Old 03-31-2015, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Default April Chat!

Welcome to April everyone! (at least, it's April in Australia already)

My goal for March was to lose 1.5kg (3.3lbs) as I was on holidays for 12 nights and thought anything more would be unrealistic. I am very glad to say I smashed that goal, losing 2.5kg (5.5lbs).

March was a great month for me in lots of respects- we booked our wedding, good month for weight loss and I had a great NSV a few days ago.

My clothes have officially crossed the line from baggy to ridiculous and I needed to buy a new pair of jeans. I told the attendant I'd lost 15kg (33lbs) and I'd probably need a size 14AU but I ended up needing a size 12AU! And now that I'm wearing clothes that fit, people are finally noticing my weight loss.

My goal for April is to lose another 2.5kg with the aim of meeting my long-term goal of being in the 60s (kg) by the end of May.

Sunarie- congrats on the house! That's super exciting! Can't wait to see photos

SoMuchFattitude- I loved reading your post about the half-marathon. I love it when people don't bullshit about exercise- I too have a Just Do It philosophy and don't really enjoy it most of the time. The fact you did it under such trying conditions is amazing x

Good luck for April everyone!

Last edited by flickety_switch; 03-31-2015 at 05:10 PM.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/230/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! This is the first time I have posted in a chat on here.
My goal for this month is to lose 3 pounds!
roaming_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #3  

Weigh-in day today! I lost 0.5kg (1.1lbs) to make my total weight loss officially 15kg as of today.

My weight has been bouncing around 75kg since we got back so I'm really looking forward to getting under that.

This week was a little tough- I'm always really hungry the week after my period. I can also feel myself slipping a bit with measuring etc so I need to tighten up as I still have at least 10kg to lose and it's easy to get complacent when you get to this stage. Good luck for this week everyone!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hi everyone! I'm still here, I swear lol. My April goal is to get back on the losing track... I've been maintaining in the low 240/high 230 range, which isny bad at all but i want to get back to it! (Challenge - my 30th birthday is next week. Cheesecake factory. Yay and ack at the same time. The next day is full of shopping though - lots of cardio!)

A good news - normally my main exercise is tunning, but I haven't had a lot of time lately. I'll run outside or at the base gym with DH. My mom, who is disabled, decided she wants to join the rec center, where they have machines she can use and therapeutic swimming for people with disabilities. So I'm going to try branching out my exercises, maybe do some swimming on the weekends. Im going to be there anyway to help her, so why not? We are going to try a month membership and see what we think. Beautiful place too - just opened a few weeks ago.

Flickity - Yay with the clothes!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. I skipped my weigh in yesterday because I just couldn't get to the WW center and it's TOM anyway. I am feeling pretty good but I am definitely concerned about Easter supper tomorrow - way too many temptations, and since I'm cooking, there will be delicious leftovers all week to avoid.

Fae: varying the workout is such a good idea - I'm bad about that, I stick with yoga and running mostly, but should be trying zumba, etc.

SoMuch: I loved your blog post. Truth, preach it.

Flickety: I can't wait to have to shop for new clothes! I wore a pair of jeans today I haven't worn in months and they...fit. That's all. Not as exciting as thinking I need to go shopping

Have a great weekend everyone!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #6  

Default April Chat!

For weight loss, you could try Spinach. Not only it's high in fibre and low in calories, but according to recent research it contains thylakoids, which decrease the craving for unhealthy foods up to 95 per cent. And one of the reasons for weight gain in eating unhealthy food...
bruceeatchel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hey guys. Just wanted to pop in and say housing stuff is going well. We're submitting tons of paperwork. Had the home inspection on Friday, appraisal is tomorrow.

Been eating out a little still.. trying to curb that. Had some candy with Easter. I'm a total sucker for cadbury mini-eggs and they only come around this year. At least I got dark chocolate though! Weigh in today was up .2lbs from last Monday.

Hope everyone else had a good Easter!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:14 AM   #8  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hey all,

Well mom and I joined the rec centers yesterday. I like the one we went to, it's Shiney and new, and I was able to get mom on some machines! I think tomorrow I am going to go to one that's close to our house though.

I've really been binging lately, and I am trying to figure out why. I think it's stress, and the fact I get hardy any alone time - I'm always either with dh, my mom, or at school. Driving to and from school is it! So I need to step up my solo exercise (maybe I'm weird, but exercise is always something I have done as a fun activity, even without the goal of weight loss. I signed up for a Zumba class while dh was deployed, and confused everyone when I said I wasn't there to lose weight). I normally don't even go to the gym alone... gah!

End rant. Sorry guys.

Sun- haha I rememer when we bought our house. Paperwork is fun. Refinancing was more fun because dh was deployed, so for him I had to sign everything as [My Name] attorney-in-fact for [his name]. Just wait until you get to the closing...
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all! I'm still here, too. Spinning my wheels for the past year so really working the program now. My goal for this month is to track every day and exercise 6 days (3 weights/3 cardio).
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #10  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

I have not been around much but back now. I changed my goal weight to 164 (from 160). I have been lingering at 161.4-161.6 for the month and a half. So talked to my leader and she said change your goal. 164 is the top of my healthy weight category. I am not a small person and am very happy with where I am. I also want a bit of wiggle room. 160 did not give me that but hopefully 164 will. I feel a bit down that I could not get there but I think in the long run this will be better.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #11  

Just got back from weigh-in, down 1.8, which is good, but I missed my weigh-in last week, so that's basically all that was lost in two weeks. I'm trying not to be mad at myself - too much Easter food on Easter. In other news, I finally bought a home scale, my first in 16 years! Going to see if I can avoid weighing in daily, but at least doing it on my weigh-in day first thing. I'm a little worried about next week, will be traveling with family and may not have a lot of options. Any advice about what to pack in my suitcase as quick snacks? TIA!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I just joined weight watchers this week! I used to be a calorie counter and it worked for me but when I would lose about 30lbs I would celebrate... And not stop! So my mom got on WW back in November and she has lost 50lbs and looks great! She convinced me to try WW because I am just so unhealthy now. I am really hoping the support from meetings and the support from here really helps! I can already feel my face is getting slimmer which is nice! I loved reading all of your posts!

elaineindc - almonds maybe? They can't really ruin in your bag and they have protein in them so it should help you stay fuller longer. Only problem is they are high in points!

Last edited by KatieAlyse; 04-11-2015 at 05:03 AM.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #13  

Welcome, KatieAlyse! I totally get you on the celebrating thing - I lost 33 lbs before my wedding and then completely fell off the wagon. I like the WW wagon so far - glad you're here with us! I will think about the almonds, good call.

Question for others, I bought that scale and got on it first-thing this morning, just as an experiment after having my weigh-in yesterday. Well it says I'm down another 2lbs - crazy and not possible, but I am wondering how you guys manage the urge to look at the scale every day. With WW you have to pick a weigh-in day, do you stick with that? I really loved reading the extra 2lbs this morning because it means I've lost a total of 20 lbs since February, but I have a busy social week coming up and I'm sure that by Friday I will be up again. Just wondering how you guys think about this stuff.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #14  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Elaine- each scale is a bit different, so this being a new scale you will just have to weigh yourself on it a few times to see how it compares to your ww weigh in scale. Plus if your meeting is at night vs morning makes a difference etc. I weigh daily, in the morning before I eat. It helps me know the fluctuations in my own body, ie sodium, monthly cycle etc. the scale number is a bit different then my meeting number but I now expect to see that difference so it does not bother me. Each person is different so try to see what works for you. As for weigh in day, I usually weigh in Tuesday's but can weigh in thursdays as well. Just depends on my week. If you are just online, you could change your weigh day but if you play with it too much, you might get in the habit of not weighting and that is a slippery slope to not losing weight.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #15  

Checking in! I lost 0.7kg (1.5lbs) this week which was a surprise when I stepped on the scales as they hadn't been moving very much all week!

But in even bigger news, I bought my wedding dress yesterday! It is a lacy, form-fitting number I could never have worn 35lbs ago and when I came out in it in the bridal salon, everyone turned around and gasped. I felt so proud of myself in that moment for all my hard work.

Elaineindc- I look at the scale every day now but only because I've got enough experience/perspective now not to get super hung up/disappointed about the day-to-day numbers or any blips. I only write down my weight on Sundays though. But I am doing WW online rather than meetings so that probably makes a difference.

KatieAlyse- welcome! These forums are great for newbies, I got lots of awesome tips when I started!

I'm off on a three-hour hike this morning to try and repair some of the damage that will be done tonight! My brother passed his physician exams and we're going to a fine dining Middle Eastern restaurant for a four-course soufra. Yikes! Not WW approved!