.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:40 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I too went to another meeting time a couple months ago because I couldn't make my regular one. I swtiched because this leader is 10 times better, yet the meeting is a little inconvenient for me.

If I lost 24 pounds, I would be back to 199.... YAH, then I would be back to where I was before I got PG and gained my weight back.... one year ago! I would also be back to fitting into my size 14 clothes! Oh I want that so bad, knit pants are the pitts! But at least I am not wearing maternity anymore!

We can do this! 1 pound a week is so much easier to rationalize!
Old 04-16-2001, 11:59 PM   #7  

Jen-L - Way to go, girl! I agree with you. I could visualize 1 pound a week happening! By itself, it doesn't sound like much, but when you add those puppies together - Yesssss!

MILLIEB - That trip sound wonderful. Vermont has to be gorgeous in October! You'll feel great being so close to goal weight. You'll really be able to enjoy it. What a great goal!

Dora140 - Being within 20 pounds of goal sounds darn good to me. And I love your clothes finding a new home at the women's shelter. And thanks for the encouragement about using the weights. Do you go to a gym or do it at home or?
Old 04-17-2001, 10:55 AM   #8  
Getting better every day!

Hi! I have been doing WW now on & off since 1985. However, after I became LT, my weight has gone up & down many times. However, this last time when I went back in January, 2000,(weight 219.6) something clicked and things have been going good. Looking ahead to 6 months from now, I can also look back on 6 months ago! I was returning from Walt Disney World, and I weighed in at 173. (I had maintained during the trip). Last week at my weigh-in, I weighed 159.8. That means in the last 6 months, I have lost 13.2 pounds, roughly an average of 1/2 pound per week. It's a little slower than I would like, but I have been learning alot about myself and eating properly along the way. Since January, 2000, I have lost a total of 59.8! My goal is 120-125, so I have a way to go yet. However, 6 months from now, I will be closer to or at that goal, and that is a great feeling!!!

219.6/159.8/59.8 gone/120-125 goal
Old 04-17-2001, 08:21 PM   #9  

Hey, MILLIEB, I just wanted to congratulate you on choosing an exercise-based vacation. When you sit down to dinner in those great country inns each night, you will know you've earned it!

You are a role model to us all!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:56 AM   #10  

Thank you - I've never been a role model - especially about my weight! It's something I've always wanted to do and it's amazingly inexpensive. We're getting 7 nights at 7 different inns with breakfast, dinner, car transport, taxes, gratuities, hiking guidelines/information for about $1,700. I had a friend who did an inn to inn bike trip a few years ago and she just raved about it. Like I said, I'm already excited and plan on getting some hiking boots soon so I can start breaking them in (don't want ANY blisters along the trail!). It really is helping to give me a focus for my efforts and I'm trying to do something every week to stay that way (like reading travel guides about Vermont, checking out web sites, etc.).
Closed Thread