Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #1  

Default Point Levels

Could someone please post the point levels and their corresponding weights?

Thanks,

ArnaP
Old 09-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #2  

I don't know if they changed the numbers with the new flex points, but here's the ones I have:
150-174 18-23
175-199 20-25
200-224 22-27
225-250 24-29
225-250 26-31
over 250 28-33

Hope this helps
Old 09-05-2003, 12:54 PM   #3  

I guess I should have been more specific. I need the new point values and corresponding weights.

Thanks,

ArnaP
Old 09-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

150 and below is 20 TARGET POINTS + 35 FLEX POINTS
150-174 is 22 TARGET POINTS + 35 FLEX POINTS
175-199 is 24 TARGET POINTS + 35 FLEX POINTS
200-224 is 26 TARGET POINTS + 35 FLEX POINTS
225-250 is 28 TARGET POINTS + 35 FLEX POINTS

You also must use your ACTIVITY POINTS on the day they are earned or they are lost. And you use them before you dip into your FLEX POINTS. I will clarify this a bit more with this edit...you don't have to use your ACTIVITY POINTS at all --- that is your choose to use or not use but when you do choose to use them you use them prior to dipping into the FLEX POINTS BALANCE.

For example if my TARGET is 22 and I eat 30 points in a day but I earned 4 ACTIVITY it would look like this:

POINTS EATEN --------- 30
subtract TARGET ------- 22
remaining used -------- 08
subtract ACTIVITY ----- 04
remaining used -------- 04
pull from FLEX ---------- 04

balanced for the day -- 00

FLEX POINTS ---------- 35
used 4 on said day -- 04
FLEX Balance --------- 31

Last edited by Kelly_S; 09-05-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #5  
CIN

Default Kelly.lets discuss something!

Hi Kelley
I think you may be incorrect about eating the activity points BEFORE dipping into the Flex. Please tell me where you see that info in the material. I read that if you choose to add the points in and eat them that day you may and if you choose not to eat them simply r efrain from adding them in. Of course they cannot carry over but I think you may be mistaken about the other info you are sharing.Please check your WW material and tell me where you are getting your information !

Thanks!
Cin
Old 09-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Two place I have read about using the Activity Points before dipping into the FlexPoints.

1) Week one booklet - sorry at work right now and don't have the page number

and

2) Online user guide - and the program is written that it takes the Activity Points before it dips into your Flex Points.

I know you have to use them the day you earn them and yes it is your option to use or not use them by adding them or not in but yes I am correct in the fact that you use them before you use the Flex Points.

I just went to the Weight Watcher's page and clicked on the FLEX POINT information and this is what it states under that section in TRACKING YOUR DAY with the same type of example as I posted above:

"Using FlexPoints
Start each day with a daily POINTSŪ Target, based on your current weight. While sometimes you may go below your POINTS Target, try to eat at least 20 POINTS. When you do go above your POINTS Target, you can supplement by swapping Activity POINTS you earn that day, as well as by using your weekly reserve of 35 FlexPoints. "

I was going to post the info from the Week 1 book when I got home but I think if you look at the info on the W/W page you'll see I ma correct. I just looked at my week one in the Quik Track section and it doesn't actually say it but it shows how you add in the APs and use them. But I also go a small flyer with info on the Flex Points that says you use your APs before your FPs if you choose to use them.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 09-05-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:47 PM   #7  
CIN

Kelley
SHOW ME A PAGE NUMBER IN THE WEEK ONE BOOK WHEN YOU GO BACK TO WORK AND I WILL ACCEPT YOUR ANSWER.I HAVE READ AND RE-READ AND IT DOESNT SAY YOU HAVE TO USE ACTIVITY BEFORE FLEXPOINTS!

AN ONLINE PROGRAM AND HOW IT WORKS IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.IF IT AUTOMATICALLY DOES THAT THAT IS BECAUSE ITS PROGRAMMED THAT WAY...........THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO...........!!!

FLEXPOINTS ARE TO BE USED HOWEVER AND WHENEVER YOU WANT......................THEY ARE DIFFERENT THAT AP....SOME SAMPLES MAY SHOW USING THEM .OTHERS NOT!

IN THE LONG RUN IT IS 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.....so my advice is to lighten up and relax..in other words CHILL my dear!

Yours TRULY,
Cin
Old 09-05-2003, 11:35 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

You don't have to yell! One question --- why would you say "so my advice is to lighten up and relax..in other words CHILL my dear!" when you are the one shouting almost your entire post in cyberspace. And if you read my entire post you would realize I did go back and edit it with the information and where it came from. I may not have posted the page numbers at that time but here it is page 54-55 in the QuikTrak section and it shows adding in the points.

This is from the W/W home page on how FlexPlan and FlexPoints work, "Using FlexPoints
Start each day with a daily POINTSŪ Target, based on your current weight. While sometimes you may go below your POINTS Target, try to eat at least 20 POINTS. When you do go above your POINTS Target, you can supplement by swapping Activity POINTS you earn that day, as well as by using your weekly reserve of 35 FlexPoints. "

Both the On-Line Program and the 'physical' program as well as the 'at home' program are all based on the same way to calculate and utilize points. Why would you say "AN ONLINE PROGRAM AND HOW IT WORKS IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY." It is programmed to work as the program is written by W/W.

Believe...don't believe...this is the way it was explained by Joann my leader on the Tuesday night we got the new information and by the W/W page and by the on-line program.

Yes FlexPoints are there for you to use as you choose and it is a person's option to use or not use the ActivityPoints. Page 54 clearly states "For activity, write the POINTS earned in the Deposited/Earned column. If swapping for food, add them to the POINTS balance column on the line above. Write th new balance on the line as you've entered POINTS earned (for example, add 3 POINTS for an activity to 19 on teh line above to give you a new balance of 22). If not swapping, don't add to the POINTS balance." This is used with the example on page 55. The FlexPoints are there if you need or have the desire to eat over your TargetPoints. If you are using the ActivityPoints you'd add them in then subtract until you got to the point where you would need to use your FlexPoints.

So take your own advice and "lighten up and relax..in other words CHILL my dear!"
Old 09-06-2003, 12:25 AM   #9  
CIN

Kelly,
Forgive me if my caps lock was on.It was not intentional.

Next week the topic at WW is the activity...............Nationwide......week 3 book will be distributed.Be sure to read it and post the entire book here on the message boards like you usually do. You will not find a single sentence that says....YOU MUST EAT YOUR ACTIVITY POINTS BEFORE DIPPING INTO FLEX POINTS......................I promise you because I already have it along with a lot of info you dont have your hands on!

Once again END OF SUBJECT............BUT PLEASE POST THE PAGE # IN THE WEEK ONE BOOK BECAUSE THAT IS THE bible FOR ww MEMBERS! THESE CAPS LOCK WERE NOT AN OVERSIGHT THIS
TIME!

Also ask for the PSRM # from your Leader......that states the dipping part!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Kelly.
Cin is a leader and has the entire program. I think in this case you might let the people in charge answer some of the questions. You tend to cut and paste from all over the net and although it is nice of you to do the "leg" work on some of the questions people ask, I think it is one of the reasons this part of 3fc is not very active. I can read the books and surf the net for the facts too. Between the 3 major ww sites you have more than 12,000 posts.

You shut other people out by being so forceful and not allowing the flow of ideas move through out this board. When a question is posted and someone answers that you disagree with you are very abrupt and put and end to any conversation that might have lead to making the program work for someone.

I am not taking sides, but I ask as someone coming back to WW with the new program that you back off a little and allow others to participate on this board and get a feel for the new program. No one has been on this for more than a few weeks except the leaders. I want to make this program work for me so I can succeed. I would hope that if I find something that is working for me I could come here to share it and see if others have tried it regardless of what book it might be printed in.
We all have good ideas we should feel comfortable enough to share. We are looking here to find out what others think and what others want to share. I am asking this of you because on every WW board across the net you are there with the same cut and past answers. I can read. I can read my books, I can read the WW site and I can read the boards, as can all of the other posters and non posters.
Speaking for myself I am looking for more than the cut and paste, I am looking for real people to communicate with. Please let that happen, you don't have to be the one and only answer to any and all questions about WW.
thanks for listening,
Old 09-06-2003, 10:06 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

I never intend for what I posted to MEAN you had to eat your APs if you did not want to. I realized that I did not put that in there and went back and edited the original post. Yes everything states that you can choose to eat them or not. That was my mistake and I will admit that. However everything I have including a small flyer that came with my Week1 materials, what my leader explained, as well as a e-mail I put into WWI states that AP should be used if one chooses to on the day they are earned and before dipping into the FP. But this is only if the person is choosing to use AP.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #12  

Default Point Levels

Okay, I'm not intending to incite further to this heated discussion, but wanted to add that to ME, it makes sense that you would eat your AP's prior to dipping into your flexpoints....(if you choose to use AP's) ...... the reason being, that the AP's expire when the day ends......this leaves you the FLEXIBILITY of still having your flexpoints for another day. I am assuming that this is what WW had intended when they replaced banking with the flex system. To have those points available whenever needed. If you used them prior to using your AP's (for which some people earn a high number), you're using your flexpoints up and they can't be reattained. Hope this made sense.

On another note, I want to point out that Kelly's "cut and paste" system (as some have called it) is a system that is both welcome and helpful. She has never expresssed herself (to my knowledge) to be an expert on the system, but is merely trying to help those people who are doing this system on their own with the information they may need. I have run across many of her posts and find them very informative and helpful -- and sometimes her's is the ONLY response to a post. I applaud her for her tenacity in wanting to be involved. On the other hand, I also agree that personal experience is also a plus -- thus the reason for these boards and the commaradarie between it's members. We should all just take a breather and look at it from different perspectives.

Karen
LT 10/2000
102#'s Gone for Good!!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:49 PM   #13  
CIN

I am interested in genuine RESPECT for one another.

Weight Watchers is a wonderful plan than we can all adapt to suit our own lifestyles.......it is and always has been Flexible in many way throughout the years and it has served members well!

The purpose of 3fc is to support and encourage each other.....just like Weight Watchers meetings are for information & support.

I am open to learning new information always..............I often tell members if they choose to listen to advice just make sure it is correct and the best way to be sure is to refer to the Week One Book and WW material. Dont debate every issue.It serves no purpose.

Sometimes others need support and encouragement more than information .....................I think its even ok to let them whine if they need to.to a certain extent.

No need to continue hashing this out.it serves no purpose and certainly doesnt support weight loss!

When I am mistaken..I do admit it! I WANT to learn and that is a part of learning. So I guess in this case it needs to be dropped.

If anyone is offended...........my sincere apologies. I will contine my support in the 5 meetings a week I lead and leave it there.

I will visit and post where my encouragement is welcome.

Thanks!
Cin
Old 09-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #14  

Well I have been looking around for different sites to post in and I enjoy most of the ones I go into however after reading this forom I think I will have to pass. Far to much arguing in here for me. I am new to this one but I must take Cin side here. Since you are a leader I would class you as an expert on the subject. This forum should be for support, and everyone will you the new programe as they feel it will work for them. Not everyone does any of the programs exactly the same as different ways work for different people. I hope you all can work out your differences and continue happily of your wt loss journey helping out others when you can.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #15  

Oh yeah and like leaders have never put out wrong information? My leader told me fruit doesn't need to be counted because no one got fat eating fruit.... told me that I had to subtract the activity points I earn from my flex points for the week because that is how she interpreted it. changed to new one today and the new leader says to count fruit and that if you choose to use activty points use them before you use your flex points but you do not have to choose to use activity at all. Also they do not carry over.

CIN is this right or how you interpret it?
Closed Thread