Old 02-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #16  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

love the Velvetta cheese slices and they are 1SP surprisingly. creamy and doesn't taste like fake cheese. also good to grate cheese on salads....seems like more when it's scattered more on the salad I use the seriously sharp cheddar a lot and the jalepeno cheese. I like strong flavor so I can use less.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:00 AM   #17  

You should be able to buy one of the calculators. I can't see them refusing to sell it to you just because you are an online member.
I love that some protein sources went down in points. For me it's been a bit of an adventure trying to find foods and recipes that work. I've found that my daily diet is more varied now.
RetroSewist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

I really struggled at first too....so much work to re-enter things! All of the foods I had PPV memorized had changed! The app crashes a lot! (it crashed as I was typing this and trying to add a banana to my tracker. -_-)

BUT! Watching the pounds melt off and feeling my energy spike as I made MUCH better choices has been incredibly motivating.

Last edited by wolfchan; 03-03-2016 at 11:42 PM.
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:03 PM   #19  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz151 View Post
I'm slowly getting on board and am even somewhat excited to officially start the new WW plan. I realized it's a good thing that this new plan discourages poor eating habits. I am in the process of writing a new shopping list of items I should pick up (I'm happy to see that some of my favorites actually haven't changed much!) and plan to be 100% back on track as of Monday.

I'm still struggling with cheese though. One of my favorite WW meals/snacks is a big sandwich: Pepperidge Farm Soft Wheat Bread (1 sp/slice), Dietz & Watson Maple & Honey Turkey (1 sp/2 oz), Dietz & Watson Gourmet Lite Ham (1 sp/2 oz), some form of cheese, and a ton of veggies on top. It was usually a total of 5 pp. I loveee cheese. For a while, I was eating the Borden Fat-Free American Cheese slices on my sandwiches but have since decided I only want to use fresh cheese on anything I make, but wow the points for one slice make it rough! I often use a wedge of Laughing Cow to get the taste, but sometimes there's nothing like a slice of melted cheese on top of your sandwich. I'm having a hard time finding one that's not too many points :/

Other than that, everything seems to be doable. Thanks for your support, I may have not followed-through with this new plan if it wasn't for the encouraging words from you ladies
I LOVE CHEESE!

What I have learned is this, it is either the star of the dish, or I just eat the cheese. A slice of cheese on a sandwich, or a bit of cheese in a taco, do you really taste it?

Most likely not.

However, once in awhile, Velveeta Light, grilled cheese sandwich, on Sara Lee 1 Smart Point per slice bread, spritz on some cooking spray and grill! Heck yeah! Toasty, melty goodness!

As far as the Smart points plan goes, I struggled to get on board, and I am a leader.

It was not the plan, I had a long year in 2015 with lots of family stuff.

I do have to say, while it was a struggle, for me, my group, knew, and they were so supportive, and helpful.

Some how or another, through all of the program changes, and app crashes, and life, the people on the back side of the program, that members do not know, were there for me, along with the amazing people at my meeting!

I finally, got some down time from family, to embrace the new program, and I truly do like it.

The thing for me, is that on both sides of this equation, I got so much support!

Last edited by Koshka; 03-15-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Edited by Koshka to combine double posts
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote