Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 09:47 PM   #1  

Angry

Hello everyone!

Pardon my interruption, Ladies, but ya'll sound like such a neat group of gals, that I'd like to join in on your conversation, if I may )

My name is Janise and I'm a lifetimer too! I'm almost embarrased to say it, but I reached goal two years ago and decided I didn't need the monthly meetings/weigh ins anymore. Well...before I knew it, I was right back where I started. I became very frustrated and depressed and went through series of "false starts" before I finally got the nerve and willpower to go back to Weight Watchers. Just out of curiosity, did any of you go through this too? I guess I was just hard headed at the time and figured I could do it on my own. Anyway, to make a long story short, I put myself back on the program right before Thanksgiving last year. I began to monitor what I ate and got back in the swing of daily exercise. Believe it or not, I was ALOT harder the second time around. But, I'm happy to say that I'm finally at goal again ) Whew! There were times when I strongly doubted I would ever get to where I'm at now.

Anyway, I've decided to do it right this time around. I'm determined to make this a lifestyle change for myself (not just a quick fix) and, insodoing, have started a Weight Watchers program in my office. It's turned out to be a BIG hit with everyone and, so far, we have 14 new members. So, I hope, really hope, that I'm able to stay the course this time around and am looking to my co-workers to provide me with some of the determination and motivation I was lacking not too long ago. I'm also hoping that ya'll will be able to help me out as well. I'm ALWAYS looking for group support and would love to become an active member of your group, if you'll have me )

With that, I hope ya'll have a wonderful week. It's raining here in Alabama and, to be honest, I'm ready for Spring to get here.

Janise
Old 04-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Janise,
Congratulations on all your accomplishments: getting back OP and reaching goal, then starting a WW program at work.
Here you're accepted just by posting, so let me be the first to welcome you and wish you continued success. Guess what? I'm ready for spring too!

234/207/thinner
Old 04-03-2001, 10:37 PM   #3  

i am a lifetime member who is trying to get back to goal (about 5 pounds to go - since 1/1, I have lost 18 pounds). I also want to make this a lifestyle change. I know how to lose the weight, but have to learn how to keep at goal once i am there.

Welcome to you. I am planning a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama, for spring break and was hoping for beach weather. Fun, Sun, and the Gulf of Mexico. Here i come.

Sally
Old 04-04-2001, 08:11 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome Janise
I hope that you will find as much support, friendship and information here as I do. Browse around and post often. You'll be glad that you did.
~~~Sil
Old 04-04-2001, 09:03 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to add another welcome. I too am a LTM of 2 years who has put 10 on. I'd like to think I wised up before the whole mess came back, mostly because I gave away all my cloths, and refuse to go buy more. I took a week break that turned into 6 months. I am proud to say that I am back op for 4 months now, but have not lost a single pound.... The funny thing is, I feel good following the program and know that I have to do this for life. I was not blessed to be skinny. I work at this everyday and know that I will have to for the rest of my life.

So I welcome you here to the boards and to the chat room for the quick motivation. We are all in the same boat having to learn to deal with our weight on a daily basis.

And now I wish you all the best in your new goal to become healthy for life, not for the right now.

-L
Old 04-04-2001, 06:01 PM   #6  

Default Lifetimer

Well done on going back, i am also a lifetimer back in class! perhaps we will learn by our mistakes!! perhaps not! we are only human. But we will have a damn good go at it hey!
Old 04-04-2001, 10:54 PM   #7  

Welcome!

I too am a lifetimer who has slipped. I've gone thru some very emotional few months and know the 18 lbs I have put back on was caused by stress eating. I've been back OP for 2 days now but have not yet gone back to meetings. I'm embarrassed by my slip and am afraid to go back to my normal meeting time as my leader always used me as such a good example as my total weight loss was 102 lbs. I feel as I've let her down. I'm going to try to do this on my own and when I get closer to goal, will decide to go back. In the meantime, I will use these boards as my motivation.

Karen
Old 04-04-2001, 11:52 PM   #8  

Karen -

I dreaded going back to my meetings too. I was so surprised when i got there after missing more than a couple of months. Everyone was so happy to see me. Lot of hugs. You will know when the time is right. Until then, you have all of us.

Sally
Old 04-05-2001, 01:25 PM   #9  

Default Thank You!

Thank you, everyone, for giving me such a warm welcome! You truly are a great group of ladies.

Karen: I can relate TOTALLY about being embarrassed to start back to meetings - and that's exactly how I felt. But, let me tell you from experience, the quicker you get in there, the quicker you'll get back to your goal weight. Look at it like this: You were such a good example for losing weight and that's awesome; however, let's be realistic...ultimately the majority of us end up putting some back on. You're going to be an even better example in that, yes, you got off track and gained some weight back, but you're back now and working harder than ever to make it work this time around. The majority of lifetimers that I have spoken with have all been down this path. So, please don't let your weight gain prevent you from attending the meetings. Personally, I feel the meetings are what makes Weight Watchers work.

L: I too had a much more difficult time in losing my weight the second time around. Why do you think that is? For some reason, it seems like I have to work twice as hard and I'm still not where I want to be and I've been working at it for a good five months. Is it age related, you think?

Sally: If you came down to Alabama for Spring break, I'm sure you left disappointed. We've had nothing but rain (yucko!) and we're all ready for it to get gone and stay gone. Believe it or not, our five day forecast calls for 80's with no rain. Yippee! Maybe you can plan another trip down here sometime this summer. I'm sure you'll have a much better time and probably even leave with a nice suntan.

Once again, thanks so much, everyone, for making me feel welcome. If there's anything I can do for any of you, please let me know. I want to give and get as much group support as I can. Our second office meeting is tomorrow and I'm hoping it goes as well as our first.

Janise
Old 04-06-2001, 07:40 PM   #10  

Hi everyone, I want to thank you for your comments in regards to my dilemma about going back to my meetings. Just wanted to fill you in and let you know that on a whim, I pulled into the meeting parking lot tonight and went inside. It couldn't have gone any better! My leader was full of tips and hints to get me back on track and lose the extra poundage that has slipped back on. I feel very committed right now in staying with the program and losing again!

Thanks for your help!
Karen
Closed Thread