Old 08-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default August WW Chat

New month, new chat!

I weighed in and was at .2 up this week. It was annoying because I had a good week with food, think it was mostly fluid retention. We'll see how the new week goes. How is everyone else doing?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #2  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Thanks for opening an August thread Koshka.

I'm really feeling positive for August. I am finally back in the grove. Yes! After vacation and for weeks afterwards I just couldn't get to be 100%. But all of a sudden, it has become easy again. Fingers Crossed it sticks.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #3  
Never Giving Up

Default WW Pancakes! Low points!

Hi just want to share a pancake recipe that I found on another social networking site I frequent. These are so good for you, so filling, and best yet so low in points. It might even be Simply Filling, or Gluten Free. I'm not sure.

Pancakes
1 Packet of WW Vanilla Smoothie (2) points. (I use my own vanilla whey protein powder which I know is 2 points a scoop)

1/3 cup egg beaters or similar. (1 point, even though the brand I buy says 0 WW points on front)

mix together well with whisk. Add drops of water as necessary to make the consistency you wish. (instead I add 1 TBLs FF/SF Vanilla coffee creamer)

I also add 1/2 cup blueberries.

Spray some Pam into a non-stick skillet. and Pour the batter to make 3 nice-sized pancakes. Yummy. If you add the blueberries you won't even need the Sugar Free syrup. Enjoy. I have to say these keep you full, and I eat them for lunch or even dinner. You get protein which is important.

Last edited by Serenity100; 08-02-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #4  
Never Giving Up

Another Monday already! Im proud to report that I have been exercising very frequently this summer. I have added bike riding and have been taking ten mile round trip bike rides. I think that the thirty five lbs I have lost so far is making the rides less of a chore and more enjoyable. Plus, I don't want to undo all my hard work so I keep to plan. Have a great week.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

The biking sounds great! Increasing activity is so important particularly as you get smaller and burn fewer calories!

I had an inactive July, but am getting back into activity this month. 40 minutes on the exercise bike today.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi there...

I am going to my weekly WW meeting tomorrow night, it seems like it suits me better than the one I was going to before, it's more my speed. The leader is very engaging, young and friendly. I can relate more to his story than the other leader's.

I haven't been tracking, oy vey. I need to get back on track that way, I just haven't been, well I have been feeling a bit under the weather and sometimes I get lazy.

Have a nice night and thanks for posting the recipe.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #7  
Never Giving Up

TGIF! Actually it is on the weekend that I need to focus the most on my eating. lol

Sounds like we are taking the small steps in the right direction. I have to say that I had months and months saying Oh I need to exercise. Well now I'm exercising and the weight is not melting off like I dreamed. But guess what? I'm not freaking out, I'm actually believing that I'm shrinking and getting more toned and fit even though the scale is not budging. Well actually it is budging, up a pound, down a pound, etc.

But I have not given in, and am still working it. . . and I am determined to be working it when summer is over.

So thats my ramble, KEEP WORKING IT!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

I weighed in last Friday and lost .4 -- not great, but in the right direction. This is a really busy week...my daughter's 18th birthday was today (I ate lightly all day, ate carefully at dinner out and had 1 piece of birthday cake -- small piece). And, my son is moving into an apartment near school on Saturday so just really busy and haven't been active. I think I'll be happy just to hold steady this Friday.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #9  
Never Giving Up

Hi Koshka, I had time this week to peek at your blog and I enjoyed reading it very much. Great job, and btw, you look gorgeous in your picture!

Since I go back to work/teaching in a couple of weeks, this week is filled with Dr. appointments. Mammo, check; bone density, check; skin screening, check; colonscopy, check. A little light bulb in my head went off and I realized that if I go through all the effort to keep healthy I need to keep my weight in the healthy range also, it is just a no brainer and so in my control. But even with my current overweight status I am healthy. Losing those first thirty took away any arthritis pain I had when walking.

I love Weight Watchers.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #10  
Less of a Better Me

Oh, thank you, Serenity. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And, I usually hate my pictures so when I find a good one I want to use it all the time....

To me I look at health and weight as all part of what I'm doing to make a better me. Everything goes together.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #11  
Less of a Better Me

I've been away for awhile (I've been sick, but feeling a little better). Anyway, wanted to post that I weighed in today and finally got off the plateau I've been on and got my 5 pound star for having lost 45 pounds today. 16.2 more to go to get back to my goal weight....
Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #12  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I've been away for awhile (I've been sick, but feeling a little better). Anyway, wanted to post that I weighed in today and finally got off the plateau I've been on and got my 5 pound star for having lost 45 pounds today. 16.2 more to go to get back to my goal weight....
45 is an accomplishment to be proud of. No doubt you can do the rest.