Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #61  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Here are the goals for the Challenge starting April 18th!

I'm proposing the following for a challenge:

1. Start Sunday, April 18th.
2. Each participant exercise 5 times a week, at least 20 minutes each time. Whatever type you choose--cardio, pilates, walkin, weight lifting....Just 20 minutes at least five times a week.
3. Leave one point remaining each day. Eat your activity points, just cut back one point per day. I had always been taught to get down to the next weight category quickly, eat that points range. I think that might be a little drastic, so let's just leave one point over each day. (7 per week)
4. Check in daily to report our progress.
5. Set a personal goal for each one of us individually: mine is to drop 15 pounds.
6. Get all water in--6 8oz glasses daily.

Let me know what else....

Chach
Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #62  

I would like to continue to post here. I totally enjoy all you guys. I've looked at other sections of 3FCs and settled here. That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome more to join in with us. I can't think of anything else for the challenge.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #63  

hey everyone.....
Oh what a day so far......having a migraine moment....which is no fun what soever, and my migrane prescription makes me sick to my stomach, so I'm just under the weather. Usually when I get these headaches, I try to eat them away, so today is just another challenge thrown my way!!!
Didn't weigh in this morning again.....doing well at that part of it...and I did well yesterday, so far, so good...
Well sorry this is so short, but have to go lay down.
Michelle
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 PM   #64  

Hope you feel better Michelle. I don't get migraines, but I do get sinus headaches (often) and I know what it feels like.

Well raining again today. We expect that for the next few days. So I picked my butt up and went to the mall. Only took my license, car keys and phone. I did that because I went to walk not shop. Got my 2 miles in walking back and forth around the mall. There were alot of people doing the same. Kept seeing them going back and forth each time we passed each other.

Have a good day all.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:00 PM   #65  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to jump on and congrats to everyone who lost this week and congrats to those that gained and refocused. I guess it if was easy to lose weight, we'd all be really skinny, huh? Instead, we are determined, focused gals who want to be successful and need support! I am so grateful to have you all here for me, and I will probably be leaning on you all quite heavily (well, not as heavy as I used to be heeeheee) the next couple of months. With hubby going away, I might be a little more stressed. He'll be back in June from Thailand, so maybe he'll bring me a nice little outfit that will be too big on me once he gets home!! Wouldn't that be nice?

Going to the store this week to stock up for the next month. Need some lean meats and frozen lunches. I use those a lot at night when hubby is gone. Not so much cooking, plus with the nice weather coming, I want to get out and be more active with my son. Bike riding, walking, etc.

Weigh in tomorrow for me. I'll probably be up, but that is okay. I'm going to kick that Easter Bunny's butt for bringing my house chocolate. Grrr.......sent most of it away with my dad last night to give to my mom. Looks better on her hips than mine!! It was the nice Dove chocolate also! Don't need it, don't want to look at it, don't want to consume it.

Hope you all have a nice day and I'll check in later!

Chach
Old 04-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #66  

I've been gone for a bit . . . having a really hard time getting motivated. To be honest, I've been down in the dumps-- no $$ for WW (although after telling DH how important it was for me to get back to meetings, he said we'd find a way to get me back for them), and I've gained 5 lbs since I rejoined, and don't want to be a failure stepping on the scale at the meeting. Although I question who I don't want to be a failure for. I mean, I already know I've gained the weight, so I've already failed myself. Why am I so afraid of being a failure to a leader who doesn't know me at all?

My biggest problem, I think, is that I'm a stress eater . . . and boy have I been stressed! Money is non-existent, husband is having major surgery in a week (and will be off work for 6-8 weeks after that) and I'm so afraid of losing him (his dad died during an outpatient hernia surgery at a relatively young age, and I'm a worrier, which is a bad combination!), I'm helping with a friend's wedding this weekend, preparing to return to school full-time while finishing up prerequisites part-time . . . . oh, the list could go on and on. My world is topsy-turvy, and I haven't come up with a way to find balance.

I've been reading Dr. Phil's book, which has been a struggle for me. There are so many head issues that I have related to food and the "why" behind my eating that I have a lof of work to do. But I'm dedicated, which is good.

My DH is being as supportive as he can be-- even volunteering to go on WW with me (I have an extra book and points calculator) so that we can do it together. He knows this eats me up inside, and wants to make it better. I love him for that, but I also know that change has to come from ME for it to work.

I'm planning on starting the April 18th challenge-- I printed it out, and will tape copies to my bathroom mirror and computer at work. My personal goal is to first lose 31 lbs (to get me to my wedding weight of 161) by my 30th birthday on August 20th (although, to be honest, I'd be happy just seeing 169 again by that date!); and finally, I'd like to lose another 6 lbs to get to 155 (and WW goal) by Thanksgiving. I'd ideally like to start out the New Year between 150 and 155, where I hope to maintain my weight.

It'll be a long haul, but I know I can do it if I just get my head into the game and start exercising more/ eating less. Same old, same old.

Have a good Wednesday, everyone. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #67  

Hi Heather,

Sorry things are crashing all around you right now. That can add to the already stress of eating healthy. I think most of us don't want to get weighed and have someone see the scale go up. It's bad enough when we see it go up. I understand that. But I'm sure even the person who is weighing you has the same problem at times. Don't feel like a failure. You haven't given up.

Worrying about your husbands surgery is something that can't be helped. I truly hope all goes well. You said he is willing to go on the program also. While he is home for 6-8 weeks would be a good time. Doing this together would make it alot easier for you. And the program is something everyone can do because it really isn't a diet.

Don't lock yourself into losing X amount of pounds for the challenge. That can sabotage you. Just plan on losing each week. Even if it is a small amount. Sometimes thinking of a big loss all at once can backfire. This is what I am planning on doing. I regained 20 of the 70 lbs I lost. I will go into the challenge only with the expectation of losing.

Stay well and check in often.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #68  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Welcome HellerD! Girl, I'm a stress eater also. That is why I fought this battle before it got out of control this time--the start date for the Challenge coincides with my hubby deploying to Thailand for about 8 weeks. I know I will not be so focused if I don't make it a habit now. I set up the challenge so I have things to answer to above and beyond my normal WW stuff.

My individual goal is to be down around 15 pounds, but I'm like Dotti--any loss is a loss and I'm taking it! My big goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year. I think I should be able to do that.

Weigh in tonight. Don't know how well I'm going to do. I'm going to be up, as it's pms time, but hopefully not over 2 pounds.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Chach
Old 04-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #69  

Okay...just thought I'd let y'all know I'm still alive.....migraine is gone, but the cause of it (toothache) is not, so I'm on my way to the dentist tonight to have it pulled...eeeeek!!!
Will check in tomorrow when I'm feeling better.
All I've had to eat today is a can of applesauce, and a yogurt....has made the diet easier, simply because I can't eat anything I have to chew....lol...not good, I know!!
Michelle
Old 04-15-2004, 01:08 AM   #70  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Everyone!

Big thanks for all the good vibes you all sent me. I not only maintained, even with it being TOM and all that chocolate this week, I lost another 0.2, bringing it to 15.4 and me down to 239.6. I am so excited!!!

I was expecting a 2-3 pound gain, so this is unexpected but also validation that WW works if you work the program, even straying a little.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Michelle, I hope you are feeling better with your tooth problem!!

Chach
Old 04-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #71  

Just checking in this morning. I'm going to try to make checking in at least every other day a priority. I think it will help me be accountable.

I actually did pretty well with my food choices yesterday-- at lots of veggies, yogurt for breakfast, dinner was balanced . . . and to prove how bad my eating has been, I actually lost 2 lbs from following a balanced diet for ONE day.

Yes, I weigh myself daily; yes, this is part of my problem. I need to get rid of the scale. I'm having DH lock it up in storage (I don't have the key) today. If we want to weigh ourselves, we'll have to either go to WW (me) or the gym (both of us). I just cannot deal with the pressure that stupid piece of plastic puts on me.

I am going back to WW on Saturday. I think it's really the only option for me.

Today I was looking for something to wear-- I realized that nothing that I own that fit me last summer fits me now. :-( I refuse to buy larger sized clothing, so I guess I'm either wearing stuff two sizes too small, or I'm going to have to lose weight. I'm currently wearing a pair of pants I swore I would NEVER wear again-- a size 16 Tommy jeans (Tommy jeans, BTW, are cut quite generously and are wonderful if you can get some). I pulled out ANOTHER pair of jeans that I wore last year -- only ONE year ago-- and they were a size 12 (and a year ago, I was teetering onto the edge of needing a 10, because my 12's were getting baggy). No hope of wearing the 12's right now. It's funny-- I thought I was fat when I was wearing those jeans, and this morning I pulled them out and thought, "MY GOSH!! These are TINY!!!" Perspective, I guess.

I'm reaffirming my resolve right now to make appropriate food choices today and tomorrow. The next two days will be stressful, as I work a full day, take an exam for (ironically enough) my nutrition class tonight, and am helping make the flowers/ decorate for a wedding tomorrow. Once Friday is done, though, I'll have a couple of days to do the things I've been neglecting (basically clean and get the house ready for when DH has surgery next Thurs). I'm looking forward to that.

I'm going to add the gym in starting on Monday. Sunday I'm going to try to play some tennis.

I'll try to not be so long-winded in my next e-mail to this board! ;-)
Old 04-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #72  

Why???? Why do we do this to ourselves?!! I know that I am living an unhealthy lifestyle and yet, I feel so unable to change it! I have been battling the Weight Watchers points, I have been trying to lose the same 10 pounds for months and in my mind, I'm doing everything right. Obviously, I have been fooling myself, because here it is mid-April and I am still teetering on the 200 lb mark. My doctor actually gave me a referal to the gastric bypass surgeon in our area and I don't think I want to do that if I can do this on my own. I would love to join you all in a great journey, I felt like I was reading a piece of myself with each of your posts! So far today, I have ate 7 points and am planning on dropping the kids off early so I can go to the gym on my way to work. I just have to keep reminding myself One day at a time...that's the best I can do!!! Eventually, they all add up and I will have accomplished the goal!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #73  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Julie: Welcome and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go to the surgeon. I cannot believe your doctor gave you a referral for that surgery if you are only 200 pounds. That surgery is only for people 100-120 pounds overweight. No way would you be a candidate for that! Plus, you can lose this weight by joining us. You can stay on track with WW and we will help you through this. Remember if you have that surgery done, you will not ever be able to "enjoy" a meal again. One cup of food three times a day does not satisfy most of us. I'd rather eat 10 cups of veggies a day and feel full and fulfilled rather than one cup of soup. We all are going through the same struggles and can use another person for support and to support! Join us on the challenge starting Sunday. One of my previous posts addresses the goals. You can do this and then show that doctor you did it through sheer willpower and hard work, not a scalpel!!

Heather: I also struggle with the scale addiction. I was going to give it up this week, but realize it's something I need right now. I am resolving to only weigh once a day, though, and not more than that. Sometimes I would weigh myself more than four times a day! I can do it only once and I haven't even done that yet today.

I am gearing up for the challenge this weekend. I know we are all going to be successful!!! This is so exciting that we are all in this together! What a great group of wonderful, strong, encouraging women!!

Chach
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #74  

Hi All,

Welcome Julie. I can't answer why we do this to ourselves. I would be the last one with that answer. Having lost and reached goal about a dozen times and then gaining and having to do it again. If I knew the answer I would open a weight clinic and make a fortune. Stick here with us and we can all do this together.

Chach .2 is good. And a total of 15.4 is even better. You are on your way.

Heather I am also a scale stepper. I think it is an exercise tool. Isn't it amazing how fast the sizes go up but take so long coming down. Well all we can do is take one day at a time.

I am so looking forward to the challenge. Not setting any goals just looking to lose.

Well got to go and walk now. Finally, NO RAIN!
Old 04-16-2004, 03:12 AM   #75  

Well, I feel really good about today. I went to the gym, worked out for about 40 minutes, ate totally on plan today, AND I managed to drink about 100 oz of water, and NO SODA!!! I won't say it was easy, but what is in this life?????? Yes, don't you love my doctor--they wouldn't give me anything like Meridia or something, but here, have a major surgery w/o thinking twice, whatever it takes to get you out of my hair, because I am not putting forth the effort to help you!! I think that's what has spurned this new resolve. I was Furious with him last week--I've been asking for help for almost 2 years as I have watched my weight slowly creep up and up. Now, with BMI and comorbidities, I am "a perfect candidate" for the surgery. Well, I don't want the surgery. That's why I wanted the help-before I got so obese that I needed the surgery. Lord love our medical professionals, but sometimes, I wonder if the degree is obtainable in a cracker jack box!!! Anyway, thank you for all of the support, I can't wait to start this challenge so I can show this darn doctor what I'm made of!!! Go team!!! Julie
Closed Thread