Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 08:28 AM   #1  

I hope that people aren't sick of all my questions- sometimes I feel like a curious child! I recently got my Lifetime Membership, but feel confused and almost as though I were drowning!
Since I hit my WW goal 8 weeks ago I have slowly lost 5lbs, which is great...BUT I have never eaten in the 18-23 pts range that I am supposed to be in, and am wondering if I would have more consistant loss towards my personal goal if I did. My pts range has been all over the map, anywhere from 22-29 pts a day, with a few huge leaps qo 100 and the 60's. I exercise almost every day, and the days I don't it is because I am waitressing 7/8 hour shifts.
I am considering giving the 18-23 pt range a shot to get back on track, but don't want to hurt my metabolism and slow things down even more.
What should I do??????

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 140.2/personal goal 130-135
Old 02-27-2001, 09:24 AM   #2  
REC

Saskie--I posted this to a response you put under the baker's cookie thread. Not sure if you saw it. We're about the same size. I'm planning on eating some of my many activity points. I found that I loose better eating high, rather than med or low.

"Katie & Saskie--Looks like we are all about the same height and goal, although I'm still in a size 12 (they are getting a little big, though). I'm 5' 6 1/2", and set my goal to 153 (the 5'7" goal). My personal goal is a size 10, which will be about 135-140, a weight I know I can maintain without starving myself.

Saskie I just broke the 150 pound (20-25 point)barrier which means I have 2 points less (18-23 points)!!! In the past 3 weeks, I've averaged 25 points per day, typically between 23 and 29, and have lost 5.4 pounds. I earn at least 3 exercise points per day, sometimes up to 5. With the new range, I'll probably just cut back to 24 because of all the exercizing I'm doing.

I just started a new 12 week journaling idea, which you may find helpful. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum17/HTML/000821.html . "

REC, walking, ST, yoga
176/148.6/153WW/size 10 (135-140)P. 5'6 1/2"
Old 02-27-2001, 07:47 PM   #3  

Try not to get too hung up on the points ranges. Isn't everyones goal to be able to eat as much food as possible and still maintain their weight?

There are some people who have lost a ton of weight eating way above the recommended points ranges (like points in the high 30's). They are also able to maintain at that point range.

As long as you are not gaining weight don't worry and enjoy it. If you start to see the scale creep up in the future, then maybe you should consider eating fewer points.

Remember they are just recommended ranges. Learn to listen to your body and do what feels right and works for you !

[This message has been edited by gsc4 (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 08:41 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

FYI Rupertsmom maintains on something like 39 points a day.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:47 PM   #5  

REC- thanks for reposting that for me! It really helps to hear from others in the same boat! I think that I am going to give the 20-25 pt range a shot for 3 weeks and see how that goes. I figure that adds in some of my activity pts, but not all of them.
Also, thanks for the 12 week journal, I will definitely check that out! What I have been doing since I hit lifetime 2 weeks ago is tracking my pts and activity in a little notebook that fits into my purse. It has been ok, since I often forget to pick up new journal sheets at the meeting and have to make my own anyway!
Congrats on getting below 150, thats excellent!

gsc4- I have been trying to listen to my body, which is why I have had such a wide pts range lately. The problem is that I have not had any negative results from my sporadic eating, but the loss has definitely slowed down! You are so right about wanting to be able to eat as much as possible without gaining- I need to deal with that some how! I think that it will almost be a good thing if I have a significant gain tonight, I need some signals from my body as to what it wants!
Kelly- I think she mentioned that, I could be happy in that situation!
Closed Thread