Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Default Help! I've fallen(off)and I can't get ...

back on! I started in Feb doing my own thing. I started WW early in March, and have lost 25#. But for the last month I havn't been able to stay on and focused. I'll be on plan for a few days, then off for a few. Im not sure why. Im sure Im just being lazy, but I just dont seem to have the motovation to keep going. Please send me any tips you might have, or any advice to help me refocus. Thanks in anvance for your help. Amy
Old 05-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #2  

Hi Amy,

I think the problm is since you have already lost so much you are ok with just that.You should really try journaling and exercising atleast 15 min a day to start. What helps keep me focused is the fact that I am going away. Maybe give yourself a reward/treat for every 5 to 10 lbs you loose.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:02 PM   #3  

It can sometimes be hard to stay motivated, not just with loosing weight but with anything in life. Here are a few things that keep me motivated:
-Fitness type magazines (I like Weight Watcher's, Shape, Self and a few others) I keep them all on hand in a magazine rack when my motivation is low.
-Excercise!! If you are not doing some sort of work out you *love* you are missing out on a LOT! It is totally addicting and energizing! I walk/jog for an hour everyday, keeps me stress free, energized and happy But you have to find something you really enjoying doing.
-Food journaling really helps to keep me on track. I just have a small little tiny pad that I keep in my purse and I write down everything I eat and keep track of the points as well as how much excercise I got for that day.
-I am a pre-med student as well as a mother and I don't want to be a fat doctor or a fat mom so I try to keep that goal in mind as well.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/238/185

Height: 5'9

We all fall off the wagon from time to time. You are only human. I don't keep certain foods at home. I get on the boards read WW magazines. I also go on Weight loss surgery board, this motivates me. I don't ever want to get to that point. I hope you are doing better today.

Sandra
Old 05-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #5  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

I'm off now and I have to be honest right now I don't want to get back on. I don't know why that just the way I feel right now. I just had a baby and with all I have to do with the kids and the house. I just don't have time. I will make time soon but right now I'm just fighting to make time to go to the bathroom. When I'm here reading and posting the baby is in my arms.(Most of the times.)But when I read the stories and see pictures of all of these people who work so hard to get the weight off, that's when I get motivated. So I'm in the planning stage right now. I'll get there soon
Old 05-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around the WW threads in a while. Though my exercise is doing much better.

Amy, I know how you feel. I only lost 12lbs since 4/11 and I keep going up and down 3lbs. This weekend had been terrible. Not eating alot of food, but all wrong choices and too much picking, not enough sit down meals. Problem # 1 is I haven't been shopping so I don't have the right foods in the house. When I don't eat right, the energy is down and then comes problem #2 I don't have energy so I don't get the exercise in. Which drags me down even further.# 3 I seem to go for a few weeks and fall off hard. So, what I did and will do, Today I will go shopping and start eating more structured meals.
I bought a couple of new exercise tapes, shake up the exercise a bit. Now for the falling OP every few weeks... that I need suggestions. Also, I've asked before and will again. How can I make journalling a habit. For me it's like going to the dentist. YUCK! When I was younger and my boys were little, I used to get depressed and journal all the time. Of course I would always shred them. I don't want to get into anything heavy, just write down what I eat, weigh and my blood sugar readings(which I should be doing anyway but don't) I wish I could get my doc more involved. Maybe if he told me to bring a journal in once a month that would help. But he'll just prescribe another pill.
Anyway, just have to re-start and keep going. Read up in magazines or books, do some exercise, everyone has had good suggestions. AND JOURNAL!
It must work, so many do it. Wish I was one.. Good Luck
Closed Thread