Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #61  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

I would love to join you as well. I have been following an older version of WW like pjk for a few months with great results. Look forward to chatting with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
hello! new here! I spent quite a few months over on ideal protein, lost all sort of desire...gained a bit back....stopping before I gain ALL back plus some. I did WW in the past (high school) but a lot has changed. My roomie is on it and has been successful. I'm excited to have found this forum because I was so driven by the Ideal Protein one that I know this will help! Excited to get to know yall!
Hi ems,

I too followed IP for a while, but have enjoyed WW so much more and with better results! Look forward to knowing you!

Have a great day everyone!!
chicklet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Disappointing weigh-in today - up 0.4. I was incredibly faithful to the program this week, only used 15 weeklies the previous weekend and even came in under points a few days during the work week. I did use some dailies for a few girl scout cookies this week - I guess those are off plan even if I have the points. Ugh, I was sure I would see a little movement after being so diligent this week. Boo.
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 186/184/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Chicklet! Let's do great things!

TGIF!
pjk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #64  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Elaine- that sucks. There is do many things that affect our weight, was it something other then what you ate. Maybe stress? Your cycle ( this always affects my weight)? What you were wearing? Maybe extra water before you weighed in? High Sodium? I would say girl guide cookies are on plan, if they are within your points. But each of us are different, some need to be low carb while others do not need to worry about that etc. that is the beauty of WW, you need to experiment and figure out how to make the program work for you. I hope you figure out how to make it work for you.

Also water helps flush the body of well everything. I find for best weigh loss results I need to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning ( before eating or drinking anything else) and right before bed.

Last edited by Dixiemom; 03-20-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #65  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

SoMcuhFattitude- Good Luck on your race this weekend ( atleast I think it is this weekend). You got this!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

chicklet52, no way! That's great! glad to have a like-minded friend here. How long have you been on WW? I just started yesterday. I'm feeling good. Not feeling extremely hungry OR deprived! Today I actually split a burger with my boss for lunch. It was the first burger I've had since BEFORE 9/2013! And I don't feel bad!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Just checking in! Still on holidays for three more nights but wanted to wish you BIG luck and BIG hugs for the race SoMuchFattitude!

I have not been eating on plan or counting (truly impossible in a foreign country, often in remote places) but I have often only been eating one meal a day so I'm hoping the damage is OK.

I actually feel quite a bit smaller all of a sudden...and a lot of my clothes I brought have moved from a "a bit loose but still OK" to "not wearable" so it'll be interesting to see if I've actually lost weight over here, as delusional as that sounds.

Having an amazing time but I am looking forward to getting back to calorie counting and getting back on the scales.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #68  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
chicklet52, no way! That's great! glad to have a like-minded friend here. How long have you been on WW? I just started yesterday. I'm feeling good. Not feeling extremely hungry OR deprived! Today I actually split a burger with my boss for lunch. It was the first burger I've had since BEFORE 9/2013! And I don't feel bad!
Hi - sounds great! I have been on since 2/2/15 and it is great! It's nice to have choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickety_switch View Post
Just checking in! Still on holidays for three more nights but wanted to wish you BIG luck and BIG hugs for the race SoMuchFattitude!

I have not been eating on plan or counting (truly impossible in a foreign country, often in remote places) but I have often only been eating one meal a day so I'm hoping the damage is OK.

I actually feel quite a bit smaller all of a sudden...and a lot of my clothes I brought have moved from a "a bit loose but still OK" to "not wearable" so it'll be interesting to see if I've actually lost weight over here, as delusional as that sounds.

Having an amazing time but I am looking forward to getting back to calorie counting and getting back on the scales.
Sounds like a wonderful trip and you are doing great!

Waving Hi to everyone and hoping you are all having a terrific weekend!!
chicklet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone. Dropping in for a quick check in. Still a busy bee with house hunting and working extra. Use to spend my time while working browsing the forums, but now it's being spent looking at listings.

SoMuchFattitude - I hope your race went well! I expect to see a blog post about it at some point if there isn't one already. I haven't had the time to really check lately.

Chicklet - Welcome!

Flickety_switch - Sending you happy weight thoughts. Even if you don't show a loss on the scale, be happy about the clothes being loose. Probably means you've lost inches and I'll take those over lbs/kilos any day!

For me I'm down .8lbs this week. Slow going. We've been grabbing fast food a lot, but I've managed to stay within my dailies/weeklies. So doing good there.

Saturday we found a house we loved. It was it's first day on the market. Newly remodeled (new roof, new kitchen with mahogany cabinets and tiled backdrop, new AC unit, stainless steel appliances, new hardwood floors, new light fixtures with fans).. Went in Sunday morning to do the offer paperwork.. someone beat us to bidding on it and the seller accepted their offer. Now we're on the waiting list in case that deal falls through, but we don't think it's going to. It's a bummer but we still have a lot of time.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 269/ticker/179

Height: 5'11

Hi Everyone!

MrsD - I didn't see this until just now. Thanks for the info - I'm going to have to check it out!

Okay, I need to rant a little. I just went to my meeting, and apparently there was a substitute leader today. During weigh-in, the girl in front of me lost 7lbs. The sub. leader told her she hates people like her (in regards to losing 7 lbs in a week). This really rubbed me the wrong way, so I left after my weigh-in. It didn't feel like a supportive comment, and I didn't feel like sitting through any type of meeting she is going to run. She gave me attitude about why I wasn't staying. I blamed it on homework, but I feel bad now, like I should've stood up for how I felt. I've never been one to be confrontational, and I know that she probably meant not to be nasty, but I really don't like being around abrasive people.

I'm under a mountain of stress, and constantly feel like I'm juggling. I go to school full time, and tomorrow I start work-study. I have a 30 page research paper hanging over my head, and I feel like if one more thing gets tossed at me, everything is going to fall. I know my time is not more valuable than anyone else's but I don't have the luxury of wasting it.

In related news - I only lost .4 lbs this week. It's pretty apparent I'm not going to reach my March goal, which is disappointing, but I'm not going to let it get me down.

I hope everyone has a successful week!
iSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Feeling pretty stoked! Got home from 12 nights in Thailand this morning. I just jumped on the scales and I'm down 1.5kg! (3.3lbs)

Am going to wait and see until tomorrow before I officially record my weight as I had just eaten my lunch and previously hadn't eaten for about fifteen hours while travelling but I definitely haven't gained, which I am so happy about!

I definitely ate a lot of things that were not on plan while on holiday (ice-cream, hot chips etc) but I also hugely restricted my portions and ate a lot of Thai food, which is not that bad in the scheme of things. I also worked out four times while I was away.

I'm really proud and reassured that I could go away for 12 days and not count points and still lose. I fully expected to maintain or gain.

One more kg to go and I've lost 15kg! (33lbs)

Sunarie- good luck with the house hunting! It took us three months but I absolutely love our house and I'm so glad we didn't settle for less!

iSpoons- that's super annoying of that leader and I would have left too. How unprofessional! I have an online WW subscription because I knew I could do it myself and I knew there'd be people like her at meetings who would annoy me.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

iSpoons - I would probably be pretty upset if that had happened with me around too. The meetings are suppose to be supportive, and a leader especially shouldn't be tearing anyone down like that, regardless of if it was meant to be a joke or not.

Flickety_switch - Congrats! It's awesome that you were still able to lose while not tracking points. That probably bodes well for maintenance time!

I'm still hanging in there, still looking at houses and still working more. The rate stuff is getting bid on and offers are getting accepted is kind of wild. It looked like the market was awesome before we started the process because of all the houses that'd been for sale for over a month, but come to find out that they leave houses as for sale under closing, even though you can't really bid on them once an offer has been accepted. Realtor says that once April hits there will likely be an influx of houses posted for sale. I guess it's a popular time to sell/move. Fingers crossed we still find something we love as much as that first house relatively soon.

Hanging around 223 right now, but haven't been eating as healthy as I could. I did exercise yesterday and today, so at least I got that in!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Just came back from weigh-in - down 3.3 after being up 0.4 last week. Very relieved that focusing on water and getting all my points in each day actually worked Of course I want to celebrate with a cookie...typical. Have a great weekend!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #74  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm alive!! Ok, so the half marathon was last Sunday and my recap of it is here.

Long story short: miserable race, cold nasty rain the whole time, terrible blisters. First and last half. LOL
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 186/184/145

Height: 5' 5"

Did not weigh in today. To be honest I forgot. I am terrible about tracking on weekends, as if they don't count. I'm such a dolt. Tracking again today. And will hit the gym or workout 3x this week.
pjk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote