Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #16  

Default Thanks Donna

I will come here often. Thanks. I need the support. I would really appreciate it if you ladies would help me with the different foods that I eat. I'll probably start telling you guys what I've eaten that day and then I'd like for everyone to weigh in on whether I'm doing good or not. My problem is that because of my extremely busy lifestyle I rarely go to the gym (I've had a memebership for 4 years) and I rarely cook (I love to eat out / fast food); and I love carbs (I think I'm a carbohyrdate junkie-for real).

So, I'll start with yesterday. I didn't go to the gym but I had 2 bottles of snapple-a-day replacement drinks, 1 can of slim fast, 1 big/thick peanut butter cookie, around 64oz of water, 5 small fried wingettes, and maybe 6 large fried potato wedges. Now, that I've spelled it out it doesn't sound too good, but for me, thats a victory. Kinda high in carbs, huh? Help a sista out.

I'm already on the wrong side today. I stopped by starbucks this morning and got a venti-white chocolate mocha, with whole milk and whipped cream; and when I got to work one of the ladies that works on my team brought a piece of 3 layer chocolate cake for me. So, it's 10am in the morning and my menu for today is shot. I'm sorry ladies, there is just no way right now that I am not going to finish this coffee or eat this cake. I'm not that strong yet. HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by dirojon; 05-04-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #17  

Default Thanks Never Too Late

I'm not doing weight watchers, but I came to this thread because I wanted the support of other women trying to lose 100 pounds. I think I'll stick around I did manage to have a ceasar salad for lunch. I have to work on the use of salad dressing though.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon,

switched over to this thread as I think i was on a loner one! Also Nevertoolate mentioned I should post to this one, as this is where all the action goes down! Thanks Sheila! as I was telling her Thursday night,tonight5/6/04, is my weigh in. I really went off the deep end this past weekend so I am hoping I just stay even. Was with family that is in another city and threw every diet tip out the door. Came home and weighed and had gained 2 lbs!!!!!! I didn't freak out but I knew what I had to do. So there I was on the treadmill at 5am!!!! this morning I got on the scale and I had lost not only the 2lbs but .5 more! There is one issue i have. I weigh so late in the day 6:45p that by the time I go through the day I may have gained the pound or 2 that i have lost. I end weighing and losing .4 which is still a loss but way frustrating. I was starting to eat a big breakfast and then eat popcorn for the day and then after I weigh in I eat my dinner. I know this is wrong but it worked as the first time I did it I lost 2lbs. Does anyone weigh in after their day is almost finished ? what tips do you have that i might use ? thanks !!! and wish me luck!!!!!

Michelle
SW/313
CW/292
GW/150
Old 05-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #19  

Well I weighed in last night and I gained a 1lb, I can actually live with this because I really strayed and I thought i was going to gain more! But time to get in to action as this needs to come off not back on. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to eat during the day when you weigh in late ? please let me know! I hope everyone has a good weekend. I plan to get out and excerise and some yard work, unless of course if it rains.

Michelle
sw/313
CW/293
GW/150
Old 05-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #20  
100 2 Lose

Default I'm new! Welcome me b/c this is the group I belong in!

I just joined today, thanks to BLUVSU2. Here's my story:
I have been overweight my entire life, but always remained heavily involved in sports. When I was 16, my dad died. I quit playing sports, and began working w/ the golden arch restaurant... 1 1/2 years later, I was in college, where my diet consisted of fast food, cafeteria food- mostly the fried stuff & pizza, and about a case of beer/week.

After I graduated from college--and here is my turning point: I went to Six Flags for a work party. I got on a roller coaster w/ my friend and the safety bars wouldn't close. I had to get off the ride! How mortifying! Then, I was helping my brother move. My knees and back hurt...he says, "Why don't you lose some weight?" Of course, I was hurt, but that motivated me more than anything!

In Aug., 2002, I joined WW. Lost 10 pounds in my first week and honestly, I only wrote in my journal for the 1st two weeks. This probably explains why I eventually quit: Overall, I lost 55 pounds from 8/02-9/03, without trying... Little by little the weight came off, but in a yo-yo pattern.

I remember how good it felt to make my 1st 10% and then my 2nd 10%... One day I picked up a 10 pound bag of potatoes at the grocery store & eventually moved up to picking up 4 of them! (You should try it to see how much weight you've lost).

I'm off on a tangent now, but I met my fiance in August '03, we were engaged in December, and I really just became 'too busy' to go to meetings anymore. That was my excuse for quitting! Ha! Pathetic!

This time, I'm motivated for myself, not my brother or anyone else! I'm getting married in 6 months and have oh...51 pounds to go. I know I probably won't lose all of it in the next 6 months, but someday I hope to wear my 1st bikini (maybe on my honeymoon).

Wish me luck! I'm going back to the meetings starting Tuesday!!

SW 274
CW around 225
GW 175

Last edited by 100 2 Lose; 05-07-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #21  

Hello Everyone:
Sorry I have not been around. I have been working my butt off. I mean it.... I am down 10 pounds. I need to really come here every day and post. So I get to know all of you better.

My boss left this week. So now I am doing more work and not doing so well at keeping up.

How are we all doing? How are meetings going. My leader is a bit bizzare but I can deal with her. She is the best one I have found in a long time.

B
Old 05-07-2004, 10:49 PM   #22  

Michelle:
I weigh in Friday night at 5:30. So by then I have had breakfast, lunch and some snacks. What I do is eat breakfast early.... I have to be to work at 7. I then have a snack at 10:30 or so. And I have lunch at 12 noon. I do not eat for the rest of the day. I leave work at 3:30 run home -- change and go to WW.

I think maybe you should eat breakfast and lunch. Remember not eating enough will not allow you to lose weight.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:53 PM   #23  

Okay I do not post and suddenly 3 posts back to back.

Here are some tips I use:
1. www.dietfacts.com -- great place to look up points
2. www.starbucks.com -- to find your favorite coffee and make them lower points
3. post here often
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #24  

Hi Everyone,

I went to the gym this morning and had a wonderful time. I really like Fit 2 Go. I'm trying to work my way up to 3 times week. I actually want to do 6 days a week, but I need to start out with an achievable goal.

I haven't been doing as well in the food department. I am drinking more water. I do 64oz a day easily. I'm trying to get to 1/2 my body weight in water (thats a gallon). Where I'm having problems is when I get home in the evenings. I have no energy. I sit in front of the TV for 4-5 hours eating.

During the morning and throughout the day I can control my eating very well. At home, I lose all control. I have an 18 year old son without a weight problem and there is everything under the sun in the house to eat. Because he gives me money every other week for groceries, I feel obligated to buy the things that he likes to eat: Candy, Cookies, Chips, Soda, Sugar, Pizza, etc...

I'm not eating because of hungry. I'm eating out of habit, routine, or boredom. It's not stress or pain that triggering this. It might be a bit of loneliness as well. I realize that I don't eat as much when I'm busy. But in the evenings, I lose all energy and self-control.

One of the ladies at the gym said that if I started working out in the evenings that would give me more energy. Is that true. I always thought that a good evening workout would make me hungrier and I'd be tired afterwards and end up going to bed earlier. Maybe my assumptions are wrong.

Advice?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #25  

Hi everyone, Haven't been around in a few days. By the time I get home from either walking after work or the gym, it's seems likes it's time to eat dinner and catch all the season finales and such. I love the tv from 8-11pm. I hooked.

I am back to getting on the scale just about daily. Aunt Flow was due tues but hasn't showed yet. That would normally throw me into such a binge, but I've reallly been very good considering. Still doing my exercise and eating has been good but the selections much saltier. (it replaced my chocolate craving)
so though the scale hasn't moved down, it hasn't moved up either and that never happens pms week. So I am for the most part pleased with that.

Dirojon, Can I relate to the tv and food issues. My dh and I hang out in our bedroom almost all the time. tv and pc's are in there. He normally has alot of junk which he keeps in our room so the boys(who are actually 26,22,21) don't eat it. Cookies,potato chips, candy you name it. He just quit smoking a month ago, so now it's even worse. Right now there are Entenmanns donuts and Krispy Kremes in the fridge. And I am in front of the tv from 8-11. It used to be 6-11 but now I work out after work. And it definitely helps the hunger and energy levels. I also try to work out in the morning 5-6 days a week. I think that's whats been keeping me from gaining this pms week. So give it a try. As far as the junk around the house. Sometimes I win the battle, sometimes I lose. But now I look at it like I looked at quiting smoking last yr. If I have some, I won't be able to stop. So when it's more than I can stand, I go for some LF pretzels or sugar free ice pop or fruit or a cup of tea and that usually helps. I am really trying not to eat after dinner, but it's tough. So believe me your not alone. But we have to try to conquer this. Come on, we can.

Sheila, How nice a new deck. I think you deserve a new grill. And think of the grilled vegies and chicken and such. It'll be great. I know your used to being busy and are worried about gaining or falling back into old habits. Well I too worry at the end of every summer. As soon as the clocks change in the fall, my exercise comes to a halt and I get ready to fatten up and hibernate for the winter. Every yr I gain back what I lose. So lets make a pact right here. We will support each other and not undo all the good we've done and actually will lose additional pounds next summer instead of losing the lbs we put back on. I am so serious about it this yr. I'm already strategizing. I refuse to let it happen again. So if it's support you need, it's support you'll get. That's part of my strategy this time. Coming here to 3fc. Thanks for the link to the AHA site and the 12 wk program, I will check it out when I have some time. Oh yeah, as far as training goes, it's come to a dead halt. We've had a surge of activity and noone has had the time. I am going to a seminar next wk in Long Island. Hopefully that will help.

I'm sorry I don't have time to address everyone individually. I just realized how late it is and I'm going to hit the hay. 5:30am is approaching quickly.
ttyl
Old 05-14-2004, 11:58 AM   #26  

Hey everyone!

Well I weighed in last night and I lost the 1lb that I gained last week. I lost a total of 1.8lbs so almost 2lbs, not bad. I have set a goal for myself as my 10% goal for weight watchers is 31lbs, I am 9.2 lbs away. I know it is goofy but I really want that key chain. What is even weider is that is all I am thinking about. Not about how i will look losing the 31lbs but the goofy key chain-go figure! The message for the meeting last night was that we should spring clean and get all the bad out from our daily enviroments, work, home, car-this is because this is texas and you have to drive everywhere around here, and your purse. Bascially get rid of the stuff you don't need so you can get on with your weight loss. The leader was not our normal leader so I don't think it was all that great.

It has been raining like cats and dogs for the last 4 days here in houston. today is finally sunny but the clouds are threating....I am exercising on my treadmill every morning for 20 min, 7 min warm up, 8 min high walk, and then 5 cool down. I haven't really seen massive results but I think i am eating what i am exercising so that needs to stop. I am doing pretty good with this so I am thinking I need to up it a little. maybe 5 more min ?

Shelia, good job on the weigh in! keep it up. I will keep you and your family in my prayers this weekend.

Dirojon-I am so glad you found something that you enjoy,that is what it is all about. Maybe you and you son could start buying the reduced fat chips and stuff like that, instead of cookies by the reduced fat ones. there are some great recipes on this website. I even found one the other day for a 1 pt. rice crispie treat. Haven't tried it but I am going to. Popcorn is a good low fat snack, and you can fill up on it. I use to work out in the evening and noticed that i became lax in going to work out after a while. I figured I was already relaxed and home so why go out ? I am getting up in the morning and that seems to work best for me.

Hi Donna! I am just like you, tv city. Of course all of the season finales are on right now. ER was a dozie last night! I am also the biggest reality tv freak you can meet. Love the Bachleor and Love AI!!!!! I usually eat dinner and then when I am finished I go in to the living and sip a glass of water. it makes me feel like I am picking something up and eating, kinda. But when my mind finally kicks in sometimes I get a yougart and eat that. Or I eat a healthy choice fudge bar, those are really good. Like I just told Dirojon there are a lot of dessert recipes in the recipe section you should try some of them.

Well siging off as I am at work! this weekend I will remid myself that June is almost here and I need that key chain!

Michelle

SW/313
CW/291.2
GW/282 by June 30th!
UGW/150
Old 05-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #27  

Red face

Hi everyone , my name is Kathy , i'm 42 & today is my 5 year anniversery as an active weight watchers member . I lost over 100 pounds in less than 2 years (but, didn't reach goal) . Then.... just about 3 years ago I became mama to two of my grandchildren . Now 6 & 8 . One has high functioning autism & the other has severe ADHD . My old emotional eating habits took over & I managed to gain 60 pounds while still on Weight Watchers . Can you imagine ? I would like to join this group . I have , in the past , posted @3fc regularly .
I don't want to seem pushy ( because i'm really not) , but , you can make a continuing thread for this group , occasionally . So you don't have to load up all of the old posts . But , it's up to you . Kathy
Old 06-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 313.2/290.6/160.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!
Well I have been gone quite a while but now I am back to stay. I would love to be part of this support group also. My name is Mary and I have been on WW since Feb. I have more than 100# to lose so I need some help. I registered a while back but because of personal problems I wasnt able to reply that much. So now I would love to make some friends and offer any support that I can give. Anyone interested let me know...
Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #29  

Mary , Welcome . What is Seattle Sutten ? I live in Washington , closer to Tacoma than Seattle . I've never heard of that . 29 Palms , Whew , I've been told it get's really hot there . Are you a military wife ? That's reason for extra stress . I'm a military brat . & My son got out of the Army right before the war started . Anyway Welcome . There is another thread that renews every week , but is the same group . Kathy
Old 06-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 313.2/290.6/160.0

Height: 5'4"

Kathleen61
Thanks for the welcome! Seattle Sutton's is a dietary meal plan. Basically, they prepare all my meals for the week. The meals change every week for five weeks, then they repeat. Right now I am on week 5, so next week I will start over to week 1. They are nutritionally balanced, sodium restricted and healthy meals. I am on the 1200 cal diet. This morning I had a fruit smoothie and a apple/cinnamon muffin for breakfast. Seattle Sutton is a Registered nurse who's patients were looking for a way to eat healthy without having to count calories all the time. So the meals are preportioned and precooked so all I have to do is microwave or bake them. They are fresh and not frozen. It is a little expensive, $80 a week, but they deliver the meals 2x a week. The first week I was on it I lost 9 lbs! I incorporate it with Weight Watchers. I am only doing this for now but in a couple months I am just going to follow Weight Watchers because I can't afford it. It works I have to admit it.

I am trying to lose 40 lbs in 3 months because that is when my hubby comes home from overseas. He is in the Marine Corps and we do live on base. It has been stressful but I keep myself busy by going to school and working out. Actually, the school has been adding to my stress but it gets my mind off the news.
I think that Seattle Suttons Healthy Eating is a chicago based business, but I may be wrong. I really love the food and they even supply the desserts for some of the meals.
I would recommend it to anyone interested. I was doing well with Weight Watchers except that I was not eating healthy. I would eat a 8 point cheeseburger and 5 point fries from McD. I barely ate any vegs or fruit because I wanted to save points for high point meals or I didn't have time to make healthier meals. In a couple of months school will be over and then I will try to make better choices with Weight Watchers.
Closed Thread